|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts the gathering?
(a) A Phoenix family organization.
(c) The Oasis Salon.
(d) A black businessperson's organization.
2. Why is Robin worried about hurting Michael's feelings?
(a) He easily cries.
(b) He is such a sensitive person.
(c) She does not want to come across as mean.
(d) What she has to say is not kind.
3. What is Savannah Jackson dressing to attend?
(a) An office party.
(b) A Christmas party.
(c) A New Year's Eve party.
(d) A birthday party.
4. Where does Bernadine take her children?
(a) To her friend's home.
(b) To her mother's home.
(c) On a vacation.
(d) To school.
5. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
(a) Russell's sister.
(b) A strange woman.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Russell's former boss.
6. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
(a) At lunch in a restaurant.
(b) At work.
(c) At Gloria's home.
(d) In the mall's food court.
7. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
(a) She does not want to see him, and is upset that he now is at the same bar she is.
(b) She now understands that she loves him.
(c) She had not realized she would miss him so much.
(d) She is jealous that he has found another woman so soon after breaking up with Robin.
8. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
(a) His relationship with Kathleen.
(b) His offer to settle out of court with a check for three hundred thousand dollars.
(c) That their divorce is inevitable.
(d) That she will not get much of his money.
9. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
(a) He is recently divorced.
(b) She does not know much about him.
(c) She just got out of a bad relationship.
(d) He is not handsome like the men she had always dated in the past.
10. How does Bernadine react to Gloria's suggestion that she find a better job?
(a) With insecurity.
(b) With confusion.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With fury.
11. Who does Bernadine see at the bar that she knows?
(a) Harold Carrison.
(b) Hannah Wright.
(c) Herbert Webster.
(d) Sarah Hughes.
12. From whom does Savannah receive a phone call, inviting her to dinner?
(a) Her brother.
13. How does Bernadine feel about Herbert repeatedly calling her?
14. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
(a) Puts them out on the street for sale.
(b) Drenches the clothing and the car in lighter fluid, throws a match inside the car.
(c) Drives the car and the clothes in the river.
(d) Puts them in the garage.
15. How does Savannah feel about meeting Lionel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does she decide to see him again?
2. How long has Russell been Robin Stokes' boyfriend?
3. When they reach Phoenix, Savannah drives to a travel agency to purchase an airline ticket for Lionel's return to Denver. For what does Lionel ask?
4. Why is Savannah satisfied with moving to Phoenix and taking a $12,000 pay cut?
5. What is Robin and Michael's first evening date?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)