|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
2. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) You can make many friends there.
(b) You can take field trips.
(c) Tengo really likes going to school.
(d) He cannot attend school.
3. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
4. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(a) A writing career.
(b) A political position.
(d) A respectable overseer.
5. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
(a) He is very generous.
(b) He will inherit the farm one day.
(c) He is very smart.
(d) He is white.
6. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Ship of Tears.
(b) The Great Trek.
(c) The Cicada Storm.
(d) The Antelope Walk.
7. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He resents them.
(c) He respects them.
(d) He hates them.
8. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His knife.
(b) His dominos.
(c) His marbles.
(d) His hat.
9. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is frustrated.
(c) He is hopeful.
(d) He is angry.
10. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
11. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A cup of punch.
(b) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
(c) A champagne glass.
(d) A piece of cake.
12. Who is Timothy?
(a) Frikkie's father.
(b) Tengo's brother.
(c) Tengo's father.
(d) Frikkie's uncle.
13. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
(a) Skip rocks.
(b) Build a raft.
14. At first, Frikkie's _________________ sister can read faster than Tengo can.
15. What does Tengo do when Frikkie and the oubaas have their tea?
(a) Shoo away flies.
(b) Wash dishes.
(c) Sweep the house.
(d) Butcher chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
2. Who is Tengo?
3. Who is Oom Koos?
4. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
5. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)