|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
2. What does Bernadine do after she takes another Xanax?
3. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
4. Why is Bernadine unhappy with her job as a controller for a real estate management company?
5. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
2. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
3. What does Bernadine do with the rest of John's possessions?
4. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
5. What realization does Robin come to, regarding Michael?
6. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
7. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
8. What has Robin done for Russell?
9. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
10. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Savannah's family worries about her being 36 and unmarried.
Part 1) Why do they worry? What are their assumptions about life?
Part 2) Savannah goes against her mother's wishes, regarding Kenneth. What does she do?
Part 3) Does Savannah make a good choice in her relationship with Kenneth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria is a single mother raising her sixteen-year-old son, Tarik.
Part 1) Why is she a single parent? Where is Tarik's father?
Part 2) What upsets Tarik about his mother's behavior when his father comes to visit? Why would she act this way?
Part 3) How does Gloria meet Marvin? Would he make a good father for Tarik? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)