|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Maman and Grandpere respond when Jo asked them why the Germans wanted to kill the Jews?
(a) They told him to ask questions like that.
(b) They didn't know, and they said the Germans made up their rules as they went along.
(c) They refused to talk or look at him until he changed the subject.
(d) They said Hitler was jealous of the Jews since they were God's Chosen People.
2. Who unexpectedly followed Jo when he took Grandpere up to the widow's house?
(b) The corporal
3. What happened to Anya?
(a) She was injured and a relative was taking care of her.
(b) She became separated from her father.
(c) She got a job.
(d) She was killed.
4. Why did the man stay with the widow?
(a) He knew she needed someone to work on the farm.
(b) He was waiting for Anya to find him.
(c) He wanted to protect her.
(d) He knew she needed health care.
5. Why was Jo able to go to the widow's house?
(a) Hubert came along and watched the sheep for him.
(b) His mother gave him the afternoon off.
(c) His grandfather sent him up on an errand.
(d) He played hooky from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandpere bring home from Widow Horcada's?
2. How did Grandpere respond to the widow's offer?
3. What did Hubert chase when they went to the woods?
4. How did Laurent feel about his own father?
5. Why was the widow concerned about Benjamin?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)