|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) Her confidence in herself.
(b) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
(c) The number of executive positions.
(d) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
2. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
(a) He enjoys road trips.
(b) He wants to spend time with Savannah.
(c) He wants to get out of Denver.
(d) He has never been there before.
3. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(c) Staying up late.
4. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
(a) Her fifteen-year-old son, Tarik.
(b) Her thirteen-year-old daughter, Tarik.
(c) Her sister who is living with her.
(d) Her husband, David.
5. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
(a) After she marries Tariq's father.
(b) She is a senior in college during a frat party.
(c) Five years ago after an office party.
(d) She is a senior in high school after prom.
6. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes?
(a) Dumps them into John's BMW.
(b) Calls John to come pick them up.
(c) Folds them and puts them in a suitcase.
(d) Throws them in the trash.
7. What makes Gloria's thoughts turn to her own dismal love life?
(a) Her schedule of things to do.
(b) Tarik's acknowledgement that he is in a relationship.
(c) Her evening with Tarik's father.
(d) The For Sale sign at the house across the street.
8. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
(a) He will return in a week to pick up his personal items.
(b) He is moving the family today, so he can begin his new job tomorrow.
(c) He is meeting with his lawyer to draw up divorce papers.
(d) He has already quit his job and will begin looking for a new one today.
9. Why is Robin worried about hurting Michael's feelings?
(a) He easily cries.
(b) What she has to say is not kind.
(c) She does not want to come across as mean.
(d) He is such a sensitive person.
10. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
(a) She has left the stove on.
(b) Her children will not be upset about the divorce.
(c) Savannah has arrived and the two old friends sit on the patio and talk until dawn.
(d) She no longer has a husband to deal with.
11. How does Bernadine react to Gloria's suggestion that she find a better job?
(a) With fury.
(b) With confusion.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With insecurity.
12. Why is Bernadine unhappy with her job as a controller for a real estate management company?
(a) Her employees are shallow and fake.
(b) She does not feel adequately trained for the job.
(c) The hours are long, and it is a tiring job.
(d) The job denies her creative talents and plunges her into even more stress of working full time and taking care of the kids and the house.
13. How does Savannah respond when Robin suggests that perhaps they should consider dating white men?
(a) She has no interest in doing that.
(b) She thinks it is a wonderful idea.
(c) She despises white men.
(d) She is already secretly dating a white man.
14. Who hosts the gathering?
(a) A Phoenix family organization.
(b) The Oasis Salon.
(c) A black businessperson's organization.
15. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
(a) Four million dollars.
(b) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Forty thousand dollars.
(d) Eight hundred thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gloria tell Savannah about an organization called Black Women on the Move?
2. What does Bernadine do after locking herself in her bedroom?
3. What is Savannah Jackson dressing to attend?
4. What does Gloria do before donning a robe and going downstairs?
5. What does Savannah resent about the executive world?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)