|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
(a) Five years ago after an office party.
(b) After she marries Tariq's father.
(c) She is a senior in college during a frat party.
(d) She is a senior in high school after prom.
2. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(d) Staying up late.
3. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
4. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Pay his rent.
(b) Commit to marriage.
(c) Call her back.
(d) Leave her apartment.
5. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
(a) It is larger than she had expected.
(b) It is much smaller and sparsely furnished than she had been led to believe.
(c) It has a for sale sign in front of it.
(d) A woman answers the door.
6. From whom does Savannah receive a phone call, inviting her to dinner?
(d) Her brother.
7. Why does Robin tolerate Russell's indifference?
(a) He is her boss.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) She does not think she can attract anyone else.
(d) She wants to be married and have children.
8. What does Bernadine take to calm her nerves?
(a) Two Xanax tablets.
(b) A yoga class.
(c) A phone call from her mother.
(d) A glass of wine.
9. How does Bernadine feel when she learns this about John?
(a) Hurt and shocked.
(b) Not surprised and annoyed.
(c) Ashamed and fearful.
(d) Sad and depressed.
10. How does Robin know Michael?
(a) He works with Russell.
(b) He is a friend of a friend.
(c) He works in the same insurance company she does.
(d) He is an old family friend.
11. What does Savannah hope the new year will bring?
(a) New and exciting experiences to reminisce the rest of her life.
(b) A man she can love, and who will love her completely in return.
(c) New friends in Phoenix.
(d) A career that she can enjoy and do until retirement.
12. How does Savannah respond when Robin suggests that perhaps they should consider dating white men?
(a) She has no interest in doing that.
(b) She is already secretly dating a white man.
(c) She thinks it is a wonderful idea.
(d) She despises white men.
13. Who does Bernadine see at the bar that she knows?
(a) Herbert Webster.
(b) Harold Carrison.
(c) Sarah Hughes.
(d) Hannah Wright.
14. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
(a) He is meeting with his lawyer to draw up divorce papers.
(b) He will return in a week to pick up his personal items.
(c) He is moving the family today, so he can begin his new job tomorrow.
(d) He has already quit his job and will begin looking for a new one today.
15. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) San Antonio.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernadine is torn between wanting to kick John out and what?
2. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
3. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
4. How is Tarik's gang different from the Crips and Bloods?
5. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)