|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Happy Hour.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
(a) For not coming home.
(b) For not coming home to see his father.
(c) For arguing with her.
(d) For dropping out of school.
2. About what does Gloria talk to Tarik?
(a) His father moving in with them.
(b) His new girlfriend and his responsibilities as a man.
(c) Colleges he is considering attending.
(d) His slipping grades and the need for him to begin to consider some career options.
3. What does Robin do when the tires on her car are slit one day?
(a) She replaces the tires.
(b) She finds the strange woman.
(c) She kicks Russell out of her home.
(d) She calls the police.
4. Why do Robin and Savannah promise to meet?
(a) Robin has heard all about Savannah.
(b) So that Robin can help acclimate Savannah to the Phoenix area.
(c) So that Robin can help Savannah find a home.
(d) Robin is helping Savannah find a job.
5. Who does Gloria Mathews yell at to turn down his stereo and call Philip?
(a) Her husband, David.
(b) Her thirteen-year-old daughter, Tarik.
(c) Her sister who is living with her.
(d) Her fifteen-year-old son, Tarik.
Short Answer Questions
1. The attorney tells Bernadine that John had sold his partnership in the software company for only three thousand dollars and is now a regular salaried employee making eighty thousand dollars. How much had a previously been making?
2. By what is Bernadine outraged?
3. When does Gloria become pregnant with Tarik?
4. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
5. Why must Savannah travel to Phoenix on her own?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)