|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Jo's father have?
2. What did Jo do to escape from the pain the war left him with?
3. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
4. What did Jo's family often do on Sundays?
5. According to Papa, who would divide the animals in the evening?
Essay Topic 1
How did Jo feel about Laurent's plan, and why did he do it? What happened after they scared the woman?
Essay Topic 2
How was Madame Horcada viewed by the village children? What did Jo learn about her as he spied through the window?
Essay Topic 3
When Papa came home, he was a different man from when he left. It was difficult for everyone assimilating him back into the household. Describe the effect of his return on everyone in the household, including Papa himself.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)