|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a kraal?
(a) A bird.
(b) A pastry.
(c) A plant.
(d) A stockade.
2. Who is Timothy?
(a) Frikkie's father.
(b) Tengo's brother.
(c) Frikkie's uncle.
(d) Tengo's father.
3. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(c) A book.
(d) A prize marble.
4. Who is Tengo?
(a) A chauffeur.
(b) A chef.
(c) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(d) A farmer.
5. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
(c) Build a raft.
(d) Skip rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the upcoming celebration in Chapter 6?
2. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
3. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
4. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
5. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joseph?
2. Why does Tengo spend his school breaks studying with the help of a local preacher?
3. What reason does the reverend give Tengo on the importance of him continuing his education?
4. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
5. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
6. How does Tengo get caught up in the protests at the school?
7. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
8. Why is Tengo conflicted about his personal desires and the issues for the greater good?
9. How does Tengo act when Frikke comes to the farm for another school vacation?
10. How are the differences between blacks and whites exhibited in the characters of Frikkie and Tengo?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)