|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Lieutenant ask Jo?
(a) He asked if Jo was ready to go home.
(b) He asked if Jo would go with them as a guide.
(c) He asked if Jo was hungry.
(d) He asked if Jo knew them.
2. Where were the children hiding?
(a) Behind rocks
(b) In a cave
(c) Under the floorboards
(d) Under the roots of a large tree
3. How did Benjamin and Leah react when Jo saw them?
(a) They hugged him.
(b) They turned away in anger.
(c) They acted as if they didn't know him.
(d) They laughed at him.
4. How did Hubert help the cave children mingle with the village children?
(a) He made them work together.
(b) He made them hold hands.
(c) He told them stories.
(d) They all liked to climb on him.
5. How did Laurent feel about his own father?
(a) He thought his father was dead.
(b) He loved him as a hero.
(c) He really missed him.
(d) He didn't like him and didn't want his father to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Grandpere bring to meet Jo at the family visit?
2. What happened to Benjamin and Leah?
3. How did Grandpere learn about the children?
4. What gift did Hubert give the Corporal?
5. Where did the children hide at the top of the mountain?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)