|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robin not pleased when Russell finally returns?
(a) He is moving in permanently with Robin.
(b) The divorce plans are not proceeding with any certainty.
(c) His wife apologized.
(d) He has decided to move back home.
2. What does Tarik tell his mother that he wants to do?
(a) Join the Up With People music organization.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Study music in college.
(d) Join the Peace Corps.
3. From where are John Jr. and Onika returning?
(a) Summer camp.
(b) Spending the weekend with their father.
(c) A friend's home.
4. Why is Gloria in the hospital?
(a) She is having a baby.
(b) She has had a massive heart attack.
(c) She is having a hysterectomy.
(d) She is visiting a friend.
5. What happens to all the women?
(a) They pass out in Gloria's living room.
(b) They go out to dinner.
(c) They go out dancing.
(d) They have a wonderful celebration and then head home.
6. Why does Troy bring his son to Phoenix to live?
(a) So he can get to know him better.
(b) To keep him out of trouble.
(c) To keep him away from his ex-wife.
(d) So he can get a good education.
7. Who is with Gloria at the hospital?
(a) Bernadine, Savannah, and Robin.
(b) Her mother and sister.
(c) Tarik, Marvin, Bernadine, Savannah and Robin.
8. Who does Savannah suggest that stole Robin's wallet?
(a) Troy's son.
9. What does Gloria learn about her new neighbor?
(a) He loves pie.
(b) He is married with two grown children.
(c) He is a widower with no children.
(d) He is rude.
10. To what do the members of Black Women on the Move maintain support?
(a) Soup kitchens.
(b) Important civic causes.
(c) Breast cancer awareness organizations.
(d) The First Amendment.
11. What does Savannah vow?
(a) To never go back to her old job.
(b) To never have a boyfriend again.
(c) To leave Phoenix as soon as possible.
(d) To never be so vulnerable with a man again.
12. To what does Savannah return to at home?
(a) Two voice messages.
(b) A home that has been burglarized.
(c) An empty home.
(d) Kenneth on her doorstep.
13. Why is Savannah headed to Las Vegas?
(a) To find a new man.
(b) To look for a home.
(c) To attend a TV producers' conference.
(d) To find a new job.
14. What are Gloria's three best friends and Marvin awaiting?
(a) Her arrival in the progressive care unit.
(b) News of her recovery.
(c) More information from the doctor.
(d) Her son Tarik.
15. Why does Robin wish she could provide the finances for her father's care?
(a) She does not want her mother to have to care for her father.
(b) She does not want to see her father in a poorly-run nursing home.
(c) She does not want her mother to have to pay for his care.
(d) So that her mother would not have to face such an agonizing decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Savannah advise Bernadine to do?
2. How does Gloria know her friends have arrived?
3. How is Gloria feeling?
4. What wakes Gloria early one morning?
5. How do Savannah, Bernadine and Robin plan to celebrate Gloria's birthday?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)