|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her son.
(b) He is her son-in-law.
(c) He is her helper.
(d) He is her adopted son.
2. Where was Jo's father?
(a) He died a few years ago.
(b) He was at war.
(c) He was working in the village.
(d) He was tending the sheep.
3. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(b) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(c) He is the priest's son.
(d) He uses sign language.
4. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(b) Jewish children
(c) Bears and soldiers
(d) His father
5. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He was brilliant.
(b) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
(c) He had six fingers on each hand.
(d) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Christine?
2. What does the man make the boy promise?
3. What impressed the widow about the boy?
4. How old was Jo when the book began?
5. What happened to Anya?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)