|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
(a) Books for Tengo.
(b) Cotton fabrics.
2. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
(b) A champagne glass.
(c) A cup of punch.
(d) A piece of cake.
3. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Ship of Tears.
(b) The Antelope Walk.
(c) The Great Trek.
(d) The Cicada Storm.
4. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Feeding the cattle.
(b) Plucking chickens.
(c) Working with a hunk of clay.
(d) Building a fire.
5. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
2. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
3. What is biltong?
4. Who is Timothy?
5. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
2. Who is Frikkie?
3. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
4. Who is Tengo?
5. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
6. How do the oubaas twist the story of the Great Trek told to Frikkie and Tengo?
7. Who is Joseph?
8. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
9. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
10. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)