|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Jo tell Grandpere about the children?
(a) He didn't want to make Grandpere nervous.
(b) He was worried Grandpere would turn the children in.
(c) He though his Grandpere would get mad at him.
(d) He promised the widow that he wouldn't mention it.
2. What were the Germans in the village like?
(a) They were easily walked over.
(b) They were tyrants.
(d) They were sadistic.
3. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Leave the room
(b) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
(c) Wash her car
(d) Check on her horse
4. What job did Jo have when the book started?
(a) He played the organ in church
(b) He was watching the sheep.
(c) He worked at the store.
(d) He tended the fire at the schoolhouse.
5. What did Papa and Grandpere do during the special Mass?
(a) They hid the Jewish children around the village.
(b) They sang a special song.
(c) They went to the graveyard.
(d) They went drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about Michael?
2. What happened to Anya?
3. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
4. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
5. Who was Christine?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)