|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
(a) Nelson Marzetti.
(b) Nelson Manson.
(c) Nelson Mankowitz.
(d) Nelson Mandela.
2. What does Frikkie have difficulty in accepting when he realizes that Tengo is gone?
(a) Farm work.
3. What makes Tengo hesitate when he arrives at school that day?
(a) He wonders if people are in the building.
(b) He doesn't feel well and wants to return home.
(c) He tries to decide which side he should choose.
(d) He doesn't want to be on camera.
4. What does Tengo no longer notice in Johannesburg?
(a) The sounds of the city.
(b) Traffic jams.
(c) Crowded streets.
(d) Street lamps.
5. With whom will Tengo live while attending school in Johannesburg?
(a) The oubaas' daughter.
(b) His aunt's family.
(c) Dr. and Mrs. Miller.
(d) His uncle.
6. How does Tengo feel about Joseph's offer?
(a) He is skeptical.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is cautious.
(d) He is excited.
7. Who is angry when learning about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Mrs. Miller.
(c) The oubaas.
(d) Dr. Miller.
8. Why does Frikkie want life to stay the same?
(a) He has never known anything else.
(b) He likes feeling superior.
(c) He has learned it from his friends.
(d) He makes good money now.
9. What does Tengo now know about Joseph?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is engaged to be married.
(c) He is working against the government.
(d) He has committed a crime.
10. Tengo is aware of his mother's ___________________ at his departure.
11. What does Joseph offer to Tengo?
(a) A free room.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A good deal on a car.
(d) A way to continue his education.
12. How old is Tengo in Chapter 10?
13. What has Tengo suspected about Joseph for some time?
(a) He is working against the government.
(b) He has a girlfriend.
(c) He is cutting classes.
(d) He has a second job.
14. Who is afraid that the threat will ruin the farm?
(a) The oubaas.
(d) Tengo's father.
15. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
(a) A study group.
(b) A tutoring group.
(c) A group protesting the government.
(d) A travel group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice is Tengo given by the reverend?
2. One day, Tengo arrives at school to find ______________________.
3. Why does Tengo desperately want an education?
4. What does a soldier force Tengo to do at the school gates?
5. What does Frikkie want during this time?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)