|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
(b) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(c) She knows he is dead.
(d) She knows that he is coming home soon.
2. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His honesty
(b) His grasp of language
(c) His cleanliness
(d) His strength
3. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
4. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
(a) He wanted to make sure the sheep were now safe.
(b) He was looking for Rouf.
(c) He left his jacket there.
(d) He had left his gun.
5. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to hear more stories.
(b) He wanted to see the girl.
(c) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(d) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
2. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
3. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
4. How did they know the rescue was successful?
5. What had Rouf found?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)