|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hubert take Jo after they left the school?
(a) To Madame Horcada's house
(b) The mountain
(c) The store
(d) The Square
2. What job did Jo take on after school?
(a) He became a full-time shepherd.
(b) He became a teacher.
(c) He became a naturalist.
(d) He became a soldier.
3. What did Jo get for Benjamin?
(a) One of Hubert's minaitures
(b) A picture of Anya
(d) A horse
4. What did Jo do to escape from the pain the war left him with?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He worked.
(c) He helped other children.
(d) He wrote a book.
5. Where does Papa spend the summer?
(a) In Spain
(b) On a boat
(c) In the cabin on the mountain
(d) Back in the work camp
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle did Benjamin take when he left?
2. How did Grandpere learn about the children?
3. What happened to Benjamin and Leah?
4. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
5. What illness did Jo's father have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandpere help heal the rift between the father and the son?
2. What happens when the border is in sight?
3. How does the Corporal show that he cares about Hubert?
4. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
5. What happened when Jo saw Benjamin and Leah in town?
6. How does the priest's musical talents help the children?
7. How does Jo feel about the return of his father?
8. Where does Grandpere go when the Germans come to Madame Horcada's house?
9. What is unnerving about moving up the mountain?
10. Why is the time of year significant to the plan for the children's escape?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)