|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consumes most of Tengo's time at school?
2. Who is angry when learning about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) The oubaas.
(b) Dr. Miller.
(c) Mrs. Miller.
3. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
(a) One solely for blacks.
(b) One solely for whites.
(c) One for all ethnicities.
(d) One that integrates blacks and whites.
4. What does Tengo think about the student protesters suggestion?
(a) He fully supports it.
(b) He agrees with some of it.
(c) He is against it.
(d) He wants to get some other opinions.
5. What happens when Frikkie comes for another vacation at the farm?
(a) Tengo teaches him to milk a cow.
(b) Tengo is reluctant to play with him.
(c) He and Tengo read books.
(d) He and Tengo go hunting.
6. What does Tengo now know about Joseph?
(a) He has committed a crime.
(b) He is engaged to be married.
(c) He is working against the government.
(d) He is gay.
7. What does ANC stand for?
(a) African National Congress.
(b) African Naval Commission.
(c) Artists Never Compromise.
(d) African Nationalists Convention.
8. Who takes Tengo to the train on the day of his departure?
(a) His mother.
(b) The oubaas.
(c) Frikkie's father.
(d) His father.
9. Tengo must choose between his personal desire for an education and _____________________________.
(a) His father's demands.
(b) The need to support his family.
(c) His country's need for change.
(d) The desire to travel.
10. Tengo's mood changes ___________________________.
(a) When his mother leaves.
(b) After Frikkie leaves.
(c) When the oubaas speaks harshly to him.
(d) When he goes to school.
11. How many years does Frikkie have to wait after his school years until he can return to the farm permanently?
12. How old is Frikkie in Chapter 10?
13. Who is afraid that the threat will ruin the farm?
(b) Tengo's father.
(c) The oubaas.
14. What makes Tengo hesitate when he arrives at school that day?
(a) He doesn't feel well and wants to return home.
(b) He wonders if people are in the building.
(c) He doesn't want to be on camera.
(d) He tries to decide which side he should choose.
15. What is the nature of the student protests?
(a) Black students protesting the government.
(b) Segregated dormitories at schools.
(c) College students protesting tuition hikes.
(d) Black students protesting segregated classrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the choice Tengo has to make?
2. The reverend tells Tengo that a new black government will need ________________________ to survive.
3. What does a soldier not allow Tengo to do?
4. Where does Frikkie go for a brief vacation after his military training?
5. What does Tengo give to Dr. and Mrs. Miller in appreciation for the books they had sent him?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)