|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event has made Tengo acutely aware of the inequality between blacks and whites?
(a) The kitchen confrontation with Frikkie's cousin.
(b) He is not allowed in some restaurants.
(c) He is not paid for the work he does.
(d) He has different books than the white boys have.
2. What does a soldier force Tengo to do at the school gates?
(a) Hand over his backpack.
(b) Get inside the school gates.
(c) Put on a gas mask.
(d) Return home.
3. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
4. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
(a) A tutoring group.
(b) A study group.
(c) A travel group.
(d) A group protesting the government.
5. Tengo no longer has to choose between his people and _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph tells Tengo that one day blacks will take over the _____________________.
2. What does Frikkie give the girls to assure that they don't tell anyone about Tengo's outburst?
3. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
4. Who is Oom Koos?
5. Tengo's mood changes ___________________________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)