|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
(a) He should never go back.
(b) He should check in once a week.
(c) He should check in once a month.
(d) He should check in daily.
2. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(b) He uses sign language.
(c) He is the priest's son.
(d) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
3. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His cleanliness
(b) His honesty
(c) His strength
(d) His grasp of language
4. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He had six fingers on each hand.
(b) He was brilliant.
(c) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
(d) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
5. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
(c) The pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the townspeople thank?
2. What did the man agree to do?
3. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
4. What happened to Anya?
5. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)