|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason Tengo considers continuing his education?
(a) He can date smart girls.
(b) He will do it for his country.
(c) He wants to get an education.
(d) He will do it abroad.
2. What does Tengo do when Frikkie and the oubaas have their tea?
(a) Butcher chickens.
(b) Shoo away flies.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Sweep the house.
3. Who is the oubaas' current boss-boy?
(a) Frikkie's uncle.
(b) Tengo's uncle.
(c) Tengo's father.
(d) Frikkie's father.
4. Tengo stops studying and feels __________________.
5. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
(a) They don't have much money.
(b) His sister died there.
(c) They don't want him to know more than they do.
(d) They need his help at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a kraal?
2. What is unique about the choice Tengo has to make?
3. How does Tengo feel about Joseph's offer?
4. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
5. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)