|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(b) He is on a holiday from school.
(c) He is in training to run a farm.
(d) He needs to get away from bad friends.
2. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(b) Medical care.
3. Who is Tengo?
(a) A chef.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A chauffeur.
(d) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
4. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His knife.
(b) His dominos.
(c) His hat.
(d) His marbles.
5. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) Back to school.
(b) To his godfather's house.
(c) On a family holiday.
(d) To his uncle's factory.
6. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
(b) Dr. David Miller.
(c) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
(d) Squire Harold Pinkington.
7. How old is Tengo?
8. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A cup of punch.
(b) A champagne glass.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
9. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
10. What is Frikkie's real name?
11. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) You can make many friends there.
(b) You can take field trips.
(c) He cannot attend school.
(d) Tengo really likes going to school.
12. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
(a) The Cicada Storm.
(b) The Antelope Walk.
(c) The Great Trek.
(d) The Ship of Tears.
13. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
(b) Cotton fabrics.
(c) Books for Tengo.
14. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They are not very good writers.
(b) They make good authority figures.
(c) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
(d) They are more inventive than other people.
15. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) The library.
(b) In bed with a fever.
(c) A neighboring farm.
(d) The next village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Timothy?
2. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
3. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
4. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
5. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)