|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Troy bring his son to Phoenix to live?
(a) So he can get a good education.
(b) To keep him away from his ex-wife.
(c) To keep him out of trouble.
(d) So he can get to know him better.
2. Why does Bernadine leave the Scottsdale Princess resort?
(a) The decor is very tacky.
(b) Her meal was not adequate.
(c) The atmosphere in the restaurant is too sedate for Bernadine's mood.
(d) She had not realized how expensive it was.
3. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
(a) He is very egotistical.
(b) He had been in love with her when they dated.
(c) He only wants to sleep with her.
(d) He is annoying and rude.
4. Who does Savannah meet at a conference?
(a) Her father.
(b) An ex-boyfriend.
(c) Charles Turner.
5. What does Robin offer to do to support her family?
(a) To drive to Tucson and spend next week with her parents.
(b) Pay for her father's nursing home.
(c) Help her mother apply for assistance.
(d) Find a new lawyer.
6. Why does Savannah's mother call her early one morning?
(a) To tell her to have a good day.
(b) To say her father has taken a turn for the worse.
(c) Requesting that Savannah write another letter to the food stamp people.
(d) Requesting a visit from her.
7. Why is Gloria depressed?
(a) Tarik is gone for the weekend.
(b) It is her birthday.
(c) She loses three stylists at the Oasis.
(d) She is alone.
8. What does Savannah advise Bernadine to do?
(a) Go to James' wife's funeral.
(b) Not to wait too long to get James into her life.
(c) Spend more time with her children.
(d) Forget James.
9. What are Gloria's three best friends and Marvin awaiting?
(a) Her son Tarik.
(b) News of her recovery.
(c) More information from the doctor.
(d) Her arrival in the progressive care unit.
10. What happens at the meeting of the Black Women on the Move?
(a) The organization's president shares the disappointing financial situation of the group.
(b) They vote on the location for the annual Sisters' Nite Out.
(c) Bernadine had run for president and is officially elected and sworn into office.
(d) The organization's president shares the exciting news that the group is expanding into nearby Scottsdale.
11. What is wrong with Philip?
(a) He is upset with his boyfriend.
(b) He has quit working at the salon.
(c) He has shingles.
(d) He was in a car accident.
12. For whom is the sweet potato pie?
(a) Her new neighbors.
(c) The Oasis.
13. Why does Gloria vow to not eat anything too heavy.
(a) She is not very hungry.
(b) She does not want to gain weight.
(c) She is watching her cholesterol.
(d) She feels another bout of heartburn.
14. What does Robin not admit about her missing wallet?
(a) That everything was missing from it.
(b) Everything but the money was still there.
(c) She was hoping to be able to buy a new one.
(d) That Troy had robbed her.
15. What does Kenneth ask Savannah to do?
(a) Meet him in Palm Springs in a couple weeks.
(b) Find him a home in Phoenix.
(c) Move to Boston.
(d) Marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
2. Why does Savannah borrow a cell phone from a stranger?
3. What decision is made at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
4. Where does Robin find her wallet?
5. What pleases Gloria when she returns home?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)