|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jo know where to go?
(a) He followed the directions the widow gave him.
(b) He followed a map.
(c) He looked for the trail Benjamin left.
(d) It was how they went to the summer pasture.
2. Where was the man from?
(a) Paris, France
3. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) His sister
(b) The widow
(c) His mother
(d) His grandfather
4. Where did the man live?
(a) In a cabin by the stream
(b) In the village
(c) In a tent in the woods
(d) At Widow Horcada's farm
5. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
(a) The corporal
(c) A German patrol
(d) His sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What did all the townspeople have to give up?
2. Why hadn't Benjamin come home?
3. What job did Jo have when the book started?
4. What did the children do?
5. What was the man hiding in the barn?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)