|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Denise get in a fight with Dwight when he brings his daughters over?
(a) The girls are very thin.
(b) The girls are hungry.
(c) The girls are dirty.
(d) Denise wants Dwight to leave the girls for a while.
2. What does Addie remember about Grandio's friend?
(a) The friend is ill.
(b) The friend helped Grandio when Grandio was dying of cancer.
(c) The friend died of cancer.
(d) Grandio's friend is a doctor.
3. Who does Dwight call when he learns that Denise was not around?
(c) Child protective services.
4. What does Dwight want the courts to decide?
(a) If Diane is fit as a mother.
(b) Custody issues.
(c) Child support payments.
(d) Alimony payments.
5. What time does Mommers wake Addie to say she is home?
(a) 7 am.
(b) 2 am.
(d) 4 am.
6. What is Addie trying to figure out about the train track?
(a) It it is loose.
(b) If it vibrates.
(c) If it is strong enough for the train.
(d) If it is an underpass or overpass.
7. What does Soula say she wants to do when Addie starts to go home?
(a) Meet Dwight.
(b) Meet Addie's mother.
(c) Have Addie stay for dinner.
(d) See the hamster.
8. Who confronts Addie after she has her tryout with Ms. Rivera?
(a) No one.
9. Who is Hannah?
(a) Addie's teacher.
(b) Denise's sister.
(c) Soula's best friend.
(d) The woman who owns the mansion where Dwight is working.
10. What does Addie's mother do on the internet?
(a) Applies for a job.
(b) Writes a letter to her congress person.
(c) Finds a chat room.
(d) Nothing because she is not computer literate.
11. Who has arranged for where Addie is living?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her stepfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
12. What does Denise say is the reason she felt alright about disappearing?
(a) Addie had a list of numbers to call for help.
(b) Addie was on break and could care for the Littles.
(c) Addie is old for her age.
(d) The neighbors were keeping an eye on the place.
13. Who is Pete?
(a) Dwight's brother.
(b) Denise's brother.
(c) A friend of Grandios.
(d) The man who Mommers met for a supposed business reason.
14. What was Mommers going to make Addie for dinner?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
(c) Tuna salad.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
15. What does Mommers say will take place over dinner?
(a) A job interview.
(b) A vocabulary quiz.
(d) A tasting treat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denise do on Monday morning when Addie is leaving for school?
2. Where does the sentence "Dory is a numbskull" appear?
3. Where is Addie's bed in her new space?
4. About what smell does Denise complain when she gets home?
5. What joke does Soula make about being large?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)