|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Plucking chickens.
(b) Working with a hunk of clay.
(c) Building a fire.
(d) Feeding the cattle.
2. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He is hopeful.
3. Who is Tengo?
(a) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(b) A chauffeur.
(c) A chef.
(d) A farmer.
4. How old is Tengo?
5. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
(b) Cotton fabrics.
(c) Books for Tengo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
2. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
3. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
4. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
5. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frikkie behave when encountering Tengo's anger when a girl insults an elder at the birthday party?
2. In what story does Tengo see that the white man has twisted history to suit his own needs?
3. How does Tengo feel as he learns more and more about how his ancestors were treated?
4. Who is Frikkie?
5. Who is Joseph?
6. What is inside the large box that arrives for Tengo?
7. How easily does Tengo pick up the skill of reading?
8. Why is it frustrating for Tengo to read the textbooks given to him by his aunt's employer?
9. Why is Tengo not permitted to attend school and how does he feel about that?
10. Why is Frikkie given so much respect on his uncle's farm?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)