|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
(a) He is very generous.
(b) He is white.
(c) He is very smart.
(d) He will inherit the farm one day.
2. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He is in training to run a farm.
(b) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(c) He needs to get away from bad friends.
(d) He is on a holiday from school.
3. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
4. How old is Tengo?
5. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Antelope Walk.
(b) The Ship of Tears.
(c) The Great Trek.
(d) The Cicada Storm.
6. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His hat.
(b) His knife.
(c) His marbles.
(d) His dominos.
7. Who is Joseph?
(a) Tengo's father.
(b) Frikkie's father.
(c) Tengo's cousin.
(d) Tengo's brother.
8. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) On a family holiday.
(b) To his godfather's house.
(c) To his uncle's factory.
(d) Back to school.
9. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
(a) Books for Tengo.
(d) Cotton fabrics.
10. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(a) A book.
(b) A prize marble.
11. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(b) A writing career.
(c) A respectable overseer.
(d) A political position.
12. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
(a) How to swim.
(b) How to kill a chicken.
(c) How to saddle a horse.
(d) How to milk a cow.
13. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
14. What is a kraal?
(a) A stockade.
(b) A plant.
(c) A pastry.
(d) A bird.
15. Who is Sissie?
(a) Frikkie's sister.
(b) Tengo's teacher.
(c) Frikkie's school mate.
(d) Frikkie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
2. What is the upcoming celebration in Chapter 6?
3. Who is Timothy?
4. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
5. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)