* In Chapter 1, Frederiek, or Frikkie, arrives at his uncle's farm during his school break and goes in search of Tengo, the son of his uncle's boss-boy and the household cook.
* Frikkie is treated with a great deal of respect by all who meet him because it is well known that he will one day inherit the farm from his childless uncle.
* In Chapter 2, Tengo is outside his family's small hut, working with a hunk of clay, when Frikkie finds him.
* Tengo and Frikkie go swimming in the small river where Frikkie taught Tengo to swim a few summers ago.
* Frikkie tells Tengo that he does not plan to do much travel when he is older.
* Frikkie simply wants to get through his matriculation exam so that he can come to live on the farm permanently.
* Frikkie is called to the main house for tea. Tengo...
This section contains 2,034 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)