|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robin comes to the realization that Michael is a nice, considerate man, but why does she want to end the relationship?
2. What does Bernadine do after kicking the mirror on the door?
3. What is Robin and Michael's first evening date?
4. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
5. Why do Robin and Savannah promise to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernadine do with John's things she finds in the bedroom?
2. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
3. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
4. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
5. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
6. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
7. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
8. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
9. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
10. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tarik's character goes through tremendous growth through the book.
Part 1) Describe Tarik when the reader first meets him.
Part 2) How is Tarik at the end of the book?
Part 3) What events throughout the book lead to this change in his character?
Essay Topic 2
Phillip has left the Oasis due to illness.
Part 1) What illness does he have?
Part 2) Why do the salon's patrons gossip about him?
Part 3) Are people who have the same illness as Phillip gossiped about today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria regularly takes blood pressure pills when she is stressed.
Part 1) What is the cause of her stress?
Part 2) To what does the stress lead?
Part 3) Predict what changes she will make in her life to live healthier and with less stress.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)