|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unique about Hubert?
(a) He had six fingers on each hand.
(b) He was a giant with the mind of a child.
(c) He was orphaned when he was very young, and he raised himself.
(d) He was brilliant.
2. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Help Jo get a job
(b) Leave the area
(c) Help the cub live
(d) Drive the boy back to the village
3. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(b) Bears and soldiers
(c) His father
(d) Jewish children
4. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(b) Normally, without smiling at her.
(c) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(d) With respect
5. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(b) Jewish children
(c) Secret documents
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jo find the shoe?
2. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
3. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
4. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
5. What was the name of his village?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)