|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Tengo study before taking his first break?
2. With whom will Tengo live while attending school in Johannesburg?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Miller.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His aunt's family.
(d) The oubaas' daughter.
3. What does Frikkie want during this time?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) An extended holiday.
(c) For things to remain the same.
(d) A better-paying job.
4. What does ANC stand for?
(a) African Nationalists Convention.
(b) African National Congress.
(c) Artists Never Compromise.
(d) African Naval Commission.
5. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph think that blacks should do?
2. How does Tengo leave the schoolyard?
3. Who is the Millers' daughter?
4. According to Tengo, some of his friends and family believe that the white man will never allow blacks to have ____________________________.
5. What is Claire's proposed occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tengo learn about Joseph and the organization with which he is associated?
2. Why does Tengo have to ignore his mother's feelings before he departs for school?
3. What is the source of Tengo's angry moods?
4. How much time has passed since the last chapter and what does Tengo no longer note about living in Johannesburg?
5. What does Claire share with Tengo about an integrated community and what is Joseph's opinion of it?
6. What arises which makes Tengo lose focus on his studies?
7. What does Tengo devote his time to when school starts again?
8. What reason does the reverend give Tengo on the importance of him continuing his education?
9. What do the oubaas notice about Tengo's mood in Chapter 7?
10. How does Tengo get caught up in the protests at the school?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)