|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bernadine meet at the Ritz-Carlton bar?
(a) James Wheeler.
(b) James Wright.
(c) James Dean.
(d) James Carter.
2. What happens when Robin agrees to have dinner with Michael on Friday night?
(a) She gets into a car accident.
(b) Michael calls and cancels at the last minute.
(c) He brings his female house guest.
(d) He does not show up.
3. What are Gloria's three best friends and Marvin awaiting?
(a) Her arrival in the progressive care unit.
(b) More information from the doctor.
(c) News of her recovery.
(d) Her son Tarik.
4. What does Tarik tell his mother that he wants to do?
(a) Join the Up With People music organization.
(b) Join the Peace Corps.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Study music in college.
5. How does Robin feel about the group of men smoking marijuana joints and crack cocaine?
(c) Anxious to leave.
6. Who does Savannah meet at a conference?
(b) An ex-boyfriend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Charles Turner.
7. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
(a) He does not want to talk to her.
(b) His phone bill is too high.
(c) He is getting a new phone number.
(d) His wife is getting annoyed.
8. Why does Gloria vow to not eat anything too heavy.
(a) She is watching her cholesterol.
(b) She feels another bout of heartburn.
(c) She is not very hungry.
(d) She does not want to gain weight.
9. Why does Savannah forget to get the oil changed in her car and is chain-smoking all morning?
(a) She is worried about Bernadine.
(b) She is so nervous anticipating Kenneth's arrival.
(c) She did not get enough sleep.
(d) She is wondering about Troy and Robin.
10. What happens at the meeting of the Black Women on the Move?
(a) Bernadine had run for president and is officially elected and sworn into office.
(b) The organization's president shares the disappointing financial situation of the group.
(c) The organization's president shares the exciting news that the group is expanding into nearby Scottsdale.
(d) They vote on the location for the annual Sisters' Nite Out.
11. Why is Gloria depressed?
(a) Tarik is gone for the weekend.
(b) It is her birthday.
(c) She is alone.
(d) She loses three stylists at the Oasis.
12. Why is Bernadine in the mood to celebrate?
(a) She received a pay raise.
(b) Her divorce is final.
(c) Her children are gone for part of the summer.
(d) Her ex-husband has stopped calling.
13. Why does Savannah encourage Gloria to start planning her life?
(a) Tarik will be leaving home soon.
(b) So she can afford her salon.
(c) She is not getting any younger.
(d) So she will be happier.
14. Why does Robin call Troy?
(a) She likes him more than Michael.
(b) She does not want to be alone tonight.
(c) She wants to ask a favor of him.
(d) She wants to meet him for dinner.
15. About what is Robin surprised when she calls Michael's home?
(a) A child answers the phone.
(b) The phone is disconnected.
(c) It is the wrong number.
(d) A woman answers the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kenneth leaves Savannah's apartment. When does he return?
2. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
3. What decision is made at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
4. Why does Savannah's mother call her early one morning?
5. Why does Savannah borrow a cell phone from a stranger?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)