Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph think that blacks should do?
(a) Take back what was theirs all along.
(b) Maintain a low profile.
(c) Marry white people.
(d) Get the best education possible.
2. Joseph says that black schools teach blacks ___________________________.
(a) How to be good soldiers.
(b) Just enough to do menial jobs.
(c) Agricultural skills.
(d) About black history.
3. What is the nature of the student protests?
(a) Black students protesting the government.
(b) College students protesting tuition hikes.
(c) Black students protesting segregated classrooms.
(d) Segregated dormitories at schools.
4. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
(b) Cotton fabrics.
(d) Books for Tengo.
5. Who is angry when learning about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Mrs. Miller.
(b) Dr. Miller.
(c) The oubaas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tengo think about white men after reading some books?
2. Who is Oom Koos?
3. What does Tengo give to Dr. and Mrs. Miller in appreciation for the books they had sent him?
4. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
5. Tengo also feels _______________ at the beginning of Chapter 7.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)