|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
(b) It is too far for a boy to travel.
(c) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
(d) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
2. According to Tengo, the black schools are designed to ____________________________.
(a) Create straight-A students.
(b) Teach equality among races.
(c) Teach blacks just enough to do menial jobs.
(d) Instill confidence in black children.
3. What is a kraal?
(a) A bird.
(b) A plant.
(c) A stockade.
(d) A pastry.
4. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
(a) They don't have much money.
(b) His sister died there.
(c) They don't want him to know more than they do.
(d) They need his help at home.
5. Tengo dreams of going abroad to a place where ____________________________.
(a) There are many beaches.
(b) It is warm all year long.
(c) He is not treated as less than human.
(d) A black man can be President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frikkie's cousin drop on the floor during the party?
2. Where does Tengo want to go to school?
3. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
4. What causes Tengo to lose focus at school?
5. Where does Frikkie go for a brief vacation after his military training?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)