|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
(a) A bull.
(b) A cat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
2. Tengo must choose between his personal desire for an education and _____________________________.
(a) The desire to travel.
(b) His father's demands.
(c) His country's need for change.
(d) The need to support his family.
3. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) Back to school.
(b) To his godfather's house.
(c) To his uncle's factory.
(d) On a family holiday.
4. Tengo is aware of his mother's ___________________ at his departure.
5. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
(a) The library.
(b) The next village.
(c) In bed with a fever.
(d) A neighboring farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, Frikkie's _________________ sister can read faster than Tengo can.
2. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
3. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
4. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
5. What does Frikkie have difficulty in accepting when he realizes that Tengo is gone?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)