|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Happy Hour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernadine take to calm her nerves?
(a) Two Xanax tablets.
(b) A yoga class.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) A phone call from her mother.
2. What does Bernadine do with John's clothes and his car?
(a) Puts them out on the street for sale.
(b) Puts them in the garage.
(c) Drives the car and the clothes in the river.
(d) Drenches the clothing and the car in lighter fluid, throws a match inside the car.
3. Why does Gloria tell Savannah about an organization called Black Women on the Move?
(a) She is president of the organization.
(b) Savannah may be interested.
(c) Savannah might have heard of the organization.
(d) She wants to start a chapter in Phoenix.
4. What does Savannah notice when she picks up Lionel at his house?
(a) It is much smaller and sparsely furnished than she had been led to believe.
(b) It is larger than she had expected.
(c) A woman answers the door.
(d) It has a for sale sign in front of it.
5. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
(a) Her children will not be upset about the divorce.
(b) She no longer has a husband to deal with.
(c) Savannah has arrived and the two old friends sit on the patio and talk until dawn.
(d) She has left the stove on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
2. What does John urge Bernadine to accept?
3. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
4. Who hosts the gathering?
5. Why do Savannah's mother and sister, Sheila, worry about Savannah still being unmarried?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)