* A magistrate witnesses the torture of the invaded population.
* Colonel Joll talks about his ways of obtaining the truth from prisoners.
* A family is imprisoned, though the magistrate doesn't think they're a threat, Joll does.
* Interrogations and torture continue through the land.
* The magistrate gives a young blind girl money and tries to hire her.
* The barbarians stay away during the winter months.
* The magistrate and the girl have bathing rituals, but nothing more together.
* The magistrate begins to visit other girls for sex.
* The magistrate decides to take his maid back to her people.
* The magistrate and the girl begin to have sex with each other.
* A purification ceremony is held since the girl got her period.
* The girl decides to stay with her own people.
* The magistrate and his group are discovered by soldiers.
* The magistrate meets a warrant...
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)