|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Soula and Elliot act to Addie?
2. How does Addie's mother feel when they arrive at their new home?
3. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
(a) One day.
(b) A week.
(c) Several hours.
(d) 3 days.
4. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
5. What does Denise do on Monday morning when Addie is leaving for school?
(a) Arrives in a very disheveled state.
(b) Pulls up in a new car.
(c) Calls and says Dwight is going to be picking her up after school.
(d) Calls and says to stay with Soula and Elliot.
6. Who has arranged for where Addie is living?
(a) Her stepfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
7. What does Addie call her mother's bedroom?
(a) The old folk's home.
(b) The lion's den.
(d) The luxury bedroom.
8. What does Soula say kept reappearing?
(a) A stray dog.
(b) A feral cat.
(d) A raccoon.
9. Why does Addie take a book instead of getting on the computer?
(a) The computer is broken.
(b) She prefers reading.
(c) Her mom is on it and will be for the rest of the evening.
(d) There is no computer in her new home.
10. What does Soula say she wants to do when Addie starts to go home?
(a) Meet Dwight.
(b) See the hamster.
(c) Have Addie stay for dinner.
(d) Meet Addie's mother.
11. What does Denise ask Addie about Soula and Elliot?
(a) If they are fun.
(b) If they ever say anything bad about Denise.
(c) If they are just being nice to Addie.
(d) If they are husband and wife.
12. What does Denise say is the reason she felt alright about disappearing?
(a) The neighbors were keeping an eye on the place.
(b) Addie is old for her age.
(c) Addie had a list of numbers to call for help.
(d) Addie was on break and could care for the Littles.
13. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
(a) Her mom is always telling her to stop the racket.
(b) Her mother stole it from Addie's last school.
(c) She plays rather badly.
(d) She knows Dwight liked to hear her play.
14. What does Addie say she does not want to know when Mommers drives her to school?
(a) How Denise has a new car.
(b) If Denise is happy.
(c) Why Denise was gone for so long.
(d) Why Denise is sending her to Dwight to live.
15. Who is Hannah?
(a) Addie's teacher.
(b) The woman who owns the mansion where Dwight is working.
(c) Soula's best friend.
(d) Denise's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rick?
2. How does Dwight react when he learns Denise is gone?
3. How many steps are there to get to anywhere in the house?
4. For whom does Rick leave a note?
5. Who does Denise call a reprobate?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)