|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jo get for Benjamin?
(b) A picture of Anya
(c) One of Hubert's minaitures
(d) A horse
2. How did the stranger react when he was told about Jo's work in the household?
(a) He praised Jo.
(b) His face darkened.
(c) He was appreciative.
(d) He was exuberent.
3. How did the villagers treat the soldiers after Benjamin left?
(a) They declared themselves eternal friends.
(b) With hostility
(c) They were very affectionate.
(d) They ignored the soldiers.
4. What is Jo supposed to do to look natural for the soldiers?
(a) Read a book
(c) Start cooking
(d) Start doing chores
5. What did the Lieutenant ask Jo?
(a) He asked if Jo knew them.
(b) He asked if Jo was hungry.
(c) He asked if Jo would go with them as a guide.
(d) He asked if Jo was ready to go home.
6. What did the villagers bring up the mountain?
(b) Sheep and pigs
7. What alerted the soldiers on the mountain?
(a) A gunshot
(b) The bear
(c) Leah's scream
(d) Grandpere's yell
8. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He was was very angry and hurt.
(b) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
(c) He thought it was natural in their situation.
(d) He thought it was wise.
9. How long did the special Mass go?
(a) Five hours
(b) It didn't happen.
(c) Over an hour
(d) The Germans sent everyone home after one song.
10. What danger did the villagers face as they went up the mountain?
(a) Wild animals
(c) Harsh elements
11. What advice did Benjamin give Jo regarding Anya?
(a) Forget about her.
(b) Help her however he can.
(c) Wait and pray
(d) Stay away from her.
12. What did the Corporal talk to the soldiers about?
(a) The previous war
(b) The eagles and the nest
(c) How much he liked the villagers
(d) Old Germany
13. What did Benjamin ask the Lieutenant?
(a) He asked if they could have a drink.
(b) He asked if they could leave.
(c) He asked if they could sit down.
(d) He asked if they could join the army.
14. How did Grandpere know about the hiding place?
(a) He found it while hunting.
(b) His father used it for smuggling alcohol over the border.
(c) Madame Horcada showed it to him.
(d) He hid there during the first war.
15. How did Laurent feel about his own father?
(a) He thought his father was dead.
(b) He loved him as a hero.
(c) He really missed him.
(d) He didn't like him and didn't want his father to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Jo take on after school?
2. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
3. How did the Jewish children blend in with the villagers?
4. Why hadn't Grandpere told Jo that he knew about the children?
5. Where did Jo go with the Corporal?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)