|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does she decide to see him again?
(a) He seems sincere in getting to know her as a real person.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) He is wealthy.
2. What does Bernadine do after locking herself in her bedroom?
(a) She calls her mother.
(b) She examines her face and naked body in a mirror and curses her new single status.
(c) She calls her best friend.
(d) She writes in her journal.
3. For how long does Gloria ground Tarik?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) She does not ground him.
(d) Three days.
4. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
(a) A woman answers the door.
(b) It is much smaller and sparsely furnished than she had been led to believe.
(c) It has a for sale sign in front of it.
(d) It is larger than she had expected.
5. How is Tarik's gang different from the Crips and Bloods?
(a) They do not do violent or negative activities.
(b) They wear different colors.
(c) They do not recruit in school.
(d) They do not kill other people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
2. What is Savannah Jackson dressing to attend?
3. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
4. What does she tell her mother is the reason for leaving the children there?
5. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robin discover about Troy and his friends?
2. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
3. How does Gloria's birthday party end?
4. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
5. How does Gloria become a single mother?
6. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
7. Why must Savannah contact the government about her parents' food stamps?
8. What takes place at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
9. What do we know about Troy's life?
10. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)