|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Grandpere know about the hiding place?
(a) Madame Horcada showed it to him.
(b) His father used it for smuggling alcohol over the border.
(c) He found it while hunting.
(d) He hid there during the first war.
2. What did the children do?
(a) They sang songs about the occasion.
(b) They ran with the townspeople.
(c) They were taken inside for safekeeping.
(d) They had to help hold a rope to drag the animal in.
3. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
(a) They helped the farmers.
(b) They made Hubert happy.
(c) They had a lot of money and hired people who needed jobs.
(d) They helped kill a bear.
4. What did Michael give Jo?
(a) A hug
(b) A chess piece
(c) Some food
(d) The address for the house where he was going
5. Why didn't the patrol see the person at the edge of the woods?
(a) They were distracted by the eagle.
(b) They were distracted by a bear.
(c) He was very well hidden.
(d) The Corporal called out to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Jo's father have?
2. What gift did Hubert give the Corporal?
3. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
4. How did the stranger react when he was told about Jo's work in the household?
5. How did Grandpere learn about the children?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)