|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dwight react when he learns Denise is gone?
(a) He is supportive.
(b) He feels sorry for Denise.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He thinks it's good riddance.
2. Why does Addie take a book instead of getting on the computer?
(a) She prefers reading.
(b) Her mom is on it and will be for the rest of the evening.
(c) There is no computer in her new home.
(d) The computer is broken.
3. What is Soula doing when Addie finds her?
(a) Talking on her phone.
4. Where does the sentence "Dory is a numbskull" appear?
(a) On the wall around the dumpster in the apartment where Addie lives.
(b) On an old picture of the overpass.
(c) On Addie's locker at school.
(d) On one of the wheels of the trailer where Addie lives.
5. What does Denise ask Addie about Soula and Elliot?
(a) If they are husband and wife.
(b) If they are fun.
(c) If they ever say anything bad about Denise.
(d) If they are just being nice to Addie.
6. How do Soula and Elliot act to Addie?
7. Who is Pete?
(a) Denise's brother.
(b) Dwight's brother.
(c) A friend of Grandios.
(d) The man who Mommers met for a supposed business reason.
8. What does Dwight say is Denise other option for living?
(a) Her brother's ranch.
(b) Public housing.
(c) Her mother's home.
(d) Her ex-father-in-law.
9. For how long does Addie's mom disappear when Addie is nine?
(a) Several hours.
(b) A week.
(c) 3 days.
(d) One day.
10. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
(a) She knows Dwight liked to hear her play.
(b) She plays rather badly.
(c) Her mom is always telling her to stop the racket.
(d) Her mother stole it from Addie's last school.
11. How are Addie and her mother different?
(a) Addie is upbeat and her mother is a whiner.
(b) Addie is practical and her mother is a spendthrift.
(c) Addie is robust and her mother is frail.
(d) Addie is upbeat and her mother is depressed.
12. Who are the Littles?
(a) The neighbors next door.
(b) The fairies with whom Addie chats.
(c) The neighbors down the street.
(d) Addie's name for her half sisters.
13. What does Denise say Dwight lacked?
(d) A love of learning.
14. Who confronts Addie after she has her tryout with Ms. Rivera?
(b) No one.
15. What does Denise say about Pete?
(a) He is gorgeous.
(b) He is trying to seduce her.
(c) He is cheap.
(d) He is a windbag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hannah?
2. What does Soula say kept reappearing?
3. Where has Addie just moved when the book opens?
4. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
5. Who are Soula and Elliot?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)