|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie ask her mother if she does?
(a) Calls Dwight every day.
(b) Calls Addie's half sisters everyday.
(c) Has a mammogram every year.
(d) Breast self exams.
2. What does Soula say she wants to do when Addie starts to go home?
(a) Have Addie stay for dinner.
(b) Meet Dwight.
(c) Meet Addie's mother.
(d) See the hamster.
3. What does Addie remember about Grandio's friend?
(a) Grandio's friend is a doctor.
(b) The friend helped Grandio when Grandio was dying of cancer.
(c) The friend is ill.
(d) The friend died of cancer.
4. How does Addie's mother feel when they arrive at their new home?
5. Who are Soula and Elliot?
(a) The managers of the apartment complex.
(b) Two homeless people.
(c) The owners of a minimart.
(d) The managers of the trailer park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick call Elliot?
2. What is Addie trying to figure out about the train track?
3. What does Dwight tell Addie he has set up for her in her new home?
4. What does Addie tell Denise Addie will be doing on Halloween?
5. Why does Addie take a book instead of getting on the computer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dwight promise Addie as he is leaving?
2. Why is everyone happy for Addie and how does Denise suggest they celebrate?
3. What happens at Addie's tryout for the orchestra?
4. What does Addie notice on the newspaper clipping board at the mini-mart one day?
5. What were the reactions of Dwight and Grandio when they learned about Denise's disappearance when Addie is nine?
6. Why isn't Addie afraid to be home alone?
7. How have things changed since Mommers begins to work for Pete?
8. What does Addie say about six steps?
9. Where is Addie moving, why and how does she feel about it?
10. Who does Addie meet at the mini-mart and what does the person tell Addie?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)