|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Savannah looks at her reflection in the mirror, she is pleased overall but what does she wish?
(a) She had a prettier nose.
(b) She had bigger breasts and less rear end.
(c) She had gone to the salon to get her hair styled.
(d) She had bought a new necklace.
2. Where do Savannah and Robin meet?
(a) In the steam room at their health club.
(b) On the country club golf course.
(c) At Pendleton's.
(d) At Robin's home.
3. What does Bernadine take to calm her nerves?
(a) A phone call from her mother.
(b) A yoga class.
(c) Two Xanax tablets.
(d) A glass of wine.
4. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
(a) Recommends talk therapy.
(b) Suggests she speak with a pastor.
(c) Tries hypnosis on her.
(d) Prescribes an antidepressant.
5. Why do Savannah's mother and sister, Sheila, worry about Savannah still being unmarried?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) She is 36 years old.
(c) She is the only one left unmarried.
(d) She is depressed.
6. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
(a) At Bernadine's home.
(b) At a classy restaurant.
(c) At a quiet restaurant.
(d) At a bar called Pendleton's.
7. How is Michael different from the other men Robin has dated?
(a) He is more attractive.
(b) He has a steady job.
(c) He brings her flowers.
(d) He seems genuinely interested in her welfare.
8. Who does Bernadine see at the bar that she knows?
(a) Sarah Hughes.
(b) Hannah Wright.
(c) Harold Carrison.
(d) Herbert Webster.
9. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
(a) It is much smaller and sparsely furnished than she had been led to believe.
(b) A woman answers the door.
(c) It is larger than she had expected.
(d) It has a for sale sign in front of it.
10. What does Gloria think about after Tarik leaves to be with his friends?
(a) Whether or not Tarik will visit his father.
(b) Her hopes that Tarik will behave responsibly and not jeopardize his future by getting a girl pregnant.
(c) Her hopes that Tarik will not get into trouble with the police.
(d) Whether or not Tarik will graduate from high school.
11. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
(a) He has no one else to travel with.
(b) He does not have the money to travel on his own.
(c) He wants to get to know her better.
(d) He wants to spend time with her.
12. What has John just informed Bernadine?
(a) He is moving out.
(b) He is moving the family to Scottsdale.
(c) He is quitting his job.
(d) He is leaving her for his bookkeeper.
13. What is Robin's reason for waking Michael one morning?
(a) He has to get up early for work.
(b) She plans on telling him she does no longer wants to see him.
(c) She wants to tell him she loves him.
(d) She wants to make him breakfast in bed.
14. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Commit to marriage.
(b) Call her back.
(c) Leave her apartment.
(d) Pay his rent.
15. How does Savannah respond when Robin suggests that perhaps they should consider dating white men?
(a) She despises white men.
(b) She thinks it is a wonderful idea.
(c) She is already secretly dating a white man.
(d) She has no interest in doing that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
2. When they reach Phoenix, Savannah drives to a travel agency to purchase an airline ticket for Lionel's return to Denver. For what does Lionel ask?
3. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
4. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes?
5. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)