Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
2. What was a sign of spring in the village?
3. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
4. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
5. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
2. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
3. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
4. How does Grandfather react to the German's request?
5. What happens when Madam Horcada comes into town?
6. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
7. Why does Hubert go to school een though he is too old and what does he do there?
8. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
9. How do the townspeople know when to gather together for important occasions?
10. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
Essay Topic 1
What is a Jew, according to this book. Why were the Germans trying to kill the Jews?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Leah. What made her come into the house? Why did this make Benjamin angry? How did she react to his anger? How was she comforted?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why Leah and Benjamin had to go into hiding and why they chose this spot.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)