|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to their former house after Dwight moves out?
(a) It is a happier place.
(b) It becomes a mess.
(c) It burns down.
(d) Mommers keeps it immaculate.
2. Who are Brynna and Katie?
(a) Dwight's cousins.
(b) Denise's two older sisters.
(c) Addie's cousins.
(d) Addie's half sisters.
3. What was Mommers going to make Addie for dinner?
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
(d) Tuna salad.
4. Who are the Littles?
(a) Addie's name for her half sisters.
(b) The fairies with whom Addie chats.
(c) The neighbors next door.
(d) The neighbors down the street.
5. How does Dwight react when he learns Denise is gone?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He is supportive.
(c) He thinks it's good riddance.
(d) He feels sorry for Denise.
6. What is wrong with Soula?
(a) Heart problems.
(c) Brains tumor.
(d) Breast cancer.
7. Why does Denise get in a fight with Dwight when he brings his daughters over?
(a) The girls are dirty.
(b) The girls are very thin.
(c) The girls are hungry.
(d) Denise wants Dwight to leave the girls for a while.
8. Why does Addie feel badly when she practices her flute?
(a) She plays rather badly.
(b) Her mom is always telling her to stop the racket.
(c) Her mother stole it from Addie's last school.
(d) She knows Dwight liked to hear her play.
9. What does Addie remember about Grandio's friend?
(a) Grandio's friend is a doctor.
(b) The friend is ill.
(c) The friend helped Grandio when Grandio was dying of cancer.
(d) The friend died of cancer.
10. Who is Hannah?
(a) Denise's sister.
(b) The woman who owns the mansion where Dwight is working.
(c) Addie's teacher.
(d) Soula's best friend.
11. What does Addie wish her mom?
(a) To have a good workout.
(b) To call Addie at nine.
(c) To be home by nine.
(d) To have a good interview.
12. What does Dwight say is Denise other option for living?
(a) Her brother's ranch.
(b) Her ex-father-in-law.
(c) Her mother's home.
(d) Public housing.
13. How are Addie and her mother different?
(a) Addie is upbeat and her mother is a whiner.
(b) Addie is robust and her mother is frail.
(c) Addie is practical and her mother is a spendthrift.
(d) Addie is upbeat and her mother is depressed.
14. What does Soula say is her relationship to Elliot?
15. What time does Mommers wake Addie to say she is home?
(b) 7 am.
(c) 2 am.
(d) 4 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Addie not read in Soula's store?
2. Where has Addie just moved when the book opens?
3. Over what do Addie and her mother laugh?
4. What is Soula doing when Addie finds her?
5. What does Denise say about Pete?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)