|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tengo do when Frikkie and the oubaas have their tea?
(a) Butcher chickens.
(b) Shoo away flies.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Sweep the house.
2. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He is on a holiday from school.
(b) He needs to get away from bad friends.
(c) He is in training to run a farm.
(d) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
3. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Cicada Storm.
(b) The Great Trek.
(c) The Antelope Walk.
(d) The Ship of Tears.
4. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
5. Who is Oom Koos?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) A metal worker.
(d) The oubaas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a kraal?
2. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
3. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
4. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
5. Who is Sissie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
2. Why can Tengo not defend his people to the oubaas regarding the story of the Great Trek?
3. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
4. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
5. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
6. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
7. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
8. Who is Joseph?
9. Who is Tengo?
10. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)