|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Hubert give the Corporal?
(a) An eagle feather
(c) A miniature chalice
(d) A poem
2. What did Michael give Jo?
(a) The address for the house where he was going
(b) A hug
(c) Some food
(d) A chess piece
3. What happened to Leah?
(a) She was hurt as she ran.
(b) She was killed by a bear.
(c) She wouldn't leave Benjamin.
(d) She was reunited with her parents.
4. What does Benjamin do before they leave to drive the sheep up the mountain?
(a) He grabs Anya's hand.
(b) He thanks the Corporal for helping them.
(c) He prays.
(d) He cries.
5. How long did the special Mass go?
(a) It didn't happen.
(b) Over an hour
(c) The Germans sent everyone home after one song.
(d) Five hours
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music was going to be played at the special Mass?
2. Why didn't the patrol see the person at the edge of the woods?
3. What happened to Benjamin and Leah?
4. What did the Lieutenant ask the people the soldiers brought in?
5. What did Grandpere do when the soldiers found Benjamin and Leah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Corporal show that he cares about Hubert?
2. Why was Jo's father allowed to come home?
3. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
4. What does Jo do when the German's come to Madame Horcada's house after his Grandpere leaves?
5. What is life like for Jo after the war?
6. How does the priest's musical talents help the children?
7. What happens after the German leave?
8. How did Hubert react to the news that the Germans were leaving?
9. What happened when Jo saw Benjamin and Leah in town?
10. Why is the time of year significant to the plan for the children's escape?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)