|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A cat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bull.
2. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(a) A prize marble.
(d) A book.
3. Who is Oom Koos?
(a) A metal worker.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) The oubaas.
(d) A shopkeeper.
4. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) A neighboring farm.
(b) The library.
(c) In bed with a fever.
(d) The next village.
5. What is a kraal?
(a) A bird.
(b) A plant.
(c) A pastry.
(d) A stockade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
2. How old is Tengo?
3. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
4. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
5. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
2. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
3. How are the differences between blacks and whites exhibited in the characters of Frikkie and Tengo?
4. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
5. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
6. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
7. Who is Frikkie?
8. Who is Joseph?
9. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
10. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)