Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
2. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
3. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
4. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
5. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
2. What does Bernadine learn about James?
3. What does Gloria want for her son?
4. What does Robin think of Michael?
5. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
6. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
7. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
8. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
9. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
10. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
All the chapters about Bernadine and Gloria are written in the third person point of view.
Part 1) What is third person?
Part 2) How does the author help you understand their thoughts and feelings?
Part 3) Do you like reading the third person or first person chapters best? Why?
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)