|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Papa react to the friendship between his family members and the soldiers?
(a) He thought it was wise.
(b) He understood it even if he didn't agree with it.
(c) He was was very angry and hurt.
(d) He thought it was natural in their situation.
2. What were Jo's nightmares about?
(a) Bears and soldiers
(b) His father
(c) Jewish children
3. Why did Grandpere choose to tell the secret?
(a) He thought they needed help.
(b) Madame Horcada released him from his promise.
(c) He forgot it was supposed to be a secret.
(d) Papa thought his son was betraying him.
4. How did Jo's sister react to the stranger?
(a) She ran up to him and hugged him.
(b) She wanted to stay right next to him.
(c) She wouldn't stay in the same room as him.
(d) She was scared of him at first.
5. Who was the "stranger" in Jo's home?
(a) The Corporal
(c) His teacher
(d) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't the patrol see the person at the edge of the woods?
2. What kind of work did Hubert do?
3. What did the Corporal talk to the soldiers about?
4. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
5. The soldiers were trying to prevent people's escape to where?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)