|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He was brilliant.
(b) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
(c) He had six fingers on each hand.
(d) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
2. What does the man make the boy promise?
(a) To never mention him or the incident
(b) That he will never goe up that high in the mountain again
(c) That he will check the bear cub daily
(d) That he will work hard until he is the boss
3. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(b) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
(c) She knows he is dead.
(d) She knows that he is coming home soon.
4. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(b) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(c) He wanted to see the girl.
(d) He wanted to hear more stories.
5. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) The widow
(b) His mother
(c) His sister
(d) His grandfather
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
2. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
3. What was the name of his village?
4. What was the man hiding in the barn?
5. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)