|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
(a) She is in shock.
(b) The Xanax begins its work.
(c) She is sleepwalking.
(d) The wine is stronger than she initially thought it was.
2. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(c) Staying up late.
3. What does Savannah's brother-in-law do for Savannah?
(a) He buys her a new dress to wear to the party.
(b) He call Leonard for her.
(c) He suggests Savannah go to the party.
(d) He suggests that Savannah call Lionel.
4. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
(a) Stops in at the Oasis and has a makeover with a dramatically short haircut and new makeup.
(b) Stops to buy cigarettes and fill her prescription of Xanax.
(c) Picks up her children from her mother's.
(d) Meets with Savannah.
5. How does Bernadine react to Gloria's suggestion that she find a better job?
(a) With confusion.
(b) With sadness.
(c) With fury.
(d) With insecurity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernadine sideline her own wish to open a catering business?
2. What has John just informed Bernadine?
3. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
4. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
5. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Savannah travel to Phoenix?
2. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
3. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
4. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
5. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
6. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
7. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
8. What happens to Tarik at school?
9. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
10. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)