|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Corporal's daughter?
(a) She showed up in town looking for her father.
(b) She was killed in the a bombing raid.
(c) She was taken to a prison camp.
(d) She found Anya.
2. How did Laurent feel about his own father?
(a) He didn't like him and didn't want his father to come home.
(b) He really missed him.
(c) He loved him as a hero.
(d) He thought his father was dead.
3. What happened to Leah?
(a) She was reunited with her parents.
(b) She wouldn't leave Benjamin.
(c) She was hurt as she ran.
(d) She was killed by a bear.
4. What did Jo do to escape from the pain the war left him with?
(a) He worked.
(b) He helped other children.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) He wrote a book.
5. What came out of the woods as they were heading home?
(a) A sheep
(b) A bear
(c) A soldier
(d) A boar
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michael give Jo?
2. What kind of music was going to be played at the special Mass?
3. Why was Grandpere upset?
4. Where were the children hiding?
5. What toy did Jo recognize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like for Jo after the war?
2. How do the Germans respond to the sheep herding?
3. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
4. What happens when the Germans arrive?
5. Why does the Corporal decide to leave?
6. What does the corporal confess to Jo, and how does he respond to Jo's proclamation that he was friends with Benjamin and Leah?
7. Why was Jo's father allowed to come home?
8. How did Hubert react to the news that the Germans were leaving?
9. Who came up with the idea for getting the children safe, and why was this surprising?
10. What happens after the German leave?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)