|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
2. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He respects them.
(d) He resents them.
3. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(a) Medical care.
4. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Masai.
(b) The Kidus.
(c) The Boers.
(d) The Durhams.
5. Who is Oom Koos?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) The oubaas.
(c) A metal worker.
(d) A shopkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
2. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
3. Where does Joseph live?
4. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
5. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frikkie adjust to the changes occurring in his world?
2. Why can Tengo not defend his people to the oubaas regarding the story of the Great Trek?
3. How does Frikkie feel about the changes occurring in the world?
4. What reason does the reverend give Tengo on the importance of him continuing his education?
5. Where is Tengo finally allowed to go to school and why does this make the oubaas angry?
6. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
7. Who is Joseph?
8. Why does Tengo end his relationship with Emma?
9. How does Tengo get caught up in the protests at the school?
10. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)