|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie think she is looking for at Dwight's house?
(a) She wants to be valued.
(c) She wants to be a child and not a grown up.
(d) She is waiting for normal.
2. What do Helena and Addie get when they pass the firehouse?
(a) Rock candy.
(b) A ticket to the upcoming spaghetti dinner.
(c) A flyer about smoke alarms.
3. How does Denise react to the idea of Addie spending Thanksgiving weekend with Dwight?
(a) She is angry that Dwight wants to take Addie for a holiday.
(b) She wants to go along.
(c) She thinks Dwight is trying to turn Addie against her.
(d) She is fine with it.
4. Why does Addie stop checking out library books?
(a) She can't read them.
(b) They no longer can find their library card.
(c) She feels stupid.
(d) They would get lost in the house.
5. What was Denise unwilling to do in the past concerning Addie?
(a) Let Dwight have her every other weekend.
(b) Sign over her custody rights.
(c) Let her live with Georgio.
(d) Let her visit her paternal grandparents.
6. Why does Addie invite Hannah to sit by the fire after dinner?
(a) To have some time with Dwight by herself without Hannah.
(b) To show Hannah her flute.
(c) To spend some time with the Littles.
(d) To ask Hannah some questions.
7. Why does Denise make fun of Addie?
(a) For wanting to make fudge for Soula.
(b) For wanting to make something for Katie and Brynna.
(c) For making over Piccolo.
(d) For being mad about the chocolate.
8. What thrills Addie about what she hears Dwight say to Hannah?
(a) That Denise is in rehab.
(b) That Denise may let her live with her grandparents.
(c) That he will try again to gain custody of Addie.
(d) That he had tried for custody.
9. What does Hannah do in her basement?
(d) Has a mail-order business.
10. What does Hannah ask Addie if Addie would like to do?
(a) Fix Katie a bottle.
(b) Fix Brynna a bottle.
(c) Katie's diaper.
(d) Read the Littles a bedtime story.
11. Why does Addie wake her mother?
(a) To call Addie in sick to school.
(b) She tries very hard not to wake her mother.
(c) To take Addie to the doctor.
(d) Addie has started her period.
12. What is Denise's response to what happened to Addie's flute.
(a) Denise says that was nice of Addie.
(b) Denise says she'll get Addie another flute.
(c) Denise is angry.
(d) Denise is proud that Addie did the right thing.
13. What does Addie tell her mother about the flute?
(a) She broke it.
(b) She returned it.
(c) She threw it away.
(d) She gave it to another student.
14. What does Ms. Rivera ask Addie that causes Addie to feel nervous?
(a) To move to first chair in the flute section.
(b) To do a solo piece at the concert.
(c) To start learning the piccolo.
(d) To ask her mother to come in for a conference.
15. What does Denise ask Addie to do with Dwight's check?
(a) Forge a larger number on it.
(b) Return it to Dwight.
(c) Keep Denise from spending it.
(d) Cash it at the minimart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dwight tried to do before concerning Addie?
2. What is one thing that Addie gets for Christmas from her minimart friends?
3. To what does Addie wake up?
4. Why has Dwight taken Brynna to see a therapist?
5. What does Addie say she will get at Goodwill?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)