|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
(a) He has never been there before.
(b) He wants to get out of Denver.
(c) He enjoys road trips.
(d) He wants to spend time with Savannah.
2. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) The number of executive positions.
(b) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
(c) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
(d) Her confidence in herself.
3. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
(a) Drives the car and the clothes in the river.
(b) Puts them out on the street for sale.
(c) Drenches the clothing and the car in lighter fluid, throws a match inside the car.
(d) Puts them in the garage.
4. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
(a) His new girlfriend and his responsibilities as a man.
(b) His father moving in with them.
(c) Colleges he is considering attending.
(d) His slipping grades and the need for him to begin to consider some career options.
5. Who is Kenneth Dawkins?
(a) Savanna's attractive realtor.
(b) A man whom Savannah had dated while living in Boston a few years ago.
(c) Savannah's best friend from high school.
(d) Savanah's ex-fiance, who is now living in Boston.
6. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
(a) He will return in a week to pick up his personal items.
(b) He is moving the family today, so he can begin his new job tomorrow.
(c) He is meeting with his lawyer to draw up divorce papers.
(d) He has already quit his job and will begin looking for a new one today.
7. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
(a) At Bernadine's home.
(b) At a classy restaurant.
(c) At a quiet restaurant.
(d) At a bar called Pendleton's.
8. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
(a) Her fifteen-year-old son, Tarik.
(b) Her thirteen-year-old daughter, Tarik.
(c) Her husband, David.
(d) Her sister who is living with her.
9. Why is Robin worried about hurting Michael's feelings?
(a) She does not want to come across as mean.
(b) What she has to say is not kind.
(c) He easily cries.
(d) He is such a sensitive person.
10. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
(a) He has been a womanizer who believes women are subordinate to men.
(b) He has always been a kind man who treated his wife like a queen.
(c) He attempts to achieve the life enjoyed by successful white men like Donald Trump.
(d) He has been wanting a new career but did not want to disrupt his family life.
11. How does Savannah feel about meeting Lionel?
12. For what does Savannah long?
(a) A real man in her life.
(b) More excitement in her life.
(c) A better job.
(d) New friends.
13. How does Bernadine feel when she learns this about John?
(a) Hurt and shocked.
(b) Ashamed and fearful.
(c) Not surprised and annoyed.
(d) Sad and depressed.
14. As Savannah looks at her reflection in the mirror, she is pleased overall but what does she wish?
(a) She had a prettier nose.
(b) She had gone to the salon to get her hair styled.
(c) She had bought a new necklace.
(d) She had bigger breasts and less rear end.
15. Why does Robin tolerate Russell's indifference?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) She wants to be married and have children.
(c) He is her boss.
(d) She does not think she can attract anyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes?
2. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
3. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
4. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
5. Why does Philip need to be called?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)