|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
(a) The war
(b) The children's bedtime
2. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(b) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(c) He wanted to see the girl.
(d) He wanted to hear more stories.
3. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) It was printed in the newspaper.
(b) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
(c) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
(d) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
4. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
(a) He was in awe of them.
(b) They scared him.
(c) He wanted to be just like them.
(d) He didn't like them, and he kept pretend shooting at them.
5. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her son.
(b) He is her helper.
(c) He is her son-in-law.
(d) He is her adopted son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
2. What kind of work did Hubert do?
3. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
4. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
5. What happened to Anya?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)