|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Rouf barking?
2. Who came to help Jo?
3. What did Jo do after the man walked off?
4. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
5. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
2. What is the situation at Madame Horcada's regarding the Jews?
3. Why were the soldiers in the town?
4. What is Madam Horcada like?
5. How does Jo feel about his father?
6. Why was Benjamin waiting at the farm?
7. What do the Germans do that upsets the villagers?
8. When Jo goes to warn the widow about the soldiers, what does he discover?
9. Why does Jo go up to the widow's house and what does he overhear?
10. Who is Leah, and why is she there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Leah and Benjamin had to go into hiding and why they chose this spot.
Essay Topic 2
What solution does Madame come up with to take care of her financial difficulties? How does Grandpere respond to this solution?
Essay Topic 3
What are the ramifications of Benjamin's injured ankle? How will this affect the children he is trying to get to safety? How does it affect Madame Horcada?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)