|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in #22 often provide to his employees?
(d) Medical care.
2. What is Tengo's attitude about his life right now?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is hopeful.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He is angry.
3. When schools reopen, they are closed again soon afterward because __________________________.
(a) There is an influenza epidemic.
(b) It is monsoon season.
(c) A cholera epidemic breaks out.
(d) More protests break out.
4. What event has made Tengo acutely aware of the inequality between blacks and whites?
(a) He is not paid for the work he does.
(b) He has different books than the white boys have.
(c) He is not allowed in some restaurants.
(d) The kitchen confrontation with Frikkie's cousin.
5. Tengo's mood changes ___________________________.
(a) When his mother leaves.
(b) When the oubaas speaks harshly to him.
(c) After Frikkie leaves.
(d) When he goes to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a soldier force Tengo to do at the school gates?
2. Who is Joseph?
3. With which girl does Tengo have his first romance?
4. What is the name of the group Tengo is asked to join?
5. What do the Millers encourage Tengo to study in school?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)