|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
(a) They had a lot of money and hired people who needed jobs.
(b) They helped the farmers.
(c) They made Hubert happy.
(d) They helped kill a bear.
2. Where were Benjamin and Leah hiding?
(a) Up in a tree
(b) In an abandoned car
(c) In a cave by the stream that they used as a donkey shed
(d) In the swamp
3. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
(a) Jo was great at making strategies.
(b) Jo always went along with his schemes.
(c) Jo had a deep voice.
(d) Jo never got in trouble.
4. Who did Jo find at the widow's house when he went to warn her about the home inspections?
5. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
(a) He offers to help Jo with his homework.
(b) He offers to watch the sheep for Jo.
(c) He offers to help carry the food to Widow Horcada.
(d) He offers to put Jo in contact with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Rouf found?
2. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
3. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
4. What were Jo's nightmares about?
5. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townspeople get along with the soldiers?
2. What happens after the German leave?
3. What happened when Jo saw Benjamin and Leah in town?
4. How does Grandpere help heal the rift between the father and the son?
5. Why does the Corporal decide to leave?
6. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
7. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
8. Why is the time of year significant to the plan for the children's escape?
9. Who is Leah, and why is she there?
10. What is life like for Jo after the war?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)