|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie think she is looking for at Dwight's house?
(a) She wants to be valued.
(b) She is waiting for normal.
(d) She wants to be a child and not a grown up.
2. What has Dwight tried to do before concerning Addie?
(a) Get Denise declared an unfit mother.
(b) Get her private music lessons.
(c) Gain custody.
(d) Send her to a special school.
3. What does Denise give Addie permission to do?
(a) Go over to Soula's each day to help out.
(b) Take music lessons.
(c) Change schools.
(d) Spend a week with Dwight and Hannah.
4. What does Denise tell Addie that leaves Addie dumbstruck?
(a) That Denise is sending Addie to live with Georgio.
(b) That Denise has a new job and they are moving.
(c) That Denise is pregnant.
(d) That Addie is going to live with Dwight full time.
5. Why does Addie not mind when her paper bag with her clothes breaks?
(a) She is so happy to see Dwight and his family.
(b) She receives a new duffel bag for Christmas.
(c) She has a heavy plastic bag to replace it.
(d) Dwight has new clothes for Addie.
6. What does Dwight say about Addie and Addie says she is not smart?
(a) That she has dyslexia.
(b) That she is very bright.
(c) That she is a wonderful girl.
(d) That she is a good person.
7. Where does Dwight say he and the Littles have moved?
(a) About a mile from where Addie lives.
(b) Into Hannah's mansion.
(c) To Grandio's farm.
(d) To Chicago.
8. What happens when Addie walks out of school on Valentine's day?
(a) Helena is sitting outside crying.
(b) Her mother is waiting for her.
(c) Dwight is waiting for her.
(d) Grandio is waiting for her.
9. What does Addie hear the last night she is at Hannah's home?
(a) A bared owl.
(b) A coyote howling.
(c) Hannah and Dwight discussing Addie coming to live with them.
(d) A loon on the lake.
10. What does Dwight say that makes Addie feel devastated?
(a) He and Hannah are going to marry soon.
(b) He is moving to California.
(c) He is seeking full custody of the Littles.
(d) He is taking Denise to court.
11. Who sees Addie as she is running?
12. Why does Denise tell Addie to be sure to take the right bus home?
(a) So Denise won't have to go looking for Addie.
(b) Because Denise is worried about Addie's safety.
(c) Because Addie often misreads the route signs.
(d) Because Denise is afraid of being visited by child services.
13. What does Addie decide on the last night of her visit with Dwight and his family?
(a) She is not wanted.
(b) She will not speak to her mommers anymore.
(c) She will not visit anymore.
(d) She will not go back home.
14. Why is Addie disappointed when she gets home?
(a) Soula is not in the store.
(b) Her computer is gone.
(c) Her mother is not there to greet her.
(d) She was unable to bring her new puppy home.
15. How does Addie feel about the dress her mother gets her for the concert?
(a) It is a little big.
(b) It is too old for her.
(c) It is a little small.
(d) It is perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Addie wake her mother?
2. What does Addie use to pack her clothes in for the weekend?
3. What does Addie say when Dwight asks her to visit?
4. How does Dwight feel about Addie?
5. Why does Addie run home from her old school?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)