|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work did Hubert do?
(a) He goofed around, but still got the work done.
(b) He took his task very seriously.
(c) He was shoddy.
(d) He was meticulous in documenting every detail.
2. Where did the man live?
(a) In a tent in the woods
(b) In the village
(c) At Widow Horcada's farm
(d) In a cabin by the stream
3. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
(d) The pastor.
4. What job did Jo have when the book started?
(a) He was watching the sheep.
(b) He played the organ in church
(c) He tended the fire at the schoolhouse.
(d) He worked at the store.
5. What did Jo do after the man walked off?
(a) He went back to the sheep.
(b) He went back home.
(c) He followed him.
(d) He sat down to think for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the man stay with the widow?
2. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
3. Where was the man from?
4. How does the man introduce himself?
5. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)