|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Savannah return to at home?
(a) Kenneth on her doorstep.
(b) Two voice messages.
(c) An empty home.
(d) A home that has been burglarized.
2. Why does Troy bring his son to Phoenix to live?
(a) So he can get a good education.
(b) To keep him away from his ex-wife.
(c) So he can get to know him better.
(d) To keep him out of trouble.
3. What does Savannah vow?
(a) To never have a boyfriend again.
(b) To leave Phoenix as soon as possible.
(c) To never go back to her old job.
(d) To never be so vulnerable with a man again.
4. What is Savannah eagerly awaiting?
(a) Word about her new job in Las Vegas.
(b) News about her new home.
(c) A pay raise.
(d) Some word from Charles.
5. Why does Robin wish she could provide the finances for her father's care?
(a) She does not want her mother to have to care for her father.
(b) She does not want to see her father in a poorly-run nursing home.
(c) So that her mother would not have to face such an agonizing decision.
(d) She does not want her mother to have to pay for his care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Savannah's mother urge her to do?
2. Why does Robin call Troy?
3. What does Gloria do when she arrives home?
4. Why does Bernadine tell Herbert that she is not interested in a man who will cheat on his wife?
5. Why is Bernadine in the mood to celebrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernadine learn about James?
2. What happens after Gloria collapses on the floor?
3. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
4. Describe Bernadine's troubles with Herbert.
5. How do the girls celebrate Gloria's birthday?
6. How is Gloria feeling?
7. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
8. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
9. How do Russell and Robin end up back together?
10. How is Savannah disappointed with Charles?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)