|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
(a) Break the soldier's leg
(b) Find his daughter
(c) Find a way past the soldiers to get to freedom
(d) Go back into hiding
2. How did Jo know where to go?
(a) He followed a map.
(b) He followed the directions the widow gave him.
(c) He looked for the trail Benjamin left.
(d) It was how they went to the summer pasture.
3. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
(a) He was looking for Rouf.
(b) He wanted to make sure the sheep were now safe.
(c) He left his jacket there.
(d) He had left his gun.
4. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
(b) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(c) He played hooky from school.
(d) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
5. What did all the townspeople have to give up?
(a) Their religion
(b) Their guns
(c) Their jobs
(d) Their jewelry
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Jo have when the book started?
2. Why did Jo have to hurry to find Benjamin?
3. What impressed the widow about the boy?
4. What had Rouf found?
5. Who was Christine?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)