|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
(a) Tarik's acknowledgement that he is in a relationship.
(b) Her evening with Tarik's father.
(c) The For Sale sign at the house across the street.
(d) Her schedule of things to do.
2. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) Her confidence in herself.
(b) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
(c) The number of executive positions.
(d) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
3. Why do Savannah's mother and sister, Sheila, worry about Savannah still being unmarried?
(a) She is 36 years old.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is the only one left unmarried.
(d) She is lonely.
4. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
(a) That she will not get much of his money.
(b) That their divorce is inevitable.
(c) His offer to settle out of court with a check for three hundred thousand dollars.
(d) His relationship with Kathleen.
5. What is Gloria shocked to find?
(a) Tarik has joined the Bloods gang.
(b) Tarik has been expelled from school for being in a gang.
(c) Tarik's girlfriend is pregnant.
(d) Tarik has dropped out of school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
2. What does Savannah's brother-in-law do for Savannah?
3. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
4. Where does Bernadine take her children?
5. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
2. What is Black Women on the Move?
3. Why is John's decision not too surprising?
4. What has Robin done for Russell?
5. What realization does Robin come to, regarding Michael?
6. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
7. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
8. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
9. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
10. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)