|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) A cup of punch.
(c) A champagne glass.
(d) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
2. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
3. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(b) He is in training to run a farm.
(c) He is on a holiday from school.
(d) He needs to get away from bad friends.
4. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His hat.
(b) His dominos.
(c) His knife.
(d) His marbles.
5. Who is Oom Koos?
(a) A shopkeeper.
(b) A metal worker.
(c) The oubaas.
(d) A fisherman.
6. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
(a) How to kill a chicken.
(b) How to swim.
(c) How to saddle a horse.
(d) How to milk a cow.
7. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Cicada Storm.
(b) The Ship of Tears.
(c) The Great Trek.
(d) The Antelope Walk.
8. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) Tengo really likes going to school.
(b) You can make many friends there.
(c) You can take field trips.
(d) He cannot attend school.
9. Where did the author live as a child?
(a) South Africa.
(c) South America.
10. Who is Tengo?
(a) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(b) A chef.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A chauffeur.
11. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Building a fire.
(b) Plucking chickens.
(c) Working with a hunk of clay.
(d) Feeding the cattle.
12. What is Frikkie's real name?
13. At first, Frikkie's _________________ sister can read faster than Tengo can.
14. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
15. Who is Sissie?
(a) Frikkie's mother.
(b) Frikkie's sister.
(c) Frikkie's school mate.
(d) Tengo's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
2. Where does Joseph live?
3. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
4. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
5. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)