Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
(a) He had been married before.
(b) An extensive network of assets.
(c) He is married again.
(d) He spent all of his money.
2. Why is Bernadine unhappy with her job as a controller for a real estate management company?
(a) The job denies her creative talents and plunges her into even more stress of working full time and taking care of the kids and the house.
(b) The hours are long, and it is a tiring job.
(c) She does not feel adequately trained for the job.
(d) Her employees are shallow and fake.
3. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
(a) A strange woman.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Russell's sister.
(d) Russell's former boss.
4. Why will Philip not be at work for a few days?
(a) He has the flu.
(b) He is opening his own salon.
(c) He is going on vacation.
(d) He has personal issues with which to deal.
5. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
(a) His offer to settle out of court with a check for three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) That she will not get much of his money.
(c) That their divorce is inevitable.
(d) His relationship with Kathleen.
6. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
(c) Mildly suspicious.
7. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
(a) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Forty thousand dollars.
(c) Eight hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Four million dollars.
8. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
(c) Robin and Philip.
9. What does Savannah hope the new year will bring?
(a) A man she can love, and who will love her completely in return.
(b) New and exciting experiences to reminisce the rest of her life.
(c) New friends in Phoenix.
(d) A career that she can enjoy and do until retirement.
10. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
(a) He has no one else to travel with.
(b) He does not have the money to travel on his own.
(c) He wants to spend time with her.
(d) He wants to get to know her better.
11. How does Savannah respond when Robin suggests that perhaps they should consider dating white men?
(a) She thinks it is a wonderful idea.
(b) She despises white men.
(c) She has no interest in doing that.
(d) She is already secretly dating a white man.
12. Why does Robin tolerate Russell's indifference?
(a) She wants to be married and have children.
(b) She does not think she can attract anyone else.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is her boss.
13. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
(a) Recommends talk therapy.
(b) Suggests she speak with a pastor.
(c) Prescribes an antidepressant.
(d) Tries hypnosis on her.
14. What is Robin's reason for waking Michael one morning?
(a) She wants to make him breakfast in bed.
(b) He has to get up early for work.
(c) She plans on telling him she does no longer wants to see him.
(d) She wants to tell him she loves him.
15. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
(a) The Xanax begins its work.
(b) The wine is stronger than she initially thought it was.
(c) She is in shock.
(d) She is sleepwalking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
2. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
3. How does Savannah feel about meeting Lionel?
4. What does Robin do when the tires on her car are slit one day?
5. Who hosts the gathering?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)