|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie's mother do on the internet?
(a) Writes a letter to her congress person.
(b) Nothing because she is not computer literate.
(c) Applies for a job.
(d) Finds a chat room.
2. What do Elliot, Soula and Addie agree that life would be empty without?
3. What has changed as far as money for Denise and Addie?
(a) Dwight is handing over the money to Addie instead of Denise.
(b) Denise is bringing money home regularly.
(c) Denise has received a significant inheritance from a distant relative.
(d) They have even less than before.
4. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
(a) Her mother stole it from Addie's last school.
(b) She knows Dwight liked to hear her play.
(c) Her mom is always telling her to stop the racket.
(d) She plays rather badly.
5. Where is Addie's bed in her new space?
(a) In the living room.
(b) Where used to be the laundry closet.
(c) In the second bedroom.
(d) A bunk above a closet.
6. Why does Denise get in a fight with Dwight when he brings his daughters over?
(a) The girls are dirty.
(b) The girls are hungry.
(c) Denise wants Dwight to leave the girls for a while.
(d) The girls are very thin.
7. What is Soula doing when Addie finds her?
(a) Talking on her phone.
8. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
(a) 3 days.
(b) A week.
(c) Several hours.
(d) One day.
9. Who does Denise call a reprobate?
(a) Addie's biological father.
10. What does Addie call her mother's bedroom?
(a) The old folk's home.
(b) The lion's den.
(c) The luxury bedroom.
11. What does Dwight make Addie and her half sisters?
(a) A sandbox.
(b) A rope swing.
(c) A doll house.
(d) A croquet set.
12. For whom does Rick leave a note?
13. What does Dwight tell Addie he has set up for her in her new home?
(a) A doll house.
(b) An ant farm.
(c) A computer.
(d) A gerbil village.
14. What does Denise say Dwight lacked?
(d) A love of learning.
15. What does Rick call Elliot?
(a) The love of his life.
(b) A realist.
(c) A dreamer.
(d) A jerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soula say kept reappearing?
2. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
3. What is Empty Acre?
4. Why does Addie get scared later that evening?
5. What does Addie not read in Soula's store?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)