|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Frikkie comes for another vacation at the farm?
(a) He and Tengo go hunting.
(b) He and Tengo read books.
(c) Tengo is reluctant to play with him.
(d) Tengo teaches him to milk a cow.
2. Where did the author live as a child?
(b) South America.
(d) South Africa.
3. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Plucking chickens.
(b) Feeding the cattle.
(c) Building a fire.
(d) Working with a hunk of clay.
4. Joseph tells Tengo that one day blacks will take over the _____________________.
(a) Country's education system.
(c) Homes where the whites live.
(d) City government.
5. Why does Tengo's mother want him to return to the farm?
(a) To take over the farm.
(b) To visit.
(c) To tutor the young children.
(d) To help his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tengo think when Joseph is gone so often from home?
2. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
3. How many years does Frikkie have to wait after his school years until he can return to the farm permanently?
4. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
5. What is the upcoming celebration in Chapter 6?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)