|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie remember about Grandio's friend?
(a) The friend died of cancer.
(b) The friend helped Grandio when Grandio was dying of cancer.
(c) Grandio's friend is a doctor.
(d) The friend is ill.
2. Why does Addie take a book instead of getting on the computer?
(a) There is no computer in her new home.
(b) The computer is broken.
(c) She prefers reading.
(d) Her mom is on it and will be for the rest of the evening.
3. What does Addie tell Denise Addie will be doing on Halloween?
(a) Going door-to-door trick or treating.
(b) Handing out candy at the mini-mart.
(c) Working on a science project.
(d) Practicing for music tryouts.
4. What joke does Soula make about being large?
(a) That she doesn't have to work as hard.
(b) That she is easy to find in a crowd.
(c) That no one messes with her.
(d) That it's lucky they found the tumor.
5. What does Denise say about Pete?
(a) He is a windbag.
(b) He is gorgeous.
(c) He is trying to seduce her.
(d) He is cheap.
6. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
(a) At the squawks Addie makes on the piccolo.
(b) The sight of the hamster crawling inside the pumpkin.
(c) At a man trying to catch his dog.
(d) At the way the hamster chases its tail.
7. What does Soula say she wants to do when Addie starts to go home?
(a) Meet Addie's mother.
(b) Meet Dwight.
(c) Have Addie stay for dinner.
(d) See the hamster.
8. Who are Brynna and Katie?
(a) Denise's two older sisters.
(b) Dwight's cousins.
(c) Addie's half sisters.
(d) Addie's cousins.
9. What does Addie not read in Soula's store?
(a) She is not tall enough to reach the board.
(b) She is afraid of offending Soula.
(c) She would have to pull out her vocabulary cards.
(d) There is nothing of interest to her.
10. Who are the Littles?
(a) Addie's name for her half sisters.
(b) The fairies with whom Addie chats.
(c) The neighbors next door.
(d) The neighbors down the street.
11. Why does Addie think she blew it when she was nine by telling Dwight Denise wasn't home?
(a) Addie loses the company of the Littles.
(b) The Littles are upset about being taken from Denise.
(c) Denise is mad at her for days.
(d) Dwight did not want her anymore.
12. How do Soula and Elliot act to Addie?
13. What is Elliot doing when Addie finds him?
(a) Eating a burger.
(b) Comforting Soula.
(c) Manning the cash register.
(d) Smoking outside.
14. What time does Addie's mother awaken?
(a) Around noon.
(b) About 10 in the morning.
(c) 4 in the afternoon.
(d) Early in the morning.
15. What does Addie's mother do on the internet?
(a) Applies for a job.
(b) Nothing because she is not computer literate.
(c) Finds a chat room.
(d) Writes a letter to her congress person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dwight want the courts to decide?
2. Who has arranged for where Addie is living?
3. What is Empty Acre?
4. What does Denise do as she arrives at her new home?
5. What does Addie's mother forbid her to do?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)