|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
(b) They were trying to protect the children.
(c) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
(d) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
2. How did Papa react to the soldiers?
(a) They made him depressed.
(b) He was thankful for the protection they offered.
(c) He was angry and bitter in their presence.
(d) He kept having flashbacks to his time in the work camp.
3. How were the townspeople called together?
(a) They would ring the town bell.
(b) A siren would wail.
(c) They fired a canon.
(d) Hubert would go around beating the drum.
4. Why did Grandpere choose to tell the secret?
(a) He thought they needed help.
(b) Madame Horcada released him from his promise.
(c) Papa thought his son was betraying him.
(d) He forgot it was supposed to be a secret.
5. How does the stranger react when they tell him about the curfew?
(a) He gets very depressed and refuses to talk about it.
(b) He thinks it's a good idea.
(c) He says he doesn't care and goes out anyway.
(d) He respects it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madame Horcada say about Maman?
2. What did Jo do after the man walked off?
3. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
4. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
5. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)