|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savannah resent about the executive world?
(a) How wealthy they are.
(b) That they do not take responsibility for their actions and put the blame on people such as herself.
(c) It is male-dominated and keeps her in a middle management position.
(d) It is not as exciting as she had thought it would be.
2. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
(a) She is jealous that he has found another woman so soon after breaking up with Robin.
(b) She now understands that she loves him.
(c) She does not want to see him, and is upset that he now is at the same bar she is.
(d) She had not realized she would miss him so much.
3. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
(a) He enjoys road trips.
(b) He wants to get out of Denver.
(c) He wants to spend time with Savannah.
(d) He has never been there before.
4. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
(a) At a quiet restaurant.
(b) At a classy restaurant.
(c) At a bar called Pendleton's.
(d) At Bernadine's home.
5. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) San Antonio.
6. When they reach Phoenix, Savannah drives to a travel agency to purchase an airline ticket for Lionel's return to Denver. For what does Lionel ask?
(a) To come back to Denver with him.
(b) The cash she would have expended on a ticket.
(c) To ride in first class.
(d) To have a train ticket instead.
7. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
(a) He had been married before.
(b) He spent all of his money.
(c) An extensive network of assets.
(d) He is married again.
8. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
(a) For arguing with her.
(b) For dropping out of school.
(c) For not coming home to see his father.
(d) For not coming home.
9. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
(a) Puts them out on the street for sale.
(b) Drives the car and the clothes in the river.
(c) Puts them in the garage.
(d) Drenches the clothing and the car in lighter fluid, throws a match inside the car.
10. What does Bernadine take to calm her nerves?
(a) A yoga class.
(b) Two Xanax tablets.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) A phone call from her mother.
11. What do Bernadine and Gloria claim about Ted?
(a) He is Mr. Wrong.
(b) He is lying to Robin.
(c) He is just another in a string of boyfriends.
(d) He is Robin's Mr. Right.
12. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
(a) Her fifteen-year-old son, Tarik.
(b) Her sister who is living with her.
(c) Her husband, David.
(d) Her thirteen-year-old daughter, Tarik.
13. Bernadine is torn between wanting to kick John out and what?
(a) Moving out herself.
(b) Calling the police.
(c) Begging him to stay.
(d) Ordering him to stay.
14. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
(a) Her evening with Tarik's father.
(b) The For Sale sign at the house across the street.
(c) Tarik's acknowledgement that he is in a relationship.
(d) Her schedule of things to do.
15. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
(a) His father moving in with them.
(b) His new girlfriend and his responsibilities as a man.
(c) Colleges he is considering attending.
(d) His slipping grades and the need for him to begin to consider some career options.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
2. Why do Savannah's mother and sister, Sheila, worry about Savannah still being unmarried?
3. What about Michael repulses Robin?
4. What is Robin and Michael's first evening date?
5. What does Robin do when the tires on her car are slit one day?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)