|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
2. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
3. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
4. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
5. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
2. What does Bernadine learn about James?
3. What does Gloria want for her son?
4. What does Robin think of Michael?
5. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
6. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
7. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
8. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
9. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
10. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
Essay Topic 1
All the chapters about Bernadine and Gloria are written in the third person point of view.
Part 1) What is third person?
Part 2) How does the author help you understand their thoughts and feelings?
Part 3) Do you like reading the third person or first person chapters best? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Gloria regularly takes blood pressure pills when she is stressed.
Part 1) What is the cause of her stress?
Part 2) To what does the stress lead?
Part 3) Predict what changes she will make in her life to live healthier and with less stress.
Essay Topic 3
All the chapters about Robin and Savannah are written in the first person point of view.
Part 1) What is first person?
Part 2) Write a brief summary about Robin.
Part 3) Write a brief summary about Savannah.
This section contains 1,716 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)