|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
(a) Makes an appointment to meet with him.
(b) Bursts in on John and Kathleen in John's office.
(c) Barges in on him in a meeting.
(d) Set the building on fire.
2. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
(a) At work.
(b) At Gloria's home.
(c) At lunch in a restaurant.
(d) In the mall's food court.
3. Why does Robin tolerate Russell's indifference?
(a) She wants to be married and have children.
(b) He is her boss.
(c) She does not think she can attract anyone else.
(d) He is handsome.
4. Why is Tarik outraged?
(a) HIs friends have left him to deal with the authorities.
(b) He is expelled for no reason.
(c) He and his friends' First Amendment rights have been violated.
(d) His mother does not believe him.
5. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) San Antonio.
(c) Los Angeles.
6. Why is Robin worried about hurting Michael's feelings?
(a) He is such a sensitive person.
(b) What she has to say is not kind.
(c) She does not want to come across as mean.
(d) He easily cries.
7. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
(a) His offer to settle out of court with a check for three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) His relationship with Kathleen.
(c) That their divorce is inevitable.
(d) That she will not get much of his money.
8. Where does Bernadine take her children?
(a) To school.
(b) On a vacation.
(c) To her friend's home.
(d) To her mother's home.
9. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
(b) Mildly suspicious.
10. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
(a) For not coming home.
(b) For dropping out of school.
(c) For arguing with her.
(d) For not coming home to see his father.
11. When Savannah arrives at the hotel, what is she surprised to see?
(a) There is a cover charge.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) A limosine waiting for her.
(d) A bouquet of roses with her name on them.
12. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
(a) Russell's former boss.
(b) A strange woman.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Russell's sister.
13. What does Bernadine do after locking herself in her bedroom?
(a) She examines her face and naked body in a mirror and curses her new single status.
(b) She calls her best friend.
(c) She writes in her journal.
(d) She calls her mother.
14. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
(a) Tarik's acknowledgement that he is in a relationship.
(b) The For Sale sign at the house across the street.
(c) Her evening with Tarik's father.
(d) Her schedule of things to do.
15. Why is Savannah satisfied with moving to Phoenix and taking a $12,000 pay cut?
(a) The cost of living is lower.
(b) Phoenix is more beautiful than where she is currently living.
(c) She will be near her family.
(d) She will be working in a career she enjoys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Philip not be at work for a few days?
2. Who is Kenneth Dawkins?
3. From whom does Savannah receive a phone call, inviting her to dinner?
4. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
5. How does Savannah respond when Robin suggests that perhaps they should consider dating white men?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)