|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
2. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
3. Where does Bernadine take her children?
4. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
5. Why do Savannah's mother and sister, Sheila, worry about Savannah still being unmarried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
2. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
3. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
4. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
5. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
6. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
7. What does Gloria want for her son?
8. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
9. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
10. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The three main characters are constantly in and out of relationships.
Part 1) Give an example for each character to support this statement.
Part 2) Why do their relationships not work?
Part 3) What advice would you give to them about being in a relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bernadine rids herself of John and his possessions in a similar way to how he has treated her throughout their relationship.
Part 1) How has John treated Bernadine?
Part 2) How is this scene ironic?
Part 3) What does John do to attempt to keep her from getting access to his fortune? Does is work? Why or why not?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)