|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frikkie go when he reluctantly leaves the farm?
(a) On a family holiday.
(b) To his uncle's factory.
(c) Back to school.
(d) To his godfather's house.
2. What event has made Tengo acutely aware of the inequality between blacks and whites?
(a) He is not paid for the work he does.
(b) The kitchen confrontation with Frikkie's cousin.
(c) He has different books than the white boys have.
(d) He is not allowed in some restaurants.
3. As Chapter 7 begins, Tengo is in a _________________ mood.
4. What do the Millers encourage Tengo to study in school?
5. With whom will Tengo live while attending school in Johannesburg?
(a) The oubaas' daughter.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Miller.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His aunt's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tengo and Frikkie do at the river?
2. What animal has Tengo crafted out of clay?
3. Why are Tengo's parents reluctant to let him go to school?
4. What is in the box that arrives for Tengo?
5. Where is Tengo when Frikkie tries to find him to say goodbye?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)