|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Addie invite Hannah to sit by the fire after dinner?
(a) To spend some time with the Littles.
(b) To have some time with Dwight by herself without Hannah.
(c) To show Hannah her flute.
(d) To ask Hannah some questions.
2. What does Grandio give Addie?
(a) A new backpack.
(b) 20 dollars.
(c) A new watch.
(d) 5 dollars.
3. What does Addie make for Soula, Elliot and Rick?
(b) A cake.
(c) Sugar Cookies.
4. Why does Hannah move home after living out West for a while?
(a) Her parents become ill.
(b) She missed her childhood friends.
(c) She inherits a home back East.
(d) She was interested in a man back East.
5. What does Addie think she is looking for at Dwight's house?
(a) She wants to be a child and not a grown up.
(c) She wants to be valued.
(d) She is waiting for normal.
6. What did Grandio say about the times when Dwight helped on the farm?
(a) Grandio worried that Addie would get too attached to Dwight.
(b) Grandio said he trusted Dwight's judgment more than his own.
(c) It was difficult since Dwight knew nothing about farming.
(d) It was like having a son again.
7. What has Dwight tried to do before concerning Addie?
(a) Gain custody.
(b) Send her to a special school.
(c) Get her private music lessons.
(d) Get Denise declared an unfit mother.
8. What does Addie give her mother for Christmas?
(a) A poem Addie writes.
(b) A picture Addie paints.
(c) A shade.
9. How does Dwight feel about Addie?
(a) She should live with her paternal grandparents.
(b) She belongs with her mother.
(c) She should get more help with her learning disability.
(d) She is his daughter in his heart.
10. What does Dwight say that makes Addie feel devastated?
(a) He is taking Denise to court.
(b) He is moving to California.
(c) He and Hannah are going to marry soon.
(d) He is seeking full custody of the Littles.
11. Why does Addie wake her mother?
(a) To take Addie to the doctor.
(b) To call Addie in sick to school.
(c) She tries very hard not to wake her mother.
(d) Addie has started her period.
12. What does Addie say she will get at Goodwill?
(a) Some more hamster shavings.
(b) A new pair of shoes.
(c) A lamp.
(d) An outfit for her upcoming concert.
13. What does Hannah do in her basement?
(b) Has a mail-order business.
14. What is Elliot doing for Soula who thinks it's unnecessary?
(a) Installing a new phone.
(b) Installing bars.
(c) Installing a ramp.
(d) Installing a window around the cash register.
15. What thrills Addie about what she hears Dwight say to Hannah?
(a) That Denise is in rehab.
(b) That he will try again to gain custody of Addie.
(c) That he had tried for custody.
(d) That Denise may let her live with her grandparents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Addie not mind when her paper bag with her clothes breaks?
2. How long has Denise been gone?
3. What does Denise give Addie permission to do?
4. How many reasons does Addie say she has to change her life again?
5. What does Addie say when Dwight asks her to visit?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)