|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
(c) German soldiers
(d) His father
2. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
(b) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
(c) It was printed in the newspaper.
(d) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
3. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
(a) They scared him.
(b) He didn't like them, and he kept pretend shooting at them.
(c) He was in awe of them.
(d) He wanted to be just like them.
4. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
(a) They were chasing some Jewish children.
(b) They were having a race to the border.
(c) There were soldiers everywhere.
(d) They wanted the exercise.
5. Where were Benjamin and Leah hiding?
(a) In an abandoned car
(b) In a cave by the stream that they used as a donkey shed
(c) In the swamp
(d) Up in a tree
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
2. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
3. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
4. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
5. Where was Jo's father?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)