|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
(b) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
(c) They were trying to protect the children.
(d) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
2. What had Rouf found?
(a) Another stray sheep
(b) A picnic basket
(c) A bear cub
(d) A wounded man
3. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
(a) They wanted Jo to beg the soldiers for food.
(b) They were going to ask Jo to steal for them.
(c) They were going to sell the pigs to Grandpere.
(d) They were going to plant a large garden.
4. Where did the man live?
(a) In a cabin by the stream
(b) At Widow Horcada's farm
(c) In the village
(d) In a tent in the woods
5. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
(a) What to do about Jo
(c) His son in the prison camp
(d) They had most likely fought against each other when they were young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the townspeople called together?
2. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
3. What was a sign of spring in the village?
4. Why did Jo have to hurry to find Benjamin?
5. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)