|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
(a) In a cave
(b) In a tomb
(c) He didn't. He turned it in.
(d) Under the floorboards in his house.
2. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Wash her car
(b) Check on her horse
(c) Leave the room
(d) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
3. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
(a) They helped the farmers.
(b) They had a lot of money and hired people who needed jobs.
(c) They helped kill a bear.
(d) They made Hubert happy.
4. Why did the man stay with the widow?
(a) He was waiting for Anya to find him.
(b) He wanted to protect her.
(c) He knew she needed health care.
(d) He knew she needed someone to work on the farm.
5. What job did Jo have when the book started?
(a) He was watching the sheep.
(b) He played the organ in church
(c) He tended the fire at the schoolhouse.
(d) He worked at the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
2. Why did the widow need more supplies?
3. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
4. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
5. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)