|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for Tengo's train ticket?
(a) The oubaas.
(b) The school master.
(c) Dr. Miller.
(d) His father.
2. Who is the Millers' daughter?
3. What happens when Frikkie comes for another vacation at the farm?
(a) Tengo is reluctant to play with him.
(b) He and Tengo read books.
(c) Tengo teaches him to milk a cow.
(d) He and Tengo go hunting.
4. Joseph tells Tengo that one day blacks will take over the _____________________.
(a) City government.
(c) Homes where the whites live.
(d) Country's education system.
5. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since Tengo arrived at school?
2. What does Tengo no longer notice in Johannesburg?
3. What is the greatest need of Tengo's family and friends?
4. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
5. What does Tengo think about the student protesters suggestion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tengo feel, knowing that he has to make a choice between going to school and protesting for his people?
2. What does Claire share with Tengo about an integrated community and what is Joseph's opinion of it?
3. How does Frikkie adjust to the changes occurring in his world?
4. Why is Tengo conflicted about his personal desires and the issues for the greater good?
5. What are Frikkie and Tengo doin in their lives now that they are seventeen-years-old?
6. What does Tengo devote his time to when school starts again?
7. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
8. What does Tengo suspect about Joseph who is rarely home these days?
9. With whom does Tengo continue his studies after the schools reopen?
10. What is the source of Tengo's angry moods?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)