|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
(a) Several hours.
(b) One day.
(c) A week.
(d) 3 days.
2. How does Addie feel about her new home?
3. What does Dwight tell Addie he has set up for her in her new home?
(a) A computer.
(b) A doll house.
(c) An ant farm.
(d) A gerbil village.
4. What is Addie trying to figure out about the train track?
(a) If it is an underpass or overpass.
(b) If it is strong enough for the train.
(c) It it is loose.
(d) If it vibrates.
5. What does Addie remember about Grandio's friend?
(a) The friend helped Grandio when Grandio was dying of cancer.
(b) The friend is ill.
(c) The friend died of cancer.
(d) Grandio's friend is a doctor.
6. What does Rick call Elliot?
(a) A realist.
(b) A jerk.
(c) A dreamer.
(d) The love of his life.
7. What is Elliot doing when Addie finds him?
(a) Eating a burger.
(b) Comforting Soula.
(c) Smoking outside.
(d) Manning the cash register.
8. What time does Addie's mother awaken?
(a) Around noon.
(b) About 10 in the morning.
(c) Early in the morning.
(d) 4 in the afternoon.
9. What does Addie find when she returns home after showing off her hamster?
(a) Her mother is asleep.
(b) Her mother is dressed up to leave for the evening.
(c) Something is burning on the stove.
(d) Her mother is talking to Dwight on the phone.
10. Where is Addie's bed in her new space?
(a) In the second bedroom.
(b) In the living room.
(c) A bunk above a closet.
(d) Where used to be the laundry closet.
11. How does Addie's mother feel when they arrive at their new home?
12. What does Soula say kept reappearing?
(a) A feral cat.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A stray dog.
13. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
(a) She knows Dwight liked to hear her play.
(b) She plays rather badly.
(c) Her mom is always telling her to stop the racket.
(d) Her mother stole it from Addie's last school.
14. What is wrong with Soula?
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Brains tumor.
(d) Heart problems.
15. What does Soula say she wants to do when Addie starts to go home?
(a) See the hamster.
(b) Meet Dwight.
(c) Have Addie stay for dinner.
(d) Meet Addie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Addie's mother forbid her to do?
2. Who is Hannah?
3. Where does Addie discover a glass room?
4. What is Soula doing when Addie finds her?
5. What does Denise say Dwight lacked?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)