|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
2. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(b) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(c) He is the priest's son.
(d) He uses sign language.
3. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Wash her car
(b) Check on her horse
(c) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
(d) Leave the room
4. What was the name of his village?
5. What did the strange man bring?
(a) Milk for the cub
(b) Meat for Rouf
(d) A first-aid kit
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jo do after the man walked off?
2. Where did Jo find the shoe?
3. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
4. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
5. What were Jo's nightmares about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laurent get revenge?
2. What will happen to people who help the Jews, according to the soldiers?
3. How does Madame Horcada ensure that the boy can still visit her?
4. Why was Jo's father allowed to come home?
5. What did the villagers have to do when the Germans arrived?
6. Why does the Corporal decide to leave?
7. What is the situation at Madame Horcada's regarding the Jews?
8. When Jo goes to warn the widow about the soldiers, what does he discover?
9. What happened to the German troops when the war ended?
10. How does the Corporal show that he cares about Hubert?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)