|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
(a) He wanted to search around for Anya.
(b) He hurt his ankle.
(c) He wanted to find food first.
(d) He was lost.
2. What did Papa and Grandpere do during the special Mass?
(a) They went drinking.
(b) They sang a special song.
(c) They went to the graveyard.
(d) They hid the Jewish children around the village.
3. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
(a) He refused to answer.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He said "yes."
(d) He said "no."
4. Why was Rouf barking?
(a) Strangers were coming near the field.
(b) The sheep were all wandering off.
(c) One of the sheep was drowning.
(d) A bear was coming by the sheep.
5. What advice did Benjamin give Jo regarding Anya?
(a) Help her however he can.
(b) Stay away from her.
(c) Forget about her.
(d) Wait and pray
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Corporal talk to the soldiers about?
2. Who unexpectedly followed Jo when he took Grandpere up to the widow's house?
3. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
4. What toy did Jo recognize?
5. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)