|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(a) Jewish children
(c) His father
(d) Bears and soldiers
2. Where was the man from?
(c) Paris, France
3. How old was Jo when the book began?
4. Who comes back to visit the man?
(a) The bear
(b) His wife
(c) His daughter
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They were wise.
(b) They could have gotten him killed.
(c) They were a disgrace.
(d) They were silly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
2. How does the man introduce himself?
3. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
4. Why did the man stay with the widow?
5. Where did Jo find the shoe?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)