|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernadine do after locking herself in her bedroom?
(a) She writes in her journal.
(b) She calls her mother.
(c) She calls her best friend.
(d) She examines her face and naked body in a mirror and curses her new single status.
2. Why does she decide to see him again?
(a) He seems sincere in getting to know her as a real person.
(b) She feels sorry for him.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is wealthy.
3. Why is Savannah's first impression is one of being pleasantly surprised?
(a) Not many blind dates turn out being as handsome as Lionel is.
(b) The party is serving her favorite hors d'Å“uvre.
(c) The band playing is very good.
(d) The party is beautiful.
4. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
(a) Pay his rent.
(b) Call her back.
(c) Leave her apartment.
(d) Commit to marriage.
5. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
(a) Picks up her children from her mother's.
(b) Stops in at the Oasis and has a makeover with a dramatically short haircut and new makeup.
(c) Meets with Savannah.
(d) Stops to buy cigarettes and fill her prescription of Xanax.
6. What does Robin feel about Russell?
(a) He will make a good father for her children.
(b) He is her last chance to achieve her dreams.
(c) He will fire her if she breaks up with him.
(d) Loathing and hatred.
7. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
(a) For dropping out of school.
(b) For not coming home.
(c) For arguing with her.
(d) For not coming home to see his father.
8. What does Gloria discover about Tarik's whereabouts the night before?
(a) He had not been with the friend he told her last night but instead had spent time with a girl.
(b) He was at a party.
(c) He went to Las Vegas with his friends.
(d) He was out on the streets all night.
9. Bernadine is torn between wanting to kick John out and what?
(a) Ordering him to stay.
(b) Begging him to stay.
(c) Moving out herself.
(d) Calling the police.
10. Where does Bernadine take her children?
(a) To her mother's home.
(b) On a vacation.
(c) To her friend's home.
(d) To school.
11. Why does Bernadine sideline her own wish to open a catering business?
(a) She becomes pregnant with John's two children and did not have time to start up her business.
(b) She does not have the training to run a catering business.
(c) John thinks she would be better in real estate.
(d) John never feels that the time is right to take the risk.
12. Why will Philip not be at work for a few days?
(a) He is going on vacation.
(b) He is opening his own salon.
(c) He has personal issues with which to deal.
(d) He has the flu.
13. How does Bernadine feel about the mortgage payment not being made by John?
14. What does she tell her mother is the reason for leaving the children there?
(a) She needs a vacation.
(b) She and John are going on a romantic trip.
(c) She is starting a new job.
(d) She needs some time to think.
15. As Savannah looks at her reflection in the mirror, she is pleased overall but what does she wish?
(a) She had bought a new necklace.
(b) She had bigger breasts and less rear end.
(c) She had a prettier nose.
(d) She had gone to the salon to get her hair styled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
2. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
3. When Savannah arrives at the hotel, what is she surprised to see?
4. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
5. What has John just informed Bernadine?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)