|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the stranger react when they tell him about the curfew?
(a) He thinks it's a good idea.
(b) He gets very depressed and refuses to talk about it.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He says he doesn't care and goes out anyway.
2. What did the Corporal talk to the soldiers about?
(a) How much he liked the villagers
(b) The eagles and the nest
(c) Old Germany
(d) The previous war
3. Where was the man from?
(a) Paris, France
4. How did the widow and Benjamin plan to get what they needed?
(a) They were going to plant a large garden.
(b) They were going to sell the pigs to Grandpere.
(c) They wanted Jo to beg the soldiers for food.
(d) They were going to ask Jo to steal for them.
5. Why did Grandpere choose to tell the secret?
(a) He thought they needed help.
(b) Papa thought his son was betraying him.
(c) He forgot it was supposed to be a secret.
(d) Madame Horcada released him from his promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the man stay with the widow?
2. How did the stranger react when he was told about Jo's work in the household?
3. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
4. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
5. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)