|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is hopeful.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He is happy.
2. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
3. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Durhams.
(b) The Masai.
(c) The Kidus.
(d) The Boers.
4. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
(c) A cup of punch.
(d) A champagne glass.
5. Who is Tengo?
(a) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(b) A chef.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A chauffeur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sissie?
2. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
3. What is a kraal?
4. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
5. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
2. How does Frikkie feel about the changes occurring in the world?
3. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
4. Why is Tengo's need to make a choice a sad and unfair situation?
5. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
6. Who is Frikkie?
7. Why does Tengo end his relationship with Emma?
8. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
9. What does Frikkie have to do after completing his education and what does he learn about Tengo's plans for schooling?
10. How are the differences between blacks and whites exhibited in the characters of Frikkie and Tengo?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)