|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision is made at the Black Women on the Move meeting?
(a) Bernadine is sworn in as president.
(b) They vote on the location of the Sisters' Nite Out.
(c) The annual Sisters' Nite Out is cancelled.
(d) Where they will hold their next meeting.
2. What does Gloria do when she arrives home?
(a) Puts on her pajamas and watches a movie.
(b) She goes straight to bed.
(c) She changes into a swimsuit and jumps into her backyard pool.
(d) Takes a shower.
3. What does Gloria learn about her new neighbor?
(a) He loves pie.
(b) He is a widower with no children.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is married with two grown children.
4. Who does Savannah suggest that stole Robin's wallet?
(a) Troy's son.
5. What has happened to James' wife?
(a) She is divorcing him.
(b) She has succumbed to cancer.
(c) She has moved out.
(d) She is pregnant.
6. About what is Robin surprised when she calls Michael's home?
(a) It is the wrong number.
(b) A woman answers the phone.
(c) The phone is disconnected.
(d) A child answers the phone.
7. What does Tarik tell his mother that he wants to do?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Study music in college.
(c) Join the Peace Corps.
(d) Join the Up With People music organization.
8. What does Gloria not mention to her friends?
(a) She does not like to celebrate her birthday.
(b) Her blood pressure is dangerously high.
(c) She is depressed.
(d) Three stylists left the Oasis.
9. What does Kenneth ask Savannah to do?
(a) Move to Boston.
(b) Meet him in Palm Springs in a couple weeks.
(c) Find him a home in Phoenix.
(d) Marry him.
10. Who does Savannah meet at a conference?
(a) Her father.
(c) Charles Turner.
(d) An ex-boyfriend.
11. What does Robin offer to do to support her family?
(a) To drive to Tucson and spend next week with her parents.
(b) Help her mother apply for assistance.
(c) Find a new lawyer.
(d) Pay for her father's nursing home.
12. Where does Robin find her wallet?
(a) In her purse.
(b) At Troy's home.
(c) In her car.
(d) In her carport.
13. What happens when Robin agrees to have dinner with Michael on Friday night?
(a) He does not show up.
(b) Michael calls and cancels at the last minute.
(c) She gets into a car accident.
(d) He brings his female house guest.
14. What does Michael say when Robin calls his home?
(a) He fell asleep and just woke up.
(b) He has forgotten about the date.
(c) He does not show up to get revenge.
(d) He decided not to meet her.
15. Why does Bernadine tell Herbert that she is not interested in a man who will cheat on his wife?
(a) Herbert says he wants to marry her.
(b) Herbert asks to sleep with her.
(c) Herbert asks to have an affair with her.
(d) Herbert offers to divorce his wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Kenneth leaves Savannah's apartment. When does he return?
2. Why does Bernadine leave the Scottsdale Princess resort?
3. Why does Savannah decline Kenneth's offer?
4. Why does Robin wish she could provide the finances for her father's care?
5. Who is with Gloria at the hospital?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)