|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
(a) He was weak.
(b) He didn't know how to survive in the mountains.
(c) He should have been back by then.
(d) He had a tendency to talk too much.
2. Where was the man from?
(b) Paris, France
3. Where did Jo go with the Corporal?
(a) To the store
(b) He went to look for eagles.
(c) To the Corporal's home
(d) To church
4. How did Papa react to the soldiers?
(a) They made him depressed.
(b) He kept having flashbacks to his time in the work camp.
(c) He was thankful for the protection they offered.
(d) He was angry and bitter in their presence.
5. Who unexpectedly followed Jo when he took Grandpere up to the widow's house?
(b) The corporal
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jo's companion as he watched the sheep?
2. What is special about Michael?
3. How did the Jewish children blend in with the villagers?
4. Who had sent the family a letter?
5. What danger did the villagers face as they went up the mountain?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)