|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the oubaas' current boss-boy?
(a) Tengo's uncle.
(b) Frikkie's father.
(c) Frikkie's uncle.
(d) Tengo's father.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason Tengo considers continuing his education?
(a) He will do it for his country.
(b) He wants to get an education.
(c) He will do it abroad.
(d) He can date smart girls.
3. How old is Tengo in Chapter 10?
4. Tengo knows that life will be better if blacks ______________________.
(a) Can achieve their goals.
(b) Owned businesses.
(c) Could vote.
(d) Stayed in their place.
5. Why does Tengo end his relationship with his girlfriend?
(a) She wanted to get married right away.
(b) He wants to devote all his time to study.
(c) She was flirting with other guys.
(d) He is frightened when his cousin becomes pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Life staying familiar is ____________________ for Frikkie.
2. Why is Tengo happy about the chance to continue his education?
3. When does Frikkie return to the farm, heartbroken to find that Tengo has gone away to school?
4. Tengo's mother tells _______________ that Tengo is determined to go to school.
5. Tengo also feels _______________ at the beginning of Chapter 7.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dr. Miller starkly different from the oubaas and his wife?
2. What does Tengo suspect about Joseph who is rarely home these days?
3. What do the protesters think the students should do and how does Tengo feel about it?
4. What are Frikkie and Tengo doin in their lives now that they are seventeen-years-old?
5. What arises which makes Tengo lose focus on his studies?
6. What does Tengo devote his time to when school starts again?
7. What do the oubaas notice about Tengo's mood in Chapter 7?
8. What reason does the reverend give Tengo on the importance of him continuing his education?
9. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
10. What does Tengo encounter one day when he arrives at school?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)