|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(a) A respectable overseer.
(c) A political position.
(d) A writing career.
2. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
(b) Dr. David Miller.
(c) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
(d) Squire Harold Pinkington.
3. What is a kraal?
(a) A bird.
(b) A pastry.
(c) A stockade.
(d) A plant.
4. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
(a) You can take field trips.
(b) He cannot attend school.
(c) You can make many friends there.
(d) Tengo really likes going to school.
5. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His dominos.
(b) His hat.
(c) His marbles.
(d) His knife.
6. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They are more inventive than other people.
(b) They make good authority figures.
(c) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
(d) They are not very good writers.
7. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
8. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
(b) A prize marble.
(c) A book.
9. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
(a) A champagne glass.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A cup of punch.
(d) A tray of hors 'doeuvre.
10. What is the upcoming celebration in Chapter 6?
(a) National Patriot Day.
(b) The oubaas' birthday.
(d) New Year's Day.
11. What is Frikkie's real name?
12. What name does the girl call the man who cleans up the mess at the party?
13. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Feeding the cattle.
(b) Plucking chickens.
(c) Building a fire.
(d) Working with a hunk of clay.
14. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
(a) How to saddle a horse.
(b) How to milk a cow.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to kill a chicken.
15. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author live as a child?
2. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
3. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
4. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
5. Who is Sissie?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)