|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Addie not mind when her paper bag with her clothes breaks?
(a) She is so happy to see Dwight and his family.
(b) She has a heavy plastic bag to replace it.
(c) She receives a new duffel bag for Christmas.
(d) Dwight has new clothes for Addie.
2. Why does Hannah move home after living out West for a while?
(a) She inherits a home back East.
(b) She missed her childhood friends.
(c) She was interested in a man back East.
(d) Her parents become ill.
3. Why does Addie wake her mother?
(a) To call Addie in sick to school.
(b) To take Addie to the doctor.
(c) Addie has started her period.
(d) She tries very hard not to wake her mother.
4. Why does Denise make fun of Addie?
(a) For wanting to make something for Katie and Brynna.
(b) For being mad about the chocolate.
(c) For wanting to make fudge for Soula.
(d) For making over Piccolo.
5. Why does Addie insist upon buying a cup of soup at the minimart?
(a) For the thrill of paying for it with her own money.
(b) She is embarrassed that Denise has no food in the house.
(c) She does not want to feel obligated to Soula.
(d) She wants to practise her counting skills.
6. What does Ms. Rivera ask Addie that causes Addie to feel nervous?
(a) To do a solo piece at the concert.
(b) To start learning the piccolo.
(c) To ask her mother to come in for a conference.
(d) To move to first chair in the flute section.
7. What does Addie tell Dwight about Brynna?
(a) Brynna is a teaser.
(b) Brynna seems sad.
(c) Brynna is smart.
(d) Brynna is funny.
8. Why does Addie feel sad as she watches Hannah and Dwight put Brynna and Katie to bed?
(a) She thinks they do not want her.
(b) She thinks her mother will never be like that.
(c) She feels left out.
(d) She does not feel sad.
9. What does Addie discover about her box of chocolates?
(a) Piccolo has nibbled on the box.
(b) Her mother has thrown the chocolate in the trash.
(c) Her mother has eaten all but one piece.
(d) It has fallen off and dumped all over the floor.
10. Why is Addie disappointed when she gets home?
(a) Soula is not in the store.
(b) Her mother is not there to greet her.
(c) Her computer is gone.
(d) She was unable to bring her new puppy home.
11. What does Addie tell her mother about the flute?
(a) She broke it.
(b) She returned it.
(c) She gave it to another student.
(d) She threw it away.
12. Why does Addie invite Hannah to sit by the fire after dinner?
(a) To have some time with Dwight by herself without Hannah.
(b) To spend some time with the Littles.
(c) To ask Hannah some questions.
(d) To show Hannah her flute.
13. Where is Hannah's home located?
(a) Lake Monroe.
(b) Lake Heron.
(c) Lake George.
(d) Lake Placid.
14. What does Addie remember she needs to do when she is over at the minimart?
(a) Call Dwight.
(b) Check on Piccolo.
(c) Call Georgio.
(d) Call her mother.
15. What does Addie hear the last night she is at Hannah's home?
(a) A loon on the lake.
(b) A bared owl.
(c) Hannah and Dwight discussing Addie coming to live with them.
(d) A coyote howling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thrills Addie about what she hears Dwight say to Hannah?
2. What does Addie decide when she wakes for school after Thanksgiving?
3. What does Denise give Addie permission to do?
4. Why does Addie run home from her old school?
5. What does Addie decide on the last night of her visit with Dwight and his family?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)