|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
(b) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
(c) It was printed in the newspaper.
(d) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
2. What did Hubert make in the back of the classroom?
(c) Miniatures out of bread
3. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
(a) He was in awe of them.
(b) They scared him.
(c) He wanted to be just like them.
(d) He didn't like them, and he kept pretend shooting at them.
4. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
5. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
(a) The pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
2. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
3. Who did Jo find at the widow's house when he went to warn her about the home inspections?
4. Why didn't Jo worry about the sheep?
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
2. Why were the soldiers in the town?
3. What is unusual about the meeting with the man and his introduction?
4. Why was Benjamin waiting at the farm?
5. What has happened to most of the men in the town?
6. Why does Jo go up to the widow's house and what does he overhear?
7. How does Grandfather react to the German's request?
8. What is the situation at Madame Horcada's regarding the Jews?
9. How does Jo feel about his father?
10. Who is Leah, and why is she there?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)