|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Benjamin disguise himself at the farm?
(a) He dressed like a vagabond.
(b) He would put the widow's shawl over his head.
(c) He wore a mask.
(d) He shaved his head and dirtied his face.
2. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
(a) He offers to help carry the food to Widow Horcada.
(b) He offers to watch the sheep for Jo.
(c) He offers to help Jo with his homework.
(d) He offers to put Jo in contact with his father.
3. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
(a) He should have been back by then.
(b) He had a tendency to talk too much.
(c) He didn't know how to survive in the mountains.
(d) He was weak.
4. What did the Germans find in the house searches?
(a) Some hidden war criminals
(b) Several Jews
(c) Just some unusable rifles
(d) Nothing at all
5. How does the stranger react when they tell him about the curfew?
(a) He respects it.
(b) He thinks it's a good idea.
(c) He gets very depressed and refuses to talk about it.
(d) He says he doesn't care and goes out anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hubert chase when they went to the woods?
2. Who was the "stranger" in Jo's home?
3. What new rule did the Germans initiate in the town when they moved in?
4. How does the man introduce himself?
5. What did the children do?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)