|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
(a) He hurt his ankle.
(b) He was lost.
(c) He wanted to search around for Anya.
(d) He wanted to find food first.
2. Where was the man from?
(d) Paris, France
3. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(b) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(c) He played hooky from school.
(d) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
4. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
(a) He didn't know how to survive in the mountains.
(b) He should have been back by then.
(c) He was weak.
(d) He had a tendency to talk too much.
5. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
(a) German soldiers
(d) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
2. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
3. What kind of work did Hubert do?
4. What happened to Anya?
5. Why did Jo have to hurry to find Benjamin?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)