|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
(a) He said it was too bad the cub was now an orphan.
(b) He said the cub's mother wandered off.
(c) He said the cub's mother would come back soon.
(d) He tells Jo not to feel bad. He just did his job.
2. What did Hubert make in the back of the classroom?
(b) Miniatures out of bread
3. How were the townspeople called together?
(a) They fired a canon.
(b) Hubert would go around beating the drum.
(c) They would ring the town bell.
(d) A siren would wail.
4. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
(b) The war
(d) The children's bedtime
5. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(b) Bears and soldiers
(c) Jewish children
(d) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Benjamin and Leah hiding?
2. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
3. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
4. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
5. What did the strange man bring?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)