|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
(a) He said the cub's mother wandered off.
(b) He said it was too bad the cub was now an orphan.
(c) He tells Jo not to feel bad. He just did his job.
(d) He said the cub's mother would come back soon.
2. How often did Jo get to see the children in the barn?
(a) Twice a month
(c) He wasn't allowed to see them.
(d) Once a week
3. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
(b) The war
(c) The children's bedtime
4. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
(b) His son in the prison camp
(c) They had most likely fought against each other when they were young.
(d) What to do about Jo
5. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
(b) The pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new rule did the Germans initiate in the town when they moved in?
2. What did the children do?
3. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
4. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
5. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)