|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
(a) German soldiers
(c) His father
2. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Leave the area
(b) Drive the boy back to the village
(c) Help the cub live
(d) Help Jo get a job
3. Who was Christine?
(a) Jo's little sister
(b) The neighbor
(c) The schoolteacher
(d) The leader of the children
4. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
(a) He thought it was very smart.
(b) He refused to listen to the offer.
(c) He didn't understand it and said it didn't make sense.
(d) He was happy since he wanted an excuse to talk with the widow.
5. Where did the man live?
(a) At Widow Horcada's farm
(b) In a cabin by the stream
(c) In a tent in the woods
(d) In the village
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jo get the Corporal to stop helping him?
2. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
3. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
4. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
5. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Germans do that upsets the villagers?
2. Why didn't Benjamin and Leah come home?
3. How does Laurent get revenge?
4. What is Madam Horcada like?
5. How does Jo feel about his father?
6. Jo vaguely remembers seeing the man once before. What was that situation?
7. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
8. What happens when Madam Horcada comes into town?
9. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
10. What is Benjamin doing while he is waiting for Anya?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)