|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
2. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
3. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
4. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
5. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
2. What does Bernadine learn about James?
3. What does Gloria want for her son?
4. What does Robin think of Michael?
5. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
6. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
7. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
8. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
9. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
10. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
Essay Topic 1
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The focus of this book is on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) Give two examples of the relationships found in this book.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these two relationships.
Part 3) What have you learned about relationships from this book? Use information from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Gloria is a single mother raising her sixteen-year-old son, Tarik.
Part 1) Why is she a single parent? Where is Tarik's father?
Part 2) What upsets Tarik about his mother's behavior when his father comes to visit? Why would she act this way?
Part 3) How does Gloria meet Marvin? Would he make a good father for Tarik? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,716 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)