|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the townspeople called together?
(a) Hubert would go around beating the drum.
(b) A siren would wail.
(c) They would ring the town bell.
(d) They fired a canon.
2. What does the man make the boy promise?
(a) That he will never goe up that high in the mountain again
(b) That he will work hard until he is the boss
(c) To never mention him or the incident
(d) That he will check the bear cub daily
3. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His honesty
(b) His grasp of language
(c) His cleanliness
(d) His strength
4. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(b) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(c) He uses sign language.
(d) He is the priest's son.
5. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to see the girl.
(b) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(c) He wanted to hear more stories.
(d) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about Hubert?
2. What kind of work did Hubert do?
3. Why did the widow need more supplies?
4. Why did the man stay with the widow?
5. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)