|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Tarik's gang different from the Crips and Bloods?
2. How long has Russell been Robin Stokes' boyfriend?
3. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
4. What does Bernadine do after she takes another Xanax?
5. Why does Robin tolerate Russell's indifference?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Savannah's first impression of Lionel?
2. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
3. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
4. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
5. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
6. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
7. What does Bernadine do with John's things she finds in the bedroom?
8. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
9. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
10. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
Essay Topic 2
Savannah notices a run in her pantyhose at the New Year's Eve party.
Part 1) What happens to the run as the night progresses?
Part 2) What does this run foreshadow later in the night?
Part 3) What might this run foreshadow later in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria regularly takes blood pressure pills when she is stressed.
Part 1) What is the cause of her stress?
Part 2) To what does the stress lead?
Part 3) Predict what changes she will make in her life to live healthier and with less stress.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)