|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
(a) He is recently divorced.
(b) She does not know much about him.
(c) She just got out of a bad relationship.
(d) He is not handsome like the men she had always dated in the past.
2. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
(a) Her schedule of things to do.
(b) Tarik's acknowledgement that he is in a relationship.
(c) Her evening with Tarik's father.
(d) The For Sale sign at the house across the street.
3. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
(a) His father moving in with them.
(b) His new girlfriend and his responsibilities as a man.
(c) Colleges he is considering attending.
(d) His slipping grades and the need for him to begin to consider some career options.
4. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(d) Staying up late.
5. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
(a) She is in shock.
(b) She is sleepwalking.
(c) The wine is stronger than she initially thought it was.
(d) The Xanax begins its work.
Short Answer Questions
1. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
2. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
3. Why does Robin tolerate Russell's indifference?
4. What does Gloria learn about Desiree?
5. Why is Robin worried about hurting Michael's feelings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
2. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
3. What does Gloria discover about Tarik? How does she handle the situation?
4. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
5. What have John's goals done to Bernadine?
6. Why does Robin tolerate Russell?
7. How has Bernadine's stress level increased?
8. How does Bernadine cope with the news from the divorce lawyer?
9. What does Bernadine do after hearing John's news?
10. With whom does Savannah travel to Phoenix?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)