|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
(a) Jo always went along with his schemes.
(b) Jo had a deep voice.
(c) Jo was great at making strategies.
(d) Jo never got in trouble.
2. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(a) Jewish children
(b) Secret documents
3. Who did the townspeople thank?
(a) Father Lasalle
(d) The Mayor
4. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
5. What was a sign of spring in the village?
(a) School was out.
(b) The sound of sheep bells as they moved from one field to the next
(c) The soldiers moving out
(d) The sound of the organ
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
2. Where were Benjamin and Leah hiding?
3. How would Benjamin disguise himself at the farm?
4. Who unexpectedly followed Jo when he took Grandpere up to the widow's house?
5. Where did the man live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues does Madame Horcada face as she tries to protect the Jews?
2. How does Jo feel about his father?
3. Why does Jo go up to the widow's house and what does he overhear?
4. How do the townspeople know when to gather together for important occasions?
5. What do the Germans do that upsets the villagers?
6. What is the situation at Madame Horcada's regarding the Jews?
7. Why does Hubert go to school een though he is too old and what does he do there?
8. What has happened to most of the men in the town?
9. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
10. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)