|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) It was printed in the newspaper.
(b) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
(c) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
(d) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
2. What does Grandpere admit he is doing with Madame Horcada?
(a) He is trying to ignore her.
(b) He is helping her because if his friendship with her dead spouse.
(c) He is treating her as a charity project.
(d) He admits that he is courting her.
3. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He was was very angry and hurt.
(b) He thought it was natural in their situation.
(c) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
(d) He thought it was wise.
4. What did Madame Horcada say about Maman?
(a) She had spirit.
(b) She had no gumption.
(c) She was a fine woman.
(d) She was too withdrawn.
5. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Check on her horse
(b) Wash her car
(c) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
(d) Leave the room
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jo go with the Corporal?
2. How did the schoolteacher respond when he was asked if the children could miss a day of school?
3. Why was Rouf barking?
4. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
5. Why hadn't Grandpere told Jo that he knew about the children?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)