|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Lieutenant ask the people the soldiers brought in?
(a) He asked if they were from Spain.
(b) He asked if they had anyone else with them.
(c) He asked if they were Jews.
(d) He asked if they were injured.
2. How did the widow react to the news that the soldiers were coming?
(a) She became angry.
(b) She passed out.
(c) She said they had planned for it.
(d) She ran to get a pitchfork.
3. Who did the soldiers bring into the square?
(a) The priest
(b) Madame Horcada
(c) Papa and Grandpere
(d) Benjamin and Leah
4. What did the villagers bring up the mountain?
(a) Sheep and pigs
5. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He thought it was wise.
(b) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
(c) He was was very angry and hurt.
(d) He thought it was natural in their situation.
6. Where did Jo go with the Corporal?
(a) To the Corporal's home
(b) He went to look for eagles.
(c) To the store
(d) To church
7. How did Grandpere learn about the children?
(a) He followed Jo.
(b) He threatened the widow until she told him.
(c) The dog led Grandpere to the children.
(d) He guessed when he was questioning the widow.
8. What did Jo get for Benjamin?
(a) A horse
(b) A picture of Anya
(c) One of Hubert's minaitures
9. What happened to Benjamin and Leah?
(a) They escaped from the Germans and came home.
(b) They died in the concentration camp.
(c) They came home after they found Anya.
(d) Benjamin officially adopted Leah.
10. How did the Jewish children blend in with the villagers?
(a) They didn't.
(b) They laughed and made noise.
(c) They dressed up like sheep.
(d) They spoke French.
11. Papa does all the following by himself except what?
12. What did Papa and Grandpere do during the special Mass?
(a) They sang a special song.
(b) They hid the Jewish children around the village.
(c) They went to the graveyard.
(d) They went drinking.
13. What is special about Michael?
(a) He knows where Anya is.
(b) He is like a father to Leah.
(c) He excels at playing chess.
(d) He can speak five languages.
14. Why was the Corporal on the mountain?
(a) He was trying to protect the Jews.
(b) He was trying to protect the villagers.
(c) He was supposed to escort the villagers home.
(d) He was spying on the villagers.
15. What vehicle did Benjamin take when he left?
(c) An old car
(d) Army jeep
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jo feel about his secret at home?
2. What did the Corporal give Hubert so he could see better?
3. How did Papa react to the soldiers?
4. What did Grandpere do when the soldiers found Benjamin and Leah?
5. What did the Corporal give Hubert as a gift?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)