|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Papa does all the following by himself except what?
2. Who did the soldiers bring into the square?
(a) Benjamin and Leah
(b) Papa and Grandpere
(c) Madame Horcada
(d) The priest
3. Why was Jo worried about what the Corporal would see?
(a) He thought the Corporal would get confused.
(b) He would know that women and children don't go to drive sheep up a mountain.
(c) He thought the Corporal would blame him.
(d) He thought the Corporal would turn in the Jews.
4. What happened to Hubert after the war?
(a) He became mayor of the town.
(b) He married Anya.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He received a medal of honor.
5. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
(b) Madame Horcada
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Papa, who would divide the animals in the evening?
2. What advice did Benjamin give Jo regarding Anya?
3. How did the Jewish children blend in with the villagers?
4. What did the Corporal do when he saw Jo looking scared by the cabin?
5. What gift did Hubert give the Corporal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the children's new hiding spot like, and how did they find it?
2. Why was Jo's father allowed to come home?
3. Who visits Jo at the very end of the book?
4. How does Grandpere help heal the rift between the father and the son?
5. How does Jo feel about the return of his father?
6. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
7. How does the Corporal show that he cares about Hubert?
8. What is life like for Jo after the war?
9. Why is the time of year significant to the plan for the children's escape?
10. What does Jo learn before his father arrives home with news about the children?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)