|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tarik's gang different from the Crips and Bloods?
2. Why is Tarik outraged?
3. How is Michael different from the other men Robin has dated?
4. What does Robin do when the tires on her car are slit one day?
5. Why is Savannah satisfied with moving to Phoenix and taking a $12,000 pay cut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Robin come to, regarding Michael?
2. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
3. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
4. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
5. What has Robin done for Russell?
6. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
7. What does Bernadine do with the rest of John's possessions?
8. What does Bernadine do with John's things she finds in the bedroom?
9. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
10. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
Essay Topic 2
Robin' mother and father are worried about paying for a nursing home for her father.
Part 1) From what does Robin' father suffer?
Part 2) What solution is suggested to them?
Part 3) How does Robin try to help them?
Essay Topic 3
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)