|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tengo also feels _______________ at the beginning of Chapter 7.
2. What do the Millers encourage Tengo to study in school?
3. Tengo no longer has to choose between his people and _________________.
4. What is the greatest need of Tengo's family and friends?
5. Why is Tengo mad at Frikkie when he comes for a short vacation at the farm?
(a) Frikkie can ride a horse better than Tengo.
(b) Frikkie weighs more than Tengo.
(c) Frikkie can run faster than Tengo.
(d) Frikkie is taller than Tengo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
2. Why was Tengo unable to write his matriculation exam?
3. What exam does Frikkie complete?
4. What is Claire's proposed occupation?
5. Tengo must choose between his personal desire for an education and _____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tengo suspect about Joseph who is rarely home these days?
2. What arises which makes Tengo lose focus on his studies?
3. How does Frikkie adjust to the changes occurring in his world?
4. What does Tengo learn about Joseph and the organization with which he is associated?
5. How does Tengo get caught up in the protests at the school?
6. What does Tengo devote his time to when school starts again?
7. Why does Tengo spend his school breaks studying with the help of a local preacher?
8. What are Frikkie and Tengo doin in their lives now that they are seventeen-years-old?
9. How does Frikkie feel about the changes occurring in the world?
10. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)