|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(b) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(c) He wanted to hear more stories.
(d) He wanted to see the girl.
2. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
(b) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
(c) He is a criminal on the run.
(d) He is a Jew.
3. What new rule did the Germans initiate in the town when they moved in?
(a) They had to give the Germans a portion of their food supply.
(b) They had to use German money.
(c) There was to be a strict curfew.
(d) They couldn't write any more letters to their loved ones.
4. What kind of work did Hubert do?
(a) He was meticulous in documenting every detail.
(b) He was shoddy.
(c) He took his task very seriously.
(d) He goofed around, but still got the work done.
5. What did the children do?
(a) They ran with the townspeople.
(b) They had to help hold a rope to drag the animal in.
(c) They were taken inside for safekeeping.
(d) They sang songs about the occasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
2. Who had sent the family a letter?
3. Where did Jo think Benjamin and Leah might be hiding if they hadn't been caught?
4. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
5. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)