|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) There were now five children to look after.
(b) The food kept rotting.
(c) The soldiers kept taking her food.
(d) Leah ate a lot of food.
2. Why did the man stay with the widow?
(a) He was waiting for Anya to find him.
(b) He knew she needed health care.
(c) He knew she needed someone to work on the farm.
(d) He wanted to protect her.
3. What did Hubert make in the back of the classroom?
(c) Miniatures out of bread
4. Where was Jo's father?
(a) He was tending the sheep.
(b) He was working in the village.
(c) He was at war.
(d) He died a few years ago.
5. What kind of work did Hubert do?
(a) He was shoddy.
(b) He took his task very seriously.
(c) He goofed around, but still got the work done.
(d) He was meticulous in documenting every detail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
2. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
3. What happened to Anya?
4. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
5. Who was Christine?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)