|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
2. What does Gloria think about after Tarik leaves to be with his friends?
3. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
4. What do Bernadine and Gloria claim about Ted?
5. As Savannah looks at her reflection in the mirror, she is pleased overall but what does she wish?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Savannah travel to Phoenix?
2. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
3. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
4. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
5. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
6. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
7. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
8. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
9. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
10. What has Robin done for Russell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Savannah's family worries about her being 36 and unmarried.
Part 1) Why do they worry? What are their assumptions about life?
Part 2) Savannah goes against her mother's wishes, regarding Kenneth. What does she do?
Part 3) Does Savannah make a good choice in her relationship with Kenneth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Robin decides to wait to tell Russell she is pregnant.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What man in her life will assist her the most with her child?
Part 3) Why is she excited about having a child? What does she regret, regarding her pregnancy?
Essay Topic 3
The three main characters are constantly in and out of relationships.
Part 1) Give an example for each character to support this statement.
Part 2) Why do their relationships not work?
Part 3) What advice would you give to them about being in a relationship?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)