|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Soula and Elliot?
(a) The owners of a minimart.
(b) The managers of the trailer park.
(c) The managers of the apartment complex.
(d) Two homeless people.
2. What do Elliot, Soula and Addie agree that life would be empty without?
3. What does Mommers yell at Addie and tell her to clean up?
(a) The rotted pumpkin.
(b) The refrigerator.
(c) The bathroom sink.
(d) The kitchen counters.
4. What does Denise say about Pete?
(a) He is trying to seduce her.
(b) He is a windbag.
(c) He is gorgeous.
(d) He is cheap.
5. What is Empty Acre?
(a) A small park with nothing in it.
(b) The name of the bar Denise frequents.
(c) The vacant lot across the street from Addie's home.
(d) A small, grassy area with a pond about two blocks from Addie's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denise say Dwight lacked?
2. What is Soula doing when Addie finds her?
3. What does Addie call her mother's bedroom?
4. What has changed as far as money for Denise and Addie?
5. What does Denise do on Monday morning when Addie is leaving for school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandio give Addie and how does she react?
2. How does Denise feel about the trailer and why?
3. Why does Helena have to see the school nurse?
4. How have things changed since Mommers begins to work for Pete?
5. What does Dwight do when he meets Addie after school on Valentine's Day?
6. What does Addie notice about her surroundings in her new home?
7. What does Mommers say when she finally arrives home at 2 a.m.?
8. What do Helena and her mother bring to Grandio's house and why doesn't Addie think she'll see Helena again?
9. Describe the conversation between Addie and Ms. Rivera.
10. What does Dwight tell Addie that Addie has mixed feelings about the news?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)