|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernadine take to calm her nerves?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A yoga class.
(c) A phone call from her mother.
(d) Two Xanax tablets.
2. What is a good enough reason, to Robin, to break up with Michael?
(a) His planets do not align with hers.
(b) He is ugly.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is fat.
3. Where do Savannah and Robin meet?
(a) At Pendleton's.
(b) At Robin's home.
(c) On the country club golf course.
(d) In the steam room at their health club.
4. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Antonio.
5. What does Bernadine do after kicking the mirror on the door?
(a) She drives to the Circle K Store to get some cigarettes.
(b) She calls her best friend.
(c) She picks up the broken pieces of glass.
(d) She sits on her bed and cries.
6. As Savannah looks at her reflection in the mirror, she is pleased overall but what does she wish?
(a) She had a prettier nose.
(b) She had bigger breasts and less rear end.
(c) She had gone to the salon to get her hair styled.
(d) She had bought a new necklace.
7. How does Robin know Michael?
(a) He works with Russell.
(b) He is an old family friend.
(c) He is a friend of a friend.
(d) He works in the same insurance company she does.
8. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
(a) Puts them out on the street for sale.
(b) Puts them in the garage.
(c) Drenches the clothing and the car in lighter fluid, throws a match inside the car.
(d) Drives the car and the clothes in the river.
9. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
(a) A woman answers the door.
(b) It has a for sale sign in front of it.
(c) It is much smaller and sparsely furnished than she had been led to believe.
(d) It is larger than she had expected.
10. What does Gloria discover about Tarik's whereabouts the night before?
(a) He had not been with the friend he told her last night but instead had spent time with a girl.
(b) He was at a party.
(c) He was out on the streets all night.
(d) He went to Las Vegas with his friends.
11. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
(a) Her friend.
(b) A strange woman.
(c) Russell's former boss.
(d) Russell's sister.
12. When Savannah arrives at the hotel, what is she surprised to see?
(a) A bouquet of roses with her name on them.
(b) There is a cover charge.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend.
(d) A limosine waiting for her.
13. Why does Philip need to be called?
(a) Gloria needs to set up a hair appointment with Philip.
(b) To let him know that Gloria is running late.
(c) Gloria needs some repair work done on her home.
(d) There is a water leak at the salon.
14. By what is Bernadine outraged?
(a) John making decisions without discussing them with her.
(b) John moving the family without consulting her.
(c) John's thoughtlessness towards her needs.
(d) John's nonchalance at the destruction of their life.
15. Where does Bernadine discover that John has been devious in his financial matters that will impact the scope of the divorce settlement?
(a) In the divorce hearing.
(b) At a meeting with John.
(c) When she speaks with John's mother.
(d) During her first meeting with her divorce attorney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin Stokes' boyfriend, Russell, refuse to do?
2. When they reach Phoenix, Savannah drives to a travel agency to purchase an airline ticket for Lionel's return to Denver. For what does Lionel ask?
3. What about Michael repulses Robin?
4. Why is Savannah satisfied with moving to Phoenix and taking a $12,000 pay cut?
5. On her way home, what does Bernadine do?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)