|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Rouf barking?
(a) One of the sheep was drowning.
(b) A bear was coming by the sheep.
(c) Strangers were coming near the field.
(d) The sheep were all wandering off.
2. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
(b) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(c) She knows he is dead.
(d) She knows that he is coming home soon.
3. Where did the man live?
(a) In the village
(b) In a tent in the woods
(c) In a cabin by the stream
(d) At Widow Horcada's farm
4. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His grasp of language
(b) His honesty
(c) His cleanliness
(d) His strength
5. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) Normally, without smiling at her.
(b) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(c) With respect
(d) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Christine?
2. How did they know the rescue was successful?
3. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
4. What was the name of his village?
5. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)