|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie's mother forbid her to do?
(a) Talk to Dwight.
(b) Go over to her best friend's house.
(c) Hang out at the minimart.
(d) Talk to her half sisters.
2. What has changed as far as money for Denise and Addie?
(a) Denise has received a significant inheritance from a distant relative.
(b) They have even less than before.
(c) Dwight is handing over the money to Addie instead of Denise.
(d) Denise is bringing money home regularly.
3. What does Dwight want the courts to decide?
(a) Custody issues.
(b) If Diane is fit as a mother.
(c) Child support payments.
(d) Alimony payments.
4. What does Denise say Dwight lacked?
(d) A love of learning.
5. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pete?
2. What happened to their former house after Dwight moves out?
3. What does Dwight tell Addie he has set up for her in her new home?
4. What does Denise say is the reason she felt alright about disappearing?
5. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Denise feel about the trailer and why?
2. What does Addie notice on the newspaper clipping board at the mini-mart one day?
3. For what does Soula use the board in her store and why doesn't Addie read the things on the board?
4. How have things changed since Mommers begins to work for Pete?
5. What does Denise say to Addie as she prepares to take Piccolo over to the mini-mart, and what is the effect of Denise's question?
6. Who does Addie meet at the mini-mart and what does the person tell Addie?
7. What are the two vocabulary words Addie is learning that day, and why is she learning them?
8. What does Addie notice about her surroundings in her new home?
9. How does Addie learn that Soula and Elliot are not romantically involved?
10. What happens when Dwight brings the Littles to the trailer?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)