|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Germans in the village like?
(a) They were easily walked over.
(b) They were tyrants.
(d) They were sadistic.
2. What new rule did the Germans initiate in the town when they moved in?
(a) They had to give the Germans a portion of their food supply.
(b) They couldn't write any more letters to their loved ones.
(c) They had to use German money.
(d) There was to be a strict curfew.
3. What excuse did Jo give at home regarding his lateness?
(a) He said he was too busy helping the widow.
(b) He said he had seen an eagle.
(c) He said he twisted his ankle.
(d) He said he forgot the time.
4. How did the stranger react when he was told about Jo's work in the household?
(a) He praised Jo.
(b) He was appreciative.
(c) His face darkened.
(d) He was exuberent.
5. How did the schoolteacher respond when he was asked if the children could miss a day of school?
(a) He said they would probably learn more in that day than they would in a lifetime.
(b) He was happy for a day off.
(c) He said that education was more important.
(d) He said the children needed to study for exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
2. What did Jo and Laurent pretend to be?
3. What did Hubert make in the back of the classroom?
4. How did Jo feel about the Widow Horcada?
5. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)