|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to help Jo?
(b) The children
(c) Everyone in the town-even mothers and children
(d) The men in the town came to help with their dogs.
2. Why was Rouf barking?
(a) Strangers were coming near the field.
(b) One of the sheep was drowning.
(c) The sheep were all wandering off.
(d) A bear was coming by the sheep.
3. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Help the cub live
(b) Help Jo get a job
(c) Drive the boy back to the village
(d) Leave the area
4. What did the children do?
(a) They had to help hold a rope to drag the animal in.
(b) They ran with the townspeople.
(c) They sang songs about the occasion.
(d) They were taken inside for safekeeping.
5. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(a) His father
(c) Jewish children
(d) Bears and soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
2. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
3. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
4. What was the name of his village?
5. Why did the man stay with the widow?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)