|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) It is too far for a boy to travel.
(b) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
(c) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
(d) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
2. What is Tengo's first stop once he arrives in Johannesburg?
(a) A cafe.
(b) His dormitory.
(c) The school.
(d) Dr. Miller's house.
3. Tengo's ancestors declared war on which group of people?
(a) The Durhams.
(b) The Masai.
(c) The Kidus.
(d) The Boers.
4. What is a kraal?
(a) A bird.
(b) A stockade.
(c) A plant.
(d) A pastry.
5. Why is Frikkie treated with so much respect on the farm?
(a) He is very smart.
(b) He will inherit the farm one day.
(c) He is white.
(d) He is very generous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joseph?
2. What does Tengo do when Frikkie and the oubaas have their tea?
3. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
4. Tengo's mood changes ___________________________.
5. Who is Tengo?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)