|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) The widow
(b) His sister
(c) His mother
(d) His grandfather
2. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Help Jo get a job
(b) Leave the area
(c) Help the cub live
(d) Drive the boy back to the village
3. What does the man make the boy promise?
(a) To never mention him or the incident
(b) That he will never goe up that high in the mountain again
(c) That he will check the bear cub daily
(d) That he will work hard until he is the boss
4. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her son-in-law.
(b) He is her adopted son.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is her helper.
5. Who comes back to visit the man?
(a) The bear
(b) His daughter
(c) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Rouf barking?
2. What kind of work did Hubert do?
3. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
4. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
5. Who did the townspeople thank?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)