|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the upcoming celebration in Chapter 6?
(b) National Patriot Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) The oubaas' birthday.
2. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) A museum.
(b) A theme park.
(c) The beach.
(d) His uncle's farm.
3. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) In bed with a fever.
(b) The library.
(c) A neighboring farm.
(d) The next village.
4. Where did the author live as a child?
(b) South Africa.
(c) South America.
5. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
2. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
3. Where does Joseph live?
4. Who is Timothy?
5. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
2. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
3. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
4. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
5. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
6. Who is Frikkie?
7. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
8. Who is Tengo?
9. Who is Joseph?
10. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)