|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Hubert give the Corporal?
(a) A miniature chalice
(c) A poem
(d) An eagle feather
2. Why was Jo worried about what the Corporal would see?
(a) He would know that women and children don't go to drive sheep up a mountain.
(b) He thought the Corporal would turn in the Jews.
(c) He thought the Corporal would get confused.
(d) He thought the Corporal would blame him.
3. Who did Grandpere bring to meet Jo at the family visit?
4. What happened to Hubert after the war?
(a) He became mayor of the town.
(b) He received a medal of honor.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He married Anya.
5. How did the widow react to the news that the soldiers were coming?
(a) She said they had planned for it.
(b) She passed out.
(c) She ran to get a pitchfork.
(d) She became angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Papa, who would divide the animals in the evening?
2. What happened to Leah?
3. Who was the "stranger" in Jo's home?
4. Where were the children hiding?
5. What did the Lieutenant ask the people the soldiers brought in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Germans respond to the sheep herding?
2. What happened while Jo was out looking for eagles with the Corporal?
3. What is the children's new hiding spot like, and how did they find it?
4. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
5. What does Jo learn before his father arrives home with news about the children?
6. Who visits Jo at the very end of the book?
7. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
8. What happens when the border is in sight?
9. What happens while Jo's father is answering the questions?
10. How does Jo feel about the return of his father?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)