|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tengo stops studying and feels __________________.
2. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
(a) One for all ethnicities.
(b) One solely for whites.
(c) One that integrates blacks and whites.
(d) One solely for blacks.
3. What does Joseph think that blacks should do?
(a) Get the best education possible.
(b) Marry white people.
(c) Take back what was theirs all along.
(d) Maintain a low profile.
4. What does Tengo spend his time doing when school starts again?
(a) Playing soccer.
5. Why does Tengo end his relationship with his girlfriend?
(a) She was flirting with other guys.
(b) She wanted to get married right away.
(c) He wants to devote all his time to study.
(d) He is frightened when his cousin becomes pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consumes most of Tengo's time at school?
2. Why is Tengo mad at Frikkie when he comes for a short vacation at the farm?
3. What is unique about the choice Tengo has to make?
4. According to Tengo, some of his friends and family believe that the white man will never allow blacks to have ____________________________.
5. What does Frikkie have difficulty in accepting when he realizes that Tengo is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Dr. and Mrs. Miller encourage Tengo to study art in school?
2. What does Tengo think about what the protesters believe the whites will never allow blacks to have?
3. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
4. Why does Tengo have to ignore his mother's feelings before he departs for school?
5. What does Tengo suspect about Joseph who is rarely home these days?
6. Why does Tengo end his relationship with Emma?
7. How does Frikkie feel about the changes occurring in the world?
8. Why is Tengo conflicted about his personal desires and the issues for the greater good?
9. How does Tengo feel, knowing that he has to make a choice between going to school and protesting for his people?
10. What does Tengo encounter one day when he arrives at school?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)