|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
(a) She knows that he is coming home soon.
(b) She knows that he is a vegetarian.
(c) She knows he is dead.
(d) She knows he is a prisoner-of-war.
2. How did Papa react to the soldiers?
(a) They made him depressed.
(b) He was thankful for the protection they offered.
(c) He kept having flashbacks to his time in the work camp.
(d) He was angry and bitter in their presence.
3. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His honesty
(b) His cleanliness
(c) His grasp of language
(d) His strength
4. Why did Laurent ask Jo to be his accomplice?
(a) Jo had a deep voice.
(b) Jo always went along with his schemes.
(c) Jo never got in trouble.
(d) Jo was great at making strategies.
5. How did the stranger react when he was told about Jo's work in the household?
(a) His face darkened.
(b) He was exuberent.
(c) He praised Jo.
(d) He was appreciative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
2. How does the stranger react when they tell him about the curfew?
3. Why didn't the patrol see the person at the edge of the woods?
4. How many children were in the barn when the cow went dry?
5. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)