|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
2. Where did Jo think Benjamin and Leah might be hiding if they hadn't been caught?
(a) In some bushes
(b) Behind a tree
(c) In Papa's hut
(d) In the water
3. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
(a) He should never go back.
(b) He should check in daily.
(c) He should check in once a week.
(d) He should check in once a month.
4. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
(a) He said "yes."
(b) He said "no."
(c) He refused to answer.
(d) He ran away.
5. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the children.
(b) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
(c) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
(d) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
2. What did Grandpere do when he saw Widow Horcada?
3. Why did the widow need more supplies?
4. What did the strange man bring?
5. What was unique about Hubert?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)