|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(c) A prize marble.
(d) A book.
2. Who is Sissie?
(a) Frikkie's mother.
(b) Frikkie's sister.
(c) Frikkie's school mate.
(d) Tengo's teacher.
3. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He is in training to run a farm.
(b) He needs to get away from bad friends.
(c) He is on a holiday from school.
(d) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
4. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) She was robbed.
(c) She became ill and died.
(d) She was attacked on the street.
5. Who is Tengo?
(a) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(b) A chef.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A chauffeur.
6. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Building a fire.
(b) Working with a hunk of clay.
(c) Plucking chickens.
(d) Feeding the cattle.
7. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Dr. David Miller.
(b) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
(c) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
(d) Squire Harold Pinkington.
8. What does Tengo do when Frikkie and the oubaas have their tea?
(a) Sweep the house.
(b) Wash dishes.
(c) Butcher chickens.
(d) Shoo away flies.
9. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They make good authority figures.
(b) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
(c) They are not very good writers.
(d) They are more inventive than other people.
10. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) A museum.
(b) The beach.
(c) His uncle's farm.
(d) A theme park.
11. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Great Trek.
(b) The Cicada Storm.
(c) The Antelope Walk.
(d) The Ship of Tears.
12. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
13. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) To his godfather's house.
(b) Back to school.
(c) To his uncle's factory.
(d) On a family holiday.
14. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
15. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bull.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frikkie's real name?
2. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
3. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
4. What is a kraal?
5. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)