|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gloria vow to not eat anything too heavy.
(a) She feels another bout of heartburn.
(b) She is not very hungry.
(c) She is watching her cholesterol.
(d) She does not want to gain weight.
2. What does Tarik tell his mother that he wants to do?
(a) Join the Up With People music organization.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Study music in college.
(d) Join the Peace Corps.
3. Why is Gloria in the hospital?
(a) She is visiting a friend.
(b) She has had a massive heart attack.
(c) She is having a baby.
(d) She is having a hysterectomy.
4. What is wrong with Philip?
(a) He has quit working at the salon.
(b) He has shingles.
(c) He was in a car accident.
(d) He is upset with his boyfriend.
5. What does Bernadine learn about Kathleen?
(a) She is leaving John.
(b) She is adopting Bernadine's children.
(c) She wants to apologize to Bernadine.
(d) She is pregnant.
6. What does Russell do after his wife, Carolyn, kicks him out of the house?
(a) He goes to a hotel.
(b) He meets with a lawyer.
(c) He returns to Robin.
(d) He begs for forgiveness.
7. What has happened to James' wife?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has succumbed to cancer.
(c) She is divorcing him.
(d) She has moved out.
8. What happens when Robin agrees to have dinner with Michael on Friday night?
(a) He brings his female house guest.
(b) Michael calls and cancels at the last minute.
(c) She gets into a car accident.
(d) He does not show up.
9. Who does Savannah meet at a conference?
(a) Charles Turner.
(c) An ex-boyfriend.
(d) Her father.
10. How is Gloria four days later?
(a) The same.
(b) Much improved.
(c) Somewhat better.
11. How does Gloria know her friends have arrived?
(a) Savannah calls her from her cell phone.
(b) The music from Robin's car.
(c) Robin is calling her name out the car window.
(d) She can hear Robin's car pulling up to her house.
12. What pleases Gloria when she returns home?
(a) Tarik has cleaned the house.
(b) Tarik is practicing his saxophone.
(c) Tarik is studying.
(d) Tarik is making dinner.
13. Why does Savannah decline Kenneth's offer?
(a) She does not want to marry anyone.
(b) She does not want to leave Phoenix.
(c) Kenneth has not filed for divorce yet.
(d) She does not want him to move to Phoenix.
14. What happens to all the women?
(a) They go out to dinner.
(b) They have a wonderful celebration and then head home.
(c) They pass out in Gloria's living room.
(d) They go out dancing.
15. How does Robin feel about the group of men smoking marijuana joints and crack cocaine?
(a) Anxious to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Robin not pleased when Russell finally returns?
2. Why does Savannah borrow a cell phone from a stranger?
3. What does Kenneth ask Savannah to do?
4. To what do the members of Black Women on the Move maintain support?
5. What do Savannah, Robin, Gloria, and Bernadine agree to host at some later time?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)