|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Philip not be at work for a few days?
(a) He is going on vacation.
(b) He has personal issues with which to deal.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He is opening his own salon.
2. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
(a) For not coming home.
(b) For not coming home to see his father.
(c) For arguing with her.
(d) For dropping out of school.
3. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
(a) It is larger than she had expected.
(b) A woman answers the door.
(c) It has a for sale sign in front of it.
(d) It is much smaller and sparsely furnished than she had been led to believe.
4. What does she tell her mother is the reason for leaving the children there?
(a) She needs a vacation.
(b) She is starting a new job.
(c) She and John are going on a romantic trip.
(d) She needs some time to think.
5. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
(a) Colleges he is considering attending.
(b) His father moving in with them.
(c) His slipping grades and the need for him to begin to consider some career options.
(d) His new girlfriend and his responsibilities as a man.
6. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
(a) He is married again.
(b) An extensive network of assets.
(c) He spent all of his money.
(d) He had been married before.
7. Why is Robin worried about hurting Michael's feelings?
(a) He is such a sensitive person.
(b) What she has to say is not kind.
(c) He easily cries.
(d) She does not want to come across as mean.
8. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
(a) She no longer has a husband to deal with.
(b) She has left the stove on.
(c) Her children will not be upset about the divorce.
(d) Savannah has arrived and the two old friends sit on the patio and talk until dawn.
9. Robin comes to the realization that Michael is a nice, considerate man, but why does she want to end the relationship?
(a) He does not earn enough money.
(b) He cannot satisfy her sexually.
(c) He wants to move away from Phoenix.
(d) He is not very organized.
10. Why does she decide to see him again?
(a) He seems sincere in getting to know her as a real person.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) She feels sorry for him.
11. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
(a) Drives the car and the clothes in the river.
(b) Puts them out on the street for sale.
(c) Puts them in the garage.
(d) Drenches the clothing and the car in lighter fluid, throws a match inside the car.
12. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
(a) At a classy restaurant.
(b) At Bernadine's home.
(c) At a quiet restaurant.
(d) At a bar called Pendleton's.
13. Who hosts the gathering?
(a) The Oasis Salon.
(c) A Phoenix family organization.
(d) A black businessperson's organization.
14. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
(a) After she marries Tariq's father.
(b) Five years ago after an office party.
(c) She is a senior in high school after prom.
(d) She is a senior in college during a frat party.
15. What does Bernadine take to calm her nerves?
(a) A phone call from her mother.
(b) A glass of wine.
(c) A yoga class.
(d) Two Xanax tablets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
2. What does Gloria do before donning a robe and going downstairs?
3. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
4. How does Robin know Michael?
5. Where do Savannah and Robin meet?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)