|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) You can take field trips.
(b) He cannot attend school.
(c) You can make many friends there.
(d) Tengo really likes going to school.
2. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) A neighboring farm.
(b) The library.
(c) In bed with a fever.
(d) The next village.
3. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Durhams.
(b) The Masai.
(c) The Kidus.
(d) The Boers.
4. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is hopeful.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He is happy.
5. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Building a fire.
(b) Feeding the cattle.
(c) Working with a hunk of clay.
(d) Plucking chickens.
6. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He resents them.
(d) He respects them.
7. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They make good authority figures.
(b) They are not very good writers.
(c) They are more inventive than other people.
(d) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
8. Who is Sissie?
(a) Tengo's teacher.
(b) Frikkie's mother.
(c) Frikkie's school mate.
(d) Frikkie's sister.
9. Who is Tengo?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A chauffeur.
(c) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(d) A chef.
10. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She was robbed.
(b) She became ill and died.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She was attacked on the street.
11. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A cup of punch.
(b) A champagne glass.
(c) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
(d) A piece of cake.
12. At first, Frikkie's _________________ sister can read faster than Tengo can.
13. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(b) A book.
(c) A prize marble.
14. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Antelope Walk.
(b) The Ship of Tears.
(c) The Cicada Storm.
(d) The Great Trek.
15. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
2. What is a kraal?
3. Where did the author live as a child?
4. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
5. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)