|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Jo's father have?
2. What did Jo do to escape from the pain the war left him with?
3. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
4. What did Jo's family often do on Sundays?
5. According to Papa, who would divide the animals in the evening?
Essay Topic 1
How did Jo feel about finding Grandpere at Madame Horcada's? How did Grandpere react to seeing him there? What plan did they come up with regarding this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Leah. What made her come into the house? Why did this make Benjamin angry? How did she react to his anger? How was she comforted?
Essay Topic 3
The villagers treated Jo like a hero. How did this make him feel? Did he feel as if he deserved their respect? Why or why not?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)