|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is the sweet potato pie?
(c) The Oasis.
(d) Her new neighbors.
2. About what is Kenneth complimentary?
(a) His own good looks.
(b) Savannah's cooking.
(c) Savannah's appearance and the interior design of her apartment.
(d) His beautiful wife.
3. Why does Savannah decline Kenneth's offer?
(a) She does not want to marry anyone.
(b) She does not want him to move to Phoenix.
(c) Kenneth has not filed for divorce yet.
(d) She does not want to leave Phoenix.
4. Why does Bernadine tell Herbert that she is not interested in a man who will cheat on his wife?
(a) Herbert offers to divorce his wife
(b) Herbert asks to have an affair with her.
(c) Herbert asks to sleep with her.
(d) Herbert says he wants to marry her.
5. Why do Gloria's clients begin to gossip about Phillip?
(a) He has begun to act strangely at the salon.
(b) He is still out sick.
(c) They think he should be fired.
(d) He makes inappropriate comments at the salon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gloria vow to not eat anything too heavy.
2. How is Gloria four days later?
3. What does Gloria learn about her new neighbor?
4. Why does Savannah borrow a cell phone from a stranger?
5. What is Savannah eagerly awaiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Savannah after leaving the restaurant?
2. Why is Gloria pleased with Tarik?
3. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
4. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
5. How does Gloria's birthday party end?
6. What has happened to Phillip?
7. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
8. To what does Kenneth reveal to Savannah? How does she react?
9. What is happening with Phillip?
10. What happens after Gloria collapses on the floor?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)