|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The barbarians are not interested in the ___________ they used to engage in until they started drinking and causing trouble.
2. Who does the magistrate find to be sleeping when he visits the family the following day?
3. The magistrate is worried about the __________ of the girl while also being attracted to her beauty.
(a) Work status.
4. The magistrate is worried that the answers the prisoners give while being tortured are only what the Colonel _______________.
(a) Has said already.
(b) Tells the army.
(c) Already knows.
(d) Wants to hear.
5. Who is imprisoned on the way into town, though this prisoner(s) does not seem like a likely candidate for a spy?
(c) Small boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does the magistrate offer to the blind girl in order to help her have a warm place to stay and to work?
2. Where are the prisoners placed in order to keep them from escaping from the colonial town?
3. Various measures are undertaken in anticipation of barbarian attacks, such as ___________ and vigilance.
4. Is the girl who works for the magistrate completely blind because of her interrogation torture?
5. The Colonel likes to use various stages of torture when he interrogates people, increasing the _________ at each stage.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)