|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Hubert give the Corporal?
(b) A poem
(c) A miniature chalice
(d) An eagle feather
2. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
(a) They were going to sell the pigs to Grandpere.
(b) They were going to plant a large garden.
(c) They were going to ask Jo to steal for them.
(d) They wanted Jo to beg the soldiers for food.
3. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
(a) He didn't like them, and he kept pretend shooting at them.
(b) They scared him.
(c) He wanted to be just like them.
(d) He was in awe of them.
4. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
(a) He should check in once a week.
(b) He should never go back.
(c) He should check in daily.
(d) He should check in once a month.
5. Who was the "stranger" in Jo's home?
(b) His father
(c) His teacher
(d) The Corporal
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the man from?
2. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
3. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
4. What were the Germans in the village like?
5. How did the soldiers gain acceptance in the village?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)