|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
2. What is Frikkie's real name?
3. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(a) A book.
(b) A prize marble.
4. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A dog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bull.
5. Who is Tengo?
(a) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(b) A chef.
(c) A chauffeur.
(d) A farmer.
6. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(a) Medical care.
7. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
8. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(a) A political position.
(b) A respectable overseer.
(c) A writing career.
9. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) On a family holiday.
(b) Back to school.
(c) To his uncle's factory.
(d) To his godfather's house.
10. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Plucking chickens.
(b) Feeding the cattle.
(c) Working with a hunk of clay.
(d) Building a fire.
11. How many boxes of books does Tengo receive from the Millers?
12. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
(a) Young master.
(c) Long journey.
(d) Master baker.
13. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A cup of punch.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
(d) A champagne glass.
14. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
15. At first, Frikkie's _________________ sister can read faster than Tengo can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
2. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
3. Who is Oom Koos?
4. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
5. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)