|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is angry when learning about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Mrs. Miller.
(c) The oubaas.
(d) Dr. Miller.
2. Tengo dreams of going abroad to a place where ____________________________.
(a) A black man can be President.
(b) He is not treated as less than human.
(c) It is warm all year long.
(d) There are many beaches.
3. How much time has passed since Tengo arrived at school?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
4. What do many of the student protesters suggest for the students?
(a) They should not be out on the streets after dark.
(b) They should picket the school buildings.
(c) They should write letters to the government.
(d) They leave school until they can be given a better education.
5. Why does Tengo's mother want him to return to the farm?
(a) To visit.
(b) To help his father.
(c) To tutor the young children.
(d) To take over the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tengo study during his breaks?
2. What is Tengo's first stop once he arrives in Johannesburg?
3. Which friend of Tengo's asks him to join a group?
4. Why is Tengo mad at Frikkie when he comes for a short vacation at the farm?
5. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tengo spend his school breaks studying with the help of a local preacher?
2. What arises which makes Tengo lose focus on his studies?
3. What decision does Tengo struggle with after the school closes?
4. What do the oubaas notice about Tengo's mood in Chapter 7?
5. How much time has passed since the last chapter and what does Tengo no longer note about living in Johannesburg?
6. What does Tengo suspect about Joseph who is rarely home these days?
7. With whom does Tengo continue his studies after the schools reopen?
8. What does Tengo learn about Joseph and the organization with which he is associated?
9. What do the protesters think the students should do and how does Tengo feel about it?
10. What does Frikkie have to do after completing his education and what does he learn about Tengo's plans for schooling?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)