|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the man live?
(a) At Widow Horcada's farm
(b) In the village
(c) In a cabin by the stream
(d) In a tent in the woods
2. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
(b) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(c) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(d) He played hooky from school.
3. Who comes back to visit the man?
(b) The bear
(c) His daughter
(d) His wife
4. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
5. What had Rouf found?
(a) Another stray sheep
(b) A wounded man
(c) A picnic basket
(d) A bear cub
Short Answer Questions
1. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
2. What happened to Anya?
3. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
4. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
5. How old was Jo when the book began?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)