|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Frikkie return to the farm, heartbroken to find that Tengo has gone away to school?
(a) Summer holiday.
(b) New Year's.
(d) Spring break.
2. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
(a) He needs to get away from bad friends.
(b) He is on a holiday from school.
(c) He has been ill and needs fresh air.
(d) He is in training to run a farm.
3. What does ANC stand for?
(a) African Naval Commission.
(b) African Nationalists Convention.
(c) Artists Never Compromise.
(d) African National Congress.
4. Why does Tengo end his relationship with his girlfriend?
(a) She was flirting with other guys.
(b) She wanted to get married right away.
(c) He is frightened when his cousin becomes pregnant.
(d) He wants to devote all his time to study.
5. When schools reopen, they are closed again soon afterward because __________________________.
(a) There is an influenza epidemic.
(b) It is monsoon season.
(c) A cholera epidemic breaks out.
(d) More protests break out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Timothy?
2. Tengo knows that life will be better if blacks ______________________.
3. Why is Tengo confused about Frikkie's attitude about not wanting to go back to school?
4. What is Frikkie's real name?
5. The oubaas tells Frikkie and Tengo the story of _______________________.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)