|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
(b) They told him to ask questions like that.
(c) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
(d) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
2. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) His sister
(b) His grandfather
(c) His mother
(d) The widow
3. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Leave the area
(b) Help Jo get a job
(c) Drive the boy back to the village
(d) Help the cub live
4. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
(a) They made Hubert happy.
(b) They helped the farmers.
(c) They had a lot of money and hired people who needed jobs.
(d) They helped kill a bear.
5. What excuse did Jo give at home regarding his lateness?
(a) He said he was too busy helping the widow.
(b) He said he forgot the time.
(c) He said he had seen an eagle.
(d) He said he twisted his ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the children do?
2. Why is the man hiding?
3. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
4. How did the widow react to the news that the soldiers were coming?
5. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)