|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children were in the barn when the cow went dry?
(a) Just Leah
2. How does Jo get the Corporal to stop helping him?
(a) He tells the Corporal he hates him.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He yells at the man then stomps off.
(d) He says he won't get paid.
3. Where did Jo think Benjamin and Leah might be hiding if they hadn't been caught?
(a) In Papa's hut
(b) In the water
(c) In some bushes
(d) Behind a tree
4. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(b) She knows that he is coming home soon.
(c) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
(d) She knows he is dead.
5. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
Short Answer Questions
1. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
2. Who was Christine?
3. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
4. What does the man make the boy promise?
5. Why was Rouf barking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Germans do that upsets the villagers?
2. When Jo goes to warn the widow about the soldiers, what does he discover?
3. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
4. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
5. How does Madame Horcada ensure that the boy can still visit her?
6. What issues does Madame Horcada face as she tries to protect the Jews?
7. What has happened to most of the men in the town?
8. Jo vaguely remembers seeing the man once before. What was that situation?
9. What is the situation at Madame Horcada's regarding the Jews?
10. How does Jo feel about his father?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)