|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
(a) He didn't know how to survive in the mountains.
(b) He was weak.
(c) He had a tendency to talk too much.
(d) He should have been back by then.
2. How did Jo know where to go?
(a) He followed the directions the widow gave him.
(b) He looked for the trail Benjamin left.
(c) He followed a map.
(d) It was how they went to the summer pasture.
3. What happened to Anya?
(a) She got a job.
(b) She was injured and a relative was taking care of her.
(c) She became separated from her father.
(d) She was killed.
4. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) The widow
(b) His mother
(c) His sister
(d) His grandfather
5. What did the children do?
(a) They had to help hold a rope to drag the animal in.
(b) They ran with the townspeople.
(c) They sang songs about the occasion.
(d) They were taken inside for safekeeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man make the boy promise?
2. What payment would Jo receive for his work?
3. Why did the widow need more supplies?
4. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
5. What game did the children like playing with Hubert?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)