|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Rouf barking?
(a) A bear was coming by the sheep.
(b) The sheep were all wandering off.
(c) Strangers were coming near the field.
(d) One of the sheep was drowning.
2. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
(b) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
(c) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
(d) It was printed in the newspaper.
3. What had Rouf found?
(a) Another stray sheep
(b) A wounded man
(c) A bear cub
(d) A picnic basket
4. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
(b) They told him to ask questions like that.
(c) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
(d) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
5. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
(a) It was their only chance of escaping from the soldiers.
(b) It wasn't much of a risk since the patrols were up the mountain.
(c) They were incredibly hungry.
(d) Benjamin was experiencing excruciating pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
2. How does the man introduce himself?
3. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
4. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
5. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)