Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
2. What was a sign of spring in the village?
3. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
4. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
5. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
2. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
3. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
4. How does Grandfather react to the German's request?
5. What happens when Madam Horcada comes into town?
6. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
7. Why does Hubert go to school een though he is too old and what does he do there?
8. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
9. How do the townspeople know when to gather together for important occasions?
10. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
Essay Topic 1
When Jo joined the Corporal on the search for eagles, he began to see the man in a different manner. How did keep you him at first, and how did his feelings change? How did this add conflict to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Most of the men in the village went off to war. How has this affected the village as a whole? How has it affected Jo? How does he compensate for the loss of his father?
Essay Topic 3
When Papa came home, he was a different man from when he left. It was difficult for everyone assimilating him back into the household. Describe the effect of his return on everyone in the household, including Papa himself.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)