|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madame Horcada say about Maman?
2. How did Hubert help the cave children mingle with the village children?
3. What job did Jo take on after school?
4. What was the church like on the night of the special Mass?
5. What toy did Jo recognize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
2. How does the priest's musical talents help the children?
3. How do the Germans respond to the sheep herding?
4. How does Grandpere help heal the rift between the father and the son?
5. Who came up with the idea for getting the children safe, and why was this surprising?
6. What happened to the bear that Benjamin raised?
7. What does Jo learn before his father arrives home with news about the children?
8. What is life like for Jo after the war?
9. How did Hubert react to the news that the Germans were leaving?
10. What is the children's new hiding spot like, and how did they find it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What solution does Madame come up with to take care of her financial difficulties? How does Grandpere respond to this solution?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the children's new hiding place and Jo's reaction to it. Describe how Joe related to the children themselves.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Leah and Benjamin had to go into hiding and why they chose this spot.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)