|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
(a) He had a tendency to talk too much.
(b) He was weak.
(c) He didn't know how to survive in the mountains.
(d) He should have been back by then.
2. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(b) Normally, without smiling at her.
(c) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(d) With respect
3. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(b) He wanted to hear more stories.
(c) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
(d) He wanted to see the girl.
4. Who did the townspeople thank?
(a) Father Lasalle
(c) The Mayor
5. Why was Rouf barking?
(a) Strangers were coming near the field.
(b) A bear was coming by the sheep.
(c) One of the sheep was drowning.
(d) The sheep were all wandering off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
2. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
3. What does the man say about the cub's mother?
4. Where was the man from?
5. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)