|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) The widow
(b) His mother
(c) His sister
(d) His grandfather
2. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His strength
(b) His grasp of language
(c) His cleanliness
(d) His honesty
3. What is Jo supposed to do to look natural for the soldiers?
(a) Start doing chores
(b) Read a book
(d) Start cooking
4. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
(a) Find a way past the soldiers to get to freedom
(b) Break the soldier's leg
(c) Go back into hiding
(d) Find his daughter
5. What reputation did Auschwitz have?
(a) It treated prisoners well.
(b) It was more like a hotel than a camp.
(c) It was a labor camp.
(d) It was a death camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Germans in the village like?
2. What was happening to the Germans?
3. Who did the townspeople thank?
4. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
5. What did Michael give Jo?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)