|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
(a) They had a lot of money and hired people who needed jobs.
(b) They made Hubert happy.
(c) They helped the farmers.
(d) They helped kill a bear.
2. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He was brilliant.
(b) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
(c) He had six fingers on each hand.
(d) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
3. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) Leah ate a lot of food.
(b) The food kept rotting.
(c) There were now five children to look after.
(d) The soldiers kept taking her food.
4. Who came to help Jo?
(a) The men in the town came to help with their dogs.
(c) The children
(d) Everyone in the town-even mothers and children
5. What job did Jo have when the book started?
(a) He tended the fire at the schoolhouse.
(b) He was watching the sheep.
(c) He played the organ in church
(d) He worked at the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the children do?
2. Why is the man hiding?
3. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
4. What did the Corporal give Hubert as a gift?
5. What gift did Hubert give the Corporal?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)