|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
(a) That their divorce is inevitable.
(b) His relationship with Kathleen.
(c) That she will not get much of his money.
(d) His offer to settle out of court with a check for three hundred thousand dollars.
2. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
(a) Tries hypnosis on her.
(b) Prescribes an antidepressant.
(c) Recommends talk therapy.
(d) Suggests she speak with a pastor.
3. What does Bernadine do after kicking the mirror on the door?
(a) She calls her best friend.
(b) She sits on her bed and cries.
(c) She drives to the Circle K Store to get some cigarettes.
(d) She picks up the broken pieces of glass.
4. What does Savannah resent about the executive world?
(a) It is not as exciting as she had thought it would be.
(b) It is male-dominated and keeps her in a middle management position.
(c) That they do not take responsibility for their actions and put the blame on people such as herself.
(d) How wealthy they are.
5. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
(a) He spent all of his money.
(b) He is married again.
(c) An extensive network of assets.
(d) He had been married before.
Short Answer Questions
1. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
2. From whom does Savannah receive a phone call, inviting her to dinner?
3. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
4. How does Bernadine feel about Herbert repeatedly calling her?
5. Who invites Savannah to the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
2. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
3. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
4. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
5. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
6. What happens to Tarik at school?
7. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
8. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
9. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
10. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)