|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) It is too far for a boy to travel.
(b) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
(c) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
(d) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
2. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Tengo considers continuing his education?
(a) He will do it for his country.
(b) He can date smart girls.
(c) He will do it abroad.
(d) He wants to get an education.
4. What is the greatest need of Tengo's family and friends?
5. With whom will Tengo live while attending school in Johannesburg?
(a) His aunt's family.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Miller.
(c) His uncle.
(d) The oubaas' daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
2. What is unique about the choice Tengo has to make?
3. Where does Frikkie go for a brief vacation after his military training?
4. What does Tengo give to Dr. and Mrs. Miller in appreciation for the books they had sent him?
5. What is Tengo's first stop once he arrives in Johannesburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tengo conflicted about his personal desires and the issues for the greater good?
2. What reason does the reverend give Tengo on the importance of him continuing his education?
3. What do the protesters think the students should do and how does Tengo feel about it?
4. What does Frikkie have to do after completing his education and what does he learn about Tengo's plans for schooling?
5. What decision does Tengo struggle with after the school closes?
6. What does Tengo think about what the protesters believe the whites will never allow blacks to have?
7. How much time has passed since the last chapter and what does Tengo no longer note about living in Johannesburg?
8. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
9. With whom does Tengo continue his studies after the schools reopen?
10. What is the source of Tengo's angry moods?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)