|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robin and Michael's first evening date?
2. Why does Gloria tell Savannah about an organization called Black Women on the Move?
3. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
4. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
5. What has John just informed Bernadine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
2. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
3. What happens to Tarik at school?
4. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
5. With whom does Savannah travel to Phoenix?
6. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
7. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
8. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
9. What does Bernadine do with John's things she finds in the bedroom?
10. How does Gloria become a single mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gloria is a single mother raising her sixteen-year-old son, Tarik.
Part 1) Why is she a single parent? Where is Tarik's father?
Part 2) What upsets Tarik about his mother's behavior when his father comes to visit? Why would she act this way?
Part 3) How does Gloria meet Marvin? Would he make a good father for Tarik? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The three main characters are constantly in and out of relationships.
Part 1) Give an example for each character to support this statement.
Part 2) Why do their relationships not work?
Part 3) What advice would you give to them about being in a relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Robin dates several men, all disappointing to her in one way or another.
Part 1) Describe the men with which she is involved.
Part 2) How do Russell and Troy disappoint her?
Part 3) What is disappointing about Michael?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)