|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts the gathering?
(b) A black businessperson's organization.
(c) The Oasis Salon.
(d) A Phoenix family organization.
2. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(b) Staying up late.
3. When Savannah arrives at the hotel, what is she surprised to see?
(a) A limosine waiting for her.
(b) There is a cover charge.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend.
(d) A bouquet of roses with her name on them.
4. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Call her back.
(b) Leave her apartment.
(c) Commit to marriage.
(d) Pay his rent.
5. How does Bernadine react to Gloria's suggestion that she find a better job?
(a) With fury.
(b) With confusion.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With insecurity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Savannah's first impression is one of being pleasantly surprised?
2. How does Savannah feel about meeting Lionel?
3. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
4. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
5. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Savannah learn about Lionel on the trip?
2. What does Savannah think of herself, when she looks in the mirror?
3. How does Bernadine react to John's news?
4. How does Savannah end up meeting Lionel at the New Year's Eve party?
5. Describe Michael's treatment of Robin.
6. What does Bernadine do with the rest of John's possessions?
7. What is Savannah's first impression of Lionel?
8. What does Bernadine first learn about John's assets?
9. What is Savannah's mother's suggestion regarding Kenneth?
10. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)