|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
(a) A tutoring group.
(b) A study group.
(c) A group protesting the government.
(d) A travel group.
2. With which girl does Tengo have his first romance?
3. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
4. Tengo stops studying and feels __________________.
5. Tengo's mother tells _______________ that Tengo is determined to go to school.
(a) Oom Koos.
(c) The oubaas' wife.
(d) Mrs. Miller.
6. Which of the following is NOT a reason Tengo considers continuing his education?
(a) He will do it abroad.
(b) He will do it for his country.
(c) He can date smart girls.
(d) He wants to get an education.
7. Who is the head of the organization Tengo is asked to join?
(a) Nelson Mankowitz.
(b) Nelson Marzetti.
(c) Nelson Manson.
(d) Nelson Mandela.
8. What event has made Tengo acutely aware of the inequality between blacks and whites?
(a) The kitchen confrontation with Frikkie's cousin.
(b) He has different books than the white boys have.
(c) He is not paid for the work he does.
(d) He is not allowed in some restaurants.
9. Tengo dreams of going abroad to a place where ____________________________.
(a) It is warm all year long.
(b) A black man can be President.
(c) There are many beaches.
(d) He is not treated as less than human.
10. Who is the Millers' daughter?
11. The reverend tells Tengo that a new black government will need ________________________ to survive.
(a) Financial backing.
(c) Educated people.
(d) Public relations.
12. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
(a) Instill confidence in black children.
(b) Teach equality among races.
(c) Create straight-A students.
(d) Teach blacks just enough to do menial jobs.
13. What is the greatest need of Tengo's family and friends?
14. According to Tengo, some of his friends and family believe that the white man will never allow blacks to have ____________________________.
(a) Voting rights.
(c) The kind of education they deserve.
15. What is Tengo's first stop once he arrives in Johannesburg?
(a) His dormitory.
(b) Dr. Miller's house.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tengo think about the student protesters suggestion?
2. What is Claire's proposed occupation?
3. How does Tengo feel about Joseph's offer?
4. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
5. Where does Frikkie go for a brief vacation after his military training?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)