|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
(a) She has left the stove on.
(b) Savannah has arrived and the two old friends sit on the patio and talk until dawn.
(c) Her children will not be upset about the divorce.
(d) She no longer has a husband to deal with.
2. By what is Bernadine outraged?
(a) John's nonchalance at the destruction of their life.
(b) John moving the family without consulting her.
(c) John's thoughtlessness towards her needs.
(d) John making decisions without discussing them with her.
3. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(d) Staying up late.
4. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
(a) He has been a womanizer who believes women are subordinate to men.
(b) He has always been a kind man who treated his wife like a queen.
(c) He has been wanting a new career but did not want to disrupt his family life.
(d) He attempts to achieve the life enjoyed by successful white men like Donald Trump.
5. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
(a) His relationship with Kathleen.
(b) That their divorce is inevitable.
(c) That she will not get much of his money.
(d) His offer to settle out of court with a check for three hundred thousand dollars.
6. Why does she decide to see him again?
(a) He seems sincere in getting to know her as a real person.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) He is handsome.
7. How does Bernadine feel about Herbert repeatedly calling her?
8. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
(a) At Gloria's home.
(b) At lunch in a restaurant.
(c) In the mall's food court.
(d) At work.
9. What is Robin's reason for waking Michael one morning?
(a) She wants to make him breakfast in bed.
(b) She wants to tell him she loves him.
(c) She plans on telling him she does no longer wants to see him.
(d) He has to get up early for work.
10. How is Michael different from the other men Robin has dated?
(a) He seems genuinely interested in her welfare.
(b) He brings her flowers.
(c) He is more attractive.
(d) He has a steady job.
11. Robin comes to the realization that Michael is a nice, considerate man, but why does she want to end the relationship?
(a) He cannot satisfy her sexually.
(b) He does not earn enough money.
(c) He wants to move away from Phoenix.
(d) He is not very organized.
12. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
(a) For dropping out of school.
(b) For not coming home to see his father.
(c) For not coming home.
(d) For arguing with her.
13. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
(a) At a bar called Pendleton's.
(b) At a classy restaurant.
(c) At a quiet restaurant.
(d) At Bernadine's home.
14. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
(a) Her sister who is living with her.
(b) Her fifteen-year-old son, Tarik.
(c) Her thirteen-year-old daughter, Tarik.
(d) Her husband, David.
15. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
(a) After she marries Tariq's father.
(b) She is a senior in high school after prom.
(c) Five years ago after an office party.
(d) She is a senior in college during a frat party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
2. How does Savannah feel about meeting Lionel?
3. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
4. What does Gloria learn about Desiree?
5. What is Gloria shocked to find?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)