Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tengo study during his breaks?
2. Why is Tengo happy about the chance to continue his education?
3. How much time has passed since Tengo arrived at school?
4. Tengo no longer has to choose between his people and _________________.
5. Tengo must choose between his personal desire for an education and _____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tengo subdue the soldier in the shed and what shock does he get when he recognizes him?
2. What does Tengo learn about Emma when he visits her in Chapter 15?
3. How does Frikkie symbolize the attitudes of the whites in South Africa during apartheid?
4. Where does Tengo hide when he is being chased by a soldier during the angry encounter?
5. Where does Tengo learn that the reverend is when he tries to return some books?
6. What does Tengo decide to do instead of pursue his education abroad?
7. What causes Tengo to question whether he will be able to go to school abroad?
8. What does Tengo attempt to explain to Frikkie when they are trapped in a shed together?
9. What is Tengo able to vent about his family's life when he is closed in the shed with Frikkie?
10. What warning does Tengo give Frikkie when he lets him go and what decision does Tengo make about his future?
Create a character study of Tengo. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Tengo?
WAITING FOR THE RAIN is a classic example of historical fiction. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Create a character study of Oom Koos. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Oom Koos?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)