|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Corporal on the mountain?
(a) He was trying to protect the Jews.
(b) He was supposed to escort the villagers home.
(c) He was trying to protect the villagers.
(d) He was spying on the villagers.
2. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
(b) He was was very angry and hurt.
(c) He thought it was wise.
(d) He thought it was natural in their situation.
3. How did the schoolteacher respond when he was asked if the children could miss a day of school?
(a) He said that education was more important.
(b) He was happy for a day off.
(c) He said the children needed to study for exams.
(d) He said they would probably learn more in that day than they would in a lifetime.
4. What did Hubert chase when they went to the woods?
(a) A bear
(b) A wild boar
(d) The dog
5. How did Benjamin and Leah react when Jo saw them?
(a) They acted as if they didn't know him.
(b) They hugged him.
(c) They laughed at him.
(d) They turned away in anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Papa does all the following by himself except what?
2. What illness did Jo's father have?
3. How did Grandpere know about the hiding place?
4. Who did Maman want to involve in her plan?
5. How did Jo's sister react to the stranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Jo's father is answering the questions?
2. How does the priest's musical talents help the children?
3. How does the Corporal show that he cares about Hubert?
4. How did Hubert react to the news that the Germans were leaving?
5. Who visits Jo at the very end of the book?
6. How does Grandpere help heal the rift between the father and the son?
7. Why was Jo's father allowed to come home?
8. What is Jo's father's personality like when he gets back home?
9. What does Jo do when the German's come to Madame Horcada's house after his Grandpere leaves?
10. What occurred shortly after Benjamin and Leah were taken away and how did this affect Benjamin and Leah?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)