|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(b) He played hooky from school.
(c) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(d) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
2. Who came to help Jo?
(b) The men in the town came to help with their dogs.
(c) The children
(d) Everyone in the town-even mothers and children
3. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
(b) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
(c) They told him to ask questions like that.
(d) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
4. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows that he is coming home soon.
(b) She knows he is dead.
(c) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(d) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
5. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
(a) German soldiers
(b) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
2. What happened to Anya?
3. What had Rouf found?
4. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
5. Who comes back to visit the man?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)