|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the townspeople called together?
(a) Hubert would go around beating the drum.
(b) They would ring the town bell.
(c) A siren would wail.
(d) They fired a canon.
2. What had Rouf found?
(a) A bear cub
(b) A picnic basket
(c) A wounded man
(d) Another stray sheep
3. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
(a) He ran for help.
(b) He grabbed his gun.
(c) He jumped into the water.
(d) He started chasing after the animals.
4. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
(a) A German patrol
(b) The corporal
(d) His sister
5. What was the name of his village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jo think Benjamin and Leah might be hiding if they hadn't been caught?
2. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
3. What excuse did Jo give at home regarding his lateness?
4. Who did the townspeople thank?
5. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)