Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows he is dead.
(b) She knows that he is coming home soon.
(c) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
(d) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
2. What was a sign of spring in the village?
(a) School was out.
(b) The soldiers moving out
(c) The sound of sheep bells as they moved from one field to the next
(d) The sound of the organ
3. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
(a) He loved her cooking.
(b) She was a woman to avoid.
(c) He thought she was old and wise.
(d) He loved her stories.
4. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
(a) Leah's shoe
(b) An eagle
(c) A bear print.
(d) A plant the teacher couldn't identify
5. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
(a) They were chasing some Jewish children.
(b) They wanted the exercise.
(c) They were having a race to the border.
(d) There were soldiers everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
2. Why was Rouf barking?
3. How does the man introduce himself?
4. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
5. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
2. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
3. What happens to Benjamin when the German patrol is near?
4. How does Grandfather react to the German's request?
5. What happens when Madam Horcada comes into town?
6. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
7. Why does Hubert go to school een though he is too old and what does he do there?
8. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
9. How do the townspeople know when to gather together for important occasions?
10. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)