|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event has made Tengo acutely aware of the inequality between blacks and whites?
(a) He has different books than the white boys have.
(b) The kitchen confrontation with Frikkie's cousin.
(c) He is not paid for the work he does.
(d) He is not allowed in some restaurants.
2. Tengo is aware of his mother's ___________________ at his departure.
3. Who is afraid that the threat will ruin the farm?
(a) The oubaas.
(d) Tengo's father.
4. Why does Tengo's mother want him to return to the farm?
(a) To help his father.
(b) To tutor the young children.
(c) To take over the farm.
(d) To visit.
5. How does Tengo feel about Joseph's offer?
(a) He is cautious.
(b) He is skeptical.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph tells Tengo that he can make arrangements for him to finish his education ________________ through the ANC.
2. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
3. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
4. What decision does Tengo make after his encounter with Frikkie?
5. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)