|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Timothy?
(a) Tengo's brother.
(b) Tengo's father.
(c) Frikkie's father.
(d) Frikkie's uncle.
2. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) In bed with a fever.
(b) A neighboring farm.
(c) The library.
(d) The next village.
3. What is a kraal?
(a) A pastry.
(b) A bird.
(c) A stockade.
(d) A plant.
4. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
(a) He respects them.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He resents them.
5. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joseph?
2. Where does Joseph live?
3. What does Tengo do when Frikkie and the oubaas have their tea?
4. How old is Tengo?
5. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
2. How does Frikkie behave when encountering Tengo's anger when a girl insults an elder at the birthday party?
3. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
4. Who is Joseph?
5. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
6. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
7. Who is Tengo?
8. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
9. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
10. How are the differences between blacks and whites exhibited in the characters of Frikkie and Tengo?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)