|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes back to visit the man?
2. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
3. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
4. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
5. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Benjamin waiting at the farm?
2. Why does Jo go up to the widow's house and what does he overhear?
3. How does Jo feel about his father?
4. What does Jo have to prove to the widow, and how does he prove it when questioned about what he saw in the barn?
5. What is unusual about the meeting with the man and his introduction?
6. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
7. Why didn't Benjamin and Leah come home?
8. What has happened to most of the men in the town?
9. Jo vaguely remembers seeing the man once before. What was that situation?
10. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plan the family came up with for rescuing the children and getting them to safety. Explain who they needed to include in the plan, how it affected the town, and how it affected the safety of the people involved.
Essay Topic 2
How did Jo feel about finding Grandpere at Madame Horcada's? How did Grandpere react to seeing him there? What plan did they come up with regarding this situation?
Essay Topic 3
How did Jo feel about Laurent's plan, and why did he do it? What happened after they scared the woman?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)