|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
(a) She had not realized she would miss him so much.
(b) She is jealous that he has found another woman so soon after breaking up with Robin.
(c) She now understands that she loves him.
(d) She does not want to see him, and is upset that he now is at the same bar she is.
2. From whom does Savannah receive a phone call, inviting her to dinner?
(d) Her brother.
3. Why is Robin apprehensive about Michael?
(a) She does not know much about him.
(b) He is recently divorced.
(c) He is not handsome like the men she had always dated in the past.
(d) She just got out of a bad relationship.
4. What does Bernadine do after kicking the mirror on the door?
(a) She picks up the broken pieces of glass.
(b) She sits on her bed and cries.
(c) She drives to the Circle K Store to get some cigarettes.
(d) She calls her best friend.
5. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
(a) He has already quit his job and will begin looking for a new one today.
(b) He is meeting with his lawyer to draw up divorce papers.
(c) He will return in a week to pick up his personal items.
(d) He is moving the family today, so he can begin his new job tomorrow.
6. How does Bernadine feel when she learns this about John?
(a) Not surprised and annoyed.
(b) Sad and depressed.
(c) Ashamed and fearful.
(d) Hurt and shocked.
7. What does Gloria do before donning a robe and going downstairs?
(a) She brushes her teeth.
(b) She swallows a blood pressure pill.
(c) She looks at herself in the mirror.
(d) She calls Philip.
8. Where does Bernadine discover that John has been devious in his financial matters that will impact the scope of the divorce settlement?
(a) In the divorce hearing.
(b) When she speaks with John's mother.
(c) At a meeting with John.
(d) During her first meeting with her divorce attorney.
9. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
(a) Four hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Four million dollars.
(c) Eight hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Forty thousand dollars.
10. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes?
(a) Dumps them into John's BMW.
(b) Throws them in the trash.
(c) Calls John to come pick them up.
(d) Folds them and puts them in a suitcase.
11. Where does Bernadine take her children?
(a) To school.
(b) To her friend's home.
(c) To her mother's home.
(d) On a vacation.
12. For how long does Gloria ground Tarik?
(a) She does not ground him.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
13. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
(a) She has left the stove on.
(b) Savannah has arrived and the two old friends sit on the patio and talk until dawn.
(c) Her children will not be upset about the divorce.
(d) She no longer has a husband to deal with.
14. Where do Savannah and Robin meet?
(a) On the country club golf course.
(b) In the steam room at their health club.
(c) At Pendleton's.
(d) At Robin's home.
15. Why does Robin tolerate Russell's indifference?
(a) She does not think she can attract anyone else.
(b) He is her boss.
(c) She wants to be married and have children.
(d) He is handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernadine's mother, Geneva, feel about the excuse her daughter gives for leaving her children with her?
2. How is Michael different from the other men Robin has dated?
3. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
4. What has John just informed Bernadine?
5. To where does Robin invite herself, much to Savannah's chagrin?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)