|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Savannah receive a phone call, inviting her to dinner?
(c) Her brother.
2. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
(a) Her thirteen-year-old daughter, Tarik.
(b) Her fifteen-year-old son, Tarik.
(c) Her husband, David.
(d) Her sister who is living with her.
3. For what does Savannah long?
(a) A real man in her life.
(b) New friends.
(c) A better job.
(d) More excitement in her life.
4. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
(a) Mildly suspicious.
5. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
(a) At lunch in a restaurant.
(b) At work.
(c) At Gloria's home.
(d) In the mall's food court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gloria learn about Desiree?
2. Who invites Savannah to the party?
3. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
4. What does Bernadine take to calm her nerves?
5. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernadine do with the rest of John's possessions?
2. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
3. What do Savannah and Robin discuss in the steam room?
4. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
5. How does Gloria become a single mother?
6. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
7. What is Black Women on the Move?
8. What has Robin done for Russell?
9. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
10. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)