|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Jo have when the book started?
(a) He tended the fire at the schoolhouse.
(b) He was watching the sheep.
(c) He worked at the store.
(d) He played the organ in church
2. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
(b) His son in the prison camp
(c) What to do about Jo
(d) They had most likely fought against each other when they were young.
3. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the children.
(b) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
(c) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
(d) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
4. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
5. What gift did Hubert give the Corporal?
(a) A miniature chalice
(b) A poem
(c) An eagle feather
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Jo worry about the sheep?
2. What did Madame Horcada say about Maman?
3. Who did Jo see crouching at the edge of the woods?
4. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
5. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)