|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes back to visit the man?
(b) The bear
(c) His daughter
(d) His wife
2. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
(a) They were going to sell the pigs to Grandpere.
(b) They were going to ask Jo to steal for them.
(c) They wanted Jo to beg the soldiers for food.
(d) They were going to plant a large garden.
3. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
(a) Find his daughter
(b) Go back into hiding
(c) Find a way past the soldiers to get to freedom
(d) Break the soldier's leg
4. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
(b) The corporal
(c) His sister
(d) A German patrol
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They could have gotten him killed.
(b) They were wise.
(c) They were silly.
(d) They were a disgrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Jo have when the book started?
2. What did the man agree to do?
3. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
4. What had Rouf found?
5. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandfather react to the German's request?
2. How do the townspeople know when to gather together for important occasions?
3. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
4. Why does Jo go up to the widow's house and what does he overhear?
5. Why was Benjamin waiting at the farm?
6. How does Laurent get revenge?
7. What does Jo have to prove to the widow, and how does he prove it when questioned about what he saw in the barn?
8. Why does Jo go back to the mountains after the bear is caught, and what does he find?
9. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
10. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)