|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Benjamin and Leah?
(a) They came home after they found Anya.
(b) They died in the concentration camp.
(c) Benjamin officially adopted Leah.
(d) They escaped from the Germans and came home.
2. What job did Jo take on after school?
(a) He became a teacher.
(b) He became a full-time shepherd.
(c) He became a soldier.
(d) He became a naturalist.
3. Why was Jo worried about what the Corporal would see?
(a) He thought the Corporal would get confused.
(b) He would know that women and children don't go to drive sheep up a mountain.
(c) He thought the Corporal would blame him.
(d) He thought the Corporal would turn in the Jews.
4. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(b) With respect
(c) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(d) Normally, without smiling at her.
5. Where were the children hiding?
(a) Under the roots of a large tree
(b) In a cave
(c) Behind rocks
(d) Under the floorboards
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
2. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
3. Who was the "stranger" in Jo's home?
4. Who did the townspeople thank?
5. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)