|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jo find the shoe?
(a) In the creek
(b) In the barn
(c) In the yard
(d) On the street
2. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(b) Secret documents
(d) Jewish children
3. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) His sister
(b) The widow
(c) His mother
(d) His grandfather
4. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(b) Normally, without smiling at her.
(c) With respect
(d) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
5. What was the name of his village?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
2. How old was Jo when the book began?
3. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
4. Where was the man from?
5. Why did the man stay with the widow?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)