|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Gloria ground Tarik?
2. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
3. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
4. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
5. What is Robin and Michael's first evening date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
2. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
3. What is Black Women on the Move?
4. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
5. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
6. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
7. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
8. What does Gloria want for her son?
9. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
10. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses a metaphor to portray Bernadine's life.
Part 1) What is this metaphor?
Part 2) What does it say about Bernadine's life?
Part 3) How does this affect Bernadine throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
The three main characters are constantly in and out of relationships.
Part 1) Give an example for each character to support this statement.
Part 2) Why do their relationships not work?
Part 3) What advice would you give to them about being in a relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Bernadine's children, John Jr. and Onika, are not very upset about their parents' divorce.
Part 1) How do they react when given the news?
Part 2) Why might be the reasons for the reaction?
Part 3) How does their father include them in his new life? Why are they fine with the changes?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)