|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest need of Tengo's family and friends?
2. One day, Tengo arrives at school to find ______________________.
(a) Frikkie and his uncle.
(b) Fire trucks.
(c) Military men.
(d) A television crew.
3. Tengo's mother tells _______________ that Tengo is determined to go to school.
(b) The oubaas' wife.
(c) Mrs. Miller.
(d) Oom Koos.
4. What is Tengo's first stop once he arrives in Johannesburg?
(a) The school.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Dr. Miller's house.
(d) His dormitory.
5. Tengo struggles with his need for an education and ________________________.
(a) His love for his mother.
(b) The needs of his countrymen.
(c) His friendship with Frikkie.
(d) His loyalty to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joseph?
2. What happened to Tengo's older sister when she was away at school?
3. What are the people Tengo finds at the school when he arrives doing?
4. Why is Tengo mad at Frikkie when he comes for a short vacation at the farm?
5. With whom will Tengo live while attending school in Johannesburg?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)