|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what is Bernadine outraged?
(a) John making decisions without discussing them with her.
(b) John's thoughtlessness towards her needs.
(c) John's nonchalance at the destruction of their life.
(d) John moving the family without consulting her.
2. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
(a) He attempts to achieve the life enjoyed by successful white men like Donald Trump.
(b) He has always been a kind man who treated his wife like a queen.
(c) He has been a womanizer who believes women are subordinate to men.
(d) He has been wanting a new career but did not want to disrupt his family life.
3. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Antonio.
4. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
(a) Recommends talk therapy.
(b) Suggests she speak with a pastor.
(c) Tries hypnosis on her.
(d) Prescribes an antidepressant.
5. What is Savannah Jackson dressing to attend?
(a) An office party.
(b) A Christmas party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A New Year's Eve party.
6. How does Savannah respond when Robin suggests that perhaps they should consider dating white men?
(a) She thinks it is a wonderful idea.
(b) She is already secretly dating a white man.
(c) She despises white men.
(d) She has no interest in doing that.
7. What does Gloria think about after Tarik leaves to be with his friends?
(a) Her hopes that Tarik will not get into trouble with the police.
(b) Her hopes that Tarik will behave responsibly and not jeopardize his future by getting a girl pregnant.
(c) Whether or not Tarik will visit his father.
(d) Whether or not Tarik will graduate from high school.
8. Why must Savannah travel to Phoenix on her own?
(a) She has no friends in Denver.
(b) The girl who was going to ride with her has backed out.
(c) She wants to be alone.
(d) Her mother at the last minute is unable to travel with her.
9. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
(a) He wants to get out of Denver.
(b) He has never been there before.
(c) He enjoys road trips.
(d) He wants to spend time with Savannah.
10. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Commit to marriage.
(b) Leave her apartment.
(c) Call her back.
(d) Pay his rent.
11. What does Savannah resent about the executive world?
(a) It is male-dominated and keeps her in a middle management position.
(b) How wealthy they are.
(c) It is not as exciting as she had thought it would be.
(d) That they do not take responsibility for their actions and put the blame on people such as herself.
12. Why does she decide to see him again?
(a) He seems sincere in getting to know her as a real person.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) He is wealthy.
13. Who hosts the gathering?
(a) The Oasis Salon.
(b) A Phoenix family organization.
(c) A black businessperson's organization.
14. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) Her confidence in herself.
(b) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
(c) The number of executive positions.
(d) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
15. For how long does Gloria ground Tarik?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) She does not ground him.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
2. What does Robin tell Savannah while they wait for Bernadine and Gloria to arrive?
3. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
4. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
5. What does Bernadine do after she takes another Xanax?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)