|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savannah hope the new year will bring?
(a) New and exciting experiences to reminisce the rest of her life.
(b) New friends in Phoenix.
(c) A career that she can enjoy and do until retirement.
(d) A man she can love, and who will love her completely in return.
2. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Call her back.
(b) Leave her apartment.
(c) Commit to marriage.
(d) Pay his rent.
3. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Antonio.
(d) Las Vegas.
4. Why is Tarik outraged?
(a) He is expelled for no reason.
(b) He and his friends' First Amendment rights have been violated.
(c) HIs friends have left him to deal with the authorities.
(d) His mother does not believe him.
5. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
(a) Forty thousand dollars.
(b) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Eight hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Four million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
2. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
3. Who is Kenneth Dawkins?
4. Why does Philip need to be called?
5. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
2. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
3. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
4. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
5. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
6. What realization does Robin come to, regarding Michael?
7. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
8. What happens to Tarik at school?
9. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
10. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)