|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin tell Savannah while they wait for Bernadine and Gloria to arrive?
2. What does Savannah resent about the executive world?
3. What does Robin do when the tires on her car are slit one day?
4. What about Michael repulses Robin?
5. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
2. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
3. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
4. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
5. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
6. With whom does Savannah travel to Phoenix?
7. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
8. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
9. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
10. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All the chapters about Robin and Savannah are written in the first person point of view.
Part 1) What is first person?
Part 2) Write a brief summary about Robin.
Part 3) Write a brief summary about Savannah.
Essay Topic 2
Tarik tries to hide something from his mother.
Part 1) What is he hiding?
Part 2) How does she find out? What is her reaction?
Part 3) Is Tarik following in his father's footsteps? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria is a single mother raising her sixteen-year-old son, Tarik.
Part 1) Why is she a single parent? Where is Tarik's father?
Part 2) What upsets Tarik about his mother's behavior when his father comes to visit? Why would she act this way?
Part 3) How does Gloria meet Marvin? Would he make a good father for Tarik? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)