|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is afraid that the threat will ruin the farm?
(b) The oubaas.
(d) Tengo's father.
2. Tengo knows that life will be better if blacks ______________________.
(a) Could vote.
(b) Owned businesses.
(c) Can achieve their goals.
(d) Stayed in their place.
3. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
4. What has Tengo suspected about Joseph for some time?
(a) He is working against the government.
(b) He is cutting classes.
(c) He has a girlfriend.
(d) He has a second job.
5. How many years does Tengo study before taking his first break?
6. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
(a) Nelson Manson.
(b) Nelson Mandela.
(c) Nelson Marzetti.
(d) Nelson Mankowitz.
7. What does Tengo spend his time doing when school starts again?
(a) Playing soccer.
8. What does Dr. Miller offer to pay for Tengo?
(a) His dormitory fee.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His school books.
(d) His meals.
9. Tengo has waited for the moment to ________________________.
(a) Kiss a girl.
(b) Write his thesis.
(c) Travel the country.
(d) Join the protest groups.
10. What makes Tengo hesitate when he arrives at school that day?
(a) He wonders if people are in the building.
(b) He doesn't want to be on camera.
(c) He doesn't feel well and wants to return home.
(d) He tries to decide which side he should choose.
11. Why was Tengo unable to write his matriculation exam?
(a) The government protests.
(b) He had to return to the farm.
(c) He missed the session.
(d) He had the flu.
12. Who pays for Tengo's train ticket?
(a) The school master.
(b) The oubaas.
(c) His father.
(d) Dr. Miller.
13. What are the people Tengo finds at the school when he arrives doing?
(a) Waiting for Tengo.
(b) Shooting film for a newscast.
(c) Trying to squash a protest.
(d) Fighting a fire.
14. Why is Tengo happy about the chance to continue his education?
(a) He will get a travel gift from his family.
(b) It is all he has ever wanted.
(c) He will be able to run the farm.
(d) He will be able to stay in Johannesburg.
15. Tengo stops studying and feels __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tengo want to go to school?
2. The reverend tells Tengo that a new black government will need ________________________ to survive.
3. Why does Tengo end his relationship with his girlfriend?
4. Why does Frikkie have to wait after his school years to return to the farm permanently?
5. What does Tengo think about the student protesters suggestion?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)