|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The magistrate wants to inform the ___________ about the trip he is going to take with the girl, but decides to not do so.
2. The group continues to experience tough conditions, with _________ entering their clothing and their baggage as they travel.
3. The girl says that she doesn't like _____________ and wants to stay with her own people.
(a) The settlement.
(b) The magistrate.
(c) The army.
(d) The food.
4. The magistrate is worried that the answers the prisoners give while being tortured are only what the Colonel _______________.
(a) Has said already.
(b) Wants to hear.
(c) Tells the army.
(d) Already knows.
5. What did the torturers use in order to blind the girl who is now working for the magistrate in his home?
(b) Hot fork-like tools.
(c) Hot water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one being tortured which causes the person from #16 to react in the way that he/she does?
2. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
3. What kind of work does the magistrate offer to the blind girl in order to help her have a warm place to stay and to work?
4. The magistrate wants __________ to make up their mind about whether they want to stay with the group or head back to the settlement.
5. Who becomes more open as the journey progresses, conversing with the soldiers freely?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)