|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(b) Jewish children
(d) Secret documents
2. Who was Christine?
(a) The neighbor
(b) The schoolteacher
(c) Jo's little sister
(d) The leader of the children
3. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His strength
(b) His honesty
(c) His grasp of language
(d) His cleanliness
4. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
(b) They told him to ask questions like that.
(c) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
(d) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
5. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He was brilliant.
(b) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
(c) He had six fingers on each hand.
(d) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the man live?
2. What did Grandpere do when he saw Widow Horcada?
3. What were Jo's nightmares about?
4. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
5. Who had sent the family a letter?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)