|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tengo mad at Frikkie when he comes for a short vacation at the farm?
(a) Frikkie weighs more than Tengo.
(b) Frikkie can ride a horse better than Tengo.
(c) Frikkie is taller than Tengo.
(d) Frikkie can run faster than Tengo.
2. What event has made Tengo acutely aware of the inequality between blacks and whites?
(a) He is not allowed in some restaurants.
(b) The kitchen confrontation with Frikkie's cousin.
(c) He has different books than the white boys have.
(d) He is not paid for the work he does.
3. Why does Frikkie want life to stay the same?
(a) He likes feeling superior.
(b) He makes good money now.
(c) He has never known anything else.
(d) He has learned it from his friends.
4. What is Claire's proposed occupation?
5. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Durhams.
(b) The Kidus.
(c) The Masai.
(d) The Boers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of kleinbaas?
2. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
3. What is the nature of the student protests?
4. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
5. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)