Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie's mother forbid her to do?
(a) Hang out at the minimart.
(b) Talk to Dwight.
(c) Talk to her half sisters.
(d) Go over to her best friend's house.
2. What does Addie tell Denise Addie will be doing on Halloween?
(a) Practicing for music tryouts.
(b) Handing out candy at the mini-mart.
(c) Going door-to-door trick or treating.
(d) Working on a science project.
3. Where does Addie discover a glass room?
(a) On one of the trailers in the park.
(b) On the minimart across the street.
(c) In the back of the apartment complex where she lives.
(d) Attached to the back of her school's cafeteria.
4. What does Addie say she does not want to know when Mommers drives her to school?
(a) If Denise is happy.
(b) Why Denise was gone for so long.
(c) How Denise has a new car.
(d) Why Denise is sending her to Dwight to live.
5. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
(a) At the way the hamster chases its tail.
(b) At the squawks Addie makes on the piccolo.
(c) The sight of the hamster crawling inside the pumpkin.
(d) At a man trying to catch his dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mommers say will take place over dinner?
2. What does Denise do as she arrives at her new home?
3. What happened to their former house after Dwight moves out?
4. What does Dwight make Addie and her half sisters?
5. What do Elliot, Soula and Addie agree that life would be empty without?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Elliot installing in the mini-mart and what does Soula think of it?
2. What were the reactions of Dwight and Grandio when they learned about Denise's disappearance when Addie is nine?
3. For what does Soula use the board in her store and why doesn't Addie read the things on the board?
4. What does Addie find when she stops at the mini-mart?
5. Where is Addie moving, why and how does she feel about it?
6. What does Soula say in a letter to Addie?
7. Why isn't Addie afraid to be home alone?
8. What does Addie do as she is riding away from the mini-mart with Grandio?
9. What amazing news does Dwight convey to Addie?
10. How does Addie compare herself to Brynna and what is Dwight's response?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)