|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was happening to the Germans?
(a) They were becoming depressed.
(b) They were bullying the townspeople.
(c) They were being driven out of Russia and Africa.
(d) They were gaining in strength.
2. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) The soldiers kept taking her food.
(b) The food kept rotting.
(c) There were now five children to look after.
(d) Leah ate a lot of food.
3. Why were Benjamin and Leah running the night before when he was injured?
(a) There were soldiers everywhere.
(b) They wanted the exercise.
(c) They were having a race to the border.
(d) They were chasing some Jewish children.
4. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
(a) The widow
(b) His grandfather
(c) His mother
(d) His sister
5. What did the man agree to do?
(a) Help Jo get a job
(b) Help the cub live
(c) Leave the area
(d) Drive the boy back to the village
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jo see crouching at the edge of the woods?
2. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
3. In the celebration of the capture, what was suddenly forgotten?
4. What was a sign of spring in the village?
5. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)