|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
(a) Drenches the clothing and the car in lighter fluid, throws a match inside the car.
(b) Puts them out on the street for sale.
(c) Puts them in the garage.
(d) Drives the car and the clothes in the river.
2. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes?
(a) Dumps them into John's BMW.
(b) Folds them and puts them in a suitcase.
(c) Calls John to come pick them up.
(d) Throws them in the trash.
3. When they reach Phoenix, Savannah drives to a travel agency to purchase an airline ticket for Lionel's return to Denver. For what does Lionel ask?
(a) To come back to Denver with him.
(b) To ride in first class.
(c) The cash she would have expended on a ticket.
(d) To have a train ticket instead.
4. Where does Bernadine discover that John has been devious in his financial matters that will impact the scope of the divorce settlement?
(a) During her first meeting with her divorce attorney.
(b) When she speaks with John's mother.
(c) At a meeting with John.
(d) In the divorce hearing.
5. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Call her back.
(b) Pay his rent.
(c) Commit to marriage.
(d) Leave her apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernadine sideline her own wish to open a catering business?
2. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
3. What does Savannah resent about the executive world?
4. By what is Bernadine outraged?
5. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
2. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
3. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
4. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
5. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
6. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
7. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
8. What is Black Women on the Move?
9. What does Bernadine do with John's things she finds in the bedroom?
10. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)