|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
2. Why is Savannah satisfied with moving to Phoenix and taking a $12,000 pay cut?
3. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
4. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
5. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
2. How does Gloria become a single mother?
3. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
4. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
5. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
6. What happens to Tarik at school?
7. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
8. With whom does Savannah travel to Phoenix?
9. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
10. What does Bernadine do with the rest of John's possessions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The focus of this book is on relationships between men and women.
Part 1) Give two examples of the relationships found in this book.
Part 2) Compare and contrast these two relationships.
Part 3) What have you learned about relationships from this book? Use information from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)