|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the oubaas' story, Tengo's ancestors are made out to be __________________.
2. What makes Tengo hesitate when he arrives at school that day?
(a) He doesn't want to be on camera.
(b) He doesn't feel well and wants to return home.
(c) He wonders if people are in the building.
(d) He tries to decide which side he should choose.
3. What does Frikkie ask Tengo to get from his bedroom one day?
(a) His knife.
(b) His hat.
(c) His dominos.
(d) His marbles.
4. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Working with a hunk of clay.
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Feeding the cattle.
(d) Plucking chickens.
5. Tengo knows that life will be better if blacks ______________________.
(a) Can achieve their goals.
(b) Owned businesses.
(c) Could vote.
(d) Stayed in their place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does ANC stand for?
2. Tengo is faced with making a choice that leaves him indecisive and __________________.
3. Why is Tengo happy about the chance to continue his education?
4. How does Tengo leave the schoolyard?
5. Joseph tells Tengo that one day blacks will take over the _____________________.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)