|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He resents them.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He respects them.
2. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(a) A book.
(c) A prize marble.
3. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
4. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) The beach.
(b) A theme park.
(c) His uncle's farm.
(d) A museum.
5. Who is Tengo?
(a) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(b) A chef.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A chauffeur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
2. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
3. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
4. What is biltong?
5. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
2. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
3. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
4. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
5. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
6. How are the differences between blacks and whites exhibited in the characters of Frikkie and Tengo?
7. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
8. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
9. Who is Frikkie?
10. Who is Joseph?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)