|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Help the cub live
(b) Help Jo get a job
(c) Leave the area
(d) Drive the boy back to the village
2. How did Grandpere know about the hiding place?
(a) His father used it for smuggling alcohol over the border.
(b) He hid there during the first war.
(c) Madame Horcada showed it to him.
(d) He found it while hunting.
3. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(a) Jewish children
(b) His father
(d) Bears and soldiers
4. Why is the man hiding?
(a) He made people angry, and they want to kill him.
(b) He is a Jew.
(c) He has some valuables he is protecting for someone else.
(d) He is a criminal on the run.
5. What did the strange man bring?
(a) Meat for Rouf
(c) Milk for the cub
(d) A first-aid kit
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
2. What did Laurent find on the class field trip?
3. What did Jo do when he saw what Rouf was barking at?
4. Why hadn't Grandpere told Jo that he knew about the children?
5. Why did the man stay with the widow?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)