|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) A neighboring farm.
(b) In bed with a fever.
(c) The library.
(d) The next village.
2. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is hopeful.
3. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Ship of Tears.
(b) The Antelope Walk.
(c) The Great Trek.
(d) The Cicada Storm.
4. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
(a) Build a raft.
(b) Skip rocks.
5. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A champagne glass.
(b) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
(c) A cup of punch.
(d) A piece of cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
2. Who is Timothy?
3. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
4. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
5. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frikkie behave when encountering Tengo's anger when a girl insults an elder at the birthday party?
2. Who is Tengo?
3. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
4. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
5. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
6. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
7. Who is Frikkie?
8. Who is Joseph?
9. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
10. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)