Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
2. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
3. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
4. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
5. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
2. What does Bernadine learn about James?
3. What does Gloria want for her son?
4. What does Robin think of Michael?
5. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
6. Why does Robin feel betrayed by Russell?
7. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
8. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
9. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
10. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
Essay Topic 1
Tarik's character goes through tremendous growth through the book.
Part 1) Describe Tarik when the reader first meets him.
Part 2) How is Tarik at the end of the book?
Part 3) What events throughout the book lead to this change in his character?
Essay Topic 2
Gloria's salon is called the Oasis.
Part 1) How is this salon symbolic?
Part 2) How is the name appropriate?
Part 3) How does Gloria's view of the salon change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Tarik tries to hide something from his mother.
Part 1) What is he hiding?
Part 2) How does she find out? What is her reaction?
Part 3) Is Tarik following in his father's footsteps? Why or why not?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)