|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Check on her horse
(b) Wash her car
(c) Leave the room
(d) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
2. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Leave the area
(b) Help Jo get a job
(c) Help the cub live
(d) Drive the boy back to the village
3. What happened to Anya?
(a) She was injured and a relative was taking care of her.
(b) She became separated from her father.
(c) She was killed.
(d) She got a job.
4. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to hear more stories.
(b) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(c) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(d) He wanted to see the girl.
5. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(a) His father
(b) Bears and soldiers
(d) Jewish children
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jo find at the widow's house when he went to warn her about the home inspections?
2. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
3. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
4. What did all the townspeople have to give up?
5. What kind of work did Hubert do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Benjamin waiting at the farm?
2. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
3. What does Jo have to prove to the widow, and how does he prove it when questioned about what he saw in the barn?
4. How do the townspeople get along with the soldiers?
5. What is unusual about the meeting with the man and his introduction?
6. How does Laurent get revenge?
7. When Jo goes to warn the widow about the soldiers, what does he discover?
8. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
9. Why does Hubert go to school een though he is too old and what does he do there?
10. What is the situation at Madame Horcada's regarding the Jews?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)