|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Discovery.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sensations Bernadine has are similar to what event?
(a) The time her high school sweetheart broke up with her.
(b) The time her father moved out.
(c) The time she moved from her childhood home.
(d) The time she almost drowned years ago while swimming with a friend.
2. What does Gloria discover about Tarik's whereabouts the night before?
(a) He went to Las Vegas with his friends.
(b) He was out on the streets all night.
(c) He had not been with the friend he told her last night but instead had spent time with a girl.
(d) He was at a party.
3. What does Bernadine do after kicking the mirror on the door?
(a) She sits on her bed and cries.
(b) She calls her best friend.
(c) She picks up the broken pieces of glass.
(d) She drives to the Circle K Store to get some cigarettes.
4. How does John's behavior fit perfectly with his actions of the past several years?
(a) He has been wanting a new career but did not want to disrupt his family life.
(b) He has been a womanizer who believes women are subordinate to men.
(c) He attempts to achieve the life enjoyed by successful white men like Donald Trump.
(d) He has always been a kind man who treated his wife like a queen.
5. Why does Tarik apologize to his mother?
(a) For dropping out of school.
(b) For arguing with her.
(c) For not coming home to see his father.
(d) For not coming home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bernadine returns home, what does she realize?
2. What does John announce that jolts Bernadine back to reality?
3. What is Robin and Michael's first evening date?
4. Why will Philip not be at work for a few days?
5. What has John just informed Bernadine?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)