|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Robin calls Troy's house to tell him she cannot come to dinner that night?
(a) His mother answers.
(b) Troy forces her to come over.
(c) Troy convinces her to give him another chance.
(d) Troy's son answers, excited to meet her.
2. Why does Robin call Troy?
(a) She likes him more than Michael.
(b) She does not want to be alone tonight.
(c) She wants to ask a favor of him.
(d) She wants to meet him for dinner.
3. Why does Savannah's mother call her early one morning?
(a) To say her father has taken a turn for the worse.
(b) Requesting that Savannah write another letter to the food stamp people.
(c) To tell her to have a good day.
(d) Requesting a visit from her.
4. What happens soon after Savannah leaves the restaurant?
(a) Her car dies in traffic.
(b) Gloria calls her.
(c) She remembers she forgot to pay the bill at the restaurant.
(d) She receives a call from Kenneth.
5. What does Kenneth reveal to Savannah?
(a) He loves his wife.
(b) He's thinking about moving to Phoenix.
(c) He is thinking about divorcing his wife.
(d) He only came to Phoenix to sleep with her.
6. Why does Gloria vow to not eat anything too heavy.
(a) She is watching her cholesterol.
(b) She is not very hungry.
(c) She does not want to gain weight.
(d) She feels another bout of heartburn.
7. Why is Bernadine in the mood to celebrate?
(a) She received a pay raise.
(b) Her children are gone for part of the summer.
(c) Her ex-husband has stopped calling.
(d) Her divorce is final.
8. What does Kenneth ask Savannah to do?
(a) Meet him in Palm Springs in a couple weeks.
(b) Find him a home in Phoenix.
(c) Move to Boston.
(d) Marry him.
9. How is Gloria feeling?
(d) Her chest still hurts.
10. Why does Savannah borrow a cell phone from a stranger?
(a) To call her mother.
(b) To call AAA for assistance.
(c) To call Kenneth.
(d) To call Gloria.
11. What pleases Gloria when she returns home?
(a) Tarik has cleaned the house.
(b) Tarik is studying.
(c) Tarik is practicing his saxophone.
(d) Tarik is making dinner.
12. What decision is made at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
(a) Where they will hold their next meeting.
(b) They vote on the location of the Sisters' Nite Out.
(c) The annual Sisters' Nite Out is cancelled.
(d) Bernadine is sworn in as president.
13. What does Tarik tell his mother that he wants to do?
(a) Join the Peace Corps.
(b) Study music in college.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Join the Up With People music organization.
14. How is the medication affecting her?
(a) It is making her fall asleep.
(b) It makes her angry.
(c) It makes her anxious.
(d) It gives her energy.
15. What wakes Gloria early one morning?
(a) A big moving van.
(b) A piercing crash.
(d) Construction work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin offer to do to support her family?
2. How does Herbert react when Bernadine tells him she does not want to see him?
3. Why does James give Bernadine his phone number?
4. To what does Savannah return to at home?
5. What does Gloria do when she arrives home?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)