Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
(a) They don't have much money.
(b) They need his help at home.
(c) His sister died there.
(d) They don't want him to know more than they do.
2. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
3. Who is Timothy?
(a) Tengo's father.
(b) Frikkie's uncle.
(c) Tengo's brother.
(d) Frikkie's father.
4. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(b) A prize marble.
(c) A book.
5. What is biltong?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A tree.
(c) Cured meat.
(d) A flower.
6. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They make good authority figures.
(b) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
(c) They are more inventive than other people.
(d) They are not very good writers.
7. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
8. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Working with a hunk of clay.
(b) Plucking chickens.
(c) Feeding the cattle.
(d) Building a fire.
9. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He needs to get away from bad friends.
(b) He is in training to run a farm.
(c) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(d) He is on a holiday from school.
10. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Squire Harold Pinkington.
(b) Dr. David Miller.
(c) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
(d) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
11. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She was robbed.
(b) She was attacked on the street.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She became ill and died.
12. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) A neighboring farm.
(b) The next village.
(c) The library.
(d) In bed with a fever.
13. Who is Sissie?
(a) Frikkie's school mate.
(b) Frikkie's mother.
(c) Tengo's teacher.
(d) Frikkie's sister.
14. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
15. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) The beach.
(b) A theme park.
(c) His uncle's farm.
(d) A museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
2. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
3. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
4. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
5. What is Frikkie's real name?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)