Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
(a) He had been married before.
(b) An extensive network of assets.
(c) He is married again.
(d) He spent all of his money.
2. Why is Bernadine unhappy with her job as a controller for a real estate management company?
(a) The job denies her creative talents and plunges her into even more stress of working full time and taking care of the kids and the house.
(b) The hours are long, and it is a tiring job.
(c) She does not feel adequately trained for the job.
(d) Her employees are shallow and fake.
3. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
(a) A strange woman.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Russell's sister.
(d) Russell's former boss.
4. Why will Philip not be at work for a few days?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He is opening his own salon.
(c) He is going on vacation.
(d) He has personal issues with which to deal.
5. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
(a) His offer to settle out of court with a check for three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) That she will not get much of his money.
(c) That their divorce is inevitable.
(d) His relationship with Kathleen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
2. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
3. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
4. What does Savannah hope the new year will bring?
5. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
2. What does Bernadine do with the rest of John's possessions?
3. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
4. What has happened to Phillip?
5. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
6. What are the circumstances leading up to Bernadine meeting James Wheeler for the first time?
7. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
8. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
9. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
10. What realization does Robin come to, regarding Michael?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)