|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
(a) Benjamin was experiencing excruciating pain.
(b) It wasn't much of a risk since the patrols were up the mountain.
(c) It was their only chance of escaping from the soldiers.
(d) They were incredibly hungry.
2. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
(a) An eagle
(b) A bear print.
(c) A plant the teacher couldn't identify
(d) Leah's shoe
3. Where did Jo find the shoe?
(a) In the yard
(b) In the barn
(c) In the creek
(d) On the street
4. Who unexpectedly followed Jo when he took Grandpere up to the widow's house?
(c) The corporal
5. Why did Jo have to hurry to find Benjamin?
(a) There were only a few hours of daylight left.
(b) He had to get home before curfew.
(c) He knew Benjamin might be dying somewhere.
(d) They were going to be late for a meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Anya?
2. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
3. What did all the townspeople have to give up?
4. What was the man hiding in the barn?
5. What impressed the widow about the boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jo feel about his father?
2. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
3. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
4. What do the Germans do that upsets the villagers?
5. Jo vaguely remembers seeing the man once before. What was that situation?
6. How does Madame Horcada ensure that the boy can still visit her?
7. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
8. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
9. What is Madam Horcada like?
10. What has happened to most of the men in the town?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)