|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
(b) What to do about Jo
(c) His son in the prison camp
(d) They had most likely fought against each other when they were young.
2. Why didn't Jo worry about the sheep?
(a) He hated them anyway.
(b) He knew Hubert would take care of them and bring them home.
(c) He knew they would wander home.
(d) They could fend for themselves.
3. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) His grandfather
(b) His mother
(c) His sister
(d) The widow
4. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Wash her car
(b) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
(c) Check on her horse
(d) Leave the room
5. What was a sign of spring in the village?
(a) The sound of sheep bells as they moved from one field to the next
(b) School was out.
(c) The soldiers moving out
(d) The sound of the organ
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
2. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
3. Where were Benjamin and Leah hiding?
4. What impressed the widow about the boy?
5. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)