|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
2. Who is Joseph?
(a) Frikkie's father.
(b) Tengo's father.
(c) Tengo's cousin.
(d) Tengo's brother.
3. Who is Tengo?
(a) The son of the farm's boss-boy.
(b) A chauffeur.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A chef.
4. Where does Frikkie visit during his school break?
(a) The beach.
(b) A museum.
(c) A theme park.
(d) His uncle's farm.
5. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He is on a holiday from school.
(b) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(c) He is in training to run a farm.
(d) He needs to get away from bad friends.
6. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) You can make many friends there.
(b) He cannot attend school.
(c) Tengo really likes going to school.
(d) You can take field trips.
7. What is the upcoming celebration in Chapter 6?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) National Patriot Day.
(d) The oubaas' birthday.
8. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
(a) He will inherit the farm one day.
(b) He is very generous.
(c) He is white.
(d) He is very smart.
9. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
10. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
11. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(a) A political position.
(c) A writing career.
(d) A respectable overseer.
12. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(d) Medical care.
13. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bull.
14. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They are more inventive than other people.
(b) They make good authority figures.
(c) They are not very good writers.
(d) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
15. What is a kraal?
(a) A stockade.
(b) A plant.
(c) A pastry.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
2. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
3. What is Frikkie's real name?
4. At first, Frikkie's _________________ sister can read faster than Tengo can.
5. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)