|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
(b) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
(c) They were trying to protect the children.
(d) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
2. Who did Jo find at the widow's house when he went to warn her about the home inspections?
3. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) There were now five children to look after.
(b) The soldiers kept taking her food.
(c) The food kept rotting.
(d) Leah ate a lot of food.
4. What did the strange man bring?
(b) Meat for Rouf
(c) A first-aid kit
(d) Milk for the cub
5. Where did Jo think Benjamin and Leah might be hiding if they hadn't been caught?
(a) In Papa's hut
(b) Behind a tree
(c) In the water
(d) In some bushes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the children hiding?
2. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
3. Why didn't Jo worry about the sheep?
4. Where did Jo find the shoe?
5. Who unexpectedly followed Jo when he took Grandpere up to the widow's house?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)