|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(a) A prize marble.
(c) A book.
2. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
(a) He is white.
(b) He is very smart.
(c) He will inherit the farm one day.
(d) He is very generous.
3. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
(a) How to kill a chicken.
(b) How to milk a cow.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to saddle a horse.
4. Who is Joseph?
(a) Tengo's father.
(b) Tengo's brother.
(c) Tengo's cousin.
(d) Frikkie's father.
5. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Building a fire.
(b) Working with a hunk of clay.
(c) Plucking chickens.
(d) Feeding the cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
2. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
3. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
4. Who is Timothy?
5. Who is Oom Koos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
2. Who is Frikkie?
3. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
4. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
5. Who is Tengo?
6. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
7. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
8. How does Frikkie behave when encountering Tengo's anger when a girl insults an elder at the birthday party?
9. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
10. How are the differences between blacks and whites exhibited in the characters of Frikkie and Tengo?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)