|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children do?
(a) They ran with the townspeople.
(b) They sang songs about the occasion.
(c) They had to help hold a rope to drag the animal in.
(d) They were taken inside for safekeeping.
2. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) The widow
(b) His mother
(c) His grandfather
(d) His sister
3. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
(a) He started chasing after the animals.
(b) He jumped into the water.
(c) He grabbed his gun.
(d) He ran for help.
4. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
(b) The children's bedtime
(c) The war
5. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Leave the area
(b) Help Jo get a job
(c) Drive the boy back to the village
(d) Help the cub live
6. What was the name of his village?
7. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
(b) Hired help
(c) A translator
(d) More children
8. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They were silly.
(b) They were a disgrace.
(c) They could have gotten him killed.
(d) They were wise.
9. Who did Jo find at the widow's house when he went to warn her about the home inspections?
10. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
(a) Jo never got in trouble.
(b) Jo always went along with his schemes.
(c) Jo was great at making strategies.
(d) Jo had a deep voice.
11. What kind of work did Hubert do?
(a) He was meticulous in documenting every detail.
(b) He goofed around, but still got the work done.
(c) He was shoddy.
(d) He took his task very seriously.
12. What did Hubert make in the back of the classroom?
(a) Miniatures out of bread
13. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
14. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(b) He wanted to hear more stories.
(c) He wanted to see the girl.
(d) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
15. Why did the man stay with the widow?
(a) He was waiting for Anya to find him.
(b) He knew she needed someone to work on the farm.
(c) He knew she needed health care.
(d) He wanted to protect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jo get the Corporal to stop helping him?
2. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
3. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
4. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
5. How did they know the rescue was successful?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)