|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is hopeful.
2. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She became ill and died.
(b) She got pregnant.
(c) She was attacked on the street.
(d) She was robbed.
3. Tengo struggles with his need for an education and ________________________.
(a) His friendship with Frikkie.
(b) The needs of his countrymen.
(c) His love for his mother.
(d) His loyalty to his father.
4. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
5. What happens when Frikkie comes for another vacation at the farm?
(a) Tengo teaches him to milk a cow.
(b) Tengo is reluctant to play with him.
(c) He and Tengo read books.
(d) He and Tengo go hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays for Tengo's train ticket?
2. What does a soldier force Tengo to do at the school gates?
3. What makes Tengo hesitate when he arrives at school that day?
4. What is the greatest need of Tengo's family and friends?
5. What do the Millers encourage Tengo to study in school?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)