|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes?
2. What about Michael repulses Robin?
3. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
4. What does Bernadine do after kicking the mirror on the door?
5. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
2. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
3. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
4. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
5. What has Robin done for Russell?
6. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
7. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
8. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
9. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
10. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tarik's character goes through tremendous growth through the book.
Part 1) Describe Tarik when the reader first meets him.
Part 2) How is Tarik at the end of the book?
Part 3) What events throughout the book lead to this change in his character?
Essay Topic 2
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria is a single mother raising her sixteen-year-old son, Tarik.
Part 1) Why is she a single parent? Where is Tarik's father?
Part 2) What upsets Tarik about his mother's behavior when his father comes to visit? Why would she act this way?
Part 3) How does Gloria meet Marvin? Would he make a good father for Tarik? Why or why not?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)