|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work did Hubert do?
(a) He goofed around, but still got the work done.
(b) He took his task very seriously.
(c) He was meticulous in documenting every detail.
(d) He was shoddy.
2. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(a) His father
(c) Jewish children
(d) Bears and soldiers
3. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her son.
(b) He is her helper.
(c) He is her son-in-law.
(d) He is her adopted son.
4. What did the children do?
(a) They ran with the townspeople.
(b) They had to help hold a rope to drag the animal in.
(c) They sang songs about the occasion.
(d) They were taken inside for safekeeping.
5. Who did the townspeople thank?
(c) Father Lasalle
(d) The Mayor
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
2. How does the man introduce himself?
3. How old was Jo when the book began?
4. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
5. What was unique about Hubert?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)