|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens soon after Savannah leaves the restaurant?
(a) She remembers she forgot to pay the bill at the restaurant.
(b) Gloria calls her.
(c) She receives a call from Kenneth.
(d) Her car dies in traffic.
2. Why is Bernadine in the mood to celebrate?
(a) She received a pay raise.
(b) Her ex-husband has stopped calling.
(c) Her divorce is final.
(d) Her children are gone for part of the summer.
3. To what does Savannah return to at home?
(a) Kenneth on her doorstep.
(b) A home that has been burglarized.
(c) An empty home.
(d) Two voice messages.
4. What does Kenneth reveal to Savannah?
(a) He's thinking about moving to Phoenix.
(b) He is thinking about divorcing his wife.
(c) He loves his wife.
(d) He only came to Phoenix to sleep with her.
5. What does Kenneth ask Savannah to do?
(a) Move to Boston.
(b) Meet him in Palm Springs in a couple weeks.
(c) Find him a home in Phoenix.
(d) Marry him.
6. Why is Gloria depressed?
(a) Tarik is gone for the weekend.
(b) She loses three stylists at the Oasis.
(c) She is alone.
(d) It is her birthday.
7. Why does Savannah postpone her haircut?
(a) She has a date.
(b) She is running late to the salon.
(c) She senses Gloria's fatigue.
(d) She is not feeling well.
8. Why does Troy claim that the drugs do not interfere with his life?
(a) He can function normally after using drugs.
(b) He uses them for purely recreational reasons.
(c) He uses them often but in small doses.
(d) He has done drugs for a couple of decades and is immune to their effects.
9. Why do Savannah's friends not seem interested to hear about her trip to Las Vegas?
(a) Because they are jealous.
(b) They are all sick with food poisoning.
(c) There is a crisis while she is away.
(d) Because of their own relationship situations.
10. Why does Savannah's mother call her early one morning?
(a) To tell her to have a good day.
(b) To say her father has taken a turn for the worse.
(c) Requesting that Savannah write another letter to the food stamp people.
(d) Requesting a visit from her.
11. How is Gloria four days later?
(b) Much improved.
(c) Somewhat better.
(d) The same.
12. What does Savannah realize about Kenneth?
(a) He is annoying and rude.
(b) He had been in love with her when they dated.
(c) He is very egotistical.
(d) He only wants to sleep with her.
13. Why does Robin call Troy?
(a) She likes him more than Michael.
(b) She wants to ask a favor of him.
(c) She wants to meet him for dinner.
(d) She does not want to be alone tonight.
14. About what is Robin surprised when she calls Michael's home?
(a) A child answers the phone.
(b) A woman answers the phone.
(c) It is the wrong number.
(d) The phone is disconnected.
15. Who does Savannah suggest that stole Robin's wallet?
(c) Troy's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gloria in the hospital?
2. Why does Robin wish she could provide the finances for her father's care?
3. What does Phillip admit to Gloria?
4. Why does Bernadine leave the Scottsdale Princess resort?
5. What does Robin offer to do to support her family?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)