|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) A theme park.
(b) His uncle's farm.
(c) The beach.
(d) A museum.
2. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She became ill and died.
(b) She was robbed.
(c) She was attacked on the street.
(d) She got pregnant.
3. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Plucking chickens.
(b) Working with a hunk of clay.
(c) Building a fire.
(d) Feeding the cattle.
4. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(a) A prize marble.
(d) A book.
5. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They are not very good writers.
(b) They are more inventive than other people.
(c) They make good authority figures.
(d) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
6. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
7. What is Frikkie's real name?
8. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
(a) Build a raft.
(b) Skip rocks.
9. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) In bed with a fever.
(b) The library.
(c) The next village.
(d) A neighboring farm.
10. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(b) He needs to get away from bad friends.
(c) He is in training to run a farm.
(d) He is on a holiday from school.
11. Who is Timothy?
(a) Frikkie's uncle.
(b) Tengo's father.
(c) Frikkie's father.
(d) Tengo's brother.
12. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
(b) Long journey.
(c) Young master.
(d) Master baker.
13. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) Tengo really likes going to school.
(b) You can make many friends there.
(c) He cannot attend school.
(d) You can take field trips.
14. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
15. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sissie?
2. What is the upcoming celebration in Chapter 6?
3. What does Tengo do when Frikkie and the oubaas have their tea?
4. Who is Oom Koos?
5. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)