|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children do?
(a) They were taken inside for safekeeping.
(b) They ran with the townspeople.
(c) They had to help hold a rope to drag the animal in.
(d) They sang songs about the occasion.
2. What did all the townspeople have to give up?
(a) Their religion
(b) Their jewelry
(c) Their jobs
(d) Their guns
3. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) With respect
(b) Normally, without smiling at her.
(c) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(d) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
4. What had Rouf found?
(a) Another stray sheep
(b) A picnic basket
(c) A bear cub
(d) A wounded man
5. How many children were in the barn when the cow went dry?
(a) Just Leah
6. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
(a) Break the soldier's leg
(b) Go back into hiding
(c) Find his daughter
(d) Find a way past the soldiers to get to freedom
7. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
(a) He left his jacket there.
(b) He wanted to make sure the sheep were now safe.
(c) He was looking for Rouf.
(d) He had left his gun.
8. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
9. Where was Jo's father?
(a) He was tending the sheep.
(b) He was at war.
(c) He was working in the village.
(d) He died a few years ago.
10. Why did the man stay with the widow?
(a) He knew she needed health care.
(b) He was waiting for Anya to find him.
(c) He knew she needed someone to work on the farm.
(d) He wanted to protect her.
11. What does the man make the boy promise?
(a) That he will check the bear cub daily
(b) That he will work hard until he is the boss
(c) To never mention him or the incident
(d) That he will never goe up that high in the mountain again
12. What was the name of his village?
13. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(c) Secret documents
(d) Jewish children
14. Who came to help Jo?
(a) Everyone in the town-even mothers and children
(b) The men in the town came to help with their dogs.
(c) The children
15. Who comes back to visit the man?
(b) His wife
(c) The bear
(d) His daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the strange man bring?
2. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
3. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
4. Why is the man hiding?
5. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)