|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(d) Medical care.
2. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
3. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
4. What is biltong?
(a) A flower.
(b) A tree.
(c) Cured meat.
(d) A cloak.
5. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Durhams.
(b) The Kidus.
(c) The Masai.
(d) The Boers.
6. Where does Joseph live?
7. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) A museum.
(b) His uncle's farm.
(c) A theme park.
(d) The beach.
8. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
9. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
10. Where did the author live as a child?
(a) South America.
(c) South Africa.
11. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Working with a hunk of clay.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Plucking chickens.
(d) Feeding the cattle.
12. Who is Oom Koos?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) A metal worker.
(d) The oubaas.
13. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
14. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
(b) Cotton fabrics.
(d) Books for Tengo.
15. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
(b) Skip rocks.
(d) Build a raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tengo?
2. How old is Tengo?
3. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
4. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
5. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)