|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her helper.
(b) He is her son.
(c) He is her son-in-law.
(d) He is her adopted son.
2. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(b) He uses sign language.
(c) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(d) He is the priest's son.
3. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) With respect
(b) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(c) Normally, without smiling at her.
(d) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
4. Who comes back to visit the man?
(b) His wife
(c) His daughter
(d) The bear
5. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
(a) He said the cub's mother wandered off.
(b) He said it was too bad the cub was now an orphan.
(c) He tells Jo not to feel bad. He just did his job.
(d) He said the cub's mother would come back soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the man live?
2. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
3. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
4. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
5. How old was Jo when the book began?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)