|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Addie walks out of school on Valentine's day?
(a) Grandio is waiting for her.
(b) Helena is sitting outside crying.
(c) Her mother is waiting for her.
(d) Dwight is waiting for her.
2. What does Addie decide on the last night of her visit with Dwight and his family?
(a) She will not go back home.
(b) She will not speak to her mommers anymore.
(c) She is not wanted.
(d) She will not visit anymore.
3. What is one thing that Addie gets for Christmas from her minimart friends?
(a) A book.
(b) New boots.
(c) A flute.
(d) A ticket to an amusement park.
4. What does Addie give her mother for Christmas?
(a) A picture Addie paints.
(b) A poem Addie writes.
(c) A shade.
5. What does Addie say about mid-December?
(a) That she has a Stage Orchestra concert.
(b) That she is going to come and stay with them until after Christmas.
(c) That it is her birthday.
(d) That she is going to try out for a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Addie wake her mother?
2. What does Addie think her mother is doing as Addie opens her presents?
3. What does Addie tell Hannah Addie will do?
4. Where does Addie have lunch?
5. Where is Hannah's home located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the box of chocolates?
2. Who meets Addie at Lake George and why is it okay that her paper bag of clothes breaks?
3. How does Addie react when she finds Hannah making breakfast the next morning?
4. What conversation does Addie overhear the night before she is leaving and how does she feel?
5. How does Hannah sum up her past to Addie?
6. What business does Hannah have and how do the girls help Hannah in the business?
7. What does Dwight do when he meets Addie after school on Valentine's Day?
8. How does Addie "check out" Hannah?
9. What does Addie tell Mommers about the flute and how does Denise respond?
10. What does Addie's mommers say when she drives up and what is in the car?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)