|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(b) A prize marble.
(d) A book.
2. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
3. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He is hopeful.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is angry.
4. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Masai.
(b) The Kidus.
(c) The Boers.
(d) The Durhams.
5. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Building a fire.
(b) Plucking chickens.
(c) Working with a hunk of clay.
(d) Feeding the cattle.
6. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Dr. David Miller.
(b) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
(c) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
(d) Squire Harold Pinkington.
7. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
8. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His marbles.
(b) His dominos.
(c) His hat.
(d) His knife.
9. Who is Tengo?
(a) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A chef.
(d) A chauffeur.
10. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
(a) He loves them.
(b) He respects them.
(c) He resents them.
(d) He hates them.
11. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She was attacked on the street.
(b) She was robbed.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She became ill and died.
12. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bull.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
13. How old is Tengo?
14. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(a) Medical care.
15. What is Frikkie's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
2. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
3. What is the upcoming celebration in Chapter 6?
4. Who is Sissie?
5. Who is Oom Koos?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)