|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, Frikkie's _________________ sister can read faster than Tengo can.
2. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Kidus.
(b) The Boers.
(c) The Durhams.
(d) The Masai.
3. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(a) A respectable overseer.
(b) A political position.
(c) A writing career.
4. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) You can take field trips.
(b) Tengo really likes going to school.
(c) You can make many friends there.
(d) He cannot attend school.
5. What is Frikkie's real name?
6. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They make good authority figures.
(b) They are not very good writers.
(c) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
(d) They are more inventive than other people.
7. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) A cup of punch.
(c) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
(d) A champagne glass.
8. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) On a family holiday.
(b) Back to school.
(c) To his godfather's house.
(d) To his uncle's factory.
9. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
(b) Books for Tengo.
(d) Cotton fabrics.
10. What is a kraal?
(a) A plant.
(b) A pastry.
(c) A bird.
(d) A stockade.
11. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(b) Medical care.
12. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is hopeful.
(b) He is frustrated.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is angry.
13. Where does Joseph live?
14. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
(a) Master baker.
(b) Long journey.
(d) Young master.
15. Who is Timothy?
(a) Tengo's brother.
(b) Frikkie's uncle.
(c) Tengo's father.
(d) Frikkie's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
2. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
3. Who is Joseph?
4. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
5. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)