|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work did Hubert do?
(a) He was shoddy.
(b) He goofed around, but still got the work done.
(c) He was meticulous in documenting every detail.
(d) He took his task very seriously.
2. What did Jo do after the man walked off?
(a) He followed him.
(b) He went back home.
(c) He sat down to think for a while.
(d) He went back to the sheep.
3. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
(a) The corporal
(b) His sister
(c) A German patrol
4. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
(a) They were trying to protect the children.
(b) They were trying to make life hard for the townspeople.
(c) They were trying to protect the townspeople.
(d) They were trying to protect the border from escapees.
5. What new rule did the Germans initiate in the town when they moved in?
(a) There was to be a strict curfew.
(b) They had to use German money.
(c) They had to give the Germans a portion of their food supply.
(d) They couldn't write any more letters to their loved ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hubert make in the back of the classroom?
2. Where did the man live?
3. What did the children do?
4. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
5. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)