Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie's mother forbid her to do?
(a) Hang out at the minimart.
(b) Talk to Dwight.
(c) Talk to her half sisters.
(d) Go over to her best friend's house.
2. What does Addie tell Denise Addie will be doing on Halloween?
(a) Practicing for music tryouts.
(b) Handing out candy at the mini-mart.
(c) Going door-to-door trick or treating.
(d) Working on a science project.
3. Where does Addie discover a glass room?
(a) On one of the trailers in the park.
(b) On the minimart across the street.
(c) In the back of the apartment complex where she lives.
(d) Attached to the back of her school's cafeteria.
4. What does Addie say she does not want to know when Mommers drives her to school?
(a) If Denise is happy.
(b) Why Denise was gone for so long.
(c) How Denise has a new car.
(d) Why Denise is sending her to Dwight to live.
5. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
(a) At the way the hamster chases its tail.
(b) At the squawks Addie makes on the piccolo.
(c) The sight of the hamster crawling inside the pumpkin.
(d) At a man trying to catch his dog.
6. What does Mommers say will take place over dinner?
(a) A tasting treat.
(b) A vocabulary quiz.
(c) A job interview.
7. What does Denise do as she arrives at her new home?
(b) Goes through it carefully.
(c) Calls Dwight and screams at him.
8. What happened to their former house after Dwight moves out?
(a) It is a happier place.
(b) It becomes a mess.
(c) Mommers keeps it immaculate.
(d) It burns down.
9. What does Dwight make Addie and her half sisters?
(a) A rope swing.
(b) A croquet set.
(c) A doll house.
(d) A sandbox.
10. What do Elliot, Soula and Addie agree that life would be empty without?
11. What does Denise say Dwight lacked?
(c) A love of learning.
12. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
(a) Her mom is always telling her to stop the racket.
(b) She plays rather badly.
(c) Her mother stole it from Addie's last school.
(d) She knows Dwight liked to hear her play.
13. Who are the Littles?
(a) Addie's name for her half sisters.
(b) The neighbors down the street.
(c) The neighbors next door.
(d) The fairies with whom Addie chats.
14. For whom does Rick leave a note?
15. What does Dwight say is Denise other option for living?
(a) Her ex-father-in-law.
(b) Public housing.
(c) Her brother's ranch.
(d) Her mother's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Addie get scared later that evening?
2. Who is Rick?
3. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
4. What is Empty Acre?
5. How does Addie feel about her new home?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)