|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
2. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
3. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
4. Who is Timothy?
5. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Tengo?
2. How does Frikkie feel about the changes occurring in the world?
3. How does Tengo feel, knowing that he has to make a choice between going to school and protesting for his people?
4. What does Tengo learn about Joseph and the organization with which he is associated?
5. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
6. What do the protesters think the students should do and how does Tengo feel about it?
7. How much time has passed since the last chapter and what does Tengo no longer note about living in Johannesburg?
8. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
9. Who is Frikkie?
10. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Dr. Miller. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Dr. Miller?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Tengo. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Tengo?
Essay Topic 3
Choose three characters from the book and then project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for their lives. Be sure to include geography, marital status, work, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)