|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
(a) Jo was great at making strategies.
(b) Jo never got in trouble.
(c) Jo had a deep voice.
(d) Jo always went along with his schemes.
2. Who comes back to visit the man?
(a) The bear
(b) His wife
(c) His daughter
3. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
4. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
(b) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
(c) They told him to ask questions like that.
(d) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
5. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He thought it was natural in their situation.
(b) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
(c) He thought it was wise.
(d) He was was very angry and hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the man hiding?
2. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
3. What was Grandpere talking with the German soldier about?
4. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
5. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)