|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloria do when she arrives home?
(a) She changes into a swimsuit and jumps into her backyard pool.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) She goes straight to bed.
(d) Puts on her pajamas and watches a movie.
2. Where do John Jr. and Onika spend a month of their summer vacation?
(a) With their father.
(b) A summer camp.
(c) In Europe.
(d) With their grandmother.
3. Why does Savannah's mother call her early one morning?
(a) To tell her to have a good day.
(b) Requesting a visit from her.
(c) Requesting that Savannah write another letter to the food stamp people.
(d) To say her father has taken a turn for the worse.
4. Why does Savannah encourage Gloria to start planning her life?
(a) Tarik will be leaving home soon.
(b) So she will be happier.
(c) She is not getting any younger.
(d) So she can afford her salon.
5. What happens at the meeting of the Black Women on the Move?
(a) They vote on the location for the annual Sisters' Nite Out.
(b) Bernadine had run for president and is officially elected and sworn into office.
(c) The organization's president shares the disappointing financial situation of the group.
(d) The organization's president shares the exciting news that the group is expanding into nearby Scottsdale.
6. When Kenneth does arrive this evening, what does Savannah realize about him?
(a) He is not as attractive as he had been years ago.
(b) He loves his family very much.
(c) He is still extremely handsome and charming.
(d) He has a large ego and talks only of himself.
7. About what is Robin surprised when she calls Michael's home?
(a) The phone is disconnected.
(b) A child answers the phone.
(c) A woman answers the phone.
(d) It is the wrong number.
8. Why does Savannah decline Kenneth's offer?
(a) She does not want to marry anyone.
(b) Kenneth has not filed for divorce yet.
(c) She does not want him to move to Phoenix.
(d) She does not want to leave Phoenix.
9. What does Phillip admit to Gloria?
(a) He has been HIV positive for three years
(b) He is not returning to the salon.
(c) He is embarrassed to return to Oasis.
(d) He is in love with her.
10. What phone messages is Robin deleting?
(a) Those from Troy and Michael.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A creditor.
11. Why do Savannah's friends not seem interested to hear about her trip to Las Vegas?
(a) They are all sick with food poisoning.
(b) Because of their own relationship situations.
(c) Because they are jealous.
(d) There is a crisis while she is away.
12. What is wrong with Philip?
(a) He has shingles.
(b) He is upset with his boyfriend.
(c) He has quit working at the salon.
(d) He was in a car accident.
13. From where are John Jr. and Onika returning?
(a) A friend's home.
(b) Summer camp.
(c) Spending the weekend with their father.
14. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
(a) His wife is getting annoyed.
(b) He does not want to talk to her.
(c) His phone bill is too high.
(d) He is getting a new phone number.
15. What wakes Gloria early one morning?
(b) A big moving van.
(c) Construction work.
(d) A piercing crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Savannah postpone her haircut?
2. What does Kenneth reveal to Savannah?
3. What happens soon after Savannah leaves the restaurant?
4. What does Savannah advise Bernadine to do?
5. What does Savannah's mother urge her to do?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)