|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
(a) His wife is getting annoyed.
(b) His phone bill is too high.
(c) He does not want to talk to her.
(d) He is getting a new phone number.
2. Who does Bernadine think about while she lays in bed?
(b) Her children.
3. What does Savannah's mother urge her to do?
(a) Forget about Kenneth.
(b) Let Kenneth back into her life.
(c) Find a husband.
(d) Get a new job.
4. What happens soon after Savannah leaves the restaurant?
(a) She receives a call from Kenneth.
(b) She remembers she forgot to pay the bill at the restaurant.
(c) Gloria calls her.
(d) Her car dies in traffic.
5. Why does James give Bernadine his phone number?
(a) He wants to be her friend.
(b) So she can attend his wife's funeral.
(c) He is interested in exploring a relationship with her.
(d) In case she ever needs to contact him.
6. Why does Robin call Troy?
(a) She wants to meet him for dinner.
(b) She wants to ask a favor of him.
(c) She likes him more than Michael.
(d) She does not want to be alone tonight.
7. Why do Gloria's clients begin to gossip about Phillip?
(a) He makes inappropriate comments at the salon.
(b) He is still out sick.
(c) They think he should be fired.
(d) He has begun to act strangely at the salon.
8. Who does Bernadine meet at the Ritz-Carlton bar?
(a) James Wright.
(b) James Carter.
(c) James Wheeler.
(d) James Dean.
9. How does Gloria feel regarding the other women?
(a) Less fortunate.
(b) More depressed.
(d) More mature.
10. What does Robin offer to do to support her family?
(a) Pay for her father's nursing home.
(b) Help her mother apply for assistance.
(c) Find a new lawyer.
(d) To drive to Tucson and spend next week with her parents.
11. Why does Savannah's mother call her early one morning?
(a) Requesting a visit from her.
(b) To say her father has taken a turn for the worse.
(c) Requesting that Savannah write another letter to the food stamp people.
(d) To tell her to have a good day.
12. Why does Troy claim that the drugs do not interfere with his life?
(a) He uses them for purely recreational reasons.
(b) He can function normally after using drugs.
(c) He uses them often but in small doses.
(d) He has done drugs for a couple of decades and is immune to their effects.
13. What is wrong with Philip?
(a) He is upset with his boyfriend.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He has shingles.
(d) He has quit working at the salon.
14. What does Kenneth reveal to Savannah?
(a) He only came to Phoenix to sleep with her.
(b) He's thinking about moving to Phoenix.
(c) He loves his wife.
(d) He is thinking about divorcing his wife.
15. Why do Savannah's friends not seem interested to hear about her trip to Las Vegas?
(a) They are all sick with food poisoning.
(b) Because of their own relationship situations.
(c) Because they are jealous.
(d) There is a crisis while she is away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do John Jr. and Onika spend a month of their summer vacation?
2. What does Savannah advise Bernadine to do?
3. For whom is the sweet potato pie?
4. Where does Robin find her wallet?
5. How do Savannah, Bernadine and Robin plan to celebrate Gloria's birthday?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)