|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her son-in-law.
(b) He is her son.
(c) He is her helper.
(d) He is her adopted son.
2. How old was Jo when the book began?
3. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(b) He uses sign language.
(c) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(d) He is the priest's son.
4. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Help Jo get a job
(b) Leave the area
(c) Help the cub live
(d) Drive the boy back to the village
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They were silly.
(b) They could have gotten him killed.
(c) They were a disgrace.
(d) They were wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
2. Who came to help Jo?
3. What impressed the widow about the boy?
4. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
5. What had Rouf found?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)