|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tengo study during his breaks?
(a) To catch up with other students his age.
(b) To avoid going home.
(c) To pass his entrance exams.
(d) To make new friends.
2. Why does Tengo's mother want him to return to the farm?
(a) To tutor the young children.
(b) To visit.
(c) To take over the farm.
(d) To help his father.
3. Who is angry when learning about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Mrs. Miller.
(b) Dr. Miller.
(d) The oubaas.
4. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
5. What causes Tengo to lose focus at school?
(a) The student uprisings.
(b) A noisy neighbor.
(c) Financial worries.
(d) A new girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
2. What does Tengo no longer notice in Johannesburg?
3. How much time has passed since Tengo arrived at school?
4. What does Tengo think about the student protesters suggestion?
5. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)