|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the oubaas' current boss-boy?
(a) Frikkie's uncle.
(b) Tengo's father.
(c) Frikkie's father.
(d) Tengo's uncle.
2. What is the nature of the student protests?
(a) Black students protesting segregated classrooms.
(b) College students protesting tuition hikes.
(c) Black students protesting the government.
(d) Segregated dormitories at schools.
3. How old is Tengo in Chapter 10?
4. Where does Frikkie go for a brief vacation after his military training?
(a) The Bahamas.
(c) The Seychelles.
(d) The farm.
5. Who is afraid that the threat will ruin the farm?
(a) Tengo's father.
(c) The oubaas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Tengo's asks him to join a group?
2. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
3. What does Joseph think that blacks should do?
4. What does Frikkie want during this time?
5. Tengo stops studying and feels __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tengo react when the soldiers open fire on the unarmed protesters?
2. What warning does Tengo give Frikkie when he lets him go and what decision does Tengo make about his future?
3. What does Tengo decide to do instead of pursue his education abroad?
4. Where does Tengo hide when he is being chased by a soldier during the angry encounter?
5. What does Tengo learn about Emma when he visits her in Chapter 15?
6. What causes Tengo to question whether he will be able to go to school abroad?
7. Where does Tengo learn that the reverend is when he tries to return some books?
8. How does Tengo subdue the soldier in the shed and what shock does he get when he recognizes him?
9. What prevents the mourners at the funeral from doing something they want to do?
10. How does Frikkie symbolize the attitudes of the whites in South Africa during apartheid?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)