|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event has made Tengo acutely aware of the inequality between blacks and whites?
(a) He is not allowed in some restaurants.
(b) He is not paid for the work he does.
(c) The kitchen confrontation with Frikkie's cousin.
(d) He has different books than the white boys have.
2. How much time has passed since Tengo arrived at school?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
3. What is Claire's proposed occupation?
4. What does a soldier force Tengo to do at the school gates?
(a) Hand over his backpack.
(b) Put on a gas mask.
(c) Get inside the school gates.
(d) Return home.
5. How does Tengo leave the schoolyard?
(a) He doesn't leave.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He climbs the fence.
(d) He has a military escort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
2. What is Frikkie's ethnicity?
3. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
4. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
5. What occurs at the farm to threaten its survival?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)