Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Jo's father have?
2. What did Jo do to escape from the pain the war left him with?
3. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
4. What did Jo's family often do on Sundays?
5. According to Papa, who would divide the animals in the evening?
Essay Topic 1
The villagers treated Jo like a hero. How did this make him feel? Did he feel as if he deserved their respect? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Most of the men in the village went off to war. How has this affected the village as a whole? How has it affected Jo? How does he compensate for the loss of his father?
Essay Topic 3
How was Madame Horcada viewed by the village children? What did Jo learn about her as he spied through the window?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)