|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloria think about after Tarik leaves to be with his friends?
(a) Her hopes that Tarik will not get into trouble with the police.
(b) Her hopes that Tarik will behave responsibly and not jeopardize his future by getting a girl pregnant.
(c) Whether or not Tarik will visit his father.
(d) Whether or not Tarik will graduate from high school.
2. Who does Bernadine see at the bar that she knows?
(a) Hannah Wright.
(b) Herbert Webster.
(c) Harold Carrison.
(d) Sarah Hughes.
3. What is Savannah Jackson dressing to attend?
(a) An office party.
(b) A New Year's Eve party.
(c) A Christmas party.
(d) A birthday party.
4. Who hosts the gathering?
(a) A black businessperson's organization.
(b) The Oasis Salon.
(c) A Phoenix family organization.
5. When Savannah arrives at the hotel, what is she surprised to see?
(a) A limosine waiting for her.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) There is a cover charge.
(d) A bouquet of roses with her name on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
2. What about Michael repulses Robin?
3. Why does she decide to see him again?
4. Who is Kenneth Dawkins?
5. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
2. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
3. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
4. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
5. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
6. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
7. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
8. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
9. What has Robin done for Russell?
10. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)