|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Jo worry about the sheep?
(a) He hated them anyway.
(b) They could fend for themselves.
(c) He knew they would wander home.
(d) He knew Hubert would take care of them and bring them home.
2. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They were wise.
(b) They were silly.
(c) They were a disgrace.
(d) They could have gotten him killed.
3. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
(b) The war
(d) The children's bedtime
4. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her helper.
(b) He is her adopted son.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is her son-in-law.
5. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(b) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(c) He wanted to see the girl.
(d) He wanted to hear more stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes back to visit the man?
2. Why did the widow need more supplies?
3. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
4. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
5. What was unique about Hubert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Benjamin waiting at the farm?
2. Who visits Jo at the very end of the book?
3. How do the townspeople get along with the soldiers?
4. What is unnerving about moving up the mountain?
5. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
6. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
7. Why were the soldiers in the town?
8. What is the children's new hiding spot like, and how did they find it?
9. What is unusual about the meeting with the man and his introduction?
10. What is Madam Horcada like?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)