|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(b) He wanted to hear more stories.
(c) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(d) He wanted to see the girl.
2. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
(a) He should have been back by then.
(b) He had a tendency to talk too much.
(c) He didn't know how to survive in the mountains.
(d) He was weak.
3. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
(a) They scared him.
(b) He was in awe of them.
(c) He didn't like them, and he kept pretend shooting at them.
(d) He wanted to be just like them.
4. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
(a) He should never go back.
(b) He should check in once a week.
(c) He should check in once a month.
(d) He should check in daily.
5. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the children.
(b) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
(c) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
(d) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
2. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
3. What did Jo and Laurent pretend to be?
4. How many children were in the barn when the cow went dry?
5. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)