|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Soula?
(b) Heart problems.
(c) Brains tumor.
(d) Breast cancer.
2. What time does Mommers wake Addie to say she is home?
(a) 7 am.
(b) 4 am.
(c) 2 am.
3. Who is Hannah?
(a) Denise's sister.
(b) Soula's best friend.
(c) The woman who owns the mansion where Dwight is working.
(d) Addie's teacher.
4. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
(a) Several hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) A week.
(d) One day.
5. What does Addie find when she returns home after showing off her hamster?
(a) Her mother is asleep.
(b) Her mother is dressed up to leave for the evening.
(c) Something is burning on the stove.
(d) Her mother is talking to Dwight on the phone.
6. What does Addie say she does not want to know when Mommers drives her to school?
(a) Why Denise is sending her to Dwight to live.
(b) How Denise has a new car.
(c) Why Denise was gone for so long.
(d) If Denise is happy.
7. What does Soula put on the board in her store?
(a) A help wanted poster.
(b) Clippings about the community.
(c) A list of reasons to shop at the store.
(d) Pictures of the kids.
8. What does Dwight tell Addie he has set up for her in her new home?
(a) A doll house.
(b) A gerbil village.
(c) An ant farm.
(d) A computer.
9. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
(a) She plays rather badly.
(b) Her mom is always telling her to stop the racket.
(c) Her mother stole it from Addie's last school.
(d) She knows Dwight liked to hear her play.
10. Where does the sentence "Dory is a numbskull" appear?
(a) On the wall around the dumpster in the apartment where Addie lives.
(b) On Addie's locker at school.
(c) On one of the wheels of the trailer where Addie lives.
(d) On an old picture of the overpass.
11. How does Dwight react when he learns Denise is gone?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He feels sorry for Denise.
(c) He is supportive.
(d) He thinks it's good riddance.
12. Why does Addie take a book instead of getting on the computer?
(a) She prefers reading.
(b) The computer is broken.
(c) There is no computer in her new home.
(d) Her mom is on it and will be for the rest of the evening.
13. Who does Dwight call when he learns that Denise was not around?
(a) Child protective services.
14. What does Soula say kept reappearing?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A feral cat.
(c) A stray dog.
15. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
(a) At the way the hamster chases its tail.
(b) At a man trying to catch his dog.
(c) The sight of the hamster crawling inside the pumpkin.
(d) At the squawks Addie makes on the piccolo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Elliot, Soula and Addie agree that life would be empty without?
2. Who does Denise call a reprobate?
3. What was Mommers going to make Addie for dinner?
4. Who is Pete?
5. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)