|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do many of the student protesters suggest for the students?
(a) They should write letters to the government.
(b) They leave school until they can be given a better education.
(c) They should picket the school buildings.
(d) They should not be out on the streets after dark.
2. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
(b) Young master.
(c) Master baker.
(d) Long journey.
3. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
4. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
(b) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
(c) It is too far for a boy to travel.
(d) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
5. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
(a) His sister died there.
(b) They don't want him to know more than they do.
(c) They don't have much money.
(d) They need his help at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
2. How old is Tengo in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Tengo study during his breaks?
4. Who takes Tengo to the train on the day of his departure?
5. What type of community does Claire tell Tengo she has created?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)