|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jo get the Corporal to stop helping him?
(a) He tells the Corporal he hates him.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He yells at the man then stomps off.
(d) He says he won't get paid.
2. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
(a) He should never go back.
(b) He should check in once a month.
(c) He should check in once a week.
(d) He should check in daily.
3. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
(a) They made Hubert happy.
(b) They had a lot of money and hired people who needed jobs.
(c) They helped the farmers.
(d) They helped kill a bear.
4. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
(a) The corporal
(c) His sister
(d) A German patrol
5. Where was the man from?
(d) Paris, France
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandpere put on the rifle pile?
2. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
3. Where did Jo think Benjamin and Leah might be hiding if they hadn't been caught?
4. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
5. How did Jo know where to go?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)