|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Timothy?
(a) Tengo's brother.
(b) Frikkie's father.
(c) Frikkie's uncle.
(d) Tengo's father.
2. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
(a) They make good authority figures.
(b) They are more inventive than other people.
(c) They have twisted history to suit their needs.
(d) They are not very good writers.
3. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
4. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) To his godfather's house.
(b) To his uncle's factory.
(c) On a family holiday.
(d) Back to school.
5. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(a) A writing career.
(c) A political position.
(d) A respectable overseer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
2. How old is Tengo?
3. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
4. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
5. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)