|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A bull.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cat.
2. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Dr. David Miller.
(b) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
(c) Squire Harold Pinkington.
(d) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
3. Who is Tengo?
(a) A chef.
(b) A chauffeur.
(c) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(d) A farmer.
4. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
(a) He respects them.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He resents them.
(d) He hates them.
5. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(a) A prize marble.
(b) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
2. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
3. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
4. What is Frikkie's real name?
5. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
2. Why can Tengo not defend his people to the oubaas regarding the story of the Great Trek?
3. How does Frikkie behave when encountering Tengo's anger when a girl insults an elder at the birthday party?
4. Who is Tengo?
5. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
6. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
7. Who is Frikkie?
8. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
9. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
10. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)