|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He said "no."
(c) He refused to answer.
(d) He said "yes."
2. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
3. What did Grandpere put on the rifle pile?
(a) An ancient, rusted rifle
(b) A bow and arrow
(c) A BB gun
4. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her son-in-law.
(b) He is her helper.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is her adopted son.
5. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows that he is coming home soon.
(b) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(c) She knows he is dead.
(d) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jo find the shoe?
2. Who had sent the family a letter?
3. What job did Jo have when the book started?
4. What happened to Anya?
5. What new rule did the Germans initiate in the town when they moved in?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)