|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gloria discover about Tarik's whereabouts the night before?
2. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
3. Why does she decide to see him again?
4. Where do Savannah and Robin meet?
5. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
2. How does Gloria become a single mother?
3. What has Robin done for Russell?
4. What does Gloria want for her son?
5. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
6. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
7. What does Bernadine do with John's things she finds in the bedroom?
8. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
9. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
10. What is Savannah's first impression of Lionel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The three main characters are constantly in and out of relationships.
Part 1) Give an example for each character to support this statement.
Part 2) Why do their relationships not work?
Part 3) What advice would you give to them about being in a relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)