|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a sign of spring in the village?
(a) The soldiers moving out
(b) The sound of the organ
(c) School was out.
(d) The sound of sheep bells as they moved from one field to the next
2. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
(a) A plant the teacher couldn't identify
(b) A bear print.
(c) Leah's shoe
(d) An eagle
3. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
(a) In a tomb
(b) He didn't. He turned it in.
(c) Under the floorboards in his house.
(d) In a cave
4. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He is the priest's son.
(b) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(c) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(d) He uses sign language.
5. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) He played hooky from school.
(b) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(c) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(d) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
2. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
3. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
4. Why was Rouf barking?
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)