|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Feeding the cattle.
(b) Working with a hunk of clay.
(c) Plucking chickens.
(d) Building a fire.
2. How old is Tengo?
3. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) His uncle's farm.
(b) A theme park.
(c) A museum.
(d) The beach.
4. Who is Timothy?
(a) Tengo's father.
(b) Tengo's brother.
(c) Frikkie's uncle.
(d) Frikkie's father.
5. Where does Joseph live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
2. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
3. What is a kraal?
4. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
5. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
2. Who is Joseph?
3. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
4. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
5. Why can Tengo not defend his people to the oubaas regarding the story of the Great Trek?
6. How are the differences between blacks and whites exhibited in the characters of Frikkie and Tengo?
7. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
8. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
9. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
10. Who is Tengo?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)