|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Savannah's mother and sister, Sheila, worry about Savannah still being unmarried?
2. Robin comes to the realization that Michael is a nice, considerate man, but why does she want to end the relationship?
3. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
4. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
5. Where do Savannah and Robin meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
2. What does Bernadine do with John's things she finds in the bedroom?
3. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
4. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
5. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
6. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
7. What happens to Tarik at school?
8. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
9. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
10. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The focus of this book is on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) Give two examples of the relationships found in this book.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these two relationships.
Part 3) What have you learned about relationships from this book? Use information from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria's salon is called the Oasis.
Part 1) How is this salon symbolic?
Part 2) How is the name appropriate?
Part 3) How does Gloria's view of the salon change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)