|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, Frikkie's _________________ sister can read faster than Tengo can.
2. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
(b) Books for Tengo.
(c) Cotton fabrics.
3. How old is Tengo?
4. Where does Joseph live?
5. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
6. Where did the author live as a child?
(a) South America.
(b) South Africa.
7. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
8. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bull.
(d) A cat.
9. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(a) A respectable overseer.
(b) A writing career.
(c) A political position.
10. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
11. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Dr. David Miller.
(b) Squire Harold Pinkington.
(c) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
(d) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
12. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
(a) Long journey.
(c) Master baker.
(d) Young master.
13. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Building a fire.
(b) Working with a hunk of clay.
(c) Plucking chickens.
(d) Feeding the cattle.
14. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He needs to get away from bad friends.
(b) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(c) He is in training to run a farm.
(d) He is on a holiday from school.
15. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His knife.
(b) His dominos.
(c) His hat.
(d) His marbles.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
2. Who is Timothy?
3. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
4. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
5. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)