|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloria do when she arrives home?
(a) She changes into a swimsuit and jumps into her backyard pool.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Puts on her pajamas and watches a movie.
(d) She goes straight to bed.
2. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
(a) His wife is getting annoyed.
(b) He does not want to talk to her.
(c) His phone bill is too high.
(d) He is getting a new phone number.
3. Why does Robin wish she could provide the finances for her father's care?
(a) She does not want her mother to have to care for her father.
(b) So that her mother would not have to face such an agonizing decision.
(c) She does not want to see her father in a poorly-run nursing home.
(d) She does not want her mother to have to pay for his care.
4. Why does Troy bring his son to Phoenix to live?
(a) So he can get to know him better.
(b) So he can get a good education.
(c) To keep him away from his ex-wife.
(d) To keep him out of trouble.
5. What happens to all the women?
(a) They go out to dinner.
(b) They go out dancing.
(c) They pass out in Gloria's living room.
(d) They have a wonderful celebration and then head home.
6. What are Gloria's three best friends and Marvin awaiting?
(a) Her arrival in the progressive care unit.
(b) Her son Tarik.
(c) News of her recovery.
(d) More information from the doctor.
7. Why does Bernadine leave the Scottsdale Princess resort?
(a) The atmosphere in the restaurant is too sedate for Bernadine's mood.
(b) Her meal was not adequate.
(c) The decor is very tacky.
(d) She had not realized how expensive it was.
8. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
(a) He is annoying and rude.
(b) He had been in love with her when they dated.
(c) He is very egotistical.
(d) He only wants to sleep with her.
9. What does Robin offer to do to support her family?
(a) Help her mother apply for assistance.
(b) Pay for her father's nursing home.
(c) To drive to Tucson and spend next week with her parents.
(d) Find a new lawyer.
10. Kenneth leaves Savannah's apartment. When does he return?
(b) The next morning.
(c) Five minutes later.
(d) Later that evening.
11. What happens soon after Savannah leaves the restaurant?
(a) Her car dies in traffic.
(b) Gloria calls her.
(c) She remembers she forgot to pay the bill at the restaurant.
(d) She receives a call from Kenneth.
12. What does Savannah vow?
(a) To never have a boyfriend again.
(b) To never be so vulnerable with a man again.
(c) To leave Phoenix as soon as possible.
(d) To never go back to her old job.
13. Why does Gloria vow to not eat anything too heavy.
(a) She is watching her cholesterol.
(b) She feels another bout of heartburn.
(c) She is not very hungry.
(d) She does not want to gain weight.
14. What does Gloria not mention to her friends?
(a) She does not like to celebrate her birthday.
(b) Her blood pressure is dangerously high.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) Three stylists left the Oasis.
15. What does Robin not admit about her missing wallet?
(a) She was hoping to be able to buy a new one.
(b) That Troy had robbed her.
(c) That everything was missing from it.
(d) Everything but the money was still there.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Robin surprised when she calls Michael's home?
2. What do Savannah, Robin, Gloria, and Bernadine agree to host at some later time?
3. For whom is the sweet potato pie?
4. How does Gloria know her friends have arrived?
5. Why does Bernadine tell Herbert that she is not interested in a man who will cheat on his wife?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)