|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Tengo's asks him to join a group?
2. What is unique about the choice Tengo has to make?
(a) Tengo is too young to make the choice.
(b) Frikkie would never have to make it.
(c) Tengo must make the choice for his family.
(d) Tengo is leading the initiative.
3. What does Joseph offer to Tengo?
(a) A free room.
(b) A good deal on a car.
(c) A way to continue his education.
(d) A tutor.
4. What is Tengo's first stop once he arrives in Johannesburg?
(a) His dormitory.
(b) The school.
(c) Dr. Miller's house.
(d) A cafe.
5. What does Tengo think when Joseph is gone so often from home?
(a) He is practicing soccer.
(b) He is studying at the library.
(c) He is involved with student protests.
(d) He is spending time with his girlfriend.
6. What does Tengo give to Dr. and Mrs. Miller in appreciation for the books they had sent him?
(c) Fresh figs.
(d) Clay sculptures.
7. How does Tengo feel about Joseph's offer?
(a) He is cautious.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is skeptical.
(d) He is confused.
8. Why was Tengo unable to write his matriculation exam?
(a) The government protests.
(b) He missed the session.
(c) He had the flu.
(d) He had to return to the farm.
9. Who is angry when learning about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Dr. Miller.
(b) Mrs. Miller.
(d) The oubaas.
10. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
(a) A travel group.
(b) A group protesting the government.
(c) A study group.
(d) A tutoring group.
11. Why does Tengo desperately want an education?
(a) It is the only way he can change his life.
(b) He wants a good salary.
(c) It is the foundation for a political career.
(d) He would like the prestige.
12. Who is the oubaas' current boss-boy?
(a) Tengo's father.
(b) Frikkie's father.
(c) Tengo's uncle.
(d) Frikkie's uncle.
13. What exam does Frikkie complete?
14. Frikkie learns that Tengo wants to study in ___________________.
15. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
(a) Nelson Mankowitz.
(b) Nelson Marzetti.
(c) Nelson Mandela.
(d) Nelson Manson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frikkie want life to stay the same?
2. With whom will Tengo live while attending school in Johannesburg?
3. Joseph tells Tengo that one day blacks will take over the _____________________.
4. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
5. What does Tengo now know about Joseph?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)