|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His dominos.
(b) His marbles.
(c) His hat.
(d) His knife.
2. Who is Sissie?
(a) Frikkie's mother.
(b) Frikkie's sister.
(c) Tengo's teacher.
(d) Frikkie's school mate.
3. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) She was attacked on the street.
(c) She was robbed.
(d) She became ill and died.
4. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Plucking chickens.
(b) Feeding the cattle.
(c) Building a fire.
(d) Working with a hunk of clay.
5. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
6. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
7. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
(a) Skip rocks.
(c) Build a raft.
8. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) Tengo really likes going to school.
(b) You can make many friends there.
(c) You can take field trips.
(d) He cannot attend school.
9. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(b) Medical care.
10. Who is Joseph?
(a) Tengo's father.
(b) Tengo's brother.
(c) Frikkie's father.
(d) Tengo's cousin.
11. What is Frikkie's real name?
12. Where did the author live as a child?
(a) South Africa.
(d) South America.
13. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Ship of Tears.
(b) The Antelope Walk.
(c) The Cicada Storm.
(d) The Great Trek.
14. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
(a) How to saddle a horse.
(b) How to swim.
(c) How to kill a chicken.
(d) How to milk a cow.
15. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bull.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
2. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
3. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
4. What is a kraal?
5. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)