|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloria not mention to her friends?
(a) She is depressed.
(b) She does not like to celebrate her birthday.
(c) Three stylists left the Oasis.
(d) Her blood pressure is dangerously high.
2. Who does Bernadine think about while she lays in bed?
(b) Her children.
3. Why is Bernadine in the mood to celebrate?
(a) Her ex-husband has stopped calling.
(b) Her children are gone for part of the summer.
(c) Her divorce is final.
(d) She received a pay raise.
4. How do Savannah, Bernadine and Robin plan to celebrate Gloria's birthday?
(a) By going out dancing.
(b) By taking her on a surprise trip.
(c) By taking her out to dinner.
(d) By taking champagne and gifts to her house.
5. What does Tarik tell his mother that he wants to do?
(a) Join the Up With People music organization.
(b) Join the Peace Corps.
(c) Study music in college.
(d) Go to college.
6. Why does Bernadine leave the Scottsdale Princess resort?
(a) She had not realized how expensive it was.
(b) Her meal was not adequate.
(c) The decor is very tacky.
(d) The atmosphere in the restaurant is too sedate for Bernadine's mood.
7. What does Robin not admit about her missing wallet?
(a) That Troy had robbed her.
(b) Everything but the money was still there.
(c) She was hoping to be able to buy a new one.
(d) That everything was missing from it.
8. What happens when Robin calls Troy's house to tell him she cannot come to dinner that night?
(a) His mother answers.
(b) Troy convinces her to give him another chance.
(c) Troy's son answers, excited to meet her.
(d) Troy forces her to come over.
9. Why is Robin not pleased when Russell finally returns?
(a) He is moving in permanently with Robin.
(b) The divorce plans are not proceeding with any certainty.
(c) He has decided to move back home.
(d) His wife apologized.
10. How does Gloria know her friends have arrived?
(a) The music from Robin's car.
(b) She can hear Robin's car pulling up to her house.
(c) Robin is calling her name out the car window.
(d) Savannah calls her from her cell phone.
11. Why is Savannah headed to Las Vegas?
(a) To find a new job.
(b) To look for a home.
(c) To find a new man.
(d) To attend a TV producers' conference.
12. Why is Gloria in the hospital?
(a) She is having a baby.
(b) She has had a massive heart attack.
(c) She is visiting a friend.
(d) She is having a hysterectomy.
13. From where are John Jr. and Onika returning?
(a) Summer camp.
(b) A friend's home.
(c) Spending the weekend with their father.
14. What decision is made at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
(a) Bernadine is sworn in as president.
(b) Where they will hold their next meeting.
(c) The annual Sisters' Nite Out is cancelled.
(d) They vote on the location of the Sisters' Nite Out.
15. Why does Troy bring his son to Phoenix to live?
(a) To keep him out of trouble.
(b) So he can get a good education.
(c) To keep him away from his ex-wife.
(d) So he can get to know him better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin offer to do to support her family?
2. Why does Savannah's mother call her early one morning?
3. Why does Savannah encourage Gloria to start planning her life?
4. To what do the members of Black Women on the Move maintain support?
5. Why does Savannah forget to get the oil changed in her car and is chain-smoking all morning?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)