|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robin do when the tires on her car are slit one day?
(a) She replaces the tires.
(b) She kicks Russell out of her home.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She finds the strange woman.
2. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
(a) She does not want to see him, and is upset that he now is at the same bar she is.
(b) She is jealous that he has found another woman so soon after breaking up with Robin.
(c) She now understands that she loves him.
(d) She had not realized she would miss him so much.
3. Why does she decide to see him again?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He seems sincere in getting to know her as a real person.
(d) She feels sorry for him.
4. What does she tell her mother is the reason for leaving the children there?
(a) She needs a vacation.
(b) She needs some time to think.
(c) She and John are going on a romantic trip.
(d) She is starting a new job.
5. When Savannah arrives at the hotel, what is she surprised to see?
(a) Her ex-boyfriend.
(b) There is a cover charge.
(c) A limosine waiting for her.
(d) A bouquet of roses with her name on them.
6. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
(a) Her children will not be upset about the divorce.
(b) Savannah has arrived and the two old friends sit on the patio and talk until dawn.
(c) She has left the stove on.
(d) She no longer has a husband to deal with.
7. What does Gloria learn about Desiree?
(a) She has quit.
(b) She is late once again.
(c) She is sick again.
(d) She has bought a home.
8. Robin comes to the realization that Michael is a nice, considerate man, but why does she want to end the relationship?
(a) He wants to move away from Phoenix.
(b) He does not earn enough money.
(c) He is not very organized.
(d) He cannot satisfy her sexually.
9. Why is Tarik outraged?
(a) He and his friends' First Amendment rights have been violated.
(b) HIs friends have left him to deal with the authorities.
(c) His mother does not believe him.
(d) He is expelled for no reason.
10. Where does Bernadine take her children?
(a) To school.
(b) To her friend's home.
(c) To her mother's home.
(d) On a vacation.
11. What does Robin tell Savannah while they wait for Bernadine and Gloria to arrive?
(a) Not much, because she does not know Robin well.
(b) About her career and how much she loves it.
(c) Her life story and her sense of urgency to marry and have children.
(d) The story of her friendships with Bernadine and Gloria.
12. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
(a) She is a senior in college during a frat party.
(b) She is a senior in high school after prom.
(c) Five years ago after an office party.
(d) After she marries Tariq's father.
13. Why is Savannah's first impression is one of being pleasantly surprised?
(a) The party is beautiful.
(b) The band playing is very good.
(c) Not many blind dates turn out being as handsome as Lionel is.
(d) The party is serving her favorite hors d'Å“uvre.
14. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Call her back.
(b) Pay his rent.
(c) Commit to marriage.
(d) Leave her apartment.
15. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
(a) He had been married before.
(b) An extensive network of assets.
(c) He spent all of his money.
(d) He is married again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
2. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
3. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
4. When they reach Phoenix, Savannah drives to a travel agency to purchase an airline ticket for Lionel's return to Denver. For what does Lionel ask?
5. What does Gloria do before donning a robe and going downstairs?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)