|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
(a) He has already quit his job and will begin looking for a new one today.
(b) He is meeting with his lawyer to draw up divorce papers.
(c) He is moving the family today, so he can begin his new job tomorrow.
(d) He will return in a week to pick up his personal items.
2. Who is Kenneth Dawkins?
(a) A man whom Savannah had dated while living in Boston a few years ago.
(b) Savannah's best friend from high school.
(c) Savanna's attractive realtor.
(d) Savanah's ex-fiance, who is now living in Boston.
3. What does Robin tell Savannah while they wait for Bernadine and Gloria to arrive?
(a) Not much, because she does not know Robin well.
(b) Her life story and her sense of urgency to marry and have children.
(c) About her career and how much she loves it.
(d) The story of her friendships with Bernadine and Gloria.
4. What is Robin and Michael's first evening date?
(a) Robin invites Michael to dinner at her apartment.
(b) A nice dinner downtown.
(c) A movie.
(d) A gala at an art museum.
5. What does Gloria discover about Tarik's whereabouts the night before?
(a) He had not been with the friend he told her last night but instead had spent time with a girl.
(b) He was at a party.
(c) He went to Las Vegas with his friends.
(d) He was out on the streets all night.
6. What does Savannah resent about the executive world?
(a) It is male-dominated and keeps her in a middle management position.
(b) How wealthy they are.
(c) That they do not take responsibility for their actions and put the blame on people such as herself.
(d) It is not as exciting as she had thought it would be.
7. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
(a) He does not have the money to travel on his own.
(b) He wants to spend time with her.
(c) He wants to get to know her better.
(d) He has no one else to travel with.
8. What about Michael repulses Robin?
(a) His overweight body.
(b) His incessant talking.
(c) His clothing style.
(d) His eating habits.
9. Bernadine is torn between wanting to kick John out and what?
(a) Ordering him to stay.
(b) Begging him to stay.
(c) Calling the police.
(d) Moving out herself.
10. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He is ugly.
(c) His planets do not align with hers.
(d) He is fat.
11. What does Bernadine do after kicking the mirror on the door?
(a) She calls her best friend.
(b) She sits on her bed and cries.
(c) She picks up the broken pieces of glass.
(d) She drives to the Circle K Store to get some cigarettes.
12. Where does Bernadine discover that John has been devious in his financial matters that will impact the scope of the divorce settlement?
(a) In the divorce hearing.
(b) At a meeting with John.
(c) When she speaks with John's mother.
(d) During her first meeting with her divorce attorney.
13. Why will Philip not be at work for a few days?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He has personal issues with which to deal.
(c) He is going on vacation.
(d) He is opening his own salon.
14. What is Savannah Jackson dressing to attend?
(a) A New Year's Eve party.
(b) A Christmas party.
(c) An office party.
(d) A birthday party.
15. For what does Savannah long?
(a) A real man in her life.
(b) More excitement in her life.
(c) A better job.
(d) New friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
2. What does Bernadine do after locking herself in her bedroom?
3. What does Robin do when the tires on her car are slit one day?
4. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
5. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)