|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did Jo get to see the children in the barn?
(b) Once a week
(c) Twice a month
(d) He wasn't allowed to see them.
2. What was the name of his village?
3. How did Grandpere know about the hiding place?
(a) He found it while hunting.
(b) Madame Horcada showed it to him.
(c) He hid there during the first war.
(d) His father used it for smuggling alcohol over the border.
4. Where was the man from?
(d) Paris, France
5. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Help Jo get a job
(b) Leave the area
(c) Help the cub live
(d) Drive the boy back to the village
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
2. Who was the "stranger" in Jo's home?
3. How did the schoolteacher respond when he was asked if the children could miss a day of school?
4. How did Maman and Madame Horcada react to each other?
5. What was happening to the Germans?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)