|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
2. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(a) A book.
(d) A prize marble.
3. How old is Tengo?
4. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They are more inventive than other people.
(b) They make good authority figures.
(c) They are not very good writers.
(d) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
5. What is the upcoming celebration in Chapter 6?
(a) National Patriot Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) The oubaas' birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
2. What does Tengo do when Frikkie and the oubaas have their tea?
3. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
4. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
5. Who is Tengo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
2. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
3. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
4. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
5. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
6. Why can Tengo not defend his people to the oubaas regarding the story of the Great Trek?
7. Who is Joseph?
8. How are the differences between blacks and whites exhibited in the characters of Frikkie and Tengo?
9. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
10. Who is Tengo?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)