|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
(a) The time her high school sweetheart broke up with her.
(b) The time her father moved out.
(c) The time she almost drowned years ago while swimming with a friend.
(d) The time she moved from her childhood home.
2. What is Robin's reason for waking Michael one morning?
(a) He has to get up early for work.
(b) She wants to make him breakfast in bed.
(c) She wants to tell him she loves him.
(d) She plans on telling him she does no longer wants to see him.
3. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
(a) Robin is her favorite child.
(b) It reminds her of when Robin was a child and would come home from a day of playing with friends.
(c) She is very lonely and living by herself.
(d) Robin's father has Alzheimer's disease and it is hard to watch his capacities diminish.
4. What does Bernadine do after locking herself in her bedroom?
(a) She calls her best friend.
(b) She examines her face and naked body in a mirror and curses her new single status.
(c) She calls her mother.
(d) She writes in her journal.
5. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
(a) He has never been there before.
(b) He wants to spend time with Savannah.
(c) He enjoys road trips.
(d) He wants to get out of Denver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
2. What does Gloria do before donning a robe and going downstairs?
3. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
4. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
5. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
2. What does Bernadine learn about James?
3. How does Gloria become a single mother?
4. What realization does Robin come to, regarding Michael?
5. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
6. Describe the conversation between Savannah and her mother, regarding Kenneth.
7. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
8. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
9. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
10. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)