|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relationship the magistrate has with the __________ remains the same - distant and indifferent.
2. All that the magistrate knows about the girl is that she is the ____________ of the man who died during the interrogation.
3. Various measures are undertaken in anticipation of barbarian attacks, such as ___________ and vigilance.
4. What does the blind girl seem to agree to do on a daily basis, though there has been no conversation?
(a) The cooking.
(b) Bathing rituals.
(c) Sleeping on the floor of the bedroom.
(d) The chores.
5. The bulk of the story seems to be centered in what location in the world, according to the book notes?
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. The magistrate thinks the barbarians became corrupted because they lost their _________ somewhere along the way.
2. The blind girl admits that she stays with the magistrate because she has no ______________________.
3. ______________ washes and bathes the blind girl each and every day, though it leaves this person feeling confused.
4. The magistrate finds a blind girl begging on the street for ____________ on a cold winter day.
5. What does the magistrate worry will hurt the girl once it begins to take hold of the area?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)