|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
2. What does Joseph think that blacks should do?
(a) Get the best education possible.
(b) Maintain a low profile.
(c) Marry white people.
(d) Take back what was theirs all along.
3. What consumes most of Tengo's time at school?
4. What is the name of the group Tengo is asked to join?
5. How does Tengo leave the schoolyard?
(a) He doesn't leave.
(b) He climbs the fence.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He has a military escort.
6. What does Tengo now know about Joseph?
(a) He is working against the government.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is engaged to be married.
(d) He has committed a crime.
7. What causes Tengo to lose focus at school?
(a) Financial worries.
(b) A new girlfriend.
(c) A noisy neighbor.
(d) The student uprisings.
8. Frikkie learns that Tengo wants to study in ___________________.
9. What does Tengo no longer notice in Johannesburg?
(a) Street lamps.
(b) Traffic jams.
(c) Crowded streets.
(d) The sounds of the city.
10. Who does Tengo spend time during breaks to study?
(a) Dr. Miller.
(b) A local preacher.
(d) A paid tutor.
11. How many years does Frikkie have to wait after his school years until he can return to the farm permanently?
12. What does Frikkie want during this time?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A better-paying job.
(c) An extended holiday.
(d) For things to remain the same.
13. What becomes a concern for Tengo regarding the student uprisings?
(a) The noise level on the streets.
(b) Which side he should take.
(c) How to avoid the draft.
(d) The blatant use of weapons.
14. Why does Frikkie want life to stay the same?
(a) He has learned it from his friends.
(b) He likes feeling superior.
(c) He has never known anything else.
(d) He makes good money now.
15. Tengo stops studying and feels __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Tengo do for the Millers?
2. What do the Millers encourage Tengo to study in school?
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Tengo considers continuing his education?
4. Tengo knows that life will be better if blacks ______________________.
5. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)