|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Frikkie in Chapter 10?
2. Tengo also feels _______________ at the beginning of Chapter 7.
3. What does Dr. Miller offer to pay for Tengo?
(a) His meals.
(b) His school books.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His dormitory fee.
4. What occurs at the farm to threaten its survival?
(a) Grasshopper storms.
(c) A drought.
(d) Cholera outbreak.
5. Tengo has waited for the moment to ________________________.
(a) Join the protest groups.
(b) Write his thesis.
(c) Travel the country.
(d) Kiss a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice is Tengo given by the reverend?
2. How many years does Frikkie have to wait after his school years until he can return to the farm permanently?
3. Joseph tells Tengo that he can make arrangements for him to finish his education ________________ through the ANC.
4. Which friend of Tengo's asks him to join a group?
5. Who takes Tengo to the train on the day of his departure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Tengo struggle with after the school closes?
2. How does Frikkie feel about the changes occurring in the world?
3. What does Tengo devote his time to when school starts again?
4. Why is Tengo's need to make a choice a sad and unfair situation?
5. Why do Dr. and Mrs. Miller encourage Tengo to study art in school?
6. How is Dr. Miller starkly different from the oubaas and his wife?
7. How does Tengo act when Frikke comes to the farm for another school vacation?
8. Why does Tengo end his relationship with Emma?
9. What do the oubaas notice about Tengo's mood in Chapter 7?
10. Who is Elijah and what groups does he invite Tengo to join?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)