|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Corporal talk to the soldiers about?
(a) Old Germany
(b) How much he liked the villagers
(c) The eagles and the nest
(d) The previous war
2. What did the Lieutenant ask the people the soldiers brought in?
(a) He asked if they were Jews.
(b) He asked if they had anyone else with them.
(c) He asked if they were from Spain.
(d) He asked if they were injured.
3. Why was the Corporal on the mountain?
(a) He was supposed to escort the villagers home.
(b) He was spying on the villagers.
(c) He was trying to protect the villagers.
(d) He was trying to protect the Jews.
4. Why was Jo worried about what the Corporal would see?
(a) He thought the Corporal would get confused.
(b) He would know that women and children don't go to drive sheep up a mountain.
(c) He thought the Corporal would blame him.
(d) He thought the Corporal would turn in the Jews.
5. What did the Corporal do when he saw Jo looking scared by the cabin?
(a) He immediately went to inspect the cabin.
(b) He called the soldier back saying it was time to leave.
(c) He ran to get Jo a chair.
(d) He asked him if he was all right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
2. How did Maman and Madame Horcada react to each other?
3. How did the Jewish children blend in with the villagers?
4. What did Grandpere do when the soldiers found Benjamin and Leah?
5. How long did the special Mass go?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)