|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robin and Michael's first evening date?
(a) A gala at an art museum.
(b) A nice dinner downtown.
(c) A movie.
(d) Robin invites Michael to dinner at her apartment.
2. Why does Philip need to be called?
(a) Gloria needs some repair work done on her home.
(b) There is a water leak at the salon.
(c) To let him know that Gloria is running late.
(d) Gloria needs to set up a hair appointment with Philip.
3. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) The number of executive positions.
(b) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
(c) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
(d) Her confidence in herself.
4. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
(a) Her sister who is living with her.
(b) Her thirteen-year-old daughter, Tarik.
(c) Her fifteen-year-old son, Tarik.
(d) Her husband, David.
5. Who hosts the gathering?
(a) A Phoenix family organization.
(b) The Oasis Salon.
(d) A black businessperson's organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Michael repulses Robin?
2. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
3. Why must Savannah travel to Phoenix on her own?
4. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
5. How is Tarik's gang different from the Crips and Bloods?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Savannah travel to Phoenix?
2. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
3. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
4. What is Black Women on the Move?
5. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
6. What happens to Tarik at school?
7. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
8. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
9. What does Bernadine do with John's things she finds in the bedroom?
10. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)