|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
(a) A travel group.
(b) A group protesting the government.
(c) A tutoring group.
(d) A study group.
2. Why does Frikkie want life to stay the same?
(a) He likes feeling superior.
(b) He has never known anything else.
(c) He makes good money now.
(d) He has learned it from his friends.
3. Tengo's mood changes ___________________________.
(a) When his mother leaves.
(b) When he goes to school.
(c) After Frikkie leaves.
(d) When the oubaas speaks harshly to him.
4. What occurs at the farm to threaten its survival?
(a) Grasshopper storms.
(b) Cholera outbreak.
(d) A drought.
5. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
(b) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
(c) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
(d) It is too far for a boy to travel.
6. Tengo is faced with making a choice that leaves him indecisive and __________________.
7. Tengo's mother tells _______________ that Tengo is determined to go to school.
(a) The oubaas' wife.
(b) Oom Koos.
(c) Mrs. Miller.
8. What has Tengo suspected about Joseph for some time?
(a) He has a girlfriend.
(b) He is working against the government.
(c) He has a second job.
(d) He is cutting classes.
9. Which friend of Tengo's asks him to join a group?
10. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
11. Tengo stops studying and feels __________________.
12. Who is angry when learning about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(b) Mrs. Miller.
(c) The oubaas.
(d) Dr. Miller.
13. Joseph says that black schools teach blacks ___________________________.
(a) About black history.
(b) Agricultural skills.
(c) Just enough to do menial jobs.
(d) How to be good soldiers.
14. What does Tengo now know about Joseph?
(a) He is working against the government.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is engaged to be married.
(d) He has committed a crime.
15. Who is afraid that the threat will ruin the farm?
(c) The oubaas.
(d) Tengo's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason Tengo considers continuing his education?
2. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
3. What is the name of the group Tengo is asked to join?
4. One day, Tengo arrives at school to find ______________________.
5. Tengo dreams of going abroad to a place where ____________________________.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)