|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jo think Benjamin and Leah might be hiding if they hadn't been caught?
(a) In Papa's hut
(b) In some bushes
(c) Behind a tree
(d) In the water
2. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He is a criminal on the run.
(c) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
(d) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
3. What kind of work did Hubert do?
(a) He took his task very seriously.
(b) He goofed around, but still got the work done.
(c) He was shoddy.
(d) He was meticulous in documenting every detail.
4. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Wash her car
(b) Leave the room
(c) Check on her horse
(d) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
5. How does Jo get the Corporal to stop helping him?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He says he won't get paid.
(c) He tells the Corporal he hates him.
(d) He yells at the man then stomps off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jo's father?
2. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
3. Why didn't the patrol see the person at the edge of the woods?
4. What was the man hiding in the barn?
5. What illness did Jo's father have?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)