|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
2. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
3. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
4. Who was Christine?
5. What impressed the widow about the boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
2. What is Benjamin doing while he is waiting for Anya?
3. How do the townspeople get along with the soldiers?
4. How does Laurent get revenge?
5. Why didn't Benjamin and Leah come home?
6. Why were the soldiers in the town?
7. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
8. What do the Germans do that upsets the villagers?
9. What happens when Madam Horcada comes into town?
10. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anya's return and what it signified.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what happened to Leah and Ben and the children. Their situation was bittersweet yet realistic. Explain the good and bad that came out of the situation.
Essay Topic 3
What are the ramifications of Benjamin's injured ankle? How will this affect the children he is trying to get to safety? How does it affect Madame Horcada?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)