|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unexpectedly followed Jo when he took Grandpere up to the widow's house?
(a) The corporal
2. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
(b) He is a criminal on the run.
(c) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
(d) He is a Jew.
3. What was a sign of spring in the village?
(a) The sound of the organ
(b) The soldiers moving out
(c) School was out.
(d) The sound of sheep bells as they moved from one field to the next
4. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
(a) It was their only chance of escaping from the soldiers.
(b) It wasn't much of a risk since the patrols were up the mountain.
(c) Benjamin was experiencing excruciating pain.
(d) They were incredibly hungry.
5. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
(a) A plant the teacher couldn't identify
(b) A bear print.
(c) An eagle
(d) Leah's shoe
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
2. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
3. How did the schoolteacher respond when he was asked if the children could miss a day of school?
4. Where were the children hiding?
5. What did Hubert make in the back of the classroom?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)