|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
(a) He was nervous.
(b) He was angry and loud.
(c) He was drunk and brooding.
(d) He was triumphant that he got away with breaking the rules.
2. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
(a) He was happy since he wanted an excuse to talk with the widow.
(b) He refused to listen to the offer.
(c) He thought it was very smart.
(d) He didn't understand it and said it didn't make sense.
3. What were the Germans in the village like?
(b) They were tyrants.
(c) They were easily walked over.
(d) They were sadistic.
4. What does Grandpere admit he is doing with Madame Horcada?
(a) He is treating her as a charity project.
(b) He is helping her because if his friendship with her dead spouse.
(c) He admits that he is courting her.
(d) He is trying to ignore her.
5. Where was the man from?
(d) Paris, France
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the "stranger" in Jo's home?
2. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
3. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
4. How did Laurent feel about his own father?
5. What did Hubert chase when they went to the woods?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)