|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
(a) He thought it was very smart.
(b) He didn't understand it and said it didn't make sense.
(c) He was happy since he wanted an excuse to talk with the widow.
(d) He refused to listen to the offer.
2. How does Jo get the Corporal to stop helping him?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He yells at the man then stomps off.
(c) He tells the Corporal he hates him.
(d) He says he won't get paid.
3. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
(a) More children
(b) A translator
(d) Hired help
4. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They could have gotten him killed.
(b) They were silly.
(c) They were a disgrace.
(d) They were wise.
5. What were the Germans in the village like?
(a) They were easily walked over.
(b) They were tyrants.
(c) They were sadistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jo go back to the pasture?
2. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
3. Who was Christine?
4. Where did Jo find the shoe?
5. What was the name of his village?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)