|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Addie get scared later that evening?
(a) Her mom is not home by midnight.
(b) The phone rings unexpectedly.
(c) She hears some police and ambulance sirens.
(d) She hears someone yelling outside.
2. What does Addie tell Denise Addie will be doing on Halloween?
(a) Practicing for music tryouts.
(b) Working on a science project.
(c) Handing out candy at the mini-mart.
(d) Going door-to-door trick or treating.
3. What does Dwight tell Addie he has set up for her in her new home?
(a) A computer.
(b) A gerbil village.
(c) An ant farm.
(d) A doll house.
4. What does Mommers say will take place over dinner?
(a) A vocabulary quiz.
(b) A tasting treat.
(c) A job interview.
5. What does Denise ask Addie about Soula and Elliot?
(a) If they are just being nice to Addie.
(b) If they ever say anything bad about Denise.
(c) If they are husband and wife.
(d) If they are fun.
6. Who is Hannah?
(a) Addie's teacher.
(b) Denise's sister.
(c) The woman who owns the mansion where Dwight is working.
(d) Soula's best friend.
7. What does Dwight want the courts to decide?
(a) Custody issues.
(b) If Diane is fit as a mother.
(c) Child support payments.
(d) Alimony payments.
8. What does Rick call Elliot?
(a) A dreamer.
(b) The love of his life.
(c) A jerk.
(d) A realist.
9. What does Dwight tell Denise he has been offered?
(a) A different job but at the same location.
(b) A promotion at the factory.
(c) A swap for his house.
(d) An out-of-town job.
10. What has changed as far as money for Denise and Addie?
(a) Dwight is handing over the money to Addie instead of Denise.
(b) Denise has received a significant inheritance from a distant relative.
(c) They have even less than before.
(d) Denise is bringing money home regularly.
11. Who is Pete?
(a) The man who Mommers met for a supposed business reason.
(b) A friend of Grandios.
(c) Denise's brother.
(d) Dwight's brother.
12. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
13. What happened to their former house after Dwight moves out?
(a) It is a happier place.
(b) Mommers keeps it immaculate.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It becomes a mess.
14. How does Addie's mother feel when they arrive at their new home?
15. How many steps are there to get to anywhere in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Addie call her mother's bedroom?
2. Where does the sentence "Dory is a numbskull" appear?
3. What does Addie's mother forbid her to do?
4. How are Addie and her mother different?
5. What is Elliot doing when Addie finds him?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)