|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
(b) They told him to ask questions like that.
(c) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
(d) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
2. What were the Germans in the village like?
(a) They were tyrants.
(c) They were sadistic.
(d) They were easily walked over.
3. What did Maman say about Hubert's actions?
(a) They were silly.
(b) They were a disgrace.
(c) They could have gotten him killed.
(d) They were wise.
4. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her son.
(b) He is her helper.
(c) He is her adopted son.
(d) He is her son-in-law.
5. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
2. How does the stranger react when they tell him about the curfew?
3. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
4. How does Jo get the Corporal to stop helping him?
5. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)