|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Benjamin, Leah, and Jo risk cutting across the open field?
(a) Benjamin was experiencing excruciating pain.
(b) It was their only chance of escaping from the soldiers.
(c) They were incredibly hungry.
(d) It wasn't much of a risk since the patrols were up the mountain.
2. Why did Jo have to hurry to find Benjamin?
(a) He had to get home before curfew.
(b) There were only a few hours of daylight left.
(c) He knew Benjamin might be dying somewhere.
(d) They were going to be late for a meeting.
3. Who was Christine?
(a) Jo's little sister
(b) The neighbor
(c) The leader of the children
(d) The schoolteacher
4. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(b) Normally, without smiling at her.
(c) With respect
(d) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
5. What did the widow ask if Jo could do?
(a) Wash her car
(b) Leave the room
(c) Carry her purchases home for her weekly
(d) Check on her horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What toy did Jo recognize?
2. How did Grandpere know about the hiding place?
3. Who did Jo see crouching at the edge of the woods?
4. What was a sign of spring in the village?
5. Why were the Germans setting all the rules?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)