|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
(a) He had left his gun.
(b) He wanted to make sure the sheep were now safe.
(c) He was looking for Rouf.
(d) He left his jacket there.
2. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the children.
(b) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
(c) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
(d) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
3. Who did Grandpere bring to meet Jo at the family visit?
4. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
(a) He ran for help.
(b) He started chasing after the animals.
(c) He grabbed his gun.
(d) He jumped into the water.
5. How many children were in the barn when the cow went dry?
(a) Just Leah
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jo's sister react to the stranger?
2. Where did the children hide at the top of the mountain?
3. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
4. What impressed the widow about the boy?
5. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)