|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His grasp of language
(b) His honesty
(c) His cleanliness
(d) His strength
2. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) His mother
(b) His grandfather
(c) The widow
(d) His sister
3. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He uses sign language.
(b) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(c) He is the priest's son.
(d) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
4. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
(a) He refused to answer.
(b) He said "yes."
(c) He said "no."
(d) He ran away.
5. What were the Germans in the village like?
(b) They were easily walked over.
(c) They were sadistic.
(d) They were tyrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
2. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
3. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
4. Why didn't Jo worry about the sheep?
5. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jo go up to the widow's house and what does he overhear?
2. How does Laurent get revenge?
3. What do the Germans do that upsets the villagers?
4. What job did Jo do , and what advice did his father give him regarding the job?
5. How does Madame Horcada ensure that the boy can still visit her?
6. Why were the soldiers in the town?
7. What is Benjamin doing while he is waiting for Anya?
8. Why does Jo go back to the mountains after the bear is caught, and what does he find?
9. Why does Jo promise to keep Benjamin and Leah as a secret?
10. How do the townspeople get along with the soldiers?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)