|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernadine is torn between wanting to kick John out and what?
(a) Moving out herself.
(b) Calling the police.
(c) Begging him to stay.
(d) Ordering him to stay.
2. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Pay his rent.
(b) Leave her apartment.
(c) Commit to marriage.
(d) Call her back.
3. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
(a) Barges in on him in a meeting.
(b) Set the building on fire.
(c) Makes an appointment to meet with him.
(d) Bursts in on John and Kathleen in John's office.
4. Who invites Savannah to the party?
5. What does Gloria do before donning a robe and going downstairs?
(a) She brushes her teeth.
(b) She looks at herself in the mirror.
(c) She calls Philip.
(d) She swallows a blood pressure pill.
6. By what is Bernadine outraged?
(a) John moving the family without consulting her.
(b) John making decisions without discussing them with her.
(c) John's nonchalance at the destruction of their life.
(d) John's thoughtlessness towards her needs.
7. How does Savannah feel about meeting Lionel?
8. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
(a) At Bernadine's home.
(b) At a classy restaurant.
(c) At a bar called Pendleton's.
(d) At a quiet restaurant.
9. Why must Savannah travel to Phoenix on her own?
(a) She has no friends in Denver.
(b) She wants to be alone.
(c) The girl who was going to ride with her has backed out.
(d) Her mother at the last minute is unable to travel with her.
10. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
(a) She is sleepwalking.
(b) She is in shock.
(c) The wine is stronger than she initially thought it was.
(d) The Xanax begins its work.
11. How does Bernadine feel about Herbert repeatedly calling her?
12. Why is Savannah's first impression is one of being pleasantly surprised?
(a) The band playing is very good.
(b) Not many blind dates turn out being as handsome as Lionel is.
(c) The party is beautiful.
(d) The party is serving her favorite hors d'Å“uvre.
13. What is Gloria shocked to find?
(a) Tarik has dropped out of school.
(b) Tarik's girlfriend is pregnant.
(c) Tarik has been expelled from school for being in a gang.
(d) Tarik has joined the Bloods gang.
14. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
(a) He has been wanting a new career but did not want to disrupt his family life.
(b) He attempts to achieve the life enjoyed by successful white men like Donald Trump.
(c) He has been a womanizer who believes women are subordinate to men.
(d) He has always been a kind man who treated his wife like a queen.
15. What does Robin do when the tires on her car are slit one day?
(a) She kicks Russell out of her home.
(b) She replaces the tires.
(c) She finds the strange woman.
(d) She calls the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
2. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
3. How does Bernadine feel when she learns this about John?
4. How is Michael different from the other men Robin has dated?
5. What does she tell her mother is the reason for leaving the children there?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)