Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness did Jo's father have?
(b) Swine Flu
2. What did Jo do to escape from the pain the war left him with?
(a) He helped other children.
(b) He worked.
(c) He wrote a book.
(d) He committed suicide.
3. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
(c) Madame Horcada
4. What did Jo's family often do on Sundays?
(a) They explored the caves.
(b) They went to the graveyard.
(c) They had a picnic.
(d) They hiked in the mountains.
5. According to Papa, who would divide the animals in the evening?
(a) The fathers
(b) The shepherds
(c) The priest
(d) The children
6. What did Benjamin ask the Lieutenant?
(a) He asked if they could join the army.
(b) He asked if they could leave.
(c) He asked if they could sit down.
(d) He asked if they could have a drink.
7. Where were the children hiding?
(a) Behind rocks
(b) Under the roots of a large tree
(c) Under the floorboards
(d) In a cave
8. Who did Jo see crouching at the edge of the woods?
(a) A patrol
9. What kind of music was going to be played at the special Mass?
10. What advice did Benjamin give Jo regarding Anya?
(a) Forget about her.
(b) Stay away from her.
(c) Wait and pray
(d) Help her however he can.
11. How did Papa react to the soldiers?
(a) They made him depressed.
(b) He was thankful for the protection they offered.
(c) He was angry and bitter in their presence.
(d) He kept having flashbacks to his time in the work camp.
12. What did Hubert chase when they went to the woods?
(a) A bear
(c) A wild boar
(d) The dog
13. What did the Corporal talk to the soldiers about?
(a) Old Germany
(b) The eagles and the nest
(c) How much he liked the villagers
(d) The previous war
14. What did Hubert do as Jo was passing by the soldiers?
(a) He began running in the other direction.
(b) He pretended to be a bear, distracting the soldiers.
(c) He spat at them.
(d) He told them about the children.
15. What is special about Michael?
(a) He can speak five languages.
(b) He excels at playing chess.
(c) He knows where Anya is.
(d) He is like a father to Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Leah?
2. What came out of the woods as they were heading home?
3. How did Hubert help the cave children mingle with the village children?
4. What did the corporal take to remind him of the place?
5. How did Grandpere learn about the children?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)