|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robin's reason for waking Michael one morning?
(a) He has to get up early for work.
(b) She wants to tell him she loves him.
(c) She plans on telling him she does no longer wants to see him.
(d) She wants to make him breakfast in bed.
2. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
(a) He will return in a week to pick up his personal items.
(b) He is meeting with his lawyer to draw up divorce papers.
(c) He has already quit his job and will begin looking for a new one today.
(d) He is moving the family today, so he can begin his new job tomorrow.
3. What about Michael repulses Robin?
(a) His incessant talking.
(b) His eating habits.
(c) His overweight body.
(d) His clothing style.
4. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
(a) For dropping out of school.
(b) For arguing with her.
(c) For not coming home to see his father.
(d) For not coming home.
5. What does Gloria do before donning a robe and going downstairs?
(a) She looks at herself in the mirror.
(b) She brushes her teeth.
(c) She calls Philip.
(d) She swallows a blood pressure pill.
6. What has Bernadine's attorney discovered about John?
(a) An extensive network of assets.
(b) He had been married before.
(c) He spent all of his money.
(d) He is married again.
7. Why does Bernadine sideline her own wish to open a catering business?
(a) She does not have the training to run a catering business.
(b) She becomes pregnant with John's two children and did not have time to start up her business.
(c) John never feels that the time is right to take the risk.
(d) John thinks she would be better in real estate.
8. What does Savannah feel has diminished?
(a) The amount of good restaurants in the city.
(b) The number of executive positions.
(c) The amount of men who just want to be friends.
(d) Her confidence in herself.
9. Why is Savannah's first impression is one of being pleasantly surprised?
(a) The band playing is very good.
(b) The party is serving her favorite hors d'Å“uvre.
(c) Not many blind dates turn out being as handsome as Lionel is.
(d) The party is beautiful.
10. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
(a) She now understands that she loves him.
(b) She is jealous that he has found another woman so soon after breaking up with Robin.
(c) She does not want to see him, and is upset that he now is at the same bar she is.
(d) She had not realized she would miss him so much.
11. From whom does Savannah receive a phone call, inviting her to dinner?
(c) Her brother.
12. How is Michael different from the other men Robin has dated?
(a) He has a steady job.
(b) He is more attractive.
(c) He brings her flowers.
(d) He seems genuinely interested in her welfare.
13. By what is Bernadine outraged?
(a) John's thoughtlessness towards her needs.
(b) John moving the family without consulting her.
(c) John's nonchalance at the destruction of their life.
(d) John making decisions without discussing them with her.
14. For what does Savannah long?
(a) A better job.
(b) A real man in her life.
(c) More excitement in her life.
(d) New friends.
15. Why is Tarik outraged?
(a) His mother does not believe him.
(b) He and his friends' First Amendment rights have been violated.
(c) HIs friends have left him to deal with the authorities.
(d) He is expelled for no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
2. What does Gloria think about after Tarik leaves to be with his friends?
3. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
4. When Savannah arrives at the hotel, what is she surprised to see?
5. Why does Bernadine not remember leaving her two small children asleep in their beds and has a difficult time remembering how to get back home?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)