|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is angry when learning about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Dr. Miller.
(b) The oubaas.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
2. What does Tengo now know about Joseph?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is working against the government.
(c) He is engaged to be married.
(d) He has committed a crime.
3. Where does Tengo want to go to school?
(b) Port St. Johns.
4. What is the name of the group Tengo is asked to join?
5. How old is Tengo's cousin when she becomes pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tengo has waited for the moment to ________________________.
2. How does Tengo feel about Joseph's offer?
3. What is the greatest need of Tengo's family and friends?
4. What is unique about the choice Tengo has to make?
5. What does Joseph offer to Tengo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frikkie have to do after completing his education and what does he learn about Tengo's plans for schooling?
2. With whom does Tengo continue his studies after the schools reopen?
3. Where is Tengo finally allowed to go to school and why does this make the oubaas angry?
4. How does Frikkie adjust to the changes occurring in his world?
5. How is Dr. Miller starkly different from the oubaas and his wife?
6. What does Tengo think is the only thing that will change the lives of his family members?
7. Why does Tengo end his relationship with Emma?
8. Who is Elijah and what groups does he invite Tengo to join?
9. Why is Tengo's need to make a choice a sad and unfair situation?
10. How does Tengo get caught up in the protests at the school?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)