|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jo get for Benjamin?
2. How did the widow react to the news that the soldiers were coming?
3. What came out of the woods as they were heading home?
4. How did Hubert help the cave children mingle with the village children?
5. What happened to the Corporal's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Corporal show that he cares about Hubert?
2. How did Hubert react to the news that the Germans were leaving?
3. Where does Grandpere go when the Germans come to Madame Horcada's house?
4. What happens when the Germans arrive?
5. What happened when Jo saw Benjamin and Leah in town?
6. After Benjamin and Leah are sent away, what thought comforts Jo?
7. What occurred shortly after Benjamin and Leah were taken away and how did this affect Benjamin and Leah?
8. How does Grandpere help heal the rift between the father and the son?
9. What happened while Jo was out looking for eagles with the Corporal?
10. What does Jo do when the German's come to Madame Horcada's house after his Grandpere leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Jo feel about finding Grandpere at Madame Horcada's? How did Grandpere react to seeing him there? What plan did they come up with regarding this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Most of the men in the village went off to war. How has this affected the village as a whole? How has it affected Jo? How does he compensate for the loss of his father?
Essay Topic 3
What are the ramifications of Benjamin's injured ankle? How will this affect the children he is trying to get to safety? How does it affect Madame Horcada?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)