|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Jo's father have?
(d) Swine Flu
2. What did Michael give Jo?
(a) Some food
(b) A hug
(c) A chess piece
(d) The address for the house where he was going
3. What does Grandpere admit he is doing with Madame Horcada?
(a) He is helping her because if his friendship with her dead spouse.
(b) He is trying to ignore her.
(c) He admits that he is courting her.
(d) He is treating her as a charity project.
4. What did Jo do after Benjamin left?
(a) He drifted home.
(b) He ran after Benjamin.
(c) He went back to school.
(d) He ran to Madame Horcada's.
5. How did Maman and Madame Horcada react to each other?
(a) They immediately started gossiping.
(b) They were polite.
(c) They wouldn't even look at each other.
(d) They embraced.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the children hide at the top of the mountain?
2. What did the villagers bring up the mountain?
3. Why couldn't Jo concentrate in school?
4. How did the Jewish children blend in with the villagers?
5. How many children were brought to safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the bear that Benjamin raised?
2. What happened while Jo was out looking for eagles with the Corporal?
3. What does Jo do when the German's come to Madame Horcada's house after his Grandpere leaves?
4. Who came up with the idea for getting the children safe, and why was this surprising?
5. What happens after the German leave?
6. What is unnerving about moving up the mountain?
7. How do the Germans respond to the sheep herding?
8. What is Jo's father's personality like when he gets back home?
9. What happened when Jo saw Benjamin and Leah in town?
10. What happens while Jo's father is answering the questions?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)