|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A champagne glass.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A cup of punch.
(d) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
2. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
3. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His knife.
(b) His dominos.
(c) His marbles.
(d) His hat.
4. What is Frikkie's real name?
5. Where did the author live as a child?
(a) South America.
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
2. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
3. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
4. What is a kraal?
5. How old is Tengo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
2. Why is Tengo's need to make a choice a sad and unfair situation?
3. What do the protesters think the students should do and how does Tengo feel about it?
4. How does Tengo get caught up in the protests at the school?
5. What do the oubaas notice about Tengo's mood in Chapter 7?
6. Why is Tengo conflicted about his personal desires and the issues for the greater good?
7. What does Tengo devote his time to when school starts again?
8. Why do Dr. and Mrs. Miller encourage Tengo to study art in school?
9. How does Frikkie feel about the changes occurring in the world?
10. Where is Tengo finally allowed to go to school and why does this make the oubaas angry?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)