|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had sent the family a letter?
(b) Jo's dad
(c) The Widow
(d) The corporal
2. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
(b) They told him to ask questions like that.
(c) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
(d) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
3. Who did the townspeople thank?
(a) The Mayor
(d) Father Lasalle
4. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
(a) He was weak.
(b) He didn't know how to survive in the mountains.
(c) He should have been back by then.
(d) He had a tendency to talk too much.
5. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
(a) He should never go back.
(b) He should check in daily.
(c) He should check in once a month.
(d) He should check in once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Jo's nightmares about?
2. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
3. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
4. What had Rouf found?
5. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)