|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jo's sister react to the stranger?
(a) She wouldn't stay in the same room as him.
(b) She ran up to him and hugged him.
(c) She was scared of him at first.
(d) She wanted to stay right next to him.
2. What does Benjamin do before they leave to drive the sheep up the mountain?
(a) He thanks the Corporal for helping them.
(b) He prays.
(c) He cries.
(d) He grabs Anya's hand.
3. How many children were brought to safety?
4. Where did Jo go with the Corporal?
(a) To the Corporal's home
(b) To the store
(c) He went to look for eagles.
(d) To church
5. What did Jo get for Benjamin?
(a) One of Hubert's minaitures
(b) A horse
(d) A picture of Anya
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't the patrol see the person at the edge of the woods?
2. What kind of music was going to be played at the special Mass?
3. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
4. What is special about Michael?
5. What danger did the villagers face as they went up the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
2. What happened to the bear that Benjamin raised?
3. How does Jo feel about the return of his father?
4. What happens when the Germans arrive?
5. What is the children's new hiding spot like, and how did they find it?
6. How do the Germans respond to the sheep herding?
7. What is unnerving about moving up the mountain?
8. Who visits Jo at the very end of the book?
9. What is life like for Jo after the war?
10. How does Grandpere help heal the rift between the father and the son?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)