|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Savannah decline Kenneth's offer?
(a) She does not want to marry anyone.
(b) She does not want to leave Phoenix.
(c) Kenneth has not filed for divorce yet.
(d) She does not want him to move to Phoenix.
2. How does Troy seem when he arrives at Robin's apartment?
3. What happens at the meeting of the Black Women on the Move?
(a) They vote on the location for the annual Sisters' Nite Out.
(b) Bernadine had run for president and is officially elected and sworn into office.
(c) The organization's president shares the exciting news that the group is expanding into nearby Scottsdale.
(d) The organization's president shares the disappointing financial situation of the group.
4. What does Kenneth reveal to Savannah?
(a) He's thinking about moving to Phoenix.
(b) He loves his wife.
(c) He is thinking about divorcing his wife.
(d) He only came to Phoenix to sleep with her.
5. How is Gloria feeling?
(a) Her chest still hurts.
6. About what is Robin surprised when she calls Michael's home?
(a) A woman answers the phone.
(b) A child answers the phone.
(c) The phone is disconnected.
(d) It is the wrong number.
7. Why is Savannah headed to Las Vegas?
(a) To find a new man.
(b) To attend a TV producers' conference.
(c) To find a new job.
(d) To look for a home.
8. What does Savannah vow?
(a) To never be so vulnerable with a man again.
(b) To never go back to her old job.
(c) To leave Phoenix as soon as possible.
(d) To never have a boyfriend again.
9. How does Gloria know her friends have arrived?
(a) The music from Robin's car.
(b) She can hear Robin's car pulling up to her house.
(c) Robin is calling her name out the car window.
(d) Savannah calls her from her cell phone.
10. Why does James give Bernadine his phone number?
(a) He is interested in exploring a relationship with her.
(b) He wants to be her friend.
(c) So she can attend his wife's funeral.
(d) In case she ever needs to contact him.
11. Why does Savannah encourage Gloria to start planning her life?
(a) Tarik will be leaving home soon.
(b) So she can afford her salon.
(c) So she will be happier.
(d) She is not getting any younger.
12. Why does Savannah's mother call her early one morning?
(a) To say her father has taken a turn for the worse.
(b) To tell her to have a good day.
(c) Requesting a visit from her.
(d) Requesting that Savannah write another letter to the food stamp people.
13. To what does Savannah return to at home?
(a) Two voice messages.
(b) Kenneth on her doorstep.
(c) A home that has been burglarized.
(d) An empty home.
14. What does Tarik tell his mother that he wants to do?
(a) Study music in college.
(b) Join the Peace Corps.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Join the Up With People music organization.
15. What does Michael say when Robin calls his home?
(a) He does not show up to get revenge.
(b) He fell asleep and just woke up.
(c) He has forgotten about the date.
(d) He decided not to meet her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Russell want Robin to stop calling his home?
2. Why does Troy claim that the drugs do not interfere with his life?
3. What phone messages is Robin deleting?
4. Who does Bernadine meet at the Ritz-Carlton bar?
5. How do Savannah, Bernadine and Robin plan to celebrate Gloria's birthday?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)