|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jo's father?
(a) He was working in the village.
(b) He was at war.
(c) He was tending the sheep.
(d) He died a few years ago.
2. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) Normally, without smiling at her.
(b) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(c) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(d) With respect
3. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He is a criminal on the run.
(b) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
4. How does the man introduce himself?
(a) He uses sign language.
(b) He says it's better that they not know each other.
(c) He tells Jo to just call him Monsieur.
(d) He is the priest's son.
5. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
(a) He refused to listen to the offer.
(b) He didn't understand it and said it didn't make sense.
(c) He was happy since he wanted an excuse to talk with the widow.
(d) He thought it was very smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the widow react to the news that the soldiers were coming?
2. How did Jo know where to go?
3. What did the Germans find in the house searches?
4. Who had sent the family a letter?
5. How did Grandpere learn about the children?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)