Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
(a) The wine is stronger than she initially thought it was.
(b) She is in shock.
(c) The Xanax begins its work.
(d) She is sleepwalking.
2. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
(a) Set the building on fire.
(b) Makes an appointment to meet with him.
(c) Bursts in on John and Kathleen in John's office.
(d) Barges in on him in a meeting.
3. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
(b) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
(c) Her confidence in herself.
(d) The number of executive positions.
4. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
5. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
(a) Picks up her children from her mother's.
(b) Stops to buy cigarettes and fill her prescription of Xanax.
(c) Stops in at the Oasis and has a makeover with a dramatically short haircut and new makeup.
(d) Meets with Savannah.
6. How does Robin know Michael?
(a) He works with Russell.
(b) He works in the same insurance company she does.
(c) He is a friend of a friend.
(d) He is an old family friend.
7. Who does Bernadine see at the bar that she knows?
(a) Harold Carrison.
(b) Hannah Wright.
(c) Herbert Webster.
(d) Sarah Hughes.
8. Why does Philip need to be called?
(a) To let him know that Gloria is running late.
(b) Gloria needs to set up a hair appointment with Philip.
(c) Gloria needs some repair work done on her home.
(d) There is a water leak at the salon.
9. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
(a) He wants to spend time with her.
(b) He does not have the money to travel on his own.
(c) He wants to get to know her better.
(d) He has no one else to travel with.
10. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
(a) For not coming home to see his father.
(b) For arguing with her.
(c) For dropping out of school.
(d) For not coming home.
11. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
(a) He is lazy.
(b) His planets do not align with hers.
(c) He is fat.
(d) He is ugly.
12. Why do Savannah's mother and sister, Sheila, worry about Savannah still being unmarried?
(a) She is 36 years old.
(b) She is depressed.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) She is the only one left unmarried.
13. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
(a) She is a senior in high school after prom.
(b) Five years ago after an office party.
(c) After she marries Tariq's father.
(d) She is a senior in college during a frat party.
14. What does Bernadine do after locking herself in her bedroom?
(a) She examines her face and naked body in a mirror and curses her new single status.
(b) She calls her mother.
(c) She writes in her journal.
(d) She calls her best friend.
15. Who hosts the gathering?
(a) A black businessperson's organization.
(b) A Phoenix family organization.
(c) The Oasis Salon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Michael repulses Robin?
2. What does Savannah resent about the executive world?
3. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
4. What has John just informed Bernadine?
5. From whom does Savannah receive a phone call, inviting her to dinner?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)