|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They were wise.
(b) They could have gotten him killed.
(c) They were silly.
(d) They were a disgrace.
2. Where did the man live?
(a) In the village
(b) In a tent in the woods
(c) In a cabin by the stream
(d) At Widow Horcada's farm
3. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) The soldiers kept taking her food.
(b) There were now five children to look after.
(c) The food kept rotting.
(d) Leah ate a lot of food.
4. Who did Jo find at the widow's house when he went to warn her about the home inspections?
5. How many children were in the barn when the cow went dry?
(c) Just Leah
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man make the boy promise?
2. How did Jo know where to go?
3. Who comes back to visit the man?
4. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
5. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townspeople know when to gather together for important occasions?
2. What is Madam Horcada like?
3. Jo vaguely remembers seeing the man once before. What was that situation?
4. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
5. What has happened to most of the men in the town?
6. Why was Benjamin waiting at the farm?
7. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
8. Why does Hubert go to school een though he is too old and what does he do there?
9. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
10. Who is Leah, and why is she there?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)