|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consumes most of Tengo's time at school?
2. What does Tengo think about the student protesters suggestion?
(a) He fully supports it.
(b) He wants to get some other opinions.
(c) He is against it.
(d) He agrees with some of it.
3. Tengo knows that life will be better if blacks ______________________.
(a) Could vote.
(b) Owned businesses.
(c) Stayed in their place.
(d) Can achieve their goals.
4. What job does Tengo do for the Millers?
5. With which girl does Tengo have his first romance?
6. What do the Millers encourage Tengo to study in school?
7. What does Frikkie want during this time?
(a) For things to remain the same.
(b) An extended holiday.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A better-paying job.
8. What are the people Tengo finds at the school when he arrives doing?
(a) Waiting for Tengo.
(b) Trying to squash a protest.
(c) Fighting a fire.
(d) Shooting film for a newscast.
9. How does Tengo feel about Joseph's offer?
(a) He is cautious.
(b) He is skeptical.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is excited.
10. Who does Tengo spend time during breaks to study?
(b) A local preacher.
(c) Dr. Miller.
(d) A paid tutor.
11. What happens when Frikkie comes for another vacation at the farm?
(a) Tengo teaches him to milk a cow.
(b) He and Tengo read books.
(c) Tengo is reluctant to play with him.
(d) He and Tengo go hunting.
12. Who is the impetus behind Tengo's continuing his education?
13. Joseph tells Tengo that he can make arrangements for him to finish his education ________________ through the ANC.
(b) At home.
(d) In Johannesburg.
14. Tengo's mood changes ___________________________.
(a) When his mother leaves.
(b) When he goes to school.
(c) When the oubaas speaks harshly to him.
(d) After Frikkie leaves.
15. What advice is Tengo given by the reverend?
(a) Pray for help.
(b) Attend church more often.
(c) Continue his education.
(d) Find a nice girl and get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tengo happy about the chance to continue his education?
2. Who is the oubaas' current boss-boy?
3. What is Tengo's first stop once he arrives in Johannesburg?
4. What does Joseph offer to Tengo?
5. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)