|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
(a) They were going to plant a large garden.
(b) They were going to sell the pigs to Grandpere.
(c) They were going to ask Jo to steal for them.
(d) They wanted Jo to beg the soldiers for food.
2. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His grasp of language
(b) His honesty
(c) His cleanliness
(d) His strength
3. What did Grandpere do when he saw Widow Horcada?
(a) He laughed.
(b) He turned his back on her.
(c) He spat on the ground.
(d) He held out his arms and called to her.
4. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(b) Secret documents
(d) Jewish children
5. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
(a) He refused to listen to the offer.
(b) He didn't understand it and said it didn't make sense.
(c) He was happy since he wanted an excuse to talk with the widow.
(d) He thought it was very smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes back to visit the man?
2. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
3. Why is the man hiding?
4. How would Benjamin disguise himself at the farm?
5. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)