|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
(a) He thought she was old and wise.
(b) She was a woman to avoid.
(c) He loved her cooking.
(d) He loved her stories.
2. What did the children do?
(a) They ran with the townspeople.
(b) They had to help hold a rope to drag the animal in.
(c) They sang songs about the occasion.
(d) They were taken inside for safekeeping.
3. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) He played hooky from school.
(b) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(c) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
(d) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
4. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
(a) He left his jacket there.
(b) He had left his gun.
(c) He wanted to make sure the sheep were now safe.
(d) He was looking for Rouf.
5. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He is the priest's son.
(b) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(c) He uses sign language.
(d) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of his village?
2. Who did the townspeople thank?
3. What happened to Anya?
4. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
5. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)