|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Denise get in a fight with Dwight when he brings his daughters over?
(a) The girls are hungry.
(b) The girls are very thin.
(c) Denise wants Dwight to leave the girls for a while.
(d) The girls are dirty.
2. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
(a) One day.
(b) Several hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) A week.
3. How does Dwight react when he learns Denise is gone?
(a) He thinks it's good riddance.
(b) He is supportive.
(c) He feels sorry for Denise.
(d) He is enraged.
4. Who confronts Addie after she has her tryout with Ms. Rivera?
(b) No one.
5. What time does Mommers wake Addie to say she is home?
(b) 2 am.
(c) 7 am.
(d) 4 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dwight say is Denise other option for living?
2. How does Addie feel about her new home?
3. What does Denise ask Addie about Soula and Elliot?
4. What does Denise say is the reason she felt alright about disappearing?
5. What is Soula doing when Addie finds her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie say about six steps?
2. For what does Soula use the board in her store and why doesn't Addie read the things on the board?
3. How does Denise look when Addie returns home and what does Denise tell Addie?
4. Why isn't Addie afraid to be home alone?
5. What does Dwight promise Addie as he is leaving?
6. What does Addie do for Halloween?
7. Why does Helena have to see the school nurse?
8. How does Addie learn about Soula's illness?
9. Why does Denise begin yelling at Dwight when they are talking outside the trailer one day?
10. What does Addie notice about her surroundings in her new home?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)