|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
(a) It wasn't much of a risk since the patrols were up the mountain.
(b) They were incredibly hungry.
(c) Benjamin was experiencing excruciating pain.
(d) It was their only chance of escaping from the soldiers.
2. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
(a) German soldiers
(c) His father
3. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
(a) What to do about Jo
(b) They had most likely fought against each other when they were young.
(c) His son in the prison camp
4. Who unexpectedly followed Jo when he took Grandpere up to the widow's house?
(a) The corporal
5. What advice did Benjamin give Jo regarding Anya?
(a) Forget about her.
(b) Wait and pray
(c) Stay away from her.
(d) Help her however he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the soldiers find in the barn?
2. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
3. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
4. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
5. Why did Grandpere choose to tell the secret?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)