|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) With respect
(b) Normally, without smiling at her.
(c) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(d) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
2. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
(b) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
(c) He is a criminal on the run.
(d) He is a Jew.
3. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows he is dead.
(b) She knows that he is coming home soon.
(c) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
(d) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
4. Who comes back to visit the man?
(a) The bear
(c) His daughter
(d) His wife
5. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
(a) He should check in once a month.
(b) He should check in daily.
(c) He should never go back.
(d) He should check in once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
2. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
3. Why didn't Jo tell Grandpere about the children?
4. What did the Corporal give Hubert as a gift?
5. What kind of work did Hubert do?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)