|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
(b) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(c) She knows he is dead.
(d) She knows that he is coming home soon.
2. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(b) He wanted to see the girl.
(c) He wanted to hear more stories.
(d) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
3. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
(a) He thought it was very smart.
(b) He was happy since he wanted an excuse to talk with the widow.
(c) He didn't understand it and said it didn't make sense.
(d) He refused to listen to the offer.
4. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) His grandfather
(b) His mother
(c) The widow
(d) His sister
5. Who did the townspeople thank?
(b) Father Lasalle
(c) The Mayor
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
2. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
3. What job did Jo have when the book started?
4. How often did Jo get to see the children in the barn?
5. What did Jo do after the man walked off?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)