|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Benjamin disguise himself at the farm?
(a) He dressed like a vagabond.
(b) He wore a mask.
(c) He would put the widow's shawl over his head.
(d) He shaved his head and dirtied his face.
2. What excuse did Jo give at home regarding his lateness?
(a) He said he twisted his ankle.
(b) He said he was too busy helping the widow.
(c) He said he forgot the time.
(d) He said he had seen an eagle.
3. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
(a) Leah's shoe
(b) A bear print.
(c) An eagle
(d) A plant the teacher couldn't identify
4. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
(b) They were trying to protect the children.
(c) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
(d) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
5. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
(a) He didn't like them, and he kept pretend shooting at them.
(b) He wanted to be just like them.
(c) They scared him.
(d) He was in awe of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed the widow about the boy?
2. Why did the man stay with the widow?
3. How did Jo know where to go?
4. Why is the man hiding?
5. What did Jo and Laurent pretend to be?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)