|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
(a) He is very generous.
(b) He is very smart.
(c) He will inherit the farm one day.
(d) He is white.
2. What does Tengo's mother ask Joseph's mother to send?
(c) Cotton fabrics.
(d) Books for Tengo.
3. Where did the author live as a child?
(a) South America.
(b) South Africa.
4. Where does Joseph live?
5. What is Tengo doing when Frikkie finds him in Chapter 2?
(a) Working with a hunk of clay.
(b) Plucking chickens.
(c) Feeding the cattle.
(d) Building a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
2. What is Tengo's ethnicity?
3. What does Tengo try to teach Frikkie?
4. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
5. What is a kraal?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)