|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Benjamin and the widow need?
(a) More children
(b) A translator
(d) Hired help
2. What impressed the widow about the boy?
(a) His honesty
(b) His cleanliness
(c) His grasp of language
(d) His strength
3. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
(b) They told him to ask questions like that.
(c) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
(d) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
4. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
(a) They scared him.
(b) He wanted to be just like them.
(c) He was in awe of them.
(d) He didn't like them, and he kept pretend shooting at them.
5. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He was was very angry and hurt.
(b) He thought it was natural in their situation.
(c) He thought it was wise.
(d) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
2. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
3. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
4. How did Papa react after hearing what Jo was doing?
5. What did Hubert chase when they went to the woods?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)