|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
(a) He didn't like them, and he kept pretend shooting at them.
(b) He wanted to be just like them.
(c) They scared him.
(d) He was in awe of them.
2. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
(a) It was their only chance of escaping from the soldiers.
(b) They were incredibly hungry.
(c) Benjamin was experiencing excruciating pain.
(d) It wasn't much of a risk since the patrols were up the mountain.
3. What excuse did Jo give at home regarding his lateness?
(a) He said he twisted his ankle.
(b) He said he had seen an eagle.
(c) He said he was too busy helping the widow.
(d) He said he forgot the time.
4. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(b) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(c) Normally, without smiling at her.
(d) With respect
5. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(a) Jewish children
(b) Secret documents
Short Answer Questions
1. Why hadn't Grandpere told Jo that he knew about the children?
2. Who did Jo encounter as he looked for Benjamin?
3. What did the situation make Benjamin determined to do?
4. Where did Jo go with the Corporal?
5. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)