|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Denise do as she arrives at her new home?
(a) Goes through it carefully.
(b) Calls Dwight and screams at him.
2. Where does the sentence "Dory is a numbskull" appear?
(a) On one of the wheels of the trailer where Addie lives.
(b) On Addie's locker at school.
(c) On an old picture of the overpass.
(d) On the wall around the dumpster in the apartment where Addie lives.
3. What joke does Soula make about being large?
(a) That she doesn't have to work as hard.
(b) That no one messes with her.
(c) That it's lucky they found the tumor.
(d) That she is easy to find in a crowd.
4. Who does Dwight call when he learns that Denise was not around?
(b) Child protective services.
5. What is wrong with Soula?
(a) Heart problems.
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Brains tumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many steps are there to get to anywhere in the house?
2. Who confronts Addie after she has her tryout with Ms. Rivera?
3. What does Addie's mother do on the internet?
4. How do Soula and Elliot act to Addie?
5. What happened to their former house after Dwight moves out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie do for Halloween?
2. Where is Addie moving, why and how does she feel about it?
3. What happens at Addie's tryout for the orchestra?
4. How does Denise look when Addie returns home and what does Denise tell Addie?
5. What does Denise say about the new car she is driving?
6. What were the reactions of Dwight and Grandio when they learned about Denise's disappearance when Addie is nine?
7. For what does Soula use the board in her store and why doesn't Addie read the things on the board?
8. How does Addie learn about Soula's illness?
9. How have things changed since Mommers begins to work for Pete?
10. What does Denise say to Addie as she prepares to take Piccolo over to the mini-mart, and what is the effect of Denise's question?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)