|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
(a) It wasn't much of a risk since the patrols were up the mountain.
(b) They were incredibly hungry.
(c) Benjamin was experiencing excruciating pain.
(d) It was their only chance of escaping from the soldiers.
2. What did all the townspeople have to give up?
(a) Their jobs
(b) Their jewelry
(c) Their guns
(d) Their religion
3. Why didn't Jo worry about the sheep?
(a) He knew they would wander home.
(b) They could fend for themselves.
(c) He hated them anyway.
(d) He knew Hubert would take care of them and bring them home.
4. What did Jo and Laurent pretend to be?
(c) German soldiers
5. What did Hubert make in the back of the classroom?
(c) Miniatures out of bread
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
2. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
3. Why is the man hiding?
4. Who was Christine?
5. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jo follow the man, and what did he discover?
2. How does Laurent get revenge?
3. What is Madam Horcada like?
4. When Jo goes to warn the widow about the soldiers, what does he discover?
5. What does Jo have to prove to the widow, and how does he prove it when questioned about what he saw in the barn?
6. Why does Jo go up to the widow's house and what does he overhear?
7. How does Jo feel about his father?
8. What is unusual about the meeting with the man and his introduction?
9. Who is Leah, and why is she there?
10. What is the situation at Madame Horcada's regarding the Jews?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)