|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her adopted son.
(b) He is her son-in-law.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is her helper.
2. Why didn't the patrol see the person at the edge of the woods?
(a) He was very well hidden.
(b) They were distracted by a bear.
(c) The Corporal called out to them.
(d) They were distracted by the eagle.
3. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
(a) He refused to answer.
(b) He said "no."
(c) He said "yes."
(d) He ran away.
4. What new rule did the Germans initiate in the town when they moved in?
(a) They had to give the Germans a portion of their food supply.
(b) They had to use German money.
(c) They couldn't write any more letters to their loved ones.
(d) There was to be a strict curfew.
5. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
(a) Find a way past the soldiers to get to freedom
(b) Go back into hiding
(c) Break the soldier's leg
(d) Find his daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
2. Who did Jo see crouching at the edge of the woods?
3. What was the man hiding in the barn?
4. What was the name of his village?
5. How many children were in the barn when the cow went dry?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)