|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin tell Savannah while they wait for Bernadine and Gloria to arrive?
2. Who is Kenneth Dawkins?
3. What is Savannah Jackson dressing to attend?
4. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
5. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
2. What does Bernadine do with the rest of John's possessions?
3. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
4. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
5. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
6. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
7. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
8. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
9. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
10. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John nonchalantly informs Bernadine that he is leaving her.
Part 1) For whom does he leave Bernadine?
Part 2) Describe John.
Part 3) How is John's business practices a metaphor for how he handles his breakup with Bernadine?
Essay Topic 2
Gloria is a single mother raising her sixteen-year-old son, Tarik.
Part 1) Why is she a single parent? Where is Tarik's father?
Part 2) What upsets Tarik about his mother's behavior when his father comes to visit? Why would she act this way?
Part 3) How does Gloria meet Marvin? Would he make a good father for Tarik? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria regularly takes blood pressure pills when she is stressed.
Part 1) What is the cause of her stress?
Part 2) To what does the stress lead?
Part 3) Predict what changes she will make in her life to live healthier and with less stress.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)