|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greeted Jo when he brought the sheep in early due to the rain and mud?
(c) Madame Horcada
2. What happened to Anya?
(a) She was injured and a relative was taking care of her.
(b) She got a job.
(c) She was killed.
(d) She became separated from her father.
3. Why did Grandpere choose to tell the secret?
(a) Papa thought his son was betraying him.
(b) Madame Horcada released him from his promise.
(c) He forgot it was supposed to be a secret.
(d) He thought they needed help.
4. What relationship does the man have to the widow?
(a) He is her helper.
(b) He is her son-in-law.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is her adopted son.
5. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jo's sister react to the stranger?
2. What were Jo's nightmares about?
3. What did the Corporal give Hubert as a gift?
4. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
5. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)