|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
(a) He tells Jo not to feel bad. He just did his job.
(b) He said the cub's mother would come back soon.
(c) He said the cub's mother wandered off.
(d) He said it was too bad the cub was now an orphan.
2. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(b) Bears and soldiers
(c) His father
(d) Jewish children
3. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He is a Jew.
(b) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
(c) He is a criminal on the run.
(d) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
4. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) It was printed in the newspaper.
(b) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
(c) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
(d) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They were silly.
(b) They could have gotten him killed.
(c) They were wise.
(d) They were a disgrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man make the boy promise?
2. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
3. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
4. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
5. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)