|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Elliot, Soula and Addie agree that life would be empty without?
2. What is wrong with Soula?
(a) Breast cancer.
(c) Brains tumor.
(d) Heart problems.
3. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
(a) Several hours.
(b) One day.
(c) 3 days.
(d) A week.
4. What does Addie's mother do on the internet?
(a) Writes a letter to her congress person.
(b) Nothing because she is not computer literate.
(c) Finds a chat room.
(d) Applies for a job.
5. Why does Addie think she blew it when she was nine by telling Dwight Denise wasn't home?
(a) Addie loses the company of the Littles.
(b) Denise is mad at her for days.
(c) The Littles are upset about being taken from Denise.
(d) Dwight did not want her anymore.
6. What does Dwight say is Denise other option for living?
(a) Her brother's ranch.
(b) Her mother's home.
(c) Her ex-father-in-law.
(d) Public housing.
7. What does Dwight want the courts to decide?
(a) If Diane is fit as a mother.
(b) Alimony payments.
(c) Custody issues.
(d) Child support payments.
8. Who does Dwight call when he learns that Denise was not around?
(b) Child protective services.
9. What happened to their former house after Dwight moves out?
(a) It is a happier place.
(b) It burns down.
(c) Mommers keeps it immaculate.
(d) It becomes a mess.
10. Who is Rick?
(a) An old boyfriend of Denise's.
(b) Dwight's brother.
(c) Soula's cousin.
(d) The man who owns the Numbskull Pub.
11. What does Addie tell Denise Addie will be doing on Halloween?
(a) Handing out candy at the mini-mart.
(b) Going door-to-door trick or treating.
(c) Practicing for music tryouts.
(d) Working on a science project.
12. What does Addie ask Mommers about the money Dwight gave them?
(a) If the money has to be paid back.
(b) If Mommers gave the money to Pete.
(c) If the money is enough for Addie's college.
(d) If the money will pay the rent for a few months.
13. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
14. What does Soula say she wants to do when Addie starts to go home?
(a) Meet Addie's mother.
(b) See the hamster.
(c) Meet Dwight.
(d) Have Addie stay for dinner.
15. What was Mommers going to make Addie for dinner?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Tuna salad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
2. What is Addie trying to figure out about the train track?
3. Who is Pete?
4. Who does Denise call a reprobate?
5. What does Soula put on the board in her store?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)