|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
(b) He thought it was natural in their situation.
(c) He thought it was wise.
(d) He was was very angry and hurt.
2. What did Jo do after Benjamin left?
(a) He went back to school.
(b) He ran after Benjamin.
(c) He drifted home.
(d) He ran to Madame Horcada's.
3. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(a) Jewish children
(c) Secret documents
4. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) There were now five children to look after.
(b) The food kept rotting.
(c) Leah ate a lot of food.
(d) The soldiers kept taking her food.
5. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
(a) He was angry and loud.
(b) He was nervous.
(c) He was drunk and brooding.
(d) He was triumphant that he got away with breaking the rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the corporal take to remind him of the place?
2. What happened to Hubert after the war?
3. Why didn't Jo tell Grandpere about the children?
4. Why was Rouf barking?
5. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)