|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
(a) He has been wanting a new career but did not want to disrupt his family life.
(b) He has always been a kind man who treated his wife like a queen.
(c) He has been a womanizer who believes women are subordinate to men.
(d) He attempts to achieve the life enjoyed by successful white men like Donald Trump.
2. For how long does Gloria ground Tarik?
(a) She does not ground him.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
(a) Recommends talk therapy.
(b) Tries hypnosis on her.
(c) Suggests she speak with a pastor.
(d) Prescribes an antidepressant.
4. What is Gloria shocked to find?
(a) Tarik has been expelled from school for being in a gang.
(b) Tarik's girlfriend is pregnant.
(c) Tarik has dropped out of school.
(d) Tarik has joined the Bloods gang.
5. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(b) Staying up late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
2. What does Robin do when the tires on her car are slit one day?
3. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
4. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
5. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
2. How is John causing Bernadine more stress?
3. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
4. Why is Savannah moving to Phoenix?
5. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
6. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
7. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
8. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria meet? Who organizes this event?
9. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
10. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)