|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tengo spend time during breaks to study?
(b) A paid tutor.
(c) A local preacher.
(d) Dr. Miller.
2. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
(b) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
(c) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
(d) It is too far for a boy to travel.
3. Tengo's mother tells _______________ that Tengo is determined to go to school.
(a) The oubaas' wife.
(b) Oom Koos.
(c) Mrs. Miller.
4. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
5. Who is the impetus behind Tengo's continuing his education?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tengo mad at Frikkie when he comes for a short vacation at the farm?
2. Who is Oom Koos?
3. Tengo knows that life will be better if blacks ______________________.
4. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
5. What job does Tengo do for the Millers?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)