|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs at the farm to threaten its survival?
(b) A drought.
(c) Cholera outbreak.
(d) Grasshopper storms.
2. Whom does Frikkie's cousin order to clean up the mess on the floor at the party?
3. Tengo dreams of going abroad to a place where ____________________________.
(a) It is warm all year long.
(b) He is not treated as less than human.
(c) A black man can be President.
(d) There are many beaches.
4. What does a soldier not allow Tengo to do?
(a) Talk to his teacher.
(b) Leave the schoolyard.
(c) Enter the school building.
(d) Stand with his friends.
5. Why does Tengo desperately want an education?
(a) It is the foundation for a political career.
(b) He would like the prestige.
(c) He wants a good salary.
(d) It is the only way he can change his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tengo hesitate when he arrives at school that day?
2. What do protesters throw at the soldier?
3. Who pays for Tengo's train ticket?
4. Tengo has waited for the moment to ________________________.
5. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)