|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Christine?
(a) Jo's little sister
(b) The leader of the children
(c) The schoolteacher
(d) The neighbor
2. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the children.
(b) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
(c) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
(d) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
3. What had Rouf found?
(a) A picnic basket
(b) A bear cub
(c) Another stray sheep
(d) A wounded man
4. How were the townspeople called together?
(a) Hubert would go around beating the drum.
(b) They would ring the town bell.
(c) A siren would wail.
(d) They fired a canon.
5. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) His sister
(b) His grandfather
(c) His mother
(d) The widow
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the man from?
2. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
3. What did Grandpere put on the rifle pile?
4. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
5. Where were Benjamin and Leah hiding?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)