|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason is Helena told to talk to the school nurse?
(a) To tell the nurse about Helena's headaches.
(b) To find out if her blood sugar is elevated.
(c) To learn about how to control B.O.
(d) To find out if she has head lice.
2. About what smell does Denise complain when she gets home?
(a) Hamster poop.
(b) Rotten pumpkin.
(c) Burnt toast.
3. What does Dwight make Addie and her half sisters?
(a) A rope swing.
(b) A croquet set.
(c) A doll house.
(d) A sandbox.
4. Who does Dwight call when he learns that Denise was not around?
(d) Child protective services.
5. What does Addie remember about Grandio's friend?
(a) Grandio's friend is a doctor.
(b) The friend helped Grandio when Grandio was dying of cancer.
(c) The friend died of cancer.
(d) The friend is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has changed as far as money for Denise and Addie?
2. Who is Rick?
3. How are Addie and her mother different?
4. What does Dwight want the courts to decide?
5. Who confronts Addie after she has her tryout with Ms. Rivera?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Denise say about the new car she is driving?
2. How have things changed since Mommers begins to work for Pete?
3. How does Addie learn about Soula's illness?
4. Who does Addie meet at the mini-mart and what does the person tell Addie?
5. What does Mommers say when she finally arrives home at 2 a.m.?
6. What does Addie say about six steps?
7. How does Denise feel about the trailer and why?
8. What were the reactions of Dwight and Grandio when they learned about Denise's disappearance when Addie is nine?
9. How does Addie learn that Soula and Elliot are not romantically involved?
10. Why does Denise begin yelling at Dwight when they are talking outside the trailer one day?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)