|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the student protests?
(a) College students protesting tuition hikes.
(b) Black students protesting segregated classrooms.
(c) Black students protesting the government.
(d) Segregated dormitories at schools.
2. How old is Tengo in Chapter 10?
3. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
(a) Nelson Manson.
(b) Nelson Marzetti.
(c) Nelson Mankowitz.
(d) Nelson Mandela.
4. What does Tengo spend his time doing when school starts again?
(b) Playing soccer.
5. When schools reopen, they are closed again soon afterward because __________________________.
(a) A cholera epidemic breaks out.
(b) More protests break out.
(c) It is monsoon season.
(d) There is an influenza epidemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a soldier not allow Tengo to do?
2. What does Tengo think when Joseph is gone so often from home?
3. Tengo also feels _______________ at the beginning of Chapter 7.
4. What happens when Frikkie comes for another vacation at the farm?
5. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frikkie have to do after completing his education and what does he learn about Tengo's plans for schooling?
2. What are Frikkie and Tengo doin in their lives now that they are seventeen-years-old?
3. How does Frikkie adjust to the changes occurring in his world?
4. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
5. Who is Elijah and what groups does he invite Tengo to join?
6. Why does Tengo end his relationship with Emma?
7. What do the oubaas notice about Tengo's mood in Chapter 7?
8. How does Frikkie feel about the changes occurring in the world?
9. What reason does the reverend give Tengo on the importance of him continuing his education?
10. Why does Tengo have to ignore his mother's feelings before he departs for school?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)