|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernadine is torn between wanting to kick John out and what?
(a) Begging him to stay.
(b) Calling the police.
(c) Ordering him to stay.
(d) Moving out herself.
2. Where do Gloria, Bernadine, and Robin catch up with one another?
(a) At work.
(b) At lunch in a restaurant.
(c) At Gloria's home.
(d) In the mall's food court.
3. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
(a) That she will not get much of his money.
(b) That their divorce is inevitable.
(c) His offer to settle out of court with a check for three hundred thousand dollars.
(d) His relationship with Kathleen.
4. What does Robin tell Savannah while they wait for Bernadine and Gloria to arrive?
(a) The story of her friendships with Bernadine and Gloria.
(b) About her career and how much she loves it.
(c) Her life story and her sense of urgency to marry and have children.
(d) Not much, because she does not know Robin well.
5. Where does Bernadine discover that John has been devious in his financial matters that will impact the scope of the divorce settlement?
(a) During her first meeting with her divorce attorney.
(b) When she speaks with John's mother.
(c) In the divorce hearing.
(d) At a meeting with John.
6. From whom does Tarik tell Gloria that she had some phone calls?
(c) Robin and Philip.
7. For what does Savannah long?
(a) New friends.
(b) A better job.
(c) More excitement in her life.
(d) A real man in her life.
8. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
(a) He wants to spend time with Savannah.
(b) He enjoys road trips.
(c) He wants to get out of Denver.
(d) He has never been there before.
9. What is Gloria shocked to find?
(a) Tarik has been expelled from school for being in a gang.
(b) Tarik has joined the Bloods gang.
(c) Tarik has dropped out of school.
(d) Tarik's girlfriend is pregnant.
10. What do Bernadine and Gloria claim about Ted?
(a) He is Mr. Wrong.
(b) He is just another in a string of boyfriends.
(c) He is lying to Robin.
(d) He is Robin's Mr. Right.
11. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
(a) It has a for sale sign in front of it.
(b) It is larger than she had expected.
(c) A woman answers the door.
(d) It is much smaller and sparsely furnished than she had been led to believe.
12. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
(a) He has been wanting a new career but did not want to disrupt his family life.
(b) He has always been a kind man who treated his wife like a queen.
(c) He attempts to achieve the life enjoyed by successful white men like Donald Trump.
(d) He has been a womanizer who believes women are subordinate to men.
13. How does Bernadine react to Gloria's suggestion that she find a better job?
(a) With fury.
(b) With confusion.
(c) With sadness.
(d) With insecurity.
14. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
(a) Puts them out on the street for sale.
(b) Puts them in the garage.
(c) Drenches the clothing and the car in lighter fluid, throws a match inside the car.
(d) Drives the car and the clothes in the river.
15. What does Savannah vow to stop doing in the new year?
(a) Staying up late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernadine do after kicking the mirror on the door?
2. How does Savannah respond when Robin suggests that perhaps they should consider dating white men?
3. Who is Kenneth Dawkins?
4. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
5. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)