|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His honesty
(b) His grasp of language
(c) His cleanliness
(d) His strength
2. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
(b) It was printed in the newspaper.
(c) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
(d) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
3. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He is a criminal on the run.
(b) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
(c) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
(d) He is a Jew.
4. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(b) Bears and soldiers
(c) His father
(d) Jewish children
5. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
(b) He had six fingers on each hand.
(c) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
(d) He was brilliant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the man from?
2. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
3. Where did the man live?
4. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
5. Who did the townspeople thank?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)