|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Savannah satisfied with moving to Phoenix and taking a $12,000 pay cut?
2. How long has Russell been Robin Stokes' boyfriend?
3. Why does she decide to see him again?
4. What does Gloria do before donning a robe and going downstairs?
5. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
2. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
3. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
4. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
5. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
6. What is Savannah's first impression of Lionel?
7. What has Robin done for Russell?
8. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
9. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
10. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Tarik's character goes through tremendous growth through the book.
Part 1) Describe Tarik when the reader first meets him.
Part 2) How is Tarik at the end of the book?
Part 3) What events throughout the book lead to this change in his character?
Essay Topic 3
Robin dates several men, all disappointing to her in one way or another.
Part 1) Describe the men with which she is involved.
Part 2) How do Russell and Troy disappoint her?
Part 3) What is disappointing about Michael?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)