|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Addie just moved when the book opens?
(a) A new home built just for the family.
(b) A huge apartment complex.
(c) A trailer.
(d) A duplex.
2. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
(a) A week.
(b) 3 days.
(c) Several hours.
(d) One day.
3. What does Denise ask Addie about Soula and Elliot?
(a) If they are fun.
(b) If they are husband and wife.
(c) If they ever say anything bad about Denise.
(d) If they are just being nice to Addie.
4. Who confronts Addie after she has her tryout with Ms. Rivera?
(d) No one.
5. What does Addie tell Denise Addie will be doing on Halloween?
(a) Handing out candy at the mini-mart.
(b) Working on a science project.
(c) Practicing for music tryouts.
(d) Going door-to-door trick or treating.
6. Who is Hannah?
(a) Soula's best friend.
(b) Addie's teacher.
(c) Denise's sister.
(d) The woman who owns the mansion where Dwight is working.
7. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
8. Why does Denise get in a fight with Dwight when he brings his daughters over?
(a) The girls are hungry.
(b) Denise wants Dwight to leave the girls for a while.
(c) The girls are very thin.
(d) The girls are dirty.
9. What is Empty Acre?
(a) The vacant lot across the street from Addie's home.
(b) The name of the bar Denise frequents.
(c) A small, grassy area with a pond about two blocks from Addie's home.
(d) A small park with nothing in it.
10. What does Dwight want the courts to decide?
(a) If Diane is fit as a mother.
(b) Alimony payments.
(c) Custody issues.
(d) Child support payments.
11. Who has arranged for where Addie is living?
(a) Her stepfather.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
12. What is Addie trying to figure out about the train track?
(a) If it is strong enough for the train.
(b) If it is an underpass or overpass.
(c) It it is loose.
(d) If it vibrates.
13. What does Denise say about Pete?
(a) He is trying to seduce her.
(b) He is a windbag.
(c) He is cheap.
(d) He is gorgeous.
14. Where does the sentence "Dory is a numbskull" appear?
(a) On an old picture of the overpass.
(b) On the wall around the dumpster in the apartment where Addie lives.
(c) On one of the wheels of the trailer where Addie lives.
(d) On Addie's locker at school.
15. What is wrong with Soula?
(b) Brains tumor.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) Heart problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Denise call a reprobate?
2. What does Denise do on Monday morning when Addie is leaving for school?
3. What does Addie ask her mother if she does?
4. What does Addie's mother do on the internet?
5. What does Mommers yell at Addie and tell her to clean up?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)