|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(b) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(c) With respect
(d) Normally, without smiling at her.
2. What did all the townspeople have to give up?
(a) Their jobs
(b) Their jewelry
(c) Their religion
(d) Their guns
3. What excuse did Jo give at home regarding his lateness?
(a) He said he had seen an eagle.
(b) He said he was too busy helping the widow.
(c) He said he twisted his ankle.
(d) He said he forgot the time.
4. Who had sent the family a letter?
(a) Jo's dad
(b) The Widow
(d) The corporal
5. Who came to help Jo?
(a) The children
(b) Everyone in the town-even mothers and children
(c) The men in the town came to help with their dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes back to visit the man?
2. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
3. What were Jo's nightmares about?
4. What game did the children like playing with Hubert?
5. Where did Jo think Benjamin and Leah might be hiding if they hadn't been caught?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)