|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger did the villagers face as they went up the mountain?
(c) Harsh elements
(d) Wild animals
2. What is Jo supposed to do to look natural for the soldiers?
(a) Start doing chores
(b) Start cooking
(d) Read a book
3. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
(a) He said the cub's mother wandered off.
(b) He tells Jo not to feel bad. He just did his job.
(c) He said it was too bad the cub was now an orphan.
(d) He said the cub's mother would come back soon.
4. How old was Jo when the book began?
5. Where was Jo's father?
(a) He was at war.
(b) He was working in the village.
(c) He was tending the sheep.
(d) He died a few years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to help Jo?
2. How does Jo get the Corporal to stop helping him?
3. Why hadn't Grandpere told Jo that he knew about the children?
4. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
5. How many children were in the barn when the cow went dry?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)