|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bernadine unhappy with her job as a controller for a real estate management company?
(a) The hours are long, and it is a tiring job.
(b) She does not feel adequately trained for the job.
(c) The job denies her creative talents and plunges her into even more stress of working full time and taking care of the kids and the house.
(d) Her employees are shallow and fake.
2. What do Bernadine and Gloria claim about Ted?
(a) He is just another in a string of boyfriends.
(b) He is Robin's Mr. Right.
(c) He is Mr. Wrong.
(d) He is lying to Robin.
3. What is Savannah Jackson dressing to attend?
(a) A Christmas party.
(b) An office party.
(c) A New Year's Eve party.
(d) A birthday party.
4. For what does Savannah long?
(a) A better job.
(b) New friends.
(c) A real man in her life.
(d) More excitement in her life.
5. Who sends Robin an anonymous letter detailing Russell's financial and personal instability?
(a) Russell's sister.
(b) A strange woman.
(c) Russell's former boss.
(d) Her friend.
6. Why does Lionel tell Savannah he would like to ride with her to Phoenix?
(a) He has never been there before.
(b) He wants to spend time with Savannah.
(c) He wants to get out of Denver.
(d) He enjoys road trips.
7. From whom does Savannah receive a phone call, inviting her to dinner?
(d) Her brother.
8. As Savannah looks at her reflection in the mirror, she is pleased overall but what does she wish?
(a) She had gone to the salon to get her hair styled.
(b) She had a prettier nose.
(c) She had bought a new necklace.
(d) She had bigger breasts and less rear end.
9. What does Bernadine do after locking herself in her bedroom?
(a) She writes in her journal.
(b) She examines her face and naked body in a mirror and curses her new single status.
(c) She calls her best friend.
(d) She calls her mother.
10. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
(a) Eight hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Forty thousand dollars.
(c) Four million dollars.
(d) Four hundred thousand dollars.
11. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
(a) Puts them in the garage.
(b) Puts them out on the street for sale.
(c) Drives the car and the clothes in the river.
(d) Drenches the clothing and the car in lighter fluid, throws a match inside the car.
12. Who does Bernadine see at the bar that she knows?
(a) Herbert Webster.
(b) Sarah Hughes.
(c) Hannah Wright.
(d) Harold Carrison.
13. How does Bernadine feel when she learns this about John?
(a) Hurt and shocked.
(b) Not surprised and annoyed.
(c) Sad and depressed.
(d) Ashamed and fearful.
14. What does Savannah hope the new year will bring?
(a) A career that she can enjoy and do until retirement.
(b) New and exciting experiences to reminisce the rest of her life.
(c) A man she can love, and who will love her completely in return.
(d) New friends in Phoenix.
15. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
(a) It is larger than she had expected.
(b) It is much smaller and sparsely furnished than she had been led to believe.
(c) It has a for sale sign in front of it.
(d) A woman answers the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Savannah's first impression is one of being pleasantly surprised?
2. Why is Robin upset about seeing Michael?
3. Arriving at John's software company, what does Bernadine do?
4. Why is Robin's mother always pleased to see Robin?
5. Where does Bernadine discover that John has been devious in his financial matters that will impact the scope of the divorce settlement?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)