|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jo worried about what the Corporal would see?
(a) He thought the Corporal would get confused.
(b) He would know that women and children don't go to drive sheep up a mountain.
(c) He thought the Corporal would turn in the Jews.
(d) He thought the Corporal would blame him.
2. How does the stranger react when they tell him about the curfew?
(a) He says he doesn't care and goes out anyway.
(b) He thinks it's a good idea.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He gets very depressed and refuses to talk about it.
3. How did the villagers treat the soldiers after Benjamin left?
(a) They declared themselves eternal friends.
(b) They ignored the soldiers.
(c) With hostility
(d) They were very affectionate.
4. Where did Hubert take Jo after they left the school?
(a) The store
(b) The Square
(c) The mountain
(d) To Madame Horcada's house
5. What is Jo supposed to do to look natural for the soldiers?
(a) Start doing chores
(b) Start cooking
(c) Read a book
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice did Benjamin give Jo regarding Anya?
2. How did Papa react after hearing what Jo was doing?
3. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
4. What was the mood in school the day after they went up the mountain?
5. Where was Benjamin going to go?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)