|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Savannah looks at her reflection in the mirror, she is pleased overall but what does she wish?
(a) She had bought a new necklace.
(b) She had gone to the salon to get her hair styled.
(c) She had bigger breasts and less rear end.
(d) She had a prettier nose.
2. What does Robin tell Savannah while they wait for Bernadine and Gloria to arrive?
(a) About her career and how much she loves it.
(b) Not much, because she does not know Robin well.
(c) The story of her friendships with Bernadine and Gloria.
(d) Her life story and her sense of urgency to marry and have children.
3. How does Savannah respond when Robin suggests that perhaps they should consider dating white men?
(a) She thinks it is a wonderful idea.
(b) She is already secretly dating a white man.
(c) She despises white men.
(d) She has no interest in doing that.
4. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
(a) A strange woman.
(b) Russell's former boss.
(c) Russell's sister.
(d) Her friend.
5. How is Tarik's gang different from the Crips and Bloods?
(a) They do not kill other people.
(b) They wear different colors.
(c) They do not do violent or negative activities.
(d) They do not recruit in school.
6. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
(a) Her schedule of things to do.
(b) Tarik's acknowledgement that he is in a relationship.
(c) The For Sale sign at the house across the street.
(d) Her evening with Tarik's father.
7. Why is Robin worried about hurting Michael's feelings?
(a) He is such a sensitive person.
(b) He easily cries.
(c) What she has to say is not kind.
(d) She does not want to come across as mean.
8. Where do Savannah and Robin meet?
(a) At Robin's home.
(b) At Pendleton's.
(c) On the country club golf course.
(d) In the steam room at their health club.
9. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
(a) He has always been a kind man who treated his wife like a queen.
(b) He attempts to achieve the life enjoyed by successful white men like Donald Trump.
(c) He has been a womanizer who believes women are subordinate to men.
(d) He has been wanting a new career but did not want to disrupt his family life.
10. What does Gloria learn about Desiree?
(a) She is late once again.
(b) She is sick again.
(c) She has bought a home.
(d) She has quit.
11. How does Robin know Michael?
(a) He works with Russell.
(b) He works in the same insurance company she does.
(c) He is an old family friend.
(d) He is a friend of a friend.
12. Why will Philip not be at work for a few days?
(a) He has personal issues with which to deal.
(b) He is going on vacation.
(c) He is opening his own salon.
(d) He has the flu.
13. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Pay his rent.
(b) Call her back.
(c) Leave her apartment.
(d) Commit to marriage.
14. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
(a) Robin and Philip.
15. When Savannah arrives at the hotel, what is she surprised to see?
(a) A bouquet of roses with her name on them.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) There is a cover charge.
(d) A limosine waiting for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she tell her mother is the reason for leaving the children there?
2. How does Bernadine react to Gloria's suggestion that she find a better job?
3. Why is Tarik outraged?
4. Why do Robin and Savannah promise to meet?
5. How long has Russell been Robin Stokes' boyfriend?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)