|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Germans find in the house searches?
(a) Nothing at all
(b) Some hidden war criminals
(c) Several Jews
(d) Just some unusable rifles
2. How does the stranger react when they tell him about the curfew?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He thinks it's a good idea.
(c) He gets very depressed and refuses to talk about it.
(d) He says he doesn't care and goes out anyway.
3. How did Madame Hocada's husband die?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He was in a farm accident.
(c) He was killed in the last war.
(d) He was murdered by a neighbor.
4. Papa does all the following by himself except what?
5. What did the villagers bring up the mountain?
(c) Sheep and pigs
6. Why didn't Jo tell Grandpere about the children?
(a) He promised the widow that he wouldn't mention it.
(b) He though his Grandpere would get mad at him.
(c) He was worried Grandpere would turn the children in.
(d) He didn't want to make Grandpere nervous.
7. What alerted the soldiers on the mountain?
(a) The bear
(b) Leah's scream
(c) Grandpere's yell
(d) A gunshot
8. How many children were brought to safety?
9. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
(b) Madame Horcada
10. Where did Jo go with the Corporal?
(a) To the Corporal's home
(b) To the store
(c) To church
(d) He went to look for eagles.
11. What is special about Michael?
(a) He is like a father to Leah.
(b) He can speak five languages.
(c) He excels at playing chess.
(d) He knows where Anya is.
12. Where did the children hide at the top of the mountain?
(a) In the cave
(b) In the cabin on the mountain
(c) Behind trees
(d) Behind rocks
13. What was happening to the Germans?
(a) They were gaining in strength.
(b) They were becoming depressed.
(c) They were bullying the townspeople.
(d) They were being driven out of Russia and Africa.
14. What does Benjamin do before they leave to drive the sheep up the mountain?
(a) He cries.
(b) He grabs Anya's hand.
(c) He thanks the Corporal for helping them.
(d) He prays.
15. What was the mood in school the day after they went up the mountain?
(a) Everyone was ready to study.
(d) They wanted to go back outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Grandpere learn about the children?
2. What did Jo tell the villagers about the Corporal's actions at the cabin?
3. How did Papa react after hearing what Jo was doing?
4. How did Papa react to the soldiers?
5. How did Benjamin and Leah react when Jo saw them?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)