|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jo find at the widow's house when he went to warn her about the home inspections?
2. What did Jo and Laurent pretend to be?
(d) German soldiers
3. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
(a) He offers to help Jo with his homework.
(b) He offers to put Jo in contact with his father.
(c) He offers to watch the sheep for Jo.
(d) He offers to help carry the food to Widow Horcada.
4. What did Grandpere do when he saw Widow Horcada?
(a) He turned his back on her.
(b) He laughed.
(c) He spat on the ground.
(d) He held out his arms and called to her.
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They were wise.
(b) They were silly.
(c) They could have gotten him killed.
(d) They were a disgrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
2. Where was the man from?
3. What kind of work did Hubert do?
4. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
5. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Madam Horcada comes into town?
2. What issues does Madame Horcada face as she tries to protect the Jews?
3. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
4. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
5. What does Jo have to prove to the widow, and how does he prove it when questioned about what he saw in the barn?
6. When Jo goes to warn the widow about the soldiers, what does he discover?
7. Why was Benjamin waiting at the farm?
8. Why were the soldiers in the town?
9. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
10. Why does Jo go back to the mountains after the bear is caught, and what does he find?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)