|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Corporal talk to the soldiers about?
(a) The eagles and the nest
(b) The previous war
(c) How much he liked the villagers
(d) Old Germany
2. What was Papa like when he came home at curfew each night?
(a) He was triumphant that he got away with breaking the rules.
(b) He was angry and loud.
(c) He was drunk and brooding.
(d) He was nervous.
3. Why did the man stay with the widow?
(a) He was waiting for Anya to find him.
(b) He knew she needed health care.
(c) He knew she needed someone to work on the farm.
(d) He wanted to protect her.
4. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
(a) They were going to sell the pigs to Grandpere.
(b) They were going to ask Jo to steal for them.
(c) They were going to plant a large garden.
(d) They wanted Jo to beg the soldiers for food.
5. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(b) He played hooky from school.
(c) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(d) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hubert think of the soldiers?
2. What were the Germans in the village like?
3. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
4. How often should the boy come check on the widow?
5. Why did Grandpere choose to tell the secret?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)