|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the man live?
(a) At Widow Horcada's farm
(b) In a tent in the woods
(c) In a cabin by the stream
(d) In the village
2. Who did the townspeople thank?
(b) Father Lasalle
(d) The Mayor
3. What did Jo do after the man walked off?
(a) He went back to the sheep.
(b) He sat down to think for a while.
(c) He followed him.
(d) He went back home.
4. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) With respect
(b) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(c) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(d) Normally, without smiling at her.
5. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
(a) He said the cub's mother would come back soon.
(b) He said the cub's mother wandered off.
(c) He tells Jo not to feel bad. He just did his job.
(d) He said it was too bad the cub was now an orphan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
2. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
3. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
4. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
5. What impressed the widow about the boy?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)