|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(b) He needs to get away from bad friends.
(c) He is on a holiday from school.
(d) He is in training to run a farm.
2. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
(a) He is white.
(b) He is very smart.
(c) He is very generous.
(d) He will inherit the farm one day.
3. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She was robbed.
(b) She got pregnant.
(c) She became ill and died.
(d) She was attacked on the street.
4. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
(a) His sister died there.
(b) They don't have much money.
(c) They need his help at home.
(d) They don't want him to know more than they do.
5. Who is Joseph's mother's employer?
(a) Mr. Matthew Esquire.
(b) Dr. David Miller.
(c) Squire Harold Pinkington.
(d) Mrs. Hermione Griswald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
2. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
3. Where does Joseph live?
4. Who is Tengo?
5. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)