Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
2. What was a sign of spring in the village?
3. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
4. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
5. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
2. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
3. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
4. How does Grandfather react to the German's request?
5. What happens when Madam Horcada comes into town?
6. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
7. Why does Hubert go to school een though he is too old and what does he do there?
8. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
9. How do the townspeople know when to gather together for important occasions?
10. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
Most of the men in the village went off to war. How has this affected the village as a whole? How has it affected Jo? How does he compensate for the loss of his father?
Explain why Leah and Benjamin had to go into hiding and why they chose this spot.
Describe what happened to Leah and Ben and the children. Their situation was bittersweet yet realistic. Explain the good and bad that came out of the situation.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)