|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Savannah's first impression is one of being pleasantly surprised?
(a) The party is serving her favorite hors d'Å“uvre.
(b) The party is beautiful.
(c) Not many blind dates turn out being as handsome as Lionel is.
(d) The band playing is very good.
2. Why does Bernadine sideline her own wish to open a catering business?
(a) John never feels that the time is right to take the risk.
(b) She becomes pregnant with John's two children and did not have time to start up her business.
(c) She does not have the training to run a catering business.
(d) John thinks she would be better in real estate.
3. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
(a) An extensive network of assets.
(b) He is married again.
(c) He had been married before.
(d) He spent all of his money.
4. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
(a) Stops in at the Oasis and has a makeover with a dramatically short haircut and new makeup.
(b) Meets with Savannah.
(c) Stops to buy cigarettes and fill her prescription of Xanax.
(d) Picks up her children from her mother's.
5. What does Savannah's brother-in-law do for Savannah?
(a) He buys her a new dress to wear to the party.
(b) He suggests Savannah go to the party.
(c) He call Leonard for her.
(d) He suggests that Savannah call Lionel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gloria tell Savannah about an organization called Black Women on the Move?
2. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
3. What is Gloria shocked to find?
4. Why is Robin worried about hurting Michael's feelings?
5. Who hosts the gathering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
2. Describe John Jr. and Onika's weekend with their father.
3. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
4. How is Gloria feeling?
5. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
6. What does Bernadine learn about James?
7. How does Gloria become a single mother?
8. What happens to Robin's father?
9. How is Gloria feeling?
10. What does Bernadine do with the rest of John's possessions?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)