|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
2. What did the Corporal do when he saw Jo looking scared by the cabin?
3. What did Jo's family often do on Sundays?
4. What alerted the soldiers on the mountain?
5. How did Papa react to the soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jo feel about the return of his father?
2. What happened to the bear that Benjamin raised?
3. Who came up with the idea for getting the children safe, and why was this surprising?
4. Who visits Jo at the very end of the book?
5. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
6. What happens after the German leave?
7. What happens when the Germans arrive?
8. How do the Germans respond to the sheep herding?
9. What does the corporal confess to Jo, and how does he respond to Jo's proclamation that he was friends with Benjamin and Leah?
10. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anya's return and what it signified.
Essay Topic 2
How did Jo feel about Laurent's plan, and why did he do it? What happened after they scared the woman?
Essay Topic 3
What did the stranger's interactions with the bear cub demonstrate about his own personality?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)