|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Tengo unable to write his matriculation exam?
(a) He had the flu.
(b) He missed the session.
(c) The government protests.
(d) He had to return to the farm.
2. Tengo no longer has to choose between his people and _________________.
3. What is Claire's proposed occupation?
4. Frikkie learns that Tengo wants to study in ___________________.
5. Where does Tengo want to go to school?
(a) Port St. Johns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the choice Tengo has to make?
2. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
3. How much time has passed since Tengo arrived at school?
4. Joseph says that black schools teach blacks ___________________________.
5. When schools reopen, they are closed again soon afterward because __________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the oubaas notice about Tengo's mood in Chapter 7?
2. What arises which makes Tengo lose focus on his studies?
3. How does Tengo feel, knowing that he has to make a choice between going to school and protesting for his people?
4. Why does Joseph's offer to help Tengo continue his education bring such relief to Tengo?
5. Why does Tengo end his relationship with Emma?
6. How does Tengo act when Frikke comes to the farm for another school vacation?
7. What does Tengo think about what the protesters believe the whites will never allow blacks to have?
8. How does Tengo get caught up in the protests at the school?
9. What is the source of Tengo's angry moods?
10. What does Tengo suspect about Joseph who is rarely home these days?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)