|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
(a) He has no one else to travel with.
(b) He wants to spend time with her.
(c) He does not have the money to travel on his own.
(d) He wants to get to know her better.
2. What do Bernadine and Gloria claim about Ted?
(a) He is just another in a string of boyfriends.
(b) He is lying to Robin.
(c) He is Robin's Mr. Right.
(d) He is Mr. Wrong.
3. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
(a) A woman answers the door.
(b) It is much smaller and sparsely furnished than she had been led to believe.
(c) It has a for sale sign in front of it.
(d) It is larger than she had expected.
4. How long has Russell been Robin Stokes' boyfriend?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) One year.
5. What does Gloria discover about Tarik's whereabouts the night before?
(a) He was out on the streets all night.
(b) He was at a party.
(c) He had not been with the friend he told her last night but instead had spent time with a girl.
(d) He went to Las Vegas with his friends.
6. What does she tell her mother is the reason for leaving the children there?
(a) She needs some time to think.
(b) She is starting a new job.
(c) She and John are going on a romantic trip.
(d) She needs a vacation.
7. How does Savannah feel about meeting Lionel?
8. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
(a) Four million dollars.
(b) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Eight hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Forty thousand dollars.
9. Where does Bernadine take her children?
(a) To school.
(b) To her mother's home.
(c) To her friend's home.
(d) On a vacation.
10. How does Bernadine feel when she learns this about John?
(a) Hurt and shocked.
(b) Ashamed and fearful.
(c) Not surprised and annoyed.
(d) Sad and depressed.
11. Why do Savannah's mother and sister, Sheila, worry about Savannah still being unmarried?
(a) She is the only one left unmarried.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is 36 years old.
(d) She is lonely.
12. Why is Tarik outraged?
(a) HIs friends have left him to deal with the authorities.
(b) He and his friends' First Amendment rights have been violated.
(c) His mother does not believe him.
(d) He is expelled for no reason.
13. What does Bernadine take to calm her nerves?
(a) A yoga class.
(b) Two Xanax tablets.
(c) A phone call from her mother.
(d) A glass of wine.
14. How is Michael different from the other men Robin has dated?
(a) He has a steady job.
(b) He brings her flowers.
(c) He seems genuinely interested in her welfare.
(d) He is more attractive.
15. How is Tarik's gang different from the Crips and Bloods?
(a) They do not kill other people.
(b) They wear different colors.
(c) They do not do violent or negative activities.
(d) They do not recruit in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gloria think about after Tarik leaves to be with his friends?
2. For what does Savannah long?
3. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
4. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
5. Where does Bernadine discover that John has been devious in his financial matters that will impact the scope of the divorce settlement?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)