|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
(b) The children's bedtime
(c) The war
2. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
(a) He tells Jo not to feel bad. He just did his job.
(b) He said the cub's mother would come back soon.
(c) He said it was too bad the cub was now an orphan.
(d) He said the cub's mother wandered off.
3. How did Jo know where to go?
(a) He looked for the trail Benjamin left.
(b) He followed the directions the widow gave him.
(c) It was how they went to the summer pasture.
(d) He followed a map.
4. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
5. What did Hubert make in the back of the classroom?
(c) Miniatures out of bread
6. What did Jo and Laurent pretend to be?
(a) German soldiers
7. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(b) He wanted to see the girl.
(c) He wanted to hear more stories.
(d) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
8. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
(a) He should check in daily.
(b) He should never go back.
(c) He should check in once a month.
(d) He should check in once a week.
9. What did the strange man bring?
(a) Milk for the cub
(b) Meat for Rouf
(d) A first-aid kit
10. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
(a) She was a woman to avoid.
(b) He loved her stories.
(c) He thought she was old and wise.
(d) He loved her cooking.
11. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) He played hooky from school.
(b) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(c) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
(d) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
12. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
(a) A bear print.
(b) Leah's shoe
(c) A plant the teacher couldn't identify
(d) An eagle
13. What does the man make the boy promise?
(a) That he will check the bear cub daily
(b) That he will work hard until he is the boss
(c) To never mention him or the incident
(d) That he will never goe up that high in the mountain again
14. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
(a) The pastor.
15. What job did Jo have when the book started?
(a) He played the organ in church
(b) He tended the fire at the schoolhouse.
(c) He worked at the store.
(d) He was watching the sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
2. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
3. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
4. Who was Christine?
5. Where were Benjamin and Leah hiding?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)