|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Denise ask Addie about Soula and Elliot?
(a) If they ever say anything bad about Denise.
(b) If they are fun.
(c) If they are husband and wife.
(d) If they are just being nice to Addie.
2. What time does Addie's mother awaken?
(a) 4 in the afternoon.
(b) Around noon.
(c) About 10 in the morning.
(d) Early in the morning.
3. What does Denise say is the reason she felt alright about disappearing?
(a) Addie was on break and could care for the Littles.
(b) Addie had a list of numbers to call for help.
(c) Addie is old for her age.
(d) The neighbors were keeping an eye on the place.
4. Who does Denise call a reprobate?
(d) Addie's biological father.
5. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
(a) The sight of the hamster crawling inside the pumpkin.
(b) At the way the hamster chases its tail.
(c) At the squawks Addie makes on the piccolo.
(d) At a man trying to catch his dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hannah?
2. What is Elliot doing when Addie finds him?
3. Who are Soula and Elliot?
4. What does Addie's mother forbid her to do?
5. What does Addie ask Mommers about the money Dwight gave them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the reactions of Dwight and Grandio when they learned about Denise's disappearance when Addie is nine?
2. What does Addie notice on the newspaper clipping board at the mini-mart one day?
3. What does Denise say about the new car she is driving?
4. Where is Addie moving, why and how does she feel about it?
5. How does Denise feel about the trailer and why?
6. What are the two vocabulary words Addie is learning that day, and why is she learning them?
7. What does Dwight promise Addie as he is leaving?
8. Who does Addie meet at the mini-mart and what does the person tell Addie?
9. What does Addie do for Halloween?
10. Why is everyone happy for Addie and how does Denise suggest they celebrate?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)