|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Savannah meet at a conference?
(a) An ex-boyfriend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Charles Turner.
2. Why do Gloria's clients begin to gossip about Phillip?
(a) They think he should be fired.
(b) He is still out sick.
(c) He makes inappropriate comments at the salon.
(d) He has begun to act strangely at the salon.
3. Why is Savannah headed to Las Vegas?
(a) To attend a TV producers' conference.
(b) To find a new man.
(c) To find a new job.
(d) To look for a home.
4. How does Gloria know her friends have arrived?
(a) She can hear Robin's car pulling up to her house.
(b) Robin is calling her name out the car window.
(c) Savannah calls her from her cell phone.
(d) The music from Robin's car.
5. Why is Bernadine in the mood to celebrate?
(a) Her divorce is final.
(b) She received a pay raise.
(c) Her children are gone for part of the summer.
(d) Her ex-husband has stopped calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is the sweet potato pie?
2. What does Russell do when he finally returns?
3. Who does Savannah suggest that stole Robin's wallet?
4. Why is Gloria depressed?
5. Why does Savannah encourage Gloria to start planning her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernadine learn about James?
2. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
3. What does Robin's mother tell her the attorney advised?
4. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
5. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
6. Describe the conversation between Savannah and her mother, regarding Kenneth.
7. To what does Kenneth reveal to Savannah? How does she react?
8. What do we know about Troy's life?
9. How does Robin end up back with Troy?
10. What is happening with Phillip?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)