|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) He played hooky from school.
(b) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(c) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
(d) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
2. Who had sent the family a letter?
(a) Jo's dad
(b) The Widow
(d) The corporal
3. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
(b) He is a Jew.
(c) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
(d) He is a criminal on the run.
4. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) The soldiers kept taking her food.
(b) The food kept rotting.
(c) There were now five children to look after.
(d) Leah ate a lot of food.
5. Who came to help Jo?
(a) Everyone in the town-even mothers and children
(b) The children
(c) The men in the town came to help with their dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
2. What did the strange man bring?
3. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
4. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
5. Where did Jo find the shoe?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)