|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did the children like playing with Hubert?
(b) Keep Away
(c) Tic Tac Toe
(d) He let them climb on him at playtime and try to keep him down.
2. What new rule did the Germans initiate in the town when they moved in?
(a) They had to use German money.
(b) There was to be a strict curfew.
(c) They had to give the Germans a portion of their food supply.
(d) They couldn't write any more letters to their loved ones.
3. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
(b) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
(c) They told him to ask questions like that.
(d) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
4. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) His sister
(b) His mother
(c) His grandfather
(d) The widow
5. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(b) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(c) He wanted to see the girl.
(d) He wanted to hear more stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jo and Laurent pretend to be?
2. How does the man introduce himself?
3. Why did the widow need more supplies?
4. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
5. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)