|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Lieutenant ask the people the soldiers brought in?
(a) He asked if they had anyone else with them.
(b) He asked if they were Jews.
(c) He asked if they were injured.
(d) He asked if they were from Spain.
2. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(b) Secret documents
(d) Jewish children
3. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) Leah ate a lot of food.
(b) The food kept rotting.
(c) The soldiers kept taking her food.
(d) There were now five children to look after.
4. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He was was very angry and hurt.
(b) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
(c) He thought it was wise.
(d) He thought it was natural in their situation.
5. Who was the "stranger" in Jo's home?
(b) His father
(c) The Corporal
(d) His teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
2. What happened to the Corporal's daughter?
3. How does the stranger react when they tell him about the curfew?
4. How did the villagers treat the soldiers after Benjamin left?
5. Where did Hubert take Jo after they left the school?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)