|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tengo's mood changes ___________________________.
(a) When he goes to school.
(b) When his mother leaves.
(c) After Frikkie leaves.
(d) When the oubaas speaks harshly to him.
2. Why does Tengo end his relationship with his girlfriend?
(a) She wanted to get married right away.
(b) He is frightened when his cousin becomes pregnant.
(c) She was flirting with other guys.
(d) He wants to devote all his time to study.
3. Why is Tengo mad at Frikkie when he comes for a short vacation at the farm?
(a) Frikkie can ride a horse better than Tengo.
(b) Frikkie can run faster than Tengo.
(c) Frikkie weighs more than Tengo.
(d) Frikkie is taller than Tengo.
4. What makes Tengo hesitate when he arrives at school that day?
(a) He wonders if people are in the building.
(b) He tries to decide which side he should choose.
(c) He doesn't want to be on camera.
(d) He doesn't feel well and wants to return home.
5. Which friend of Tengo's asks him to join a group?
6. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
7. Tengo also feels _______________ at the beginning of Chapter 7.
8. What does Tengo now know about Joseph?
(a) He has committed a crime.
(b) He is engaged to be married.
(c) He is working against the government.
(d) He is gay.
9. How does Tengo feel about the inequality between blacks and whites?
10. What job does Tengo do for the Millers?
11. Who pays for Tengo's train ticket?
(a) His father.
(b) The school master.
(c) The oubaas.
(d) Dr. Miller.
12. One day, Tengo arrives at school to find ______________________.
(a) Frikkie and his uncle.
(b) A television crew.
(c) Military men.
(d) Fire trucks.
13. Tengo no longer has to choose between his people and _________________.
14. How many years does Frikkie have to wait after his school years until he can return to the farm permanently?
15. Who does Tengo spend time during breaks to study?
(a) A local preacher.
(b) Dr. Miller.
(d) A paid tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph says that black schools teach blacks ___________________________.
2. What occurs at the farm to threaten its survival?
3. When schools reopen, they are closed again soon afterward because __________________________.
4. Tengo dreams of going abroad to a place where ____________________________.
5. What advice is Tengo given by the reverend?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)