|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernadine is torn between wanting to kick John out and what?
(a) Calling the police.
(b) Moving out herself.
(c) Ordering him to stay.
(d) Begging him to stay.
2. How does Robin know Michael?
(a) He is a friend of a friend.
(b) He works in the same insurance company she does.
(c) He works with Russell.
(d) He is an old family friend.
3. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
(a) He has no one else to travel with.
(b) He wants to get to know her better.
(c) He does not have the money to travel on his own.
(d) He wants to spend time with her.
4. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
(a) Prescribes an antidepressant.
(b) Recommends talk therapy.
(c) Suggests she speak with a pastor.
(d) Tries hypnosis on her.
5. How does Bernadine feel about Herbert repeatedly calling her?
6. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(b) Staying up late.
7. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
(a) At a quiet restaurant.
(b) At a bar called Pendleton's.
(c) At a classy restaurant.
(d) At Bernadine's home.
8. How does Bernadine feel when she learns this about John?
(a) Ashamed and fearful.
(b) Hurt and shocked.
(c) Sad and depressed.
(d) Not surprised and annoyed.
9. For how long does Gloria ground Tarik?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) She does not ground him.
(d) Three months.
10. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
(a) He enjoys road trips.
(b) He wants to spend time with Savannah.
(c) He wants to get out of Denver.
(d) He has never been there before.
11. What does Robin tell Savannah while they wait for Bernadine and Gloria to arrive?
(a) Not much, because she does not know Robin well.
(b) The story of her friendships with Bernadine and Gloria.
(c) About her career and how much she loves it.
(d) Her life story and her sense of urgency to marry and have children.
12. What do Bernadine and Gloria claim about Ted?
(a) He is just another in a string of boyfriends.
(b) He is Robin's Mr. Right.
(c) He is lying to Robin.
(d) He is Mr. Wrong.
13. What is Robin and Michael's first evening date?
(a) A nice dinner downtown.
(b) Robin invites Michael to dinner at her apartment.
(c) A movie.
(d) A gala at an art museum.
14. Why does she decide to see him again?
(a) He seems sincere in getting to know her as a real person.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) He is handsome.
15. Why is Robin worried about hurting Michael's feelings?
(a) What she has to say is not kind.
(b) She does not want to come across as mean.
(c) He is such a sensitive person.
(d) He easily cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
2. Robin comes to the realization that Michael is a nice, considerate man, but why does she want to end the relationship?
3. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
4. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
5. Where do Savannah and Robin meet?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)