|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has arranged for where Addie is living?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her stepfather.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Mommers yell at Addie and tell her to clean up?
(a) The bathroom sink.
(b) The refrigerator.
(c) The rotted pumpkin.
(d) The kitchen counters.
3. Why does Addie get scared later that evening?
(a) The phone rings unexpectedly.
(b) Her mom is not home by midnight.
(c) She hears someone yelling outside.
(d) She hears some police and ambulance sirens.
4. What time does Addie's mother awaken?
(a) About 10 in the morning.
(b) Early in the morning.
(c) 4 in the afternoon.
(d) Around noon.
5. What does Dwight make Addie and her half sisters?
(a) A sandbox.
(b) A croquet set.
(c) A rope swing.
(d) A doll house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
2. What does Rick call Elliot?
3. Who are the Littles?
4. What is Addie trying to figure out about the train track?
5. How are Addie and her mother different?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Addie's tryout for the orchestra?
2. For what does Soula use the board in her store and why doesn't Addie read the things on the board?
3. Why is everyone happy for Addie and how does Denise suggest they celebrate?
4. What were the reactions of Dwight and Grandio when they learned about Denise's disappearance when Addie is nine?
5. What does Addie do for Halloween?
6. What does Mommers say when she finally arrives home at 2 a.m.?
7. What does Addie say about six steps?
8. How have things changed since Mommers begins to work for Pete?
9. Why does Denise begin yelling at Dwight when they are talking outside the trailer one day?
10. How does Addie learn that Soula and Elliot are not romantically involved?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)