|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
(a) Go back into hiding
(b) Break the soldier's leg
(c) Find his daughter
(d) Find a way past the soldiers to get to freedom
2. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) The widow
(b) His grandfather
(c) His mother
(d) His sister
3. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He had six fingers on each hand.
(b) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
(c) He was brilliant.
(d) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
4. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
(a) Benjamin was experiencing excruciating pain.
(b) It was their only chance of escaping from the soldiers.
(c) They were incredibly hungry.
(d) It wasn't much of a risk since the patrols were up the mountain.
5. What did Grandpere do when he saw Widow Horcada?
(a) He held out his arms and called to her.
(b) He turned his back on her.
(c) He laughed.
(d) He spat on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandpere put on the rifle pile?
2. What were Jo's nightmares about?
3. What kind of work did Hubert do?
4. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
5. Where was the man from?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)