|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frikkie's real name?
2. Why does Frikkie have to wait after his school years to return to the farm permanently?
(a) He wants to teach for awhile.
(b) He is forced to serve two years in the army.
(c) He wants to travel internationally.
(d) He needs a specialized degree.
3. Tengo must choose between his personal desire for an education and _____________________________.
(a) The desire to travel.
(b) The need to support his family.
(c) His country's need for change.
(d) His father's demands.
4. Oubaas and his wife think that Tengo's desire for education will lead to _____________.
(a) A writing career.
(c) A political position.
(d) A respectable overseer.
5. After reading some books, how does Tengo begin to think about Oom Koos and Frikkie?
(a) He respects them.
(b) He hates them.
(c) He resents them.
(d) He loves them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tengo has waited for the moment to ________________________.
2. According to Tengo, some of his friends and family believe that the white man will never allow blacks to have ____________________________.
3. What happens when Frikkie comes for another vacation at the farm?
4. How old is Tengo's cousin when she becomes pregnant?
5. How old is Tengo?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)