|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
(a) One solely for whites.
(b) One for all ethnicities.
(c) One solely for blacks.
(d) One that integrates blacks and whites.
2. Tengo is aware of his mother's ___________________ at his departure.
3. Tengo is faced with making a choice that leaves him indecisive and __________________.
4. How many years does Frikkie have to wait after his school years until he can return to the farm permanently?
5. What does Frikkie have difficulty in accepting when he realizes that Tengo is gone?
(c) Farm work.
6. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
(a) A tutoring group.
(b) A group protesting the government.
(c) A travel group.
(d) A study group.
7. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
8. What is the nature of the student protests?
(a) Segregated dormitories at schools.
(b) College students protesting tuition hikes.
(c) Black students protesting segregated classrooms.
(d) Black students protesting the government.
9. What does Joseph think that blacks should do?
(a) Get the best education possible.
(b) Take back what was theirs all along.
(c) Marry white people.
(d) Maintain a low profile.
10. What does Tengo spend his time doing when school starts again?
(d) Playing soccer.
11. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
(a) Create straight-A students.
(b) Instill confidence in black children.
(c) Teach equality among races.
(d) Teach blacks just enough to do menial jobs.
12. Who does Tengo spend time during breaks to study?
(b) A local preacher.
(c) A paid tutor.
(d) Dr. Miller.
13. The reverend tells Tengo that a new black government will need ________________________ to survive.
(a) Educated people.
(b) Financial backing.
(d) Public relations.
14. Tengo has waited for the moment to ________________________.
(a) Kiss a girl.
(b) Write his thesis.
(c) Travel the country.
(d) Join the protest groups.
15. How old is Frikkie in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What exam does Frikkie complete?
2. One day, Tengo arrives at school to find ______________________.
3. With whom will Tengo live while attending school in Johannesburg?
4. How old is Tengo in Chapter 10?
5. What does a soldier force Tengo to do at the school gates?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)