|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
(a) Skip rocks.
(d) Build a raft.
2. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
(a) He is white.
(b) He will inherit the farm one day.
(c) He is very generous.
(d) He is very smart.
3. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
4. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
5. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She became ill and died.
(b) She was robbed.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She was attacked on the street.
6. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) A neighboring farm.
(b) In bed with a fever.
(c) The library.
(d) The next village.
7. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(b) A book.
(c) A prize marble.
8. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
9. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His hat.
(b) His dominos.
(c) His knife.
(d) His marbles.
10. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) His uncle's farm.
(b) The beach.
(c) A museum.
(d) A theme park.
11. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A cup of punch.
(b) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
(c) A champagne glass.
(d) A piece of cake.
12. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
(a) How to saddle a horse.
(b) How to kill a chicken.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to milk a cow.
13. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
14. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They make good authority figures.
(b) They are not very good writers.
(c) They are more inventive than other people.
(d) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
15. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) He cannot attend school.
(b) You can take field trips.
(c) Tengo really likes going to school.
(d) You can make many friends there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
2. What is Frikkie's real name?
3. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
4. Where did the author live as a child?
5. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)