|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of his village?
2. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
(b) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(c) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(d) He played hooky from school.
3. Who did the townspeople thank?
(a) The Mayor
(b) Father Lasalle
4. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to hear more stories.
(b) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(c) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(d) He wanted to see the girl.
5. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
(a) He wanted to make sure the sheep were now safe.
(b) He left his jacket there.
(c) He had left his gun.
(d) He was looking for Rouf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
2. Who was Christine?
3. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
4. What did all the townspeople have to give up?
5. What did Grandpere put on the rifle pile?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)