|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
(a) They wanted the exercise.
(b) They were having a race to the border.
(c) They were chasing some Jewish children.
(d) There were soldiers everywhere.
2. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He uses sign language.
(b) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(c) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(d) He is the priest's son.
3. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
(a) The children's bedtime
(b) The war
4. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) The soldiers kept taking her food.
(b) The food kept rotting.
(c) Leah ate a lot of food.
(d) There were now five children to look after.
5. Why did the man stay with the widow?
(a) He was waiting for Anya to find him.
(b) He wanted to protect her.
(c) He knew she needed someone to work on the farm.
(d) He knew she needed health care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
2. Where was Jo's father?
3. What did Grandpere do when he saw Widow Horcada?
4. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
5. What did the man agree to do?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)