|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
2. Who is Timothy?
(a) Frikkie's uncle.
(b) Tengo's father.
(c) Tengo's brother.
(d) Frikkie's father.
3. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Boers.
(b) The Durhams.
(c) The Masai.
(d) The Kidus.
4. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
(a) He resents them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He respects them.
(d) He loves them.
5. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tengo?
2. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
3. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
4. Where does Joseph live?
5. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
2. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
3. What are some of the things that Tengo learns about city life for black people from Joseph?
4. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
5. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
6. What do Dr. and Mrs. Miller agree to give to Tengo for his education?
7. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
8. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
9. Who is Frikkie?
10. Why can Tengo not defend his people to the oubaas regarding the story of the Great Trek?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)