|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Tengo study before taking his first break?
2. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
(a) Master baker.
(b) Young master.
(c) Long journey.
3. What does Tengo think about the student protesters suggestion?
(a) He agrees with some of it.
(b) He is against it.
(c) He fully supports it.
(d) He wants to get some other opinions.
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason Tengo considers continuing his education?
(a) He will do it abroad.
(b) He can date smart girls.
(c) He wants to get an education.
(d) He will do it for his country.
5. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
(b) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
(c) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
(d) It is too far for a boy to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of group is Tengo asked to join in #129?
2. Who is the impetus behind Tengo's continuing his education?
3. Joseph tells Tengo that one day blacks will take over the _____________________.
4. Who is Sissie?
5. With which girl does Tengo have his first romance?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)