|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) With respect
(b) Normally, without smiling at her.
(c) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(d) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
2. Why did Jo have to hurry to find Benjamin?
(a) There were only a few hours of daylight left.
(b) They were going to be late for a meeting.
(c) He knew Benjamin might be dying somewhere.
(d) He had to get home before curfew.
3. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Help the cub live
(b) Drive the boy back to the village
(c) Help Jo get a job
(d) Leave the area
4. What did the children do?
(a) They ran with the townspeople.
(b) They sang songs about the occasion.
(c) They had to help hold a rope to drag the animal in.
(d) They were taken inside for safekeeping.
5. Who came to help Jo?
(a) The children
(c) Everyone in the town-even mothers and children
(d) The men in the town came to help with their dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the man hiding in the barn?
2. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
3. Who did the townspeople thank?
4. Where was Jo's father?
5. Why did the man stay with the widow?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)