|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
2. How much time has passed since Tengo arrived at school?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
3. Who pays for Tengo's train ticket?
(a) The oubaas.
(b) Dr. Miller.
(c) The school master.
(d) His father.
4. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
(a) Teach equality among races.
(b) Instill confidence in black children.
(c) Create straight-A students.
(d) Teach blacks just enough to do menial jobs.
5. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
(b) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
(c) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
(d) It is too far for a boy to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tengo knows that life will be better if blacks ______________________.
2. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
3. What job does Tengo do for the Millers?
4. What is the name of the group Tengo is asked to join?
5. Who takes Tengo to the train on the day of his departure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tengo subdue the soldier in the shed and what shock does he get when he recognizes him?
2. What causes Tengo to question whether he will be able to go to school abroad?
3. Where does Tengo hide when he is being chased by a soldier during the angry encounter?
4. What does Tengo learn about Emma when he visits her in Chapter 15?
5. What warning does Tengo give Frikkie when he lets him go and what decision does Tengo make about his future?
6. How does Tengo react when the soldiers open fire on the unarmed protesters?
7. What does Tengo decide to do instead of pursue his education abroad?
8. How does Frikkie symbolize the attitudes of the whites in South Africa during apartheid?
9. What is Tengo able to vent about his family's life when he is closed in the shed with Frikkie?
10. Where does Tengo learn that the reverend is when he tries to return some books?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)