|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloria think about after Tarik leaves to be with his friends?
(a) Her hopes that Tarik will not get into trouble with the police.
(b) Whether or not Tarik will visit his father.
(c) Her hopes that Tarik will behave responsibly and not jeopardize his future by getting a girl pregnant.
(d) Whether or not Tarik will graduate from high school.
2. Why does Lionel use Savannah for transportation to get to Arizona?
(a) He does not have the money to travel on his own.
(b) He wants to get to know her better.
(c) He wants to spend time with her.
(d) He has no one else to travel with.
3. What does Savannah's brother-in-law do for Savannah?
(a) He suggests that Savannah call Lionel.
(b) He buys her a new dress to wear to the party.
(c) He suggests Savannah go to the party.
(d) He call Leonard for her.
4. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
(b) The number of executive positions.
(c) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
(d) Her confidence in herself.
5. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
(b) Mildly suspicious.
6. Who hosts the gathering?
(a) A Phoenix family organization.
(c) A black businessperson's organization.
(d) The Oasis Salon.
7. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(c) Staying up late.
8. What is Gloria shocked to find?
(a) Tarik has dropped out of school.
(b) Tarik has joined the Bloods gang.
(c) Tarik's girlfriend is pregnant.
(d) Tarik has been expelled from school for being in a gang.
9. Why is Savannah's first impression is one of being pleasantly surprised?
(a) The band playing is very good.
(b) Not many blind dates turn out being as handsome as Lionel is.
(c) The party is beautiful.
(d) The party is serving her favorite hors d'Å“uvre.
10. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes?
(a) Calls John to come pick them up.
(b) Folds them and puts them in a suitcase.
(c) Dumps them into John's BMW.
(d) Throws them in the trash.
11. What has John just informed Bernadine?
(a) He is moving the family to Scottsdale.
(b) He is quitting his job.
(c) He is moving out.
(d) He is leaving her for his bookkeeper.
12. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Antonio.
13. Who does Bernadine see at the bar that she knows?
(a) Hannah Wright.
(b) Herbert Webster.
(c) Sarah Hughes.
(d) Harold Carrison.
14. What does Gloria learn about Desiree?
(a) She is late once again.
(b) She is sick again.
(c) She has quit.
(d) She has bought a home.
15. Where do Robin, Bernadine, Savannah, and Gloria agree to meet for Happy Hour?
(a) At a bar called Pendleton's.
(b) At a quiet restaurant.
(c) At a classy restaurant.
(d) At Bernadine's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Savannah Jackson dressing to attend?
2. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
3. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
4. Why does Gloria tell Savannah about an organization called Black Women on the Move?
5. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)