|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jo say when they asked him if the shoe was the only thing he found?
(a) He said "no."
(b) He said "yes."
(c) He ran away.
(d) He refused to answer.
2. What game did the children like playing with Hubert?
(b) Keep Away
(c) Tic Tac Toe
(d) He let them climb on him at playtime and try to keep him down.
3. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(b) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(c) He uses sign language.
(d) He is the priest's son.
4. What did Grandpere put on the rifle pile?
(b) A BB gun
(c) A bow and arrow
(d) An ancient, rusted rifle
5. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
(a) The corporal
(b) A German patrol
(d) His sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
2. What was the name of his village?
3. Where did Grandpere hide the hunting rifle?
4. What happened to Anya?
5. Who came to help Jo?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)