|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mommers yell at Addie and tell her to clean up?
(a) The rotted pumpkin.
(b) The bathroom sink.
(c) The refrigerator.
(d) The kitchen counters.
2. How does Dwight react when he learns Denise is gone?
(a) He thinks it's good riddance.
(b) He feels sorry for Denise.
(c) He is supportive.
(d) He is enraged.
3. How does Addie feel about her new home?
4. For what reason is Helena told to talk to the school nurse?
(a) To find out if her blood sugar is elevated.
(b) To find out if she has head lice.
(c) To tell the nurse about Helena's headaches.
(d) To learn about how to control B.O.
5. Who has arranged for where Addie is living?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her stepfather.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
6. Where does Addie discover a glass room?
(a) In the back of the apartment complex where she lives.
(b) On one of the trailers in the park.
(c) On the minimart across the street.
(d) Attached to the back of her school's cafeteria.
7. What does Addie not read in Soula's store?
(a) She would have to pull out her vocabulary cards.
(b) She is afraid of offending Soula.
(c) There is nothing of interest to her.
(d) She is not tall enough to reach the board.
8. Who are Soula and Elliot?
(a) The owners of a minimart.
(b) The managers of the trailer park.
(c) Two homeless people.
(d) The managers of the apartment complex.
9. What joke does Soula make about being large?
(a) That she doesn't have to work as hard.
(b) That no one messes with her.
(c) That it's lucky they found the tumor.
(d) That she is easy to find in a crowd.
10. Why does Addie think she blew it when she was nine by telling Dwight Denise wasn't home?
(a) Addie loses the company of the Littles.
(b) Denise is mad at her for days.
(c) Dwight did not want her anymore.
(d) The Littles are upset about being taken from Denise.
11. Why does Denise get in a fight with Dwight when he brings his daughters over?
(a) The girls are very thin.
(b) The girls are hungry.
(c) Denise wants Dwight to leave the girls for a while.
(d) The girls are dirty.
12. What is Soula doing when Addie finds her?
(c) Talking on her phone.
13. Why does Addie take a book instead of getting on the computer?
(a) Her mom is on it and will be for the rest of the evening.
(b) There is no computer in her new home.
(c) The computer is broken.
(d) She prefers reading.
14. What happened to their former house after Dwight moves out?
(a) Mommers keeps it immaculate.
(b) It is a happier place.
(c) It becomes a mess.
(d) It burns down.
15. How does Addie's mother feel when they arrive at their new home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dwight call when he learns that Denise was not around?
2. What does Dwight tell Denise he has been offered?
3. What does Addie remember about Grandio's friend?
4. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
5. Where is Addie's bed in her new space?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)