|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He said "no."
(c) He refused to answer.
(d) He said "yes."
2. Where was the man from?
(b) Paris, France
3. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His cleanliness
(b) His grasp of language
(c) His strength
(d) His honesty
4. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
5. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(b) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(c) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
(d) He played hooky from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
2. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
3. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
4. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
5. What kind of work did Hubert do?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)