|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is frustrated.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is hopeful.
2. Who is Joseph?
(a) Tengo's father.
(b) Frikkie's father.
(c) Tengo's brother.
(d) Tengo's cousin.
3. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) It is too far for a boy to travel.
(b) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
(c) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
(d) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
4. Why was Tengo unable to write his matriculation exam?
(a) He had to return to the farm.
(b) The government protests.
(c) He had the flu.
(d) He missed the session.
5. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
(a) She was robbed.
(b) She was attacked on the street.
(c) She became ill and died.
(d) She got pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tengo spend his time doing when school starts again?
2. Where does Joseph live?
3. Tengo is faced with making a choice that leaves him indecisive and __________________.
4. One day, Tengo arrives at school to find ______________________.
5. The reverend tells Tengo that a new black government will need ________________________ to survive.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)