|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Tengo unable to write his matriculation exam?
(a) He had the flu.
(b) He missed the session.
(c) The government protests.
(d) He had to return to the farm.
2. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
(a) A travel group.
(b) A study group.
(c) A tutoring group.
(d) A group protesting the government.
3. Who takes Tengo to the train on the day of his departure?
(a) Frikkie's father.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The oubaas.
4. Which friend of Tengo's asks him to join a group?
5. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
6. How old is Tengo in Chapter 10?
7. According to Tengo, some of his friends and family believe that the white man will never allow blacks to have ____________________________.
(c) Voting rights.
(d) The kind of education they deserve.
8. What does Dr. Miller offer to pay for Tengo?
(a) His school books.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His dormitory fee.
(d) His meals.
9. What does Joseph think that blacks should do?
(a) Get the best education possible.
(b) Maintain a low profile.
(c) Marry white people.
(d) Take back what was theirs all along.
10. With whom will Tengo live while attending school in Johannesburg?
(a) The oubaas' daughter.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Miller.
(c) His aunt's family.
(d) His uncle.
11. How old is Frikkie in Chapter 10?
12. When schools reopen, they are closed again soon afterward because __________________________.
(a) It is monsoon season.
(b) A cholera epidemic breaks out.
(c) More protests break out.
(d) There is an influenza epidemic.
13. One day, Tengo arrives at school to find ______________________.
(a) Military men.
(b) A television crew.
(c) Frikkie and his uncle.
(d) Fire trucks.
14. How many years does Tengo study before taking his first break?
15. Which of the following is NOT a reason Tengo considers continuing his education?
(a) He will do it for his country.
(b) He wants to get an education.
(c) He can date smart girls.
(d) He will do it abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Frikkie comes for another vacation at the farm?
2. What occurs at the farm to threaten its survival?
3. How does Tengo leave the schoolyard?
4. What does Tengo think when Joseph is gone so often from home?
5. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)