|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jo do after the man walked off?
(a) He sat down to think for a while.
(b) He followed him.
(c) He went back home.
(d) He went back to the sheep.
2. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
(b) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(c) She knows that he is coming home soon.
(d) She knows he is dead.
3. How did they know the rescue was successful?
(a) They heard a shot then watched a triumphant procession as they returned.
(b) It was printed in the newspaper.
(c) Grandpere brought the sheep home.
(d) It wasn't successful. They came home silent and depressed.
4. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Leave the area
(b) Help the cub live
(c) Drive the boy back to the village
(d) Help Jo get a job
5. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He is a criminal on the run.
(b) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unique about Hubert?
2. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
3. Why was Rouf barking?
4. Who comes back to visit the man?
5. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)