|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
2. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
(a) Long journey.
(b) Young master.
(c) Master baker.
3. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
4. Where did the author live as a child?
(c) South America.
(d) South Africa.
5. Where does Joseph live?
6. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
(a) Skip rocks.
(d) Build a raft.
7. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A cat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bull.
8. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She was attacked on the street.
(b) She got pregnant.
(c) She became ill and died.
(d) She was robbed.
9. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
10. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) The library.
(b) A neighboring farm.
(c) In bed with a fever.
(d) The next village.
11. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) To his uncle's factory.
(b) On a family holiday.
(c) Back to school.
(d) To his godfather's house.
12. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
13. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) You can take field trips.
(b) You can make many friends there.
(c) Tengo really likes going to school.
(d) He cannot attend school.
14. What is Frikkie's real name?
15. What is biltong?
(a) A cloak.
(b) Cured meat.
(c) A flower.
(d) A tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
2. At first, Frikkie's _________________ sister can read faster than Tengo can.
3. Who is Sissie?
4. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
5. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)