|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
2. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
3. What were the Germans in the village like?
4. Why is the man hiding?
5. What impressed the widow about the boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
2. What is Madam Horcada like?
3. What issues does Madame Horcada face as she tries to protect the Jews?
4. How do the townspeople know when to gather together for important occasions?
5. What is unusual about the meeting with the man and his introduction?
6. What happens when Madam Horcada comes into town?
7. How does Jo feel about his father?
8. Why does Hubert go to school een though he is too old and what does he do there?
9. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
10. What happens to Jo when he goes to warn Madame Horcada?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What solution does Madame come up with to take care of her financial difficulties? How does Grandpere respond to this solution?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the children's new hiding place and Jo's reaction to it. Describe how Joe related to the children themselves.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anya's return and what it signified.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)