|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is hopeful.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He is happy.
2. What is Frikkie's real name?
3. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Durhams.
(b) The Boers.
(c) The Masai.
(d) The Kidus.
4. What is biltong?
(a) A flower.
(b) A tree.
(c) Cured meat.
(d) A cloak.
5. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
(b) They make good authority figures.
(c) They are more inventive than other people.
(d) They are not very good writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Timothy?
2. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
3. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
4. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
5. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Tengo?
2. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
3. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
4. How does Frikkie behave when encountering Tengo's anger when a girl insults an elder at the birthday party?
5. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
6. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
7. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
8. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
9. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
10. Who is Joseph?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)