|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Hubert after the war?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He became mayor of the town.
(c) He received a medal of honor.
(d) He married Anya.
2. Papa does all the following by himself except what?
3. How did Papa react after hearing what Jo was doing?
(a) He was nervous for his son.
(b) He wanted to hurt the Jews.
(c) He was angry at his son for putting the family at risk.
(d) He felt remorse for his previous actions.
4. Why was Jo worried about what the Corporal would see?
(a) He would know that women and children don't go to drive sheep up a mountain.
(b) He thought the Corporal would blame him.
(c) He thought the Corporal would get confused.
(d) He thought the Corporal would turn in the Jews.
5. What happened to Leah?
(a) She was reunited with her parents.
(b) She was killed by a bear.
(c) She wouldn't leave Benjamin.
(d) She was hurt as she ran.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Papa spend the summer?
2. How many children were brought to safety?
3. Why was Hubert dancing and playing his drum?
4. Why hadn't Grandpere told Jo that he knew about the children?
5. What happened to Grandpere and Madame Horcada?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Jo's father is answering the questions?
2. What happened when Jo saw Benjamin and Leah in town?
3. What happens when the Germans arrive?
4. Who visits Jo at the very end of the book?
5. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
6. Where does Grandpere go when the Germans come to Madame Horcada's house?
7. How does Jo feel about the return of his father?
8. How does the Corporal show that he cares about Hubert?
9. Why was Jo's father allowed to come home?
10. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)