|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
(b) It was printed in the newspaper.
(c) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
(d) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
2. Why did the man stay with the widow?
(a) He wanted to protect her.
(b) He knew she needed someone to work on the farm.
(c) He was waiting for Anya to find him.
(d) He knew she needed health care.
3. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her helper.
(b) He is her son.
(c) He is her adopted son.
(d) He is her son-in-law.
4. How old was Jo when the book began?
5. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
(a) He wanted to be just like them.
(b) He didn't like them, and he kept pretend shooting at them.
(c) They scared him.
(d) He was in awe of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
2. What did the man agree to do?
3. What were the Germans in the village like?
4. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
5. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)