|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
(b) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
(c) The number of executive positions.
(d) Her confidence in herself.
2. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
(a) His relationship with Kathleen.
(b) That she will not get much of his money.
(c) That their divorce is inevitable.
(d) His offer to settle out of court with a check for three hundred thousand dollars.
3. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
(a) His new girlfriend and his responsibilities as a man.
(b) Colleges he is considering attending.
(c) His father moving in with them.
(d) His slipping grades and the need for him to begin to consider some career options.
4. By what is Bernadine outraged?
(a) John making decisions without discussing them with her.
(b) John's nonchalance at the destruction of their life.
(c) John's thoughtlessness towards her needs.
(d) John moving the family without consulting her.
5. What does Gloria learn about Desiree?
(a) She is sick again.
(b) She has bought a home.
(c) She has quit.
(d) She is late once again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
2. What does Savannah hope the new year will bring?
3. What is Robin's reason for waking Michael one morning?
4. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
5. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
2. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
3. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
4. What does Bernadine do with the rest of John's possessions?
5. What realization does Robin come to, regarding Michael?
6. Why does Tarik not want his father to visit?
7. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
8. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
9. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
10. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)