|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
(a) Create straight-A students.
(b) Teach equality among races.
(c) Instill confidence in black children.
(d) Teach blacks just enough to do menial jobs.
2. Tengo stops studying and feels __________________.
3. According to Tengo, some of his friends and family believe that the white man will never allow blacks to have ____________________________.
(c) The kind of education they deserve.
(d) Voting rights.
4. Joseph tells Tengo that he can make arrangements for him to finish his education ________________ through the ANC.
(a) At home.
(b) In Johannesburg.
5. Why does Tengo go to church to see the reverend?
(a) To get some advice.
(b) To return some books.
(c) To ask for his blessing.
(d) To ask for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exam does Frikkie complete?
2. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
3. Why is Tengo happy about the chance to continue his education?
4. What occurs at the farm to threaten its survival?
5. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)