|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
2. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
3. What does Gloria think about after Tarik leaves to be with his friends?
4. Why do Robin and Savannah promise to meet?
5. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tarik at school?
2. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
3. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
4. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
5. What has Robin done for Russell?
6. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
7. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
8. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
9. What does Gloria want for her son?
10. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Savannah's family worries about her being 36 and unmarried.
Part 1) Why do they worry? What are their assumptions about life?
Part 2) Savannah goes against her mother's wishes, regarding Kenneth. What does she do?
Part 3) Does Savannah make a good choice in her relationship with Kenneth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
All the chapters about Robin and Savannah are written in the first person point of view.
Part 1) What is first person?
Part 2) Write a brief summary about Robin.
Part 3) Write a brief summary about Savannah.
Essay Topic 3
Tarik's character goes through tremendous growth through the book.
Part 1) Describe Tarik when the reader first meets him.
Part 2) How is Tarik at the end of the book?
Part 3) What events throughout the book lead to this change in his character?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)