|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Corporal talk to the soldiers about?
2. What happened to the Corporal's daughter?
3. How did the Jewish children blend in with the villagers?
4. Why was Grandpere upset?
5. Where did Jo go with the Corporal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jo do when the German's come to Madame Horcada's house after his Grandpere leaves?
2. What happened when Jo saw Benjamin and Leah in town?
3. Why does the Corporal decide to leave?
4. What happens after the German leave?
5. What happens when the Germans arrive?
6. What is unnerving about moving up the mountain?
7. How does the priest's musical talents help the children?
8. What is the children's new hiding spot like, and how did they find it?
9. How does the Corporal show that he cares about Hubert?
10. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a Jew, according to this book. Why were the Germans trying to kill the Jews?
Essay Topic 2
How did Jo feel about Laurent's plan, and why did he do it? What happened after they scared the woman?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anya's return and what it signified.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)