|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire's proposed occupation?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason Tengo considers continuing his education?
(a) He will do it abroad.
(b) He will do it for his country.
(c) He wants to get an education.
(d) He can date smart girls.
3. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
(a) Create straight-A students.
(b) Instill confidence in black children.
(c) Teach equality among races.
(d) Teach blacks just enough to do menial jobs.
4. Tengo also feels _______________ at the beginning of Chapter 7.
5. The reverend tells Tengo that a new black government will need ________________________ to survive.
(a) Public relations.
(c) Educated people.
(d) Financial backing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Life staying familiar is ____________________ for Frikkie.
2. What is Tengo's first stop once he arrives in Johannesburg?
3. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
4. What do many of the student protesters suggest for the students?
5. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much time has passed since the last chapter and what does Tengo no longer note about living in Johannesburg?
2. With whom does Tengo continue his studies after the schools reopen?
3. What does Tengo think about what the protesters believe the whites will never allow blacks to have?
4. What are Frikkie and Tengo doin in their lives now that they are seventeen-years-old?
5. What reason does the reverend give Tengo on the importance of him continuing his education?
6. What does Tengo encounter one day when he arrives at school?
7. What do the protesters think the students should do and how does Tengo feel about it?
8. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
9. What does Claire share with Tengo about an integrated community and what is Joseph's opinion of it?
10. How does Frikkie feel about the changes occurring in the world?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)