|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Rouf found?
2. What job did Jo have when the book started?
3. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
4. What was unique about Hubert?
5. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
2. What happens when the border is in sight?
3. Where does Grandpere go when the Germans come to Madame Horcada's house?
4. What does the corporal confess to Jo, and how does he respond to Jo's proclamation that he was friends with Benjamin and Leah?
5. What is life like for Jo after the war?
6. Why does the Corporal decide to leave?
7. What happened while Jo was out looking for eagles with the Corporal?
8. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
9. What issues does Madame Horcada face as she tries to protect the Jews?
10. After Benjamin and Leah are sent away, what thought comforts Jo?
Essay Topic 1
What are the ramifications of Benjamin's injured ankle? How will this affect the children he is trying to get to safety? How does it affect Madame Horcada?
Essay Topic 2
How did Jo feel about finding Grandpere at Madame Horcada's? How did Grandpere react to seeing him there? What plan did they come up with regarding this situation?
Essay Topic 3
What is a Jew, according to this book. Why were the Germans trying to kill the Jews?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)