|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Rouf barking?
(a) A bear was coming by the sheep.
(b) The sheep were all wandering off.
(c) One of the sheep was drowning.
(d) Strangers were coming near the field.
2. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
3. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
(a) He had left his gun.
(b) He wanted to make sure the sheep were now safe.
(c) He left his jacket there.
(d) He was looking for Rouf.
4. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Drive the boy back to the village
(b) Help the cub live
(c) Leave the area
(d) Help Jo get a job
5. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
(b) He is a criminal on the run.
(c) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
(d) He is a Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
2. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
3. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
4. What did the strange man bring?
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)