|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
2. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
3. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
4. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
5. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Robin come to, regarding Michael?
2. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
3. What happens to Tarik at school?
4. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
5. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
6. What is Savannah's first impression of Lionel?
7. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
8. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
9. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
10. What does Bernadine do with John's things she finds in the bedroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
Essay Topic 2
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria regularly takes blood pressure pills when she is stressed.
Part 1) What is the cause of her stress?
Part 2) To what does the stress lead?
Part 3) Predict what changes she will make in her life to live healthier and with less stress.
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)