Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a sign of spring in the village?
(a) School was out.
(b) The soldiers moving out
(c) The sound of sheep bells as they moved from one field to the next
(d) The sound of the organ
2. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
(a) Leah's shoe
(b) An eagle
(c) A bear print.
(d) A plant the teacher couldn't identify
3. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
(a) In a tomb
(b) Under the floorboards in his house.
(c) He didn't. He turned it in.
(d) In a cave
4. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He is the priest's son.
(b) He uses sign language.
(c) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(d) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
5. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
(b) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(c) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(d) He played hooky from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
2. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
3. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
4. Why was Rouf barking?
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)