|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
(a) The sight of the hamster crawling inside the pumpkin.
(b) At the way the hamster chases its tail.
(c) At a man trying to catch his dog.
(d) At the squawks Addie makes on the piccolo.
2. Where has Addie just moved when the book opens?
(a) A duplex.
(b) A trailer.
(c) A huge apartment complex.
(d) A new home built just for the family.
3. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
(a) One day.
(b) A week.
(c) 3 days.
(d) Several hours.
4. What does Dwight say is Denise other option for living?
(a) Public housing.
(b) Her mother's home.
(c) Her brother's ranch.
(d) Her ex-father-in-law.
5. What does Soula put on the board in her store?
(a) Clippings about the community.
(b) A help wanted poster.
(c) A list of reasons to shop at the store.
(d) Pictures of the kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason is Helena told to talk to the school nurse?
2. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
3. What is Addie trying to figure out about the train track?
4. What does Dwight want the courts to decide?
5. Why does Denise get in a fight with Dwight when he brings his daughters over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is everyone happy for Addie and how does Denise suggest they celebrate?
2. What does Grandio give Addie and how does she react?
3. What does Denise say about the new car she is driving?
4. What does Dwight promise Addie as he is leaving?
5. What do Helena and her mother bring to Grandio's house and why doesn't Addie think she'll see Helena again?
6. What does Addie find when she stops at the mini-mart?
7. What is Elliot installing in the mini-mart and what does Soula think of it?
8. How does Denise look when Addie returns home and what does Denise tell Addie?
9. What does Denise say to Addie as she prepares to take Piccolo over to the mini-mart, and what is the effect of Denise's question?
10. Describe the conversation between Addie and Ms. Rivera.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)