|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a kraal?
(a) A plant.
(b) A pastry.
(c) A bird.
(d) A stockade.
2. Tengo also feels _______________ at the beginning of Chapter 7.
3. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(a) A respectable overseer.
(c) A political position.
(d) A writing career.
4. Who pays for Tengo's train ticket?
(a) His father.
(b) The school master.
(c) The oubaas.
(d) Dr. Miller.
5. What is biltong?
(a) A flower.
(b) Cured meat.
(c) A tree.
(d) A cloak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event has made Tengo acutely aware of the inequality between blacks and whites?
2. Who is the oubaas' current boss-boy?
3. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
4. Tengo struggles with his need for an education and ________________________.
5. Why is Tengo mad at Frikkie when he comes for a short vacation at the farm?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)