|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
(b) Check on her horse
(c) Wash her car
(d) Leave the room
2. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
(c) Madame Horcada
3. What happened to Benjamin and Leah?
(a) They died in the concentration camp.
(b) They came home after they found Anya.
(c) They escaped from the Germans and came home.
(d) Benjamin officially adopted Leah.
4. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(b) She knows that he is coming home soon.
(c) She knows he is dead.
(d) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
5. What did Jo do after the man walked off?
(a) He went back home.
(b) He went back to the sheep.
(c) He sat down to think for a while.
(d) He followed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did they know the rescue was successful?
2. How long did the special Mass go?
3. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
4. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
5. What does Grandpere admit he is doing with Madame Horcada?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)