|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the widow want the boy to treat her in the village?
(a) Normally, without smiling at her.
(b) He should act as if he's repulsed by her.
(c) He should act as if he's afraid of her.
(d) With respect
2. What was the man hiding in the barn?
(b) Secret documents
(d) Jewish children
3. How often did Jo get to see the children in the barn?
(a) He wasn't allowed to see them.
(b) Twice a month
(c) Once a week
4. What does the Corporal offer to do for Jo?
(a) He offers to help Jo with his homework.
(b) He offers to help carry the food to Widow Horcada.
(c) He offers to put Jo in contact with his father.
(d) He offers to watch the sheep for Jo.
5. How does Jo get the Corporal to stop helping him?
(a) He tells the Corporal he hates him.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He says he won't get paid.
(d) He yells at the man then stomps off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the widow know about Jo's father?
2. What does Grandpere admit he is doing with Madame Horcada?
3. Who unexpectedly followed Jo when he took Grandpere up to the widow's house?
4. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
5. Who helped Jo with the sheep after the soldiers came to town?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)