|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robin tolerate Russell's indifference?
2. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes?
3. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
4. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
5. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tarik at school?
2. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
3. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
4. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
5. What is happening with Phillip?
6. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
7. What has Robin done for Russell?
8. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
9. What is Black Women on the Move?
10. What does Robin discover about her wallet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Robin' mother and father are worried about paying for a nursing home for her father.
Part 1) From what does Robin' father suffer?
Part 2) What solution is suggested to them?
Part 3) How does Robin try to help them?
Essay Topic 2
Tarik's father is absent through most of Tarik's life.
Part 1) How is this a theme in the book?
Part 2) How does this event relate to today's society?
Part 3) How do both Tarik and his mother handle the lack of a father figure?
Essay Topic 3
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,779 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)