|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
(a) He left his jacket there.
(b) He was looking for Rouf.
(c) He had left his gun.
(d) He wanted to make sure the sheep were now safe.
2. Where did Jo think Benjamin and Leah might be hiding if they hadn't been caught?
(a) In Papa's hut
(b) In the water
(c) Behind a tree
(d) In some bushes
3. What did all the townspeople have to give up?
(a) Their religion
(b) Their jewelry
(c) Their jobs
(d) Their guns
4. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
(a) He refused to answer.
(b) He said "no."
(c) He said "yes."
(d) He ran away.
5. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
(a) He said it was too bad the cub was now an orphan.
(b) He tells Jo not to feel bad. He just did his job.
(c) He said the cub's mother would come back soon.
(d) He said the cub's mother wandered off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did they know the rescue was successful?
2. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
3. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
4. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
5. What did the children do?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)