|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Addie feel about her new home?
2. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
3. Who are Soula and Elliot?
(a) Two homeless people.
(b) The managers of the apartment complex.
(c) The owners of a minimart.
(d) The managers of the trailer park.
4. Who does Dwight call when he learns that Denise was not around?
(c) Child protective services.
5. What does Addie not read in Soula's store?
(a) She would have to pull out her vocabulary cards.
(b) There is nothing of interest to her.
(c) She is not tall enough to reach the board.
(d) She is afraid of offending Soula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Addie ask Mommers about the money Dwight gave them?
2. For what reason is Helena told to talk to the school nurse?
3. How are Addie and her mother different?
4. What has changed as far as money for Denise and Addie?
5. Where is Addie's bed in her new space?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dwight promise Addie as he is leaving?
2. For what does Soula use the board in her store and why doesn't Addie read the things on the board?
3. What does Mommers say when she finally arrives home at 2 a.m.?
4. How does Addie learn about Soula's illness?
5. What does Addie do for Halloween?
6. Why does Helena have to see the school nurse?
7. Why does Denise begin yelling at Dwight when they are talking outside the trailer one day?
8. Why isn't Addie afraid to be home alone?
9. How does Denise feel about the trailer and why?
10. Why is everyone happy for Addie and how does Denise suggest they celebrate?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)