|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom will Tengo live while attending school in Johannesburg?
(a) The oubaas' daughter.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His aunt's family.
(d) Dr. and Mrs. Miller.
2. What does Joseph think that blacks should do?
(a) Take back what was theirs all along.
(b) Get the best education possible.
(c) Maintain a low profile.
(d) Marry white people.
3. What does Tengo spend his time doing when school starts again?
(b) Playing soccer.
4. Tengo is faced with making a choice that leaves him indecisive and __________________.
5. What is Claire's proposed occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tengo think when Joseph is gone so often from home?
2. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
3. What is unique about the choice Tengo has to make?
4. Why does Tengo's mother want him to return to the farm?
5. Where does Frikkie go for a brief vacation after his military training?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tengo's need to make a choice a sad and unfair situation?
2. What are Frikkie and Tengo doin in their lives now that they are seventeen-years-old?
3. What is the source of Tengo's angry moods?
4. How does Tengo act when Frikke comes to the farm for another school vacation?
5. Why do Dr. and Mrs. Miller encourage Tengo to study art in school?
6. What does Tengo encounter one day when he arrives at school?
7. Why does Tengo have to ignore his mother's feelings before he departs for school?
8. What does Tengo suspect about Joseph who is rarely home these days?
9. What arises which makes Tengo lose focus on his studies?
10. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)