|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Addie's mother forbid her to do?
(a) Hang out at the minimart.
(b) Talk to Dwight.
(c) Go over to her best friend's house.
(d) Talk to her half sisters.
2. What does Denise ask Addie about Soula and Elliot?
(a) If they are fun.
(b) If they ever say anything bad about Denise.
(c) If they are just being nice to Addie.
(d) If they are husband and wife.
3. How do Soula and Elliot act to Addie?
4. For what reason is Helena told to talk to the school nurse?
(a) To learn about how to control B.O.
(b) To tell the nurse about Helena's headaches.
(c) To find out if her blood sugar is elevated.
(d) To find out if she has head lice.
5. Who has arranged for where Addie is living?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her stepfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
6. What does Soula say she wants to do when Addie starts to go home?
(a) Have Addie stay for dinner.
(b) See the hamster.
(c) Meet Addie's mother.
(d) Meet Dwight.
7. What does Mommers say will take place over dinner?
(b) A job interview.
(c) A vocabulary quiz.
(d) A tasting treat.
8. Where does Addie discover a glass room?
(a) On one of the trailers in the park.
(b) In the back of the apartment complex where she lives.
(c) Attached to the back of her school's cafeteria.
(d) On the minimart across the street.
9. What does Dwight say is Denise other option for living?
(a) Her brother's ranch.
(b) Her mother's home.
(c) Public housing.
(d) Her ex-father-in-law.
10. What does Addie's mother do on the internet?
(a) Finds a chat room.
(b) Writes a letter to her congress person.
(c) Nothing because she is not computer literate.
(d) Applies for a job.
11. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
(a) At the way the hamster chases its tail.
(b) At the squawks Addie makes on the piccolo.
(c) At a man trying to catch his dog.
(d) The sight of the hamster crawling inside the pumpkin.
12. What happened to their former house after Dwight moves out?
(a) It is a happier place.
(b) Mommers keeps it immaculate.
(c) It becomes a mess.
(d) It burns down.
13. What does Denise say Dwight lacked?
(a) A love of learning.
14. What does Denise do on Monday morning when Addie is leaving for school?
(a) Arrives in a very disheveled state.
(b) Pulls up in a new car.
(c) Calls and says Dwight is going to be picking her up after school.
(d) Calls and says to stay with Soula and Elliot.
15. About what smell does Denise complain when she gets home?
(b) Burnt toast.
(c) Hamster poop.
(d) Rotten pumpkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Denise get in a fight with Dwight when he brings his daughters over?
2. Who confronts Addie after she has her tryout with Ms. Rivera?
3. What does Denise say is the reason she felt alright about disappearing?
4. Why does Addie get scared later that evening?
5. What does Addie ask her mother if she does?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)