|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
(a) He wanted to find food first.
(b) He wanted to search around for Anya.
(c) He hurt his ankle.
(d) He was lost.
2. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
(a) Hired help
(b) A translator
(d) More children
3. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(b) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(c) He is the priest's son.
(d) He uses sign language.
4. What did Grandpere put on the rifle pile?
(a) An ancient, rusted rifle
(b) A bow and arrow
(d) A BB gun
5. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her helper.
(b) He is her son-in-law.
(c) He is her adopted son.
(d) He is her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Christine?
2. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
3. What was a sign of spring in the village?
4. What illness did Jo's father have?
5. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)