|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
2. Tengo must choose between his personal desire for an education and _____________________________.
(a) His country's need for change.
(b) His father's demands.
(c) The need to support his family.
(d) The desire to travel.
3. At what age did Tengo and Frikkie become friends?
4. How does Tengo leave the schoolyard?
(a) He doesn't leave.
(b) He has a military escort.
(c) He climbs the fence.
(d) He escapes.
5. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Squire Harold Pinkington.
(b) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
(c) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
(d) Dr. David Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph tells Tengo that one day blacks will take over the _____________________.
2. Tengo is faced with making a choice that leaves him indecisive and __________________.
3. Why was Tengo unable to write his matriculation exam?
4. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
5. Who is Timothy?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)