|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
2. As Savannah looks at her reflection in the mirror, she is pleased overall but what does she wish?
3. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
4. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
5. Why do Robin and Savannah promise to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
2. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
3. What has Robin done for Russell?
4. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
5. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
6. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
7. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
8. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
9. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
10. With whom does Savannah travel to Phoenix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tarik's father is absent through most of Tarik's life.
Part 1) How is this a theme in the book?
Part 2) How does this event relate to today's society?
Part 3) How do both Tarik and his mother handle the lack of a father figure?
Essay Topic 2
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Robin decides to wait to tell Russell she is pregnant.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What man in her life will assist her the most with her child?
Part 3) Why is she excited about having a child? What does she regret, regarding her pregnancy?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)