|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. why did Jo go back to the widow's house?
(a) He wanted to hear more stories.
(b) He wanted to see the girl.
(c) He wanted to check on the bear cub.
(d) He wanted to warn her about the German soldiers.
2. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
(a) They wanted Jo to beg the soldiers for food.
(b) They were going to sell the pigs to Grandpere.
(c) They were going to plant a large garden.
(d) They were going to ask Jo to steal for them.
3. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
(a) They helped the farmers.
(b) They helped kill a bear.
(c) They made Hubert happy.
(d) They had a lot of money and hired people who needed jobs.
4. How did Grandpere learn about the children?
(a) He threatened the widow until she told him.
(b) The dog led Grandpere to the children.
(c) He guessed when he was questioning the widow.
(d) He followed Jo.
5. Where was Jo's father?
(a) He was working in the village.
(b) He was at war.
(c) He died a few years ago.
(d) He was tending the sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Rouf found?
2. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
3. How were the townspeople called together?
4. Where did Jo find the shoe?
5. What did the man agree to do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)