|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
(a) One solely for blacks.
(b) One for all ethnicities.
(c) One solely for whites.
(d) One that integrates blacks and whites.
2. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
3. What does Frikkie have difficulty in accepting when he realizes that Tengo is gone?
(d) Farm work.
4. Where does Tengo want to go to school?
(d) Port St. Johns.
5. How old is Frikkie in Chapter 10?
6. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
(a) A travel group.
(b) A group protesting the government.
(c) A tutoring group.
(d) A study group.
7. Who takes Tengo to the train on the day of his departure?
(a) The oubaas.
(b) His mother.
(c) Frikkie's father.
(d) His father.
8. What do many of the student protesters suggest for the students?
(a) They leave school until they can be given a better education.
(b) They should write letters to the government.
(c) They should not be out on the streets after dark.
(d) They should picket the school buildings.
9. What is the nature of the student protests?
(a) College students protesting tuition hikes.
(b) Black students protesting segregated classrooms.
(c) Segregated dormitories at schools.
(d) Black students protesting the government.
10. What happens when Frikkie comes for another vacation at the farm?
(a) Tengo is reluctant to play with him.
(b) Tengo teaches him to milk a cow.
(c) He and Tengo read books.
(d) He and Tengo go hunting.
11. What is Claire's proposed occupation?
12. What event has made Tengo acutely aware of the inequality between blacks and whites?
(a) He is not allowed in some restaurants.
(b) The kitchen confrontation with Frikkie's cousin.
(c) He has different books than the white boys have.
(d) He is not paid for the work he does.
13. Who is afraid that the threat will ruin the farm?
(b) The oubaas.
(c) Tengo's father.
14. What does Joseph think that blacks should do?
(a) Maintain a low profile.
(b) Marry white people.
(c) Get the best education possible.
(d) Take back what was theirs all along.
15. Joseph tells Tengo that he can make arrangements for him to finish his education ________________ through the ANC.
(c) At home.
(d) In Johannesburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tengo's mood changes ___________________________.
2. What becomes a concern for Tengo regarding the student uprisings?
3. What does Tengo now know about Joseph?
4. What does Joseph offer to Tengo?
5. Why does Tengo desperately want an education?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)