|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, Tengo arrives at school to find ______________________.
(a) A television crew.
(b) Frikkie and his uncle.
(c) Military men.
(d) Fire trucks.
2. Tengo is faced with making a choice that leaves him indecisive and __________________.
3. Why is Tengo mad at Frikkie when he comes for a short vacation at the farm?
(a) Frikkie is taller than Tengo.
(b) Frikkie can run faster than Tengo.
(c) Frikkie can ride a horse better than Tengo.
(d) Frikkie weighs more than Tengo.
4. Why is the person in #56 angry about Tengo's desire to go to school?
(a) Because his sister should be allowed to go also.
(b) It is too far for a boy to travel.
(c) He has planned on his being boss-boy in the future.
(d) Black boys should not be given formal educations.
5. Who is Joseph?
(a) Frikkie's father.
(b) Tengo's brother.
(c) Tengo's father.
(d) Tengo's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children has Tengo's mother lost?
2. With which girl from his class does Tengo study?
3. How does Tengo feel about the inequality between blacks and whites?
4. Why does Joseph visit the farm?
5. What does Dr. Miller offer to pay for Tengo?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)