|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
2. Why is Savannah's first impression is one of being pleasantly surprised?
3. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
4. What does Bernadine do after kicking the mirror on the door?
5. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Savannah's first impression of Lionel?
2. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
3. What has Robin done for Russell?
4. What does Gloria want for her son?
5. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
6. What happens to Tarik at school?
7. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
8. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
9. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
10. What realization does Robin come to, regarding Michael?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All the chapters about Robin and Savannah are written in the first person point of view.
Part 1) What is first person?
Part 2) Write a brief summary about Robin.
Part 3) Write a brief summary about Savannah.
Essay Topic 2
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria regularly takes blood pressure pills when she is stressed.
Part 1) What is the cause of her stress?
Part 2) To what does the stress lead?
Part 3) Predict what changes she will make in her life to live healthier and with less stress.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)