|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
2. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
3. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
4. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
5. What does Gloria learn about Desiree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tarik at school?
2. What has Robin done for Russell?
3. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
4. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
5. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
6. What is Savannah's first impression of Lionel?
7. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
8. What does Gloria want for her son?
9. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
10. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
Essay Topic 2
Robin decides to wait to tell Russell she is pregnant.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What man in her life will assist her the most with her child?
Part 3) Why is she excited about having a child? What does she regret, regarding her pregnancy?
Essay Topic 3
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)