|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many steps are there to get to anywhere in the house?
2. What does Addie call her mother's bedroom?
(a) The luxury bedroom.
(b) The lion's den.
(c) The old folk's home.
3. Where does Addie discover a glass room?
(a) On one of the trailers in the park.
(b) On the minimart across the street.
(c) In the back of the apartment complex where she lives.
(d) Attached to the back of her school's cafeteria.
4. What does Dwight make Addie and her half sisters?
(a) A sandbox.
(b) A rope swing.
(c) A doll house.
(d) A croquet set.
5. What time does Addie's mother awaken?
(a) About 10 in the morning.
(b) Around noon.
(c) Early in the morning.
(d) 4 in the afternoon.
6. Why does Addie get scared later that evening?
(a) The phone rings unexpectedly.
(b) She hears some police and ambulance sirens.
(c) Her mom is not home by midnight.
(d) She hears someone yelling outside.
7. What does Addie not read in Soula's store?
(a) There is nothing of interest to her.
(b) She would have to pull out her vocabulary cards.
(c) She is afraid of offending Soula.
(d) She is not tall enough to reach the board.
8. What does Denise do on Monday morning when Addie is leaving for school?
(a) Calls and says Dwight is going to be picking her up after school.
(b) Calls and says to stay with Soula and Elliot.
(c) Pulls up in a new car.
(d) Arrives in a very disheveled state.
9. For what reason is Helena told to talk to the school nurse?
(a) To find out if her blood sugar is elevated.
(b) To tell the nurse about Helena's headaches.
(c) To learn about how to control B.O.
(d) To find out if she has head lice.
10. What is Elliot doing when Addie finds him?
(a) Eating a burger.
(b) Comforting Soula.
(c) Manning the cash register.
(d) Smoking outside.
11. Why does Addie take a book instead of getting on the computer?
(a) She prefers reading.
(b) There is no computer in her new home.
(c) Her mom is on it and will be for the rest of the evening.
(d) The computer is broken.
12. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
13. What does Addie wish her mom?
(a) To call Addie at nine.
(b) To have a good workout.
(c) To be home by nine.
(d) To have a good interview.
14. How does Addie's mother feel when they arrive at their new home?
15. Who are Soula and Elliot?
(a) Two homeless people.
(b) The managers of the trailer park.
(c) The managers of the apartment complex.
(d) The owners of a minimart.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Rick leave a note?
2. What does Dwight tell Addie he has set up for her in her new home?
3. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
4. What is wrong with Soula?
5. What does Addie ask Mommers about the money Dwight gave them?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)