|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Grandpere learn about the children?
(a) The dog led Grandpere to the children.
(b) He threatened the widow until she told him.
(c) He guessed when he was questioning the widow.
(d) He followed Jo.
2. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Wash her car
(b) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
(c) Leave the room
(d) Check on her horse
3. Who comes back to visit the man?
(a) The bear
(c) His daughter
(d) His wife
4. Where did the man live?
(a) In a tent in the woods
(b) In a cabin by the stream
(c) At Widow Horcada's farm
(d) In the village
5. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
(b) They had most likely fought against each other when they were young.
(c) His son in the prison camp
(d) What to do about Jo
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Maman want to involve in her plan?
2. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
3. What does Benjamin do before they leave to drive the sheep up the mountain?
4. Who did Jo see crouching at the edge of the woods?
5. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)