|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mommers say will take place over dinner?
(a) A tasting treat.
(c) A job interview.
(d) A vocabulary quiz.
2. Who is Rick?
(a) Soula's cousin.
(b) Dwight's brother.
(c) The man who owns the Numbskull Pub.
(d) An old boyfriend of Denise's.
3. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
(a) At a man trying to catch his dog.
(b) The sight of the hamster crawling inside the pumpkin.
(c) At the way the hamster chases its tail.
(d) At the squawks Addie makes on the piccolo.
4. Where is Addie's bed in her new space?
(a) In the living room.
(b) A bunk above a closet.
(c) In the second bedroom.
(d) Where used to be the laundry closet.
5. Where does the sentence "Dory is a numbskull" appear?
(a) On an old picture of the overpass.
(b) On Addie's locker at school.
(c) On one of the wheels of the trailer where Addie lives.
(d) On the wall around the dumpster in the apartment where Addie lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Addie ask Mommers about the money Dwight gave them?
2. For whom does Rick leave a note?
3. What does Denise do as she arrives at her new home?
4. How do Soula and Elliot act to Addie?
5. For what reason is Helena told to talk to the school nurse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie notice about her surroundings in her new home?
2. How does Denise look when Addie returns home and what does Denise tell Addie?
3. What happens at Addie's tryout for the orchestra?
4. What does Addie say about six steps?
5. Why is everyone happy for Addie and how does Denise suggest they celebrate?
6. How have things changed since Mommers begins to work for Pete?
7. What were the reactions of Dwight and Grandio when they learned about Denise's disappearance when Addie is nine?
8. For what does Soula use the board in her store and why doesn't Addie read the things on the board?
9. How does Addie learn about Soula's illness?
10. Why isn't Addie afraid to be home alone?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)