|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
(b) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
(c) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
(d) It was printed in the newspaper.
2. What were the Germans in the village like?
(a) They were tyrants.
(b) They were sadistic.
(c) They were easily walked over.
3. Who was Christine?
(a) Jo's little sister
(b) The neighbor
(c) The leader of the children
(d) The schoolteacher
4. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Help the cub live
(b) Drive the boy back to the village
(c) Leave the area
(d) Help Jo get a job
5. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
(b) They were trying to protect the children.
(c) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
(d) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jo have to hurry to find Benjamin?
2. How does the man introduce himself?
3. How would Benjamin disguise himself at the farm?
4. What did Grandpere do when he saw Widow Horcada?
5. What new rule did the Germans initiate in the town when they moved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame Horcada ensure that the boy can still visit her?
2. Who is Leah, and why is she there?
3. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
4. Why does Jo go back to the mountains after the bear is caught, and what does he find?
5. Why does Hubert go to school een though he is too old and what does he do there?
6. How does Laurent get revenge?
7. What is Madam Horcada like?
8. What issues does Madame Horcada face as she tries to protect the Jews?
9. What is unusual about the meeting with the man and his introduction?
10. Why was Benjamin waiting at the farm?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)