|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
(b) Her confidence in herself.
(c) The number of executive positions.
(d) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
2. What does Bernadine's therapist do to help rid her of feelings of sadness?
(a) Prescribes an antidepressant.
(b) Suggests she speak with a pastor.
(c) Tries hypnosis on her.
(d) Recommends talk therapy.
3. What does Bernadine take to calm her nerves?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A phone call from her mother.
(c) A yoga class.
(d) Two Xanax tablets.
4. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(d) Staying up late.
5. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
(a) Her sister who is living with her.
(b) Her husband, David.
(c) Her thirteen-year-old daughter, Tarik.
(d) Her fifteen-year-old son, Tarik.
6. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
(a) He enjoys road trips.
(b) He has never been there before.
(c) He wants to spend time with Savannah.
(d) He wants to get out of Denver.
7. How does Savannah respond when Robin suggests that perhaps they should consider dating white men?
(a) She is already secretly dating a white man.
(b) She thinks it is a wonderful idea.
(c) She despises white men.
(d) She has no interest in doing that.
8. Where do Savannah and Robin meet?
(a) In the steam room at their health club.
(b) At Robin's home.
(c) On the country club golf course.
(d) At Pendleton's.
9. Bernadine is torn between wanting to kick John out and what?
(a) Begging him to stay.
(b) Moving out herself.
(c) Calling the police.
(d) Ordering him to stay.
10. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
(a) His father moving in with them.
(b) His new girlfriend and his responsibilities as a man.
(c) His slipping grades and the need for him to begin to consider some career options.
(d) Colleges he is considering attending.
11. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
(a) The time she almost drowned years ago while swimming with a friend.
(b) The time she moved from her childhood home.
(c) The time her father moved out.
(d) The time her high school sweetheart broke up with her.
12. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
(a) It reminds her of when Robin was a child and would come home from a day of playing with friends.
(b) Robin's father has Alzheimer's disease and it is hard to watch his capacities diminish.
(c) She is very lonely and living by herself.
(d) Robin is her favorite child.
13. What does Bernadine do after she takes another Xanax?
(a) She contacts her lawyer to discuss her imminent divorce.
(b) She looks around at the precise organization of John's things.
(c) She calls her children.
(d) She cries herself asleep.
14. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
(a) Russell's former boss.
(b) Russell's sister.
(c) Her friend.
(d) A strange woman.
15. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
(a) She is a senior in high school after prom.
(b) After she marries Tariq's father.
(c) She is a senior in college during a frat party.
(d) Five years ago after an office party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
2. What does Savannah hope the new year will bring?
3. What is Robin's reason for waking Michael one morning?
4. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
5. Why must Savannah travel to Phoenix on her own?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)