|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jo know where to go?
(a) It was how they went to the summer pasture.
(b) He followed the directions the widow gave him.
(c) He followed a map.
(d) He looked for the trail Benjamin left.
2. Where were Benjamin and Leah hiding?
(a) In a cave by the stream that they used as a donkey shed
(b) In an abandoned car
(c) Up in a tree
(d) In the swamp
3. How did the widow react to the news that the soldiers were coming?
(a) She became angry.
(b) She passed out.
(c) She ran to get a pitchfork.
(d) She said they had planned for it.
4. Who did the townspeople thank?
(c) The Mayor
(d) Father Lasalle
5. Where was Jo's father?
(a) He died a few years ago.
(b) He was working in the village.
(c) He was at war.
(d) He was tending the sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
2. What did Jo and Laurent pretend to be?
3. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
4. Who did Jo find at the widow's house when he went to warn her about the home inspections?
5. What does the man make the boy promise?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)