|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Grandpere and Madame Horcada?
(a) They went on to open a shelter for war orphans.
(b) They gradually grew apart after Benjamin left.
(c) They had a huge fight.
(d) They were married.
2. Where did Hubert take Jo after they left the school?
(a) The store
(b) The Square
(c) To Madame Horcada's house
(d) The mountain
3. Why did Grandpere choose to tell the secret?
(a) Papa thought his son was betraying him.
(b) He forgot it was supposed to be a secret.
(c) Madame Horcada released him from his promise.
(d) He thought they needed help.
4. What happened to the Corporal's daughter?
(a) She found Anya.
(b) She was taken to a prison camp.
(c) She was killed in the a bombing raid.
(d) She showed up in town looking for her father.
5. What did the villagers bring up the mountain?
(d) Sheep and pigs
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the stranger react when he was told about Jo's work in the household?
2. What did the Corporal do when he saw Jo looking scared by the cabin?
3. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
4. What is Jo supposed to do to look natural for the soldiers?
5. What kind of music was going to be played at the special Mass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Jo saw Benjamin and Leah in town?
2. What is the children's new hiding spot like, and how did they find it?
3. How do the Germans respond to the sheep herding?
4. What happened while Jo was out looking for eagles with the Corporal?
5. What happens when the border is in sight?
6. What happens while Jo's father is answering the questions?
7. How did Hubert react to the news that the Germans were leaving?
8. What occurred shortly after Benjamin and Leah were taken away and how did this affect Benjamin and Leah?
9. How does the Corporal show that he cares about Hubert?
10. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)