|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The magistrate is worried that the answers the prisoners give while being tortured are only what the Colonel _______________.
(a) Tells the army.
(b) Has said already.
(c) Wants to hear.
(d) Already knows.
2. Who believes the family is a threat to the colony, which is why they are picked up on their way through town?
(a) Colonel Jobe.
(b) Colonel God.
(c) The magistrate.
(d) Colonel Joll.
3. What does the magistrate do for the girl when he goes out to find her on the streets after she runs away again?
(b) Washes her and bandages her.
(c) Locks her in her room.
(d) Gives her more money.
4. What was the actual destination of the prisoner(s) that was passing when this person or persons were picked up for interrogation?
(d) Family house.
5. The magistrate has disagreements with the _____________ while new conscripts arrive to replace old soldiers.
(a) The hired help.
(b) His wife.
(c) His lover.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Colonel who likes to interrogate people of interest by using harsh torture methods?
2. The blind girl admits that she stays with the magistrate because she has no ______________________.
3. Who is the one being tortured which causes the person from #16 to react in the way that he/she does?
4. The boy admits to theft of __________ and arming by his clan during the torture by the Colonel.
5. Who is NOT in the group of people who are interrogated after being picked up on their way into town?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)