|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
2. Robin comes to the realization that Michael is a nice, considerate man, but why does she want to end the relationship?
3. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
4. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
5. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
2. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
3. What happens to Robin's father?
4. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
5. What does Robin discover about Troy and his friends?
6. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
7. What does Robin discover about her wallet?
8. What happens to Tarik at school?
9. How does Gloria become a single mother?
10. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tarik tries to hide something from his mother.
Part 1) What is he hiding?
Part 2) How does she find out? What is her reaction?
Part 3) Is Tarik following in his father's footsteps? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Savannah notices a run in her pantyhose at the New Year's Eve party.
Part 1) What happens to the run as the night progresses?
Part 2) What does this run foreshadow later in the night?
Part 3) What might this run foreshadow later in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The focus of this book is on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) Give two examples of the relationships found in this book.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these two relationships.
Part 3) What have you learned about relationships from this book? Use information from the text to support your response.
This section contains 1,772 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)