|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
(a) He didn't know how to survive in the mountains.
(b) He was weak.
(c) He should have been back by then.
(d) He had a tendency to talk too much.
2. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His honesty
(b) His cleanliness
(c) His strength
(d) His grasp of language
3. How were the townspeople called together?
(a) They fired a canon.
(b) A siren would wail.
(c) Hubert would go around beating the drum.
(d) They would ring the town bell.
4. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) Normally, without smiling at her.
(b) With respect
(c) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(d) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
5. What did Papa and Grandpere do during the special Mass?
(a) They sang a special song.
(b) They hid the Jewish children around the village.
(c) They went drinking.
(d) They went to the graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
2. Who did the townspeople thank?
3. Why was Rouf barking?
4. What was the name of his village?
5. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)