|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Empty Acre?
(a) A small, grassy area with a pond about two blocks from Addie's home.
(b) The name of the bar Denise frequents.
(c) A small park with nothing in it.
(d) The vacant lot across the street from Addie's home.
2. Who does Dwight call when he learns that Denise was not around?
(d) Child protective services.
3. What does Denise say Dwight lacked?
(a) A love of learning.
4. Where has Addie just moved when the book opens?
(a) A duplex.
(b) A huge apartment complex.
(c) A new home built just for the family.
(d) A trailer.
5. What does Denise do as she arrives at her new home?
(a) Calls Dwight and screams at him.
(d) Goes through it carefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hannah?
2. What does Soula put on the board in her store?
3. What joke does Soula make about being large?
4. What does Mommers yell at Addie and tell her to clean up?
5. What does Addie ask Mommers about the money Dwight gave them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie notice on the newspaper clipping board at the mini-mart one day?
2. What are the two vocabulary words Addie is learning that day, and why is she learning them?
3. What does Denise say to Addie as she prepares to take Piccolo over to the mini-mart, and what is the effect of Denise's question?
4. How have things changed since Mommers begins to work for Pete?
5. Who does Addie meet at the mini-mart and what does the person tell Addie?
6. How does Addie learn about Soula's illness?
7. What does Addie do for Halloween?
8. How does Addie learn that Soula and Elliot are not romantically involved?
9. What does Denise say about the new car she is driving?
10. Where is Addie moving, why and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)