|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joseph?
(a) Frikkie's father.
(b) Tengo's brother.
(c) Tengo's cousin.
(d) Tengo's father.
2. What is Frikkie's real name?
3. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A champagne glass.
(b) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
(c) A cup of punch.
(d) A piece of cake.
4. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(a) A book.
(d) A prize marble.
5. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Working with a hunk of clay.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Feeding the cattle.
(d) Plucking chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
2. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
3. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
4. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
5. How old is Tengo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the differences between blacks and whites exhibited in the characters of Frikkie and Tengo?
2. How does Frikkie behave when encountering Tengo's anger when a girl insults an elder at the birthday party?
3. Who is Joseph?
4. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
5. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
6. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
7. Why can Tengo not defend his people to the oubaas regarding the story of the Great Trek?
8. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
9. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
10. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)