|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She was robbed.
(b) She was attacked on the street.
(c) She became ill and died.
(d) She got pregnant.
2. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) Back to school.
(b) To his godfather's house.
(c) On a family holiday.
(d) To his uncle's factory.
3. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(b) Medical care.
4. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
5. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
(a) He is very smart.
(b) He is very generous.
(c) He will inherit the farm one day.
(d) He is white.
6. What does Tengo do when Frikkie and the oubaas have their tea?
(a) Shoo away flies.
(b) Butcher chickens.
(c) Sweep the house.
(d) Wash dishes.
7. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Squire Harold Pinkington.
(b) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
(c) Dr. David Miller.
(d) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
8. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) The beach.
(b) A museum.
(c) A theme park.
(d) His uncle's farm.
9. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Ship of Tears.
(b) The Great Trek.
(c) The Antelope Walk.
(d) The Cicada Storm.
10. Who is Oom Koos?
(a) The oubaas.
(b) A shopkeeper.
(c) A metal worker.
(d) A fisherman.
11. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) The library.
(b) In bed with a fever.
(c) The next village.
(d) A neighboring farm.
12. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bull.
13. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
(a) They don't have much money.
(b) They need his help at home.
(c) They don't want him to know more than they do.
(d) His sister died there.
14. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
15. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(b) He is on a holiday from school.
(c) He is in training to run a farm.
(d) He needs to get away from bad friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
2. Where did the author live as a child?
3. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
4. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
5. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)