|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Benjamin disguise himself at the farm?
(a) He dressed like a vagabond.
(b) He would put the widow's shawl over his head.
(c) He shaved his head and dirtied his face.
(d) He wore a mask.
2. Where was the man from?
(c) Paris, France
3. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
(a) He was happy since he wanted an excuse to talk with the widow.
(b) He thought it was very smart.
(c) He refused to listen to the offer.
(d) He didn't understand it and said it didn't make sense.
4. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
5. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His honesty
(b) His strength
(c) His grasp of language
(d) His cleanliness
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
2. What were the Germans in the village like?
3. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
4. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
5. What was unique about Hubert?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jo goes to warn the widow about the soldiers, what does he discover?
2. What do the Germans do that upsets the villagers?
3. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
4. How does Laurent get revenge?
5. Who is Leah, and why is she there?
6. How do the townspeople know when to gather together for important occasions?
7. Why were the soldiers in the town?
8. What is Benjamin doing while he is waiting for Anya?
9. How do the townspeople get along with the soldiers?
10. What issues does Madame Horcada face as she tries to protect the Jews?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)