|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jo when the book began?
2. Where were Benjamin and Leah hiding?
(a) In the swamp
(b) In an abandoned car
(c) Up in a tree
(d) In a cave by the stream that they used as a donkey shed
3. Who had sent the family a letter?
(a) The corporal
(c) Jo's dad
(d) The Widow
4. Where was Jo's father?
(a) He was working in the village.
(b) He was at war.
(c) He died a few years ago.
(d) He was tending the sheep.
5. Why did the widow need more supplies?
(a) The soldiers kept taking her food.
(b) The food kept rotting.
(c) Leah ate a lot of food.
(d) There were now five children to look after.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
2. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
3. What was a sign of spring in the village?
4. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
5. Who arrived in the village while Jo was gone?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)