|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie remember about Grandio's friend?
(a) Grandio's friend is a doctor.
(b) The friend is ill.
(c) The friend helped Grandio when Grandio was dying of cancer.
(d) The friend died of cancer.
2. What does Dwight want the courts to decide?
(a) Custody issues.
(b) Child support payments.
(c) Alimony payments.
(d) If Diane is fit as a mother.
3. What is Empty Acre?
(a) A small park with nothing in it.
(b) The name of the bar Denise frequents.
(c) A small, grassy area with a pond about two blocks from Addie's home.
(d) The vacant lot across the street from Addie's home.
4. What does Soula say she wants to do when Addie starts to go home?
(a) Meet Dwight.
(b) Meet Addie's mother.
(c) See the hamster.
(d) Have Addie stay for dinner.
5. What does Soula say kept reappearing?
(a) A stray dog.
(b) A feral cat.
(c) A raccoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
2. What does Soula put on the board in her store?
3. What does Dwight tell Addie he has set up for her in her new home?
4. What does Addie's mother do on the internet?
5. Who is Pete?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Elliot installing in the mini-mart and what does Soula think of it?
2. What happens when the fire starts?
3. Who arrives in a silver car and how did the woman know to come?
4. How does Addie "check out" Hannah?
5. Where is Addie moving, why and how does she feel about it?
6. What conversation does Addie overhear the night before she is leaving and how does she feel?
7. What does Denise say about Addie visiting Grandio and Dwight's family over Thanksgiving?
8. What happens with the box of chocolates?
9. Describe Addie's Christmas with her mother.
10. How does Addie learn about Soula's illness?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)