|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many of the student protesters suggest for the students?
(a) They should write letters to the government.
(b) They leave school until they can be given a better education.
(c) They should not be out on the streets after dark.
(d) They should picket the school buildings.
2. Why does Frikkie have to wait after his school years to return to the farm permanently?
(a) He needs a specialized degree.
(b) He is forced to serve two years in the army.
(c) He wants to travel internationally.
(d) He wants to teach for awhile.
3. According to Tengo, some of his friends and family believe that the white man will never allow blacks to have ____________________________.
(a) The kind of education they deserve.
(b) Voting rights.
4. With which girl from his class does Tengo study?
5. Why is Tengo happy about the chance to continue his education?
(a) He will be able to stay in Johannesburg.
(b) He will get a travel gift from his family.
(c) It is all he has ever wanted.
(d) He will be able to run the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes a concern for Tengo regarding the student uprisings?
2. Tengo also feels _______________ at the beginning of Chapter 7.
3. What does ANC stand for?
4. The reverend tells Tengo that a new black government will need ________________________ to survive.
5. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
2. Why does Tengo have to ignore his mother's feelings before he departs for school?
3. Why does Tengo end his relationship with Emma?
4. What does Tengo think about what the protesters believe the whites will never allow blacks to have?
5. Why do Dr. and Mrs. Miller encourage Tengo to study art in school?
6. What does Tengo suspect about Joseph who is rarely home these days?
7. Why is Tengo's need to make a choice a sad and unfair situation?
8. What decision does Tengo struggle with after the school closes?
9. Why does Joseph's offer to help Tengo continue his education bring such relief to Tengo?
10. What does Tengo devote his time to when school starts again?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)